• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 722 Views, 20 Comments

A Regular Horse. - beau101023



A regular horse comes to Equestria. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
9
 20
 722

Chapter 3

“So who do you think would be powerful enough to cast this spell, Spike?” Applejack said as the six of them stood in front of the Ponyville Library.

“I dunno… It would have to be a unicorn,” Spike said as he sat down on the grass

“I know that, Spike,” she said, giving him a bland look, “I meant specifically.”

“Oh, heh,” Spike said, “well… I suppose Rarity could do it...,”

“I don’t think so Spike, I’m just not that skilled,” Rarity said apologetically as she sat down next to him.

“Alright, who else?” Pinkie Pie said impatiently, leaning against the wall.

“Well there’s Vinyl, but I think she’s in Canterlot for a concert,” Spike said thoughtfully. “We could also ask Joe, but I think he’s even less powerful than Rarity.”

“Okay… So do we know anypony else who might be able to do it?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well… The only one I can think of that’s powerful enough besides Vinyl would be… Trixie,” Spike said hesitantly.

“Ugh...” Rainbow Dash groaned, faceplanting into the grass. “Do we really have to ask Trixie for help? She’s such a jerk.”

“I know… but what other choice do we have?” Spike said flatly. “Besides, she really doesn’t like Twilight, so she’ll probably just say no.”

“Alright, let’s get this over with,” Rainbow Dash said, getting up from the ground. “Does anypony actually know where Trixie is?”

“Uh… Oops, I forgot we actually need to find her first,” Spike said sheepishly.

“So let’s start looking already!” Pinkie said, pushing off from the wall energetically.

“Umm… Guys?” Fluttershy said quietly.

“Yeah?” Rainbow Dash said.

“I-If it’s alright with everypony,” Fluttershy said hesitantly, “I’m just going to stay here and take care of Twilight,”

“Alright, sugarcube,” Applejack said reassuringly, “we’ll be back soon.”

“Try not to have too much fun with Twilight while we’re gone!” Pinkie said slyly as a blush covered Fluttershy from head to hoof.

The five of them left Fluttershy stammering incoherently on the doorstep as Pinkie snickered and snorted uncontrollably, almost losing her balance.

“That really wasn’t very nice, Pinkie,” Applejack chided.

“Aww, I was just messing with her,” Pinkie said, sticking her tongue out at Applejack.

“Ah know you meant well, but you should apologise just the same for putting her on the spot like that,” Applejack said, giving Pinkie a meaningful look.

“I guess…” Pinkie said, her mane deflating slightly.

“Good. Now where should we look for Trixie first,” Applejack said, stopping to look around.

“Doesn’t she have her wagon thingymajig parked near the Whitetail woods?” Spike asked.

“I reckon so,” Applejack said. “Does anypony know where it is?”

“I remember seeing it on the side of the southern path leading out of the woods,” Rainbow Dash said, starting to walk down the path.

“Hold your horses,” Applejack said. “she moves around a lot, r-” Applejack was abruptly cut off by an outburst of laughter.

“Hehehe… Hold your horses,” Pinkie forced out between intermittent of laughter.

“Pinkie it’s not that fu-” Applejack was again cut off by Pinkie, as she dropped to the floor laughing.

“Ugh… Lets just go,” she said flatly.

Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity started for the woods, with Pinkie following soon after.

As they walked, Spike had a thought. “Hey guys? Do any of you remember where that one stallion went?” he asked with concern.

“What stallion?” Applejack replied curiously.

“You know,” Spike said, “The white one.”

Applejack looked at him strangely.

“The one with all those gray spots?” Spike said dryly.

She raised an eyebrow quizzically.

“And the red eyes?” Spike said, getting frustrated.

Spike could hear irritating cricket noises coming from somewhere in the distance.

“So no one’s ever even seen him?” he said with confusion.

“I haven’t,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Are you sure you aren’t just imagining this stallion?” Rarity said delicately. “You didn’t see him in a dream?”

“No!” Spike insisted. “Twilight and Pinkie saw him too, right Pinkie?”

“What?” Pinkie said distractedly, looking at a distant bird.

“Haven’t you seen a strange white stallion before?” Spike said desperately.

“I dunno,” Pinkie mumbled, continuing to stare at the bird.

“Aww man,” Spike grumbled. Just then, they rounded a bend in the path, and found themselves in front of an old shack that looked like it hadn’t been used in months.

“Hey guys, there’s Trixie’s cart,” Rainbow Dash called out. “It’s parked right next to that house.”

“If you could call it that,” criticized Rarity.

