• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,298 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,298

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 - First Troubles

Luffy was eating out of the pile of apples he had collected with Applejack. On the third day of his arrival, Luffy has been eating lots of apples. He's gotten used to it, but what he wouldn't do for a piece of meat.

"Luffy!" Applejack scolded. "What'd I tell you about eating the apples we're collecting!?"

"But I'm so hungry!" Luffy complained.

"Breakfast was only ten minutes ago! You ate more than all of us as usual! How could you always be this hungry!?"

Aside from Applejack's bickering, Applebloom ran up to her big sister.

"Applejack! Applejack!" Applebloom called.

She sighed and turned to her little sister. "What is it Applebloom?"

"I finished all my chores! Can I go play with my friends?" Applebloom asked.

"All of your chores?" She asked with a lie detecting eye.

"Yep! Every single one!"

"Alright then. I suppose you can go have some fun with your friends." She allowed.

"Yay! Thanks Applejack!" She said before running up to Luffy. "Hey, mister Luffy, do you want to come too?"

Luffy gasped in excitement and quickly answered, "Yeah! Let's go!"

Before Luffy could escape, Applejack held onto his hoof, preventing him from leaving as well as extending his long foreleg.

"Now wait just a darn second!" She shouted. "You ain't done with your chores Luffy."

Luffy groaned, "Aww, do I have to?"

"Yeah Applejack, does he have to?" Applebloom asked with her adorable puppy dog eyes.

Doing her best to resist giving in, she falters and says, "Oh, alright! He'd probably do more harm if he stayed here anyways."

The two cheered and left trotting away happily. Applejack just nodded at this.


Luffy followed Applebloom as she brought him to the clubhouse. Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle were there, waiting for her.

"Whoa…" Luffy said. "Is this your tree house?"

"Sure is! I fixed the place up after Applejack gave it to me." Applebloom said with a hint of pride.

"Hey Applebloom, who's this guy?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'm Luffy! Nice to meet ya!" Luffy greeted.

"Hi mister Luffy! My name is Sweetiebelle." She introduced herself.

"And I'm Scootaloo."

Luffy laughed and said, "You all have funny names!"

Scootaloo crossed her hooves and said, "Luffy isn't any better."

"Don't worry, he says that about everypony." Applebloom assured her friends.

"So you guys hang out in that tree house?" Luffy wondered.

"Yeah, this is the Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse!" Sweetiebelle explained.

"That sounds neat." Luffy replied as he went up to the building.

The three fillies watched Luffy placing his hoof onto the walls of the structure. To Luffy, he began to recall something. Back at East Blue, there is another clubhouse where three brothers lived together. There were times when they played, many when they eat, and some when they would argue who should be the captain. Luffy had on a simple smile as he began to have the urge to go up even higher. He jumped to the roof and on top of the tree to gaze at what surrounded him. The forest of apple trees, The farmhouse of Sweet Apple Acres, and a town he has yet to cross, Ponyville.

"Luffy!" Applebloom called. "What are you doing up there?"

Luffy was just in the mood to reminisce at the moment. Never had he thought to feel the familiarity of where he was right now. It felt nice. Luffy was grinning widely before chuckling to himself.

"Your friend is weird." Scootaloo commented.

Applebloom sighed. "Yes, yes he is."

Luffy came down and landed nearby the three. "This place is great! I like it!"

"Glad to hear that Luffy!" Applebloom responded.

"So, what do you want to do?" Sweetiebelle asked.

Applebloom had an idea. "Oh! I know!"

"That can't be good." Scootaloo joked.

"Seriously girls, this could be fun!" Applebloom stated. She turned to Luffy and requested, "Luffy! Can you do something for us?"

"Sure, what is it?" Luffy asked.


Applejack was heading into town with a wagon of apples being towed. Reaching the market, she sets up her fruit stand and standby until further notice. During the time, she happened to notice a mare complaining to Mayor Mare.

"What do you mean, a tree fell on the roof of your house?"

"I mean, it just fell right on it! Almost as if somepony bucked the thing all the way over there!"

"And when did this happen?" Mayor Mare asked.

"Yesterday!"

Applejack had a cold chill down her spine. She tried to continue work until Twilight came by.

"Howdy Twilight." She greeted. "What brings you by?"

"AJ, what happened yesterday?" She asked. "I saw a tree literally fall out of nowhere. I know Luffy has devil fruit powers, but I doubt a rubber pony can just send off a tree like that."

