• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,310 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,310

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48 - Magic Mystery Metal

The Griffons were in hot pursuit as Trixie runs towards Twilight and Luffy. She turned and saw her arch nemesis up ahead. "YOU!!"

"Eh?" Luffy spoke. "Who's she?"

"Uh… Well, she's a… Well, friend wouldn't be the word…" Twilight shrugged.

"Look! It's Twilight Sparkle and Pony D. Luffy!" The jailers pointed out. "Get them!"

Luffy and Twilight jumped before running away as well. The three now ran around the Stage, away from the griffons. Soon, more griffons went in with spears, throwing them at the trio.

"Trixie! What are you doing here!?" Twilight questioned.

"That's the great and powerful Trixie to you!" She sneered. "Trixie was captured for being a valuable asset to Equestria."

"Okay, now be serious." Twilight said, not believing a single word.

"Anyways, who's this? Another one of your underlings?" Trixie questioned.

"That's Luffy, and he's not my underling. He's my friend."

"Aww, did you two get caught on your date?" She teased.

Twilight's face reddened before shouting at her. "NO WAY! We broke in here! We weren't captured!"

"What!? Why would you break in!? Who in their right mind would do that!?" Trixie questioned before a thought came into mind. "D-Don't tell Trixie… You heard that Trixie was captured… and you came to rescue Trixie!!"

"No. We're looking for Twilight's brother." Luffy stated, making Trixie almost trip up.

It wasn't long before they saw griffons closing them in from the front. The trio were now surrounded with enemies on both sides.

"AH! There's no way out!" Trixie screamed.

"Then we're just gonna have to bust through!" Luffy declared.

"Through that barricade!? It's impossible!" Trixie stated.

Luffy raised an eyebrow at her and said, "Huh… You're not really great or powerful."

Trixie dropped her jaw before scolding back, "Trixie IS! And she'll prove it to you!"

"I can't believe I'm working with her this time." Twilight sighed. "Well, as long as it'll save Shining!"

Trixie and Twilight turned around and shot their magic bolts. The stream of magic hits the crowd of griffons while Luffy stretched his hoof, blowing out the group of jailers ahead as well. He retracted his hoof before Trixie could turn around to gloat.

"See? With the power of the great and powerful Trixie's magic, Twilight's frail abilities were now good enough to defeat-" She paused to see how the lone earth pony knocked out the griffon group ahead. "Wha!? How-"

"Come on! We don't have time Twilight!" Luffy told her.

"Right! Let's go!" Twilight complied, chasing after Luffy. Trixie jumped and went after them.

"Hey! Hold on! The exit's that way!" She pointed out.

"We're not leaving until we find Twilight's brother!" Luffy told her.

"Are you out of your mind!? If you get taken, Twilight will have to work in this place to charge magic for griffons! Do you really want that!?"

"I'm not going either until we find Shining!" Twilight said again.

"A-And you! You want to be powering all of Talon's Hold on a treadmill!? O-Or worse!? They have a lot of exhausting and painful torturing for fools who get captured!"

"Like you?" Luffy wondered.

"TRIXIE WILL BEAT YOU DOWN!" She shouted.

"We're not turning back." Luffy said. "If you want to leave, go ahead."

Trixie huffed and stopped running. "Fine. Trixie thought we can work together, but Trixie can see that you're insistent on throwing your lives away, be my guest!"

"Why does she keep saying her name?" Luffy questioned.

"I have no idea." Twilight replied before continuing on. As Trixie split from the group, she turned to see from the corner where the griffons are in shock of their troops condition.

"What happened!? Did they actually all get beaten!?"

"Send in more back up!"

Trixie backed up from the two in fear. She quickly followed after Twilight and Luffy once again.

"You know what? Trixie has decided to come with you. To… Help save your brother!"

Twilight stared at her in annoyance while Luffy grinned widely. "Great! Which way are the stairs?"


