• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,298 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,298

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 54 - The War of Scraper City

Author's Note:

Sorry again for skipping another chapter! But the previous one isn't required to read in order to get along with the story.

I know I've been skipping WAY too many chapters, but they were either filler, or weren't required at the moment. I'm posting this because I've been putting the story on hold for too long again.

Please enjoy and leave a comment if possible!:twilightsmile:

Oh, and yes. This chapter was a KILLER to do.

Day 2 of 3

On deck of the ship full of eager and vengeful ponies and griffons, Luffy and Twilight prepare their stratagems for the upcoming fight, knowing it’d be a fierce one. Gilda, Flare, and Gold enter to see the duo in preparation. Rusher also flew in while Trixie was peeking in at the conversation from afar.

“You seem awfully violent today.” Gold noted.

“I have to find whatever ways I can to defend myself.” Twilight explained. “Reaching to Shining means we have to stay alive. To do this, we have to make plans just in case.”

“Good.” Flare nodded in agreement. “War is something you should prepare for, seeing how anything can happen.”

Gilda took a look at the two and easily detected their rather serious expression. Twilight’s was understandable, but Luffy’s was peculiar. “Hey, Luffy.”

Luffy turned to Gilda in response. “Mm?”

“You’ve been a bit more serious lately.” She stated. “It’s probably because of Twilight’s brother and all, but… is there something else that’s biting you?”

Just before Luffy can answer, a stallion ran to them, alerting everyone onboard.

“We’re getting close to Scraper City!” He shouted. “Every pony! Get ready!”

As the crewmen ran to their stations, prepared for emergencies, and took look out; Twilight and company go to the front to see the scaling forces push forward. Dozens of Trojan Griffons stood high over the thousands, perhaps a million griffons armed to the bone with prideful battle cries. On their side, Rusher pointed out to the others that behind them were the pony forces, composed of pegasus class airships as well. With everything coming to place, the epic battle was about to begin.

“This is gonna get real ugly.” Flare spoke.

“You know what’s more frightening?” Gold questioned. “The fact that one of the most benevolent princesses are commanding that fleet. Cadence.”

“I hope she stays safe.” Twilight thought.

“Do you know her?” Luffy asked.

“She used to take care of me when I was little.” Twilight informed him. “When Princess Celestia had to take care of royal matters, she watched after me.”

“EEEEEHH!?” Everyone shouted, in shock of the news.

“Oh, I see.” Luffy nodded.

“Wait a minute.” Gilda spoke. “So you were taken care of by Princess Cadence, and taught by Princess Celestia?”

“I guess this is why they used Shining Armor. To bait not Cadence in particular, but you in.” Flare thought.

“Do you really think so?” Twilight asked.

“That seems to be the case.” Gold thought. “But whatever the reason, one thing’s for sure. All of this will go to waste if we don’t reach Shining Armor.”

Suddenly, the ship shakes, causing an uproar to all the forces on deck. Holding on the best they could, Gilda and Rusher flew off to get ready to catch anyone if they were to fall off. Gold turned to the back and said, “What’s going on!?”

“We’ve been hit!” They answered. “We’re too close to their firing range! And we don’t have enough speed to turn back!”

“We’re gonna fall from the skies!” Trixie screamed.

“There has to be something we can do!” Rusher yelled in terror.

“I have a plan!” Twilight alerted everyone. “I’m going to need every pony’s help!”


In the main Airship of the ponies, Cadence and her advisor of the war force watched as the stray griffon ship was destroyed in mere seconds. The pony army marched towards the enemy without hesitation, each large force lead by a commander hooked with a transponder snail. Cadence turned to her advisor and asked, “Why did the griffons attack that airship?”

“Perhaps it was the ship commandeered by Lieutenant Gold Shield.” He thought. “I couldn’t tell though…”

“We should focus on the battle at hoof.” Cadence said, still shaking at this whole ordeal. The advisor noticed her struggling, taking part of this cruel event, and will soon see bloodshed appear. He felt her pain, but knew she needed to be here in case something were to happen. Shining Armor meant a lot to not her, but many of the equines here today. With that in mind, the advisor thought of something.

“Your highness…” He began. “If I may, let me take control of the battle. I will lead our troops with our strategy.”

“I… I suppose that will be alright…” She said, somewhat unsure.

“Alright, but please stay with me.” He told her. “In case anything happens, I need you to take the calls. Like if they reach Shining Armor per se.”

“I didn’t plan on leaving.” Cadence claimed.

With that said, the advisor stepped forth to the many transponder snails before him. He tapped on the table and spoke.

“This is advisor Puzzle Planner. I’ll give the signal for our strategy. For the most part, do your best to stay alive and make your way to Shining when possible.”

“Yes sir!” The snails yelled back.

“First, send in the airships. Get the unicorns to ready a shield for incoming fire from ballista and cannons. Ground troops, approach, but distance yourselves away from our airships. For this plan to work, you all need to play defensive a little longer. We can go all out once we get to the third part.”

