• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,299 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20 - Gilda declines? Hunter now Hunted!

"What do you mean you don't have any griffons captured!?" Rainbow interrogated the bounty hunter.

"I swear! We're having a slow month!" He replied.

"Wait…" Rainbow thought. She turned and yelled, "GILDA!!"

She then saw her breaking the floor as she came from the second floor. She flew off with Luffy in her hold. Rainbow then went in to chase her down. As she got closer to Gilda, she prepared a technique.

"Spiraling-"

Gilda however puts Luffy in front of her, making Rainbow hesitate. Gilda quickly took the chance to punch Rainbow down and fly away. Rainbow crashed nearby Fluttershy, alerting her.

"Rainbow!" Fluttershy screamed. "What happened!?"

"G-Gilda…" Rainbow muttered. "S-She got Luffy… We need to chase after her!"

"Where is she?" Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow looked around to see she was gone. She hits the floor in anger.

"Dang it! No!" She cried. "I can't believe I trusted her! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

"Rainbow…" Fluttershy said as she placed her hoof on her shoulder. "It's okay, we'll find them."

"You don't get it!" Rainbow replied. "Gilda's probably turning Luffy in for his bounty!"

"What…?"

"If Luffy gets turned in, he's gonna die!" Rainbow stated. "The Griffon King placed a bounty on him for a reason!"

"But… But Luffy's strong…"

"He was unconscious when Gilda was carrying him!" Rainbow told her. "I don't know how she managed to knock out Luffy, but right now, he's in danger! We have to find him now!"


In the sky, Luffy was being carried by Gilda's claw, covered by a glove. Luffy tried to push himself away, but Gilda held on tighter, preventing him from slipping.

"Sea stone gloves." Gilda told Luffy. "I wasn't kidding that my parents were pirates. They left all this junk behind after they came back only to leave again."

"… So you lied…?" Luffy questioned while under the influence of sea stone.

"Not completely… but I did fool you." Gilda stated as she lands somewhere in a forest. There, Luffy sees before him a camp of Griffon Kingdom affiliated griffons. They all give Gilda a warm smile as she ties up Luffy.

"There, you can't cause trouble now." Gilda stated.

After she pushes Luffy into the dirt, Luffy was now back to normal. Sadly, being tied up didn't give him much options. "You stupid beak face! I'm gonna kick your ass!"

"I'd like to see you try that." Gilda replied.

From a tent, a large and buff griffon walks out. He wore armor plating on his shoulders, sharp metal parts on his wings, and metallic claws. He walked up to Gilda and grinned.

"Well! Look at this!" He said. "500,000,000 bit bounty! I didn't think you'd get him that easily."

"I'm in a whole new other league when it comes to getting these guys." Gilda stated. "Now that I have 500,000,000 bits with me, you better hold up your side of the deal Gash."

Gash smiled as he said, "Yes, yes, of course. We'll get right on it."

Gash went back to the tent as Luffy tries to get the ropes off. Gilda walks over to Luffy and scoffs.

"Seriously, these are Rainbow's friends nowadays? She can do way better."

"What's your problem?" Luffy questioned.

"I just need that money." Gilda claimed. "An idiot like you wouldn't understand."

Gash came back smiling as he went up to Luffy. He pats his straw hat as he says, "Well, well, well! The infamous Pony D. Luffy! A pleasure to finally meet you!"

"Hands off the hat!" Luffy barked.

Gash pulled his talon away from Luffy's bite. "Feisty one, isn't he?"

"So how long do I have to wait until I can go?" Gilda asked.

"Ah, yes." Gash replied. "Unfortunately, there has been an increase on your toll."

"What!?" Gilda shouted. She grasped onto Gash's shoulders as she says, "You little liar! You promised that once I get the money, you'll let the kingdom off my back!"

"And you will! It's just another 300,000,000 bits." Gash stated.

Gilda's eyes shrunk as she took a few steps back. "300,000,000!? How the hay am I supposed to get that kind of money!?"

"Do what you always did. Catch those bounties." Gash simply answered. "You've been doing such a good job catching rebels, so why not one more?"

"But there isn't anymore! Did you not happen to notice all the bounty hunters drying Griffora of rebels?" Gilda reminded him.

"There's still one more." Gash grinned as he pulled the wanted poster. Gilda's eyes shrunk as she viewed Rainbow Dash's poster. "She was with Straw Hat, wasn't she? Just bring her in and you're done."

"… Rainbow…?"

"Just one more job." Gash told her. "Once you bring her in, you're free to go."

Gilda stared at the poster without expressions. Gash merely waited for her to answer while Luffy watched from where he was. Finally, she gritted her teeth as she says, "No."

Luffy was surprised as much as Gash. He scratched her, pushing Gilda to the floor.

"What was that!?" Gash questioned.

"I'm not gonna do it." Gilda whimpered.

"What's wrong?" Gash teased. "I thought you were in a whole new league when it comes to capturing rebels."

"I can't do it…" Gilda whispered.

Gash carried her from her head and said, "Can't do it? You just got a 500,000,000 bit bounty just now! This 350,000,000 bit bounty shouldn't be any trouble for you."

