• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,290 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,290

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2 - Introducing the Devil Fruits

The eyes of Luffy and Rainbow locked into combat. Fluttershy who was behind Rainbow, tried to get them both to stop. It was too late as Rainbow rushed in head first. Luffy, now focused onto battle simply moved slightly to the right, dodging Rainbow easily. Rainbow stopped and turned around in an attempt to hit him from behind, but oddly enough, Luffy evaded the attack as simple as he did before. Rainbow stopped and landed on the floor.

What's with this guy!? Rainbow thought. It's almost as if he's reading my mind!

That wasn't the end of it. Luffy then pulled back his hoof and it began to stretch, surprising Rainbow and Fluttershy.

"Gomu Gomu no…"

Rainbow flew up to the sky before Luffy used his attack.

"Pistol!"

The blow went to a tree, and tore down a patch of the forest. Rainbow was stunned at the sheer power Luffy had brought with that one attack.

I gotta be careful around this guy. If he hits me with one of those blows, then I'm done for! Rainbow realized. She then tried to fly around in order to heighten her chances to avoid his attacks. Luffy attempted to use another move to get her.

"Gomu Gomu no Gatling Gun!"

The array of hooves were sent to the sky, giving Rainbow a hard time to fight back. She had no choice but to fly higher in order to get away from his strange techniques until she can think it out. It was useless however as Luffy was determined to bring her down, and used an even more powerful skill. He threw his hoof out and pumps of blood then caused steam to emulate.

"Gear second"

Fluttershy wasn't sure what she saw. Not even Rainbow was prepared as Luffy at one moment had on a shiny coat with steam coming out, and then suddenly, he disappeared. Rainbow looked around to see where he went, but found out too late as Luffy was literally right above her. There, he pulled back his two hooves.

"Gomu Gomu no Jet Bazooka!"

The impact shot Rainbow straight down, letting her crash to the ground. Rainbow was tired, but managed to get up and continue to fight. Luffy wasn't finished either. As he went down, Luffy was about to bite his hoof until…

"STOP!" Fluttershy said as she got in between Rainbow and Luffy. "I-If you don't mind…" Luffy hesitated and landed away from the two pegasus.

"Why'd you stop me!?" Luffy questioned.

"You can't hurt her." Fluttershy stated. "She's my friend."

Rainbow glared at Luffy while he simply stared at the two of them and said, "Oh, why didn't you say so earlier?"

"You know this guy!?" Rainbow questioned Fluttershy.

"W-Well… It turns out I found his hat. He really appreciated it, and uh…" She paused to see Luffy just blankly staring at them. "He doesn't seem like a bad pony."

"Not a bad pony!?" Rainbow scoffed. "He attacked me!"

"Well, you attack him first."

Rainbow was a bit taken back and tried to counter it. Sadly not much came to mind. "Um… well…"

"Hey, do you know where to get some food?" Luffy asked.

Fluttershy held her chin in thought and said, "Oh! We can go to-" She stopped however as Rainbow covered her mouth.

"Will you excuse us for a second?" Rainbow said before bringing Fluttershy away from the red pony. After getting some space, Rainbow complained. "Are you crazy!? We can't let that freak go to Ponyville! He'll tear up the place!"

"But Rainbow…" Fluttershy began. "He's a pony like us, and all he's asking is for something to eat."

Rainbow groaned, but regretfully agreed. He was a pony like them, so he should be treated just as equally. "Alright, fine. But let's meet up with the others first before we let this guy ravage through town."

Fluttershy smiled as she trotted over to Luffy and said, "Don't worry mister. We can help, but we need to come get our other friends just before we find some food."

Luffy grinned widely as he said, "Alright then!"

"I don't trust this guy." Rainbow said.

"Oh! That reminds me! What's your name?" Fluttershy asked.

Luffy smiled and said, "I'm Monkey D. Luffy, and I'm gonna be king of the pirates!"


As Twilight and the others reached Zecora's, they took a moment to rest.

"Well, that took longer than I remembered." Twilight stated. "Is everypony here?"

After a roll call, they see a problem. Two actually. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy was missing from the group. The four of them became frightened after realizing their pegasus companions are gone.