Applejack began to sweat and whispered, "Okay, look! You know when Rainbow was telling us he was some kind of a freak? Well, she wasn't kidding. Luffy managed to buck the thing on the first go! I never saw anything like it!"

Twilight's eyes shrunk at this. "You're kidding?"

"No, I'm not. But he's not all bad. I think we just gotta get to know him a bit better. See what he can and can't do."

Twilight's eyes began to sparkle with an idea. "So what you're saying is… We should examine him…"

Applejack was nervous at where Twilight was going with this. "Now Twilight, let's calm down here. Luffy may be a bit different from us, but he's still a pony like us."

"Yes… A pony that used to be a human…" Her eyes began to shine as bright as her curiosity.

"Twilight…?" Applejack called as she waved her hoof in front of her face. "Twi!"

"Huh? What?" She snapped back to herself.

"I really don't think you should do that. Luffy has his rights after all."

Just as she said that, a screaming noise was heard. Everyone was looking around for the source until they realized it was coming from the sky. Looking closely, they see Luffy along with Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, and Scootaloo riding on top of him. Applejack and Twilight began to panic as well as Rainbow and Rarity who happened to be nearby. They started screaming and yelling while Rainbow tried to rescue the fillies, and maybe Luffy.

Meanwhile, the three were having the time of their life as they hold onto Luffy tightly. Sweetiebelle, although having fun, was a bit concerned on one thing. "This is great and all, but how are we gonna land?"

"I didn't think of that." Applebloom admitted. "I thought since Luffy is made of rubber, we can land on him safely."

"Don't worry! It'll be fine!" Luffy said as he began to ready his breath.

As Rainbow got close to Luffy, he had inhaled and then held his breath. Right then, he then inflated.

"Gomu Gomu no Fusen!" (Gum Gum Balloon!)

Rainbow happened to be pushed away by Luffy's balloon like body while he and the girls landed safely into town. The ponies were baffled at what they just saw. The fillies got off of Luffy and cheered.

"That was so much fun!" Sweetiebelle commented.

"So cool too! I never flew like that before!" Scootaloo added.

Luffy laughed and said, "It's no big deal."

"I told you guys it'd be fun!" Applebloom said.

As the three were talking however. Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow rushed to him and bonked him on the head.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" They scolded.

Luffy ended up rolling to the wall of a house. The three were obviously peeved.

"Luffy! Of all the things you do, how could you take Applebloom to… the sky like that!?"

"Oh! I can answer that!" Sweetiebelle said. "Luffy did this slingshot with two trees. He called it the Gum Gum Rocket!"

Rarity stepped in front of Sweetiebelle and said, "Honestly mister Monkey D. Luffy! Having the nerve to take our little sisters on a joy ride like that! Just how much of a brute are you!?"

"Wait! It's not Luffy's fault!" Applebloom intervened.

"Look, you don't have to defend this guy Applebloom." Rainbow assured her. "We'll make sure this guy doesn't mess with you again!"

Rainbow looked as if she was about to start a fight again, so Applebloom once again interrupted them. "Hold on! Luffy didn't make us go! I asked him to… well, be a slingshot so we could do that…"

The three mares looked at her and back to Luffy. They shook their heads understanding the situation now.

"You mean to tell me you took advantage of our guest's abilities to pull a stunt like that!?" Applejack questioned.

Applebloom looked to the side and said, "… Yes…"

"She's not in trouble is she?" Luffy asked.

"Well, I wouldn't say you're off the hook either mister." Applejack stated coldly. "Even if Applebloom was the one who had the idea, don't you have a little restraint?"

Luffy just shrugged, annoying the three mares. Applejack then had an idea on punishment.

"Luffy, come here. I need you to do something for me." Applejack claimed. "As for you missy, I'll deal with you later."

Applebloom and the others gulped as Rainbow and Rarity kept a close eye on them. Meanwhile, Luffy was following Applejack who then met up with Twilight.

"Applejack!" Twilight spoke with a hint of worry. "Is everything alright? What happened?"

"It's fine Twi, nopony got hurt." Applejack assured her. "Hey, you know those experiments you wanted to do?"

Author's Note:

I don't know, what do you want to see when experimenting with Luffy's rubber body? I'm not too good on funny science antics considering Luffy doesn't know a lick of it, so I don't know. Nonetheless, I'll get this started and see where it takes me.

PreviousChapters Next