• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 953 Views, 11 Comments

PonyNorman - Flutters Is Shy



Norman is attacked by a strange creature, and is pulled through to Equestria by Princess Luna.

  • ...
4
 11
 953

4- Reverb

Luna awoke, a furious ache in her neck. Groaning with the force of a thousand exploding moons, she managed to heave herself into a semi upright position. How the hay did she fall asleep sitting upright? why wasn't she in her bed? Why-

Luna looked down, suddenly consious of a warm weight pressed against her barrel. She shifted, dislodging the sheet from around her wings. When had the colt done that? She must have been deep deep asleep if he was able to do all this without her waking up and noticing. He had apparently also decided to use her as a cushion, abanding the bed and leaving it all to it's lonesome.

"Awake, sister?"

Luna jerked towards doorway, her gaze allighting on her sister standing there. "Tia. How long have you been standing-"

"Only for the last few minutes. You must have sensed me walk in. How is our little guest?"

"He appears to have... fallen asleep on me. Perfectly good bed and he decides to lay on me. Don't know whether I should feel confused, or grateful. And of yourself? How goes the day?" Luna launched into her daily spiel in attempt to regain a semblance of regularity.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. A couple of teachers down at the university reported a slight blip of an earthquake on their seismographs. Nothing else though that would explain, or lend credence as to how the little one arrived ."

"Truly? Not a single clue?" Luna pleaded, shifing her weight slightly while trying not to wake the little one.

"Not a one. I plan on sending a letter to Princess Twilight, but I wanted to wait for your opinion on the matter. How much do you believe we should disclose?"

Luna tapped a hoof to her chin, "... all of it. I wish not to hide this treasure away, and I believe such an act would only serve to hurt him in the long run. If he is to be stuck in our world for any given amount of time, we should do our all to comfort him."

Celestia nodded her head in agreement, walking closer to better see the child. He had his forelimbs wrapped around her sisters midsection, his face burried deep into the soft fur of her sisters neck. Looking closer, she could see a line of wetness tracing down over the curve, Luna was going to throw a fit about that once she found out. She always did when they were younger, anyway. She still wasn't sure that spit could make someponies hair fall out, she hadn't been able to confirm it in her exceptionally long life. Luna had a wing curled around him protectively, like a mother with their foal. Celestia had to stifle a face breaking grin.

She would make a wonderful mother, if only she'd open up and find somepony to have foals with...

"What's that look for?" Luna asked, dragging Celestias mind back to the present.

"Oh nothing... You just look like such a happy mother," Celestia teased. Luna's face became one of shock, and it was all she could do to not leap to her hooves and dislodge the sleeping bundle.

"T-Tia! Bad! Bad sister!" she hissed. "No cake for a month!"

Celestia knew her sister was bluffing, but it really was better not to push her. "Do not jest of such things," she chided.

"Who ever said I was joking?" she cooed back playfuly.

"I did. If I'm not allowed cake, no moon pie for you," Celestia shot back.

"You would never!"

"You're right," Celestia admitted, walking over to her sister and encircling both her and the colt with a wing. "Because if we were both not allowed sweets, the foal would also be as such restricted. And that is simply needlessly cruel towards one of his age."

"Oh, only because of him?" Luna jibed. "So you are unconcerned with being cruel towards me?" Luna asked, a faux shocked tone in her voice. "Forsooth mine sister, how glib thy words can be. Truly, a monster thee hath become."

"You do know you no longer have to speak like that, right?" Celestia asked, nuzzling her sister.

"Oh, but what fun would that be? To leave our attendees with perfect comprehension of all that we say? T'would not do."

"Mr. Geary talks like you do," a new voice added itself to their conversation. "But I think that's just because he was a 'Shakespearean thespian' before he died."

Both alicorns peered downward at the now revealed to be awake youngster. He returned their gaze, sheepishly raising Luna's wing at a vain attempt to hide from thier piercing gazes.

"Why hello there little one," Celestia stated calmly, internally jumping for joy. How exciting this was! To be conversing with an entirely new species, and one that already knew their native language! "It appears you have finally awoken. Did you sleep well?"

"I... the bed was kinda cold... I hope you don't mind," he said in a start stop manner, refusing to look Luna in the eye.

"I mind not, young one," Luna replied. "a friendly warmth was well recieved to pass us through the night. I must apologize though, your first night here being one of confusion."'

The young males eyes flashed with a spark of remembrance, "Oh! There was someone here while you were sleeping!"

Well that was odd. He must have been mistaken, only Luna or Celestia had the power needed to break the seals on their bedrooms. Nopony new the correct sequences, either.

"A pony... one who was dead," he said hesitantly. When he realized they didn't contradict him or outright call him a liar, he continued, "He was really dark, and had a horn and wings like you two," he claimed. "He said he was your dad. He wanted me to let you know... he wanted me to give you a message."

Celestia was on the verge of tears, and it seemed her sister was close behind her.

"Know this," the child started, "Through all I have seen you do, I want you to know that I am proud. Thats all he said before he disappeared."

He need not have said any more. With his last word he found himself embraced yet tighter by two sobbing sisters. Unable to move or even protest, he instead settled in and let himself enjoy the sensation.

There were worse ways to die.

Author's Note:

Happy Birthday to me, heres a present for you guys!