"Where in tarnation did those two go?" Applejack wondered. "I bet Rainbow went to check something out without us."

"We better go look for them." Twilight suggested.

"But we just got here!" Rarity reasoned. "If anything, Rainbow and Fluttershy will probably come here anyhow. We could miss them if we leave now."

"What do you think we should do?" Pinkie asked Twilight.

She held her chin in thought and said, "Well… Rainbow is pretty independent, and she can also watch over Fluttershy… I don't know, it still seems pretty risky."

"We should at least see Zecora and see if she's seen anything strange." Rarity stated.

"Good point. Let's just drop by real quick, and then look for the others." Twilight concluded.

As the four went up to the door, followed by a knock, they awaited for Zecora to open the door. As she did, she gave them a warm smile followed by a greeting of rhymes.

"Hello my friends, what are you doing here by ten?"

"Sorry to bother you Zecora, but an object came flying through town and into the forest just recently." Twilight explained. "Did you happen to notice anything strange?"

Zecora showed them inside and replied, "something indeed strange, for our world is going in a slight change."

The four were shown something truly otherworldly. Before them is a fruit with many swirls placed on her desk inside a glass box.

"What is that?" Twilight wondered.

"It looks tasty!" Pinkie said while drooling.

"I would appreciate it if you do not even take a bite, for this is rarer than diamond of white." Zecora claimed.

"Really?" Rarity wondered. "Where did you find this?"

"Deep in the forest, where none would venture, not even tourist." Zecora chuckled on the last part.

"Never seen anything like it…" Applejack spoke. "It doesn't look like any fruit I've ever seen before."

"Other than this, did you happen to notice anything else strange? Maybe around a few hours or so?" Twilight wondered.

Zecora frowned and said, "I'm sorry, but no. I found this days ago. I haven't seen anything new around these hours of few."

"Well, I guess all we have left to do is look for Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy." Applejack suggested. However, the idea was shot down as a knock on the door followed by the two fore mentioned pegasus entering the room along with Luffy.

"Rainbow! Fluttershy! There you are! Where were you?" Twilight questioned before noticing Luffy as well. "And who's that?"

"Whoa! A purple pony with a horn!" Luffy pointed out as he poked at Twilight's horn. "It's so pointy!"

Twilight brushed off Luffy's hoof much to her annoyance. "Stop that."

"Um… This is Monkey D. Luffy." Fluttershy informed the others. "I found him lost in the forest."

"Uh huh…" Twilight nodded understanding the gist of it. "It's nice to see that you're helping others Fluttershy."

"Whoa! I never saw ponies like you before!" Luffy said as he examined Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack and Zecora. "A pink pony, a cowboy pony, curly hair pony, and a striped pony!"

"Zecora is a zebra." Twilight said in a deadpan voice.

"Um… Anyways…" Fluttershy spoke, getting back on the subject. "I wanted to mention that Luffy is uh… different."

"What do you mean by, different?" Rarity asked.

Rainbow flew up to the others and whispered, "He's a freak! He was able to stretch his hooves and do all this weird stuff!"

The mares just stared blankly at Rainbow. They turned to Luffy for one moment to see him picking his nose, then back to Rainbow simply laughing at her statement. Rainbow wasn't amused.

"What's so funny!?" Rainbow questioned.

"Well, first of all, he's an earth pony." Applejack pointed out. "The craziest he can get is to Pinkie's level."

"And without any magic, he wouldn't be able to stretch or do anything else special." Twilight added.

"I-It's true…" Fluttershy cuts in. "I saw him do it. It was… the strangest thing I ever saw."

They all stared at Luffy who began to wander the room. The mares weren't convinced, but did see how Luffy took a familiar glance at the fruit in the display case. Zecora then became interested. "Do you know what lies before you? Do you know what it is I have accrue?"

"Isn't that a devil fruit?" Luffy wondered.

Everyone was taken back to see Luffy had knowledge of this fruit before him. Even Twilight was impressed that an idiotic pony like Luffy knew what it is.

"How do you know that?" Twilight questioned.

"Oh, I ate one before." Luffy claimed as he stretched his lip. "I ate the gomu gomu fruit and became a rubber… pony."

Right when Luffy stretched his lip, everyone's jaw dropped.

PreviousChapters Next