“So how are we going to do this?” Applejack said. “We really need her help.”

“We could always knock her out and drag her back to the library,” Rainbow Dash said mischievously.

“Now Rainbow, that’s no way to act, you are a lady after all,” Rarity said, much to Rainbow Dash’s annoyance.

“Pfft, lady, shmady,” Rainbow dash said flippantly, “I just want to get this done so I can go take a nap.”

“C’mon you guys!” Pinkie said suddenly. “You’re taking too long!”

“Alright,” Applejack said with an air of finality as she walked up to the front door. “let’s do this.”

The tension built as Applejack raised her hoof to knock on the door.

Everypony held their breath as it drew nearer.

It was a mere inches away.

But suddenly, KABOOM! There was a giant bang and a loud crash as the ponies were sent flying in a burst of confetti and smoke. From deep within the dingy shack they could hear somepony giggling like a little schoolfilly.

“Ugh…” Spike groaned.

TRIXIE!” Rainbow Dash yelled in frustration as she jumped to her hooves. “Get out here right now!”

A snickering Trixie appeared from the darkness of the shack’s doorway. “Hah! Yet another prank pulled masterfully by the Great and Annoying Trixie!” she said as thunder clapped from somewhere in the distance.

Everypony looked at her dumbfoundedly. “Uhh… Did you just say ‘the Great and Annoying Trixie?’” Spike asked, looking like his brain was about to dribble out from his ear.

“That’s right,” Trixie said proudly. “Ever since that fateful day I fought Twilight Sparkle in glorious battle, I’ve learned there’s more to life than being great, you need to have a little fun too.”

At those words, Pinkie smiled so wide, everypony was sure the top of her head would come off her body

“I see you’ve been practicing your pranks, Trix,” she said, beaming as she trotted over and gave Trixie a hoofbump.

“Wait, wait, wait, hold on,” Spike said, looking like his head was about to explode, “you two are friends?”

“Well yeah,” Pinkie said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “we’ve been friends ever since Twilight beat her in that duel. I helped her set up some of those fireworks.”

“Huh…” Spike said lamely. “I guess stranger things have happened…”

“So why are you all here anyways?” Trixie questioned.

“Well, you see,” Spike started, “there was an… Accident, and Twilight lost her memory, so we need a unicorn who can cast a memory spell, and you seemed like a good choice.”

“Hehe. And what if I refuse?” Trixie said mischieviously.

“Then I’ll pound your face in,” Rainbow Dash said in a deadly calm voice.

“Alright, alright, geez, I’ll cast your stupid spell,” Trixie said uneasily as Rainbow Dash stared her down.

“Huh, that was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be,” Applejack said suspiciously. “You’re sure you aren’t going to play a nasty trick on us or somethin’?”

“Now why would I do something like that…” Trixie said slyly as Rainbow Dash gave her a dirty look.

“What’s with you two anyways?” Spike said. “You have some sort of grudge?”

“You could say that…” Rainbow Dash said through clenched teeth.

“She’s just jealous of my mad pranking skills,” Trixie said tauntingly.

“She poured a bucket of maple syrup on me!” Rainbow Dash said accusingly. “Do you know how many showers I had to take to get that out of my coat?”

“It was just for fun…” Trixie said, smirking.

“Why you little…” Rainbow Dash said as she advanced menacingly towards Trixie, pulling a bottle of maple syrup out of Pinkie’s mane.. “Let’s see how you like maple syrup all over you!”

“Hey!” Pinkie said, getting between the two. “That’s my maple syrup!” she said as she snatched it out of Rainbow Dash’s hooves. She narrowed her eyes as she tipped the bottle into her mouth. “This is only for drinking.” she gurgled through the syrup.

“Hey!” Applejack yelled, causing everypony to turn to her. “How’s about, we forget all this syrup business for now, and go back to the library to cast that spell.”

A small murmur of agreement went throughout the group.

“Okay, let’s get going,” Applejack said.

“Just a second,” Trixie said, trotting into her cart.

She came out a second later. “Okay, I’m ready to go!”

“What did you do?” Pinkie asked curiously.

“I just tucked Mister Stinky into bed,” Trixie said with a shrug.

“Who’s… Mister Stinky?” Applejack said cautiously.

“He’s my pet rock,” Trixie said casually.


The horse was in pain.

Horrible, horrible pain.

It longed for relief.

...

It found relief on the living room rug.

Comments ( 2 )

That pony reminds me of Screwy.

Cancelled due to lack of motivation/inadequate writing skills. :c Will be hopefully working on more oneshots. This story was just not meant to continue beyond the first chapter.

Login or register to comment