Doing as told, the forces went forth with caution. The griffons came forth to attack, but Puzzle gave the order to counter.

“Archers! Unicorns! Counter them!”

The griffons were unable to penetrate the barrage of magic shots and arrows that flew from the ponies. The pony affiliated airships still stood in front. Finally, frustrated with a standstill assault, the griffons bring out their Trojan superiors. The Trojan Griffon rolls in, and demands space from their allies. The massive war machines fired their cannons and wrecked the unprepared. Those who had their shields up were able to withstand the explosion. The Trojan Griffon crept closer and closer. They were soon heading pass the pony airships, slowly aiming their cannons up. The griffons cheered on as the Trojan Griffons were about to take out their enemy’s airships.

“Yeah! Tear it to shreds!”

“Break it down!”

“Blow it out of the skies!”

Just as the cannons reached halfway to their mark, Puzzle shouted to the transponder snail.

“NOW!”

The airships then released their true weapon. A massive horse-like tank drops and demolishes the Trojan Griffon, leaving about half of the Trojan Griffons destroyed, demolished by their pony counterparts. Puzzle then said to the transponder snails, “Now is our turn. Go on the offensive! Bring the Trojan Horses to fight against the Trojan Griffons! If possible, send any extra Trojan ponies to take out their airships!”

The ponies then fought with full force. They rushed with all their might. As devastated as the Griffons may be, they shook off the fear and brought their frustration on their foes. As the armies clashed, many battles took place in this war.


Flash Sentry was flying pass all the griffons with his squad. When in formation, they were able to pierce through the griffons like an arrow. After taking down squad after squad, he made his way to Shining Armor. It was far, but he could see the commander of the Royal Guard in chains at a tower. No executioners in sight though. As questionable as it may be, he flew straight for his target. But as he did, sudden, a massive stone spire rose and lets the flight team crash on it. Flash Sentry rolled to the floor, but managed to get up with plenty of strength. He looked up to see a griffon with strange armor imbued in magic.

“What the heck…!?” Flash spoke.

“My, my, looks like some pony was flying a bit too low.” He chuckled.

This was Earthen Dome, a powerful user in earth enchanted Armor. With his gauntlet, he makes the rock rise into spires. Flash Sentry tackles Earthen, only to be brushed off by the thick armor. Flash growled a bit before flying straight up into the air, but was caught up by an earth spire. The chasing stone was sent to another direction by Flash’s kick.

The stone spires rise in a frenzy, attacking many ponies nearby. Flash did his best to keep him off his allies, but the stones continued their barrage.

“Dang it! I can’t get anywhere with this guy tailing me!” Flash complained.

“Unlucky day for you.” Earthen laughed. “Hopefully, your funeral tomorrow will go better!”


Grass Walker raced through the battlefield with grace. For every griffon he passes, they fell to the floor. He swung his blade swiftly, but almost lightly. The strange movements attracts many opponents, but no victor. As he slashed his way through, another griffon stops him with a mace.

“What kind of sorcery is this!?” they questioned.

“It’s not magic boy.” Grass told him. “Swift winds blow the blades of grass with ease. If you know the secret to how even the sharpest things can slice the greatest timber, you’ll find nothing you can’t slice among nature.”

“Well, what happens if I told you…” The griffon smiled as he pushed Grass back a few feet. “I’m the greatest force of nature there is?”

A swinging mace hits the ground, and a huge crack creates a hole that swallos many grounded equines. Grass swiftly dodges as the griffon puts the mace over his back.

“My talon swings like quakes! And my body’s like a mountain! Tell me Leaf cutter if you can slice stone!?”

“Mountains are part of nature.” Grass repeated. “Are you too hard headed to know that?”


The ponies breached through the main forces steadily. As the griffons begin to fall back, Puzzle cheered to the Transponder snails of the good news.

“You’re doing great! The main forces are falling back!” He told them.

“Just a little more…” Cadence muttered.

Suddenly, one of the Trojan Horses were pushed to the ground. The ponies were shocked and began to run away. Cadence and Puzzle Planner dropped their jaws as they watched their massive weapon get dropped by a single griffon. The griffon with red tribal feathers yelled, “Do not falter to these equines you fools!”

“General Materoy!” his subordinates yelled, quaking in fear.

“The Warrior’s Elixir is one of our greatest weapons! If you’re too weak to fight, then use it right now!”

The griffons nodded, and did as told. Soon, all kinds of griffons became faster, stronger, and deadlier. Hundereds of ponies were thrown up and about in the air. The airships of the ponies were shaking, and the Trojan Horses were backing up. The forces were taking down pony after pony, and the battle was getting to close to Cadence’s location.

