• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,306 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,306

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10 - Luffy Left? Bitter feelings are felt!

Author's Note:

This is the peaceful side to the chapter. Read the next chapter to see the action side of this chapter.

Applejack woke up and went downstairs to cook breakfast. Surprisingly, she didn't see Luffy on the couch. Did the fella wake up earlier than me? Applejack thought as she headed inside the kitchen. She found everything still in place. Nothing eaten, no mess, as if Luffy was never there. Assuming he was probably playing with Applebloom and minds nothing of it. Applejack cooks up a huge batch of pancakes like before. This time adding the apple cinnamon to make it taste sweeter. Finishing the chore, she rung the triangle and said, "Breakfast is done!"

As the household meets up at the dining table, Applejack counted everyone. Applebloom, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, and…?

"Uh… Has anypony seen Luffy?" Applejack asked.

The ponies exchanged looks and nodded. Luffy gone from breakfast? That actually seemed unnatural.

"Oh well… I guess?" Applejack said slowly as she placed the huge batch in front of the family. They stared at the staggering amount of food before them. "This'll be the first big meal we'll have in a while since Luffy came."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

Applebloom took a few and ate. "Mm! This is great Applejack!"

"Thanks sugar cube." Applejack replied. "I bet Luffy would have loved this."

"Where is that boy anyhow?" Granny wondered. "It ain't natural for him to turn down breakfast."

"Yeah… I'm curious too…" Applejack replied.


Applejack was walking around town and happened to spot Pinkie hopping by. She trotted to her and got her attention.

"Hey Pinkie!" Applejack called.

Pinkie turned and greeted back, "Hey AJ! What cha' doing?"

"Have you seen Luffy? I didn't see him this morning."

Pinkie's smile vanished as she said, "Oh no, did he leave already? Aw, I wanted to have some more fun with him."

"That's right" Applejack remembered. "He was planning to leave to go back to his crew, wasn't he?"

"That's too bad… You know, I never did make a welcoming party for him." Pinkie realized.

"Don't feel too bad Pinkie." Applejack told her. "Who knows? Maybe he'll come back."

But did he really leave? I was kinda getting used to the guy… Oh well, if he really left, then I guess that's that. Applejack said half heartedly. She did miss him even though he had a colorful personality. But she had no choice but to accept…

Or make sure. She then headed to the others to make sure.


Fluttershy was at home, outside with her many animal companions. She was apparently meditating in an attempt to further the skills of her Kenbunshoku Haki. Though Luffy told her to practice both of them, she couldn't find Luffy to aid her in training. Thus, she had no choice but to try and figure it out for herself.

Sensing the calm voices of her animals, she could also hear the hustle and bustle of Ponyville. Some cheerful, some not. After hatching into this newfound skill, Fluttershy began to receive rolling headaches due to the many sounds streaming by. She had to focus though. If she were to master Haoshoku Haki someday, she would have to put her heart and head into it.

However, soon she started to hear the most frightening screams ever. Her heart began to beat as they were loud and painful, then some stopped as if they were dead. Something was going on. Something terrifying and violent. Snapping out of it, she held her head, frightened of what she had just observed. Kenbunshoku Haki was not as she thought it would be, but what concerned her was what was going on just a few miles out of Ponyville.


"No, I haven't seen him." Rarity told Applejack.

"I see…" She replied. "Well, thanks anyways."

"Oh, before you go Applejack." Rarity remembered. "If you find him, can you please send him here?"

"Why would you want that?" Applejack asked.

"I happened to have made him a much better hat." Rarity informed her. "I'm sure Luffy would appreciate and treasure this hat much better than that old straw trinket."

"Rarity, in case you hadn't noticed, the boy got it from Shanks, who got it from Roger." Applejack reminded her. "I think the hat is more important than you think."

"Do you really think so?" Rarity replied. "Well, so much for the idea."

"I think I'm gonna head to Twilight to see if she's seen Luffy."

"Applejack, are you alright?" Rarity asked. "You're thinking too much about Luffy right now."

"Have you seen him Rarity? For all we know, he could be causing trouble without us even knowing about it." Applejack claimed. "Somepony's gotta watch out for him."

"I have a feeling you're seeing him as a little brother or something of the sort." Rarity thought.

"Maybe I am." Applejack smiled at the thought.

As Applejack heads on over to Golden Oaks Library, she happens to bump into the pony she was looking for. Twilight dropped her papers and books and quickly picked them up using her magic.

"Oh! Sorry Applejack!" Twilight apologized. "I didn't see where I was going."

"It's alright Twilight." She assured her. "I was actually looking for you. Have you seen Luffy?"

Twilight gave a confused look. "He isn't with you?"

"I didn't see him earlier today, so I thought for once he skipped breakfast. But then I found out that nopony has seen him at all today." She explained. "Pinkie says he might have left to meet up with his crew again."

"What? He left!?" She shouted rather disappointed of the news. "I wanted to know how he was able to do the stare."

"Well, I probably asked all of our friends except for Fluttershy and Rainbow." Applejack informed her. "But I haven't seen Rainbow at all today."

"You don't think they got into another fight like last time, do you?" Twilight wondered.

"They better not!" Applejack snapped. "If those two collide again, all of Ponyville would have been hearing a racket!"

"Well, we could ask Fluttershy I guess." Twilight thought. "Just to be sure."

In agreement, the two were pacing towards Fluttershy's cottage only to be stopped by the gathering of ponies. They turned to see Mayor Mare giving out some news. Many of them were shouting questions of the sort.

"What do you mean Straw Hat just left!?"

"What's so great about the Griffon Kingdom!?"

"This just doesn't make any sense!"

Twilight and Applejack moved to the front of the crowd seeing Pinkie and Rarity as well. Mayor Mare was trying her best to give the news one more time.

"As I said, Luffy has just moved out of Ponyville to move into the Griffon Kingdom. I'm unaware of why, but that's the news I had received from the messenger of the kingdom."

The girls were stunned. Applejack wasn't too happy about it either. Though a tad suspicious, they were saddened.

"Luffy… Left?" Applejack muttered.


Fluttershy could not turn the voices off. More and more kept on going silent which made her fear even more. Whatever was going on, it was a nightmare. Soon, it reached the point where only two were heard, only faintly. They were trying to get to somewhere, but the destination was unknown. Listening to them for about an hour or two, she found out where the path was leading to.

Along the way, Twilight and the others arrived with some unfortunate news to Fluttershy. As they arrived, they saw her crying nearby her animals.

"Fluttershy!" They yelled, going to her aid.

She snapped out of her trance and looked out to the distance. She knows where they are.

"Fluttershy! Are you alright?" Rarity asked.

"They need help…!" Fluttershy muttered.

"What was that? Who needs help?" Rarity asked. Fluttershy began to run out into the distance. "Fluttershy!"

"Something's wrong." Twilight realized. "We better follow her."

The ponies ran chasing Fluttershy. She was leading them pretty far, from the outskirts of town to Birch Wood Forest. As Fluttershy went in, her friends began to worry.

"Fluttershy! What's wrong?" Applejack questioned.

"Somepony is here and they need help!" She told them. She stopped to use her abilities once more to find out where they are. He friends stared at her, worried for her well being.

"Fluttershy, are you alright?" Twilight asked.

She didn't answer as she headed deeper in. They only followed her and soon found out what they were talking about. Luffy was carrying Rainbow on her back, and both were covered in cuts, scars, and bruises. He collapsed to the ground after seeing them.

"LUFFY! RAINBOW!"

PreviousChapters Next