Flare was struggling to get up as Electra had the advantage. The electricity had managed to shock her system, making her dizzy and unable to stay still. She was wobbling back and forth before falling to the floor. Electra laughed as she gloated over her defeat.

"Is that really all you got? Honestly, I expected more of a challenge from you."

The griffons came in and saluted to Electra as Flare could only stay on the ground. Holding the downed mare, Electra points to the cages.

"Give her a chain and place her on the treadmill to power the Hold. I'm going to continue the pincer formation to Twilight Sparkle and Pony D. Luffy."

"Yes mam!" They saluted.

She nodded and flew off to reach the destination. As the griffons were about to do as they were told, Gilda manages to climb out and see them. She carries the box and throws it at the griffon before the other realized of Gilda's presence. Just when he was about to battle, he was carried by levitation. Gilda looked to see Gold returning while using his horn to lift the griffon. Tossing him to the wall and knocking him out, Gold went to Flare and picked her up.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Flare peeks before breathing out, "… Took you… Long enough…"

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Gilda asked.

"Yeah, but it took a lot of work. The control room had just as many guards as the cells in this place."

"That explains why you look a bit beat up." Gilda stated at his bruises and cuts.

Gold chuckled before showing off what he was looking for. "Stage 1 keys. For all the doors in this floor, and all the chains."

"… Don't tell me you're…?" Flare questioned with eyes as thin as needles.

"Gilda! Take care of Flare. I'm sure one of these hundreds of ponies and griffons locked up here should know first aid." He said in triumph as he went to the cages.

Gilda watched him trot off as Flare glared at him and sighed.

"Eccentric my tail. He's just a troublemaker." Flare complained.

"But a break out is just what we needed." Gilda stated. "With all this help, we'll catch up with Luffy and Twilight in no time."


Luffy, Twilight, and Trixie raced through the stairs, they had finally arrived onto Stage 3. Along the way, from Stage 2 through the stairs and into the room they had just arrived, they found out what the machines were powering. Conveyor belts everywhere as well as a chamber of magic. The conveyor belt had metal strolling down, going into chambers of magic. Next to the chamber of magic were the operation system, where the imprisoned ponies and griffons press the buttons and pull the lever. The doors of the chamber close, and the magic flushes in the metal. Once the process was done, the metal comes out with the energy still clinging on. The metal on the conveyor was then sent to a melting pot where the metal melted with its magic, churned into the burning liquid before it went into the processor. There, the imprisoned would be forced to make sure it was melded into the desired item.

Twilight waved her hoof for Trixie and Luffy to follow close. She took each and every note as she analyzed the process that was going on before scanning the items made by the metal so far. Luffy and Trixie sweated as the steam flowed around endlessly.

"Whoa, what is this place?" Luffy wondered.

"If you're a strong prisoner, you're taken here to process the iron they have." Trixie explained.

"What is this stuff?" Twilight wondered. "All these items they've made… armor, necklaces, weapons? They've all been… enchanted!!"

"Well, duh!" Trixie exclaimed. "Don't you see the unicorn magic flowing in!?"

Twilight pats her hoof, understanding what she meant. "Wait… I got it! Stage 1 powers Talon Hold to make all these machines work, Stage 2 harvests unicorn magic, and Stage 3 uses that magic to enchant the metal! Here, they make enchanted gear!"

"Exactly!" Trixie nodded.

"But… What kind of enchantment is it?" Twilight questioned.

"It's usually random. To be stronger, faster, sometimes make certain attributes like ice or fire. Even if you don't have a horn, earth ponies, pegasus, even griffons can use magic so long as they have the enchanted weapon or attire."

"That explains all those griffons we've been facing!" Twilight thought.

"Generals especially have them. All higher grades of the Griffon Kingdom assure that all generals have the proper gear for battle." Trixie continued. "The all knowing Trixie has managed to hear this from the creator of these machines themselves."

"Fascinating!" Twilight sparkled at the idea.

Luffy stared at them in confusion, tilting his head. Finally, he said, "So… It's mystery metal?"