“My ponies! Do not let them pass!” He told them. “We’ll be able to beat them if we-”

Suddenly, a cannonball was shot into the Main fleet, exploding and throwing Puzzle Planner to the ground. Cadence rushed to his side and brought him up.

“Are you alright?!” Cadence asked.

“S-Shoot…” He cursed. “They’re setting up cannons straight at us.”

“Take out those cannons!” Cadence told the transponder snails.

“Yes Princess!” They shouted back.

Puzzle got back on his feet and walked to the snails. “We can take them. Push the forces as much as you can. Airships, assist the ground troops by taking out cannons, and Trojan Horses, rally up on the Trojan Griffons. Commanders, keep the stronger griffons away from our vehicles, or this battle is lost.”

“Already done sir!” They responded.

Puzzle turned to Cadence and said, “Don’t worry Princess. We won’t let them take Shining. We will fight on, and bring him back alive!”

Cadence struggled to watch this go on. She wasn’t the kind of pony to be full of hate, and be able to use that energy to fight in a war. Here she was with so much bravado to fight, but now falters at the sight of blood and battle scars. She looks up ahead to see Shining also seeing the horror of it all.


Inside the cage, Shining watches as many of his comrades are fighting for his very life. His chains bound his hooves, and constrict him well. As Shining tries his best to remove the chains, another griffon in chains sits by him.

“Hello Captain Shining Armor.” He greets. “Awful day today, isn’t it?”

“What do you want?” Shining growled.

The griffon in chains walks around Shining and says, “You have a lot of friends out there, waiting to see your safe return.”

“What of it?”

“It’d be a shame if you died before they could reach you.”

Shining gulped as the griffon sighs and sits by the cage. “You and I both have ourselves in a predicament. Our hooves and talons are tied in this battle, and we can’t seem to do anything that will benefit our faction.”

Shining raised an eyebrow at the griffon, and said, “What are you talking about? Aren’t you on the…”

The griffon gave a small smile, making Shining’s eyes shrink. He leaves the stallion in the cage and says, “It seems the executers can’t be found. Such a pity…”

Shining looks out to the field once more as the war rages on. The ponies seem to falter a bit, especially with the Warrior’s Elixir powering the griffons up. Luckily, in the slim chances they had, the ponies stand their ground and manage to destroy two airships and three Trojan Griffons. But as they fall to the battlefield, many griffons and equines are thrown into the air and onto the ground. The casualties rise, and the injuries increase. Shining flinches at the sight. He can see his beloved from afar, disgusted with the actions that are taking place. It’s a sight to behold, and to avoid.


“We can’t get pass them!” The pony told Grass Walker.

“At this rate, we won’t be able to reach Shining at all.” He sighed. “We need to have some team up ahead!” Grass opened the Transponder snail and called the Main Airship. “Advisor Puzzle! Can we have a team advance through the griffons? We’re not getting anywhere!”

“What do you think we’re doing?” Puzzle stated. “The griffon forces are strong! So we need to hold our ground! If they pass our forces, the Main fleet will be their next target, and then there will be no escape even if we acquire Shining!”

“Dang! No squad can make it pass the griffons!?” Grass groaned. “Okay, then let’s…-”

Grass turned to the sky and saw something. Many commanders paused and saw something in the sky. Even the griffons stopped and saw the strange object.

Cadence and Puzzle Planner watched the skies to see hundreds of ponies and griffons falling down, right pass the Griffon forces.

Shining Armor watches closely at the spectacle. Hundreds of them fall over the griffon army, with an entire Airship with them.

Among the falling army, the screams and voices were heard.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

“This was a horrible idea!” Gilda shouted as she flew down to get Twilight.

“This is all your fault Twilight Sparkle!!” Trixie cried in tears. “Now we’re all gonna die!”

“This wasn’t my idea!” Twilight stated as she flailed in the air. “Luffy said we should break that cloud!”

“Does it matter!? We’re all gonnna die!” Luffy shouted.

“Every pony with wings! Grab any pony that can’t fly!” Gold commanded.

“Got it!” Rusher and Flare complied, doing as told.

“Ugh, so much for using that Airship.” Gilda’s mother complained.

As the sky army drew closer to the ground, the griffons and pegasus got a hold of a pony that was unable to fly. Twilight was unable to get caught by Gilda, as Trixie reserved herself to the griffon. Twilight was crying out until she was picked up by Luffy. The many ponies and griffons in the war, especially Cadence and Shining Armor were shocked.

“So that’s where you were…” Grass smirked.

“Commander Gold!?” Puzzle exclaimed.

“Twilight!?” Cadence yelped.

“TWILIGHT!!!” Shining screamed to his horror.

“Ah, it’s Straw Hat.” Kibishī Chain noted.

“Straw Hat.” Materoy spoke. “He’s been a thorn on our side for too long.”

As Twilight and Luffy dived down, Twilight yelled out to her brother, “Shining! I’m coming! We’re all coming for you!!!”

PreviousChapters Next