"I can't… I just can't…" She said with tears shedding. Gash was angered by this as he threw her to the side.

"Did you forget what will happen to you if you don't clear up your debt to the kingdom?" Gash questioned. "As the daughter of the infamous Griffon Pirates, you must pay for the sins of being born by bad blood!"

Gilda struggle to get up as she glares at Gash. "I can't fight Rainbow… If it means turning her in…"

Gash walked up to Gash as he raised his menacing wings and placed it next to Gilda's throat. "And why is that? Do you have some kind of connection to her?"

Gilda started to cry as she remembered the times of her school days. Rainbow and Gilda were rivals at the first glance. They competed for speed and glory on the track. The moment they became friends was when Rainbow defended her from pegasus discriminating her for being an outsider. As time passed, they hung out at lunch. Gilda was fond of Rainbow, but disliked it when she was comforting her other friend, Fluttershy. The pegasus who would always cry over everything. Gilda wished she had Rainbow to herself, but not even that was in her grasp. When Rainbow finished school and moved to Ponyville, Gilda had moved back home in the Griffon Kingdom to find her parents finally did what they had planned. They left for the voyage they yearned for so long without Gilda holding them back.

You'll only hold us back. Maybe when you're stronger, you can fly your way over here!

"Fire Bird Star!"

As if a phoenix was shot, fire then hit Gash as well as igniting the camp on fire. Luffy was then carried away by hands as well as Gilda. Gash recovered in time to see the two gone and his men in panic.

"What is this insolence!?" Gash questioned.

"Doce Fluer."

12 Hands sprouted and tangled around Gash's neck and body. Gash was still, not knowing what was about to happen.

"Clutch!"

The hands cracked the bones, forcing Gash into submission. He falls down knocked out in the middle of the camp. The griffons quickly start putting out fires while Usopp and Robin escape with Luffy and Gilda.

"Robin! Usopp!" Luffy spoke.

"Why do I have to carry the griffon!?" Usopp whined. "She's heavy!"

"But Usopp, you're stronger than I am." Robin claims as she pets Luffy.

"LIES!" Usopp yelled.


"You let them escape!?" Zoro scolded Rainbow and Fluttershy. The two looked down as Zoro pinched his face in disappointment. "Geez… you have got to be kidding me."

"I think Gilda had some Sea Stone on her glove." Chopper claimed as he was tended to by Applejack.

"I went after them, but she used Luffy like a shield and got me when I hesitated." Rainbow explained.

"I knew that Gilda was a meanie mo beanie!" Pinkie said furiously. "She just makes me so MAD!"

"We should focus on where we could find them." Rarity suggested.

"If anything, they might be on the road to Talon's Hold." Twilight stated.

Zoro raised an eyebrow at this. "Talon's Hold?"

"The prison of the Griffon Kingdom. Though Tartarus is too a prison for the greatest of evils, Talon's Hold also holds many law breakers and rebels of the Griffon Kingdom. Once they are within the prison's grasp, they'll never be let out. Like being held by a griffon's sharp claws."

"Seeing how weak everyone is here, I'm not too worried." Zoro commented.

"A little overconfident, aren't ya?" Applejack retorted.

Fluttershy glanced into the distance as she felt more presences. Squinting partially, she sees Usopp and Robin coming into view. Her eyes shrunk as she tells the others, "Zoro! Chopper! Aren't those your friends?"

Everyone looked into the distance to see them along with Luffy and Gilda. Gilda was walking while Luffy was being carried by Robin.

"Robin, I can walk on my own you know." Luffy informed her.

"I don't mind carrying you." Robin replied as she continues to pet Luffy.

"Usopp! Robin!" Chopper called as he ran up to them. He hugged Usopp and said, "I haven’t seen you two for so long!"

"Chopper! You're here too?" Usopp smiled. "That's great!"

"YOU!" Pinkie shouted as she wielded the Wado Ichimonji. "YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID!"

Zoro punched Pinkie in the face yelling, "OI! DON'T STEAL MY SWORDS!"

Zoro grumbled as he puts away his katana while Pinkie was rubbing her head. "I was only gonna hit her with the back of the sword."

"That being said, we still haven't forgotten what you did." Applejack stated as she pulled her rope.

"That's right." Rainbow said as she punched her hooves together.

Robin conjured hands to stop the two from advancing any further. "We didn't save her just for you to beat her up."

"WHAT THE HAY IS THAT!?" Rainbow and Applejack screamed at the hands popping out.

"What are you saying?" Twilight questioned. "You rescued her because she's not bad?"

"Well, I thought the same thing." Usopp explained. "But it turns out she has a good reason for doing all this. Well, I think there's one anyways."

"Will you be willing to share with us this time?" Robin asked Gilda.

"Yeah, sure… I don't have much of a choice now." Gilda nodded.

"Your little trick may have worked last time." Zoro began. "But don't think about doing it again. If you try to pass even a little lie, I won't hesitate to cut you where you stand."

"Oh yeah? What makes you think-" Gilda stopped as Zoro's glare and growl pierced through her bravery. "Uh… right…"

Author's Note:

Rainbow's new move wasn't executed.

Sad, sad.

PreviousChapters Next