Twilight slapped her face and said, "Yes, it's mystery metal. And it makes mystery gear."

"Alright then, where's your brother?" Trixie questioned. "He's around here, right?"

"No, he's on Stage 5." Luffy answered.

Trixie drops her jaw, practically screaming at him. "STAGE 5!? ARE YOU MAD!?"

"What!?" Luffy yelled back.

"Stage 5 isn't used to benefit the griffons through the process of enchanted metal. Stage 4 and 5 are used to hold war criminals and get them to give out information through torture. Those who stay in Stage 4 are those who have lost their will while Stage 5 is where they do brutal beatings in order to get the knowledge of their enemies. Sometimes, they do it for fun though."

Twilight shook and began to tear up while being angry at the same time. She stomped her hooves to the next stairs above. Luffy followed after her while Trixie was shocked that they continued to move forward.

"What are you doing!? No matter who your brother is, he can't be worth the trouble of rescuing from Stage 5!"

Luffy and Twilight turned and shoved Trixie to the wall with an expression of hatred. Twilight then leaned to her and said, "Don't you ever say that. My big brother is my family. I'll go to the depths of Tartarus to make him safe."

The two lets go of Trixie as she drops to the floor, fearing the two as they are. Just as their scuffle ended, a new one had come into view. Jailer griffons came and surrounded them, including the ones who were supposed to be watching the imprisoned. Trixie hid behind Twilight as the two were getting ready. The griffons however seemed unprepared.

"Uh, where's Venom?"

"Why didn't he come here!?"

"It doesn't matter! We can get them with numbers!"

The griffons regained their tempo and were about to attack. As Trixie screamed behind Twilight, Luffy walked forward. Battle cries echoed throughout the room while Luffy looked up with a cold glare. Using his Haoshoku Haki, Luffy easily makes them all fall. Trixie stares at Luffy in disbelief as he walked onward.

"We gotta keep going Twi." He told her.

"Right, let's go." She agreed.

Trixie was still as the red stallion beats the crowd by merely staring at them. She began to wonder what she got herself into. Running through this prison seemed as if it was nothing for these two. Trixie was being reminded of how Twilight surpassed her back in the town, where she was revealed for the fraud she was. Becoming a bit envious, she holds her head up higher and follows them. Having no choice either way, she hopes that they could at least get her free.

Twilight ran as fast as she could with her friend. Luffy was as determined as her to save her brother. Although she has not truly known Luffy through years, she knew him well enough to know he wouldn't just save anyone he didn't know. Maybe he truly cared for his friends. But the way he acted when someone disrespected the place of Shining Armor made her wonder why he was so out of character. Ever since Twilight had told the others of her family connections to Shining Armor, Luffy has become persistent in saving him as much as her. Twilight had to know why.

"Luffy…"

"What is it Twi?" He responded, still focused on the pathway.

"Can you tell me… Why you care so much about Shining?" she asked. "It's not that I don't appreciate it. It's just strange to see you act differently."

"Because he's your brother Twilight." He answered sternly. "Letting him die to you would be the worst. So I'm not gonna let that happen!"

"… Really…?" Twilight spoke in surprise.

Luffy nodded, assuring Twilight that he would be there for her. The violet mare gave a whimpering smile before wiping them to return to the mission. Even though Luffy's answer was straightforward and true to his word, there could've been more to say. How it reminded him of his own attempt to save Ace, and how much this resembled of just that. Right now, it felt as if it was a rematch to the devastating challenge. Something he cannot let Twilight face alone.

How much has Equestria reminded him about the past? His childhood, his adventures, and his family? It has come to the point where Luffy felt as if he had a chance to prove himself. To be able to succeed this time. Even if he can't bring back Ace, he will save Twilight from the despair it would bring.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your supporting comments. It's hard to continue a story when you get little feedback from time to time, especially kind ones or criticism, and not people just posting a comment saying, "I don't like your story, just because." And not say why.

I'll be going back to Celestia's Care Taker for a bit before I continue.

PreviousChapters Next