• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 858 Views, 51 Comments

Getting to Know you - PlayBitz



While learning to understand what makes you special, its crutial to take time for yourself. You never know who you may run into that can change your life forever.

  • ...
3
 51
 858

Lovers Embrace

Author's Note:

This is a piece from the future part of Getting to Know You. Its been sitting for a long while and I feel like I have to share this. This could end up getting rewritten for better continuity later on but while y'all are waiting, I wanted to share this piece.

Also is the artwork inspired from it as well as the song that inspired the story piece as well as becoming part of our wedding song.

The night was slowly coming to an end. It was a bit hectic but after meeting everyone it was amazing to finally get a chance to be alone with nothing more than just the two of them together.

Bitz was deep in thought as he and Bliss were walking together through the parks pathway when a little splash of a water droplet brought Bitz back to reality to look up. He saw the sky had gone a little grey when he looked back to his right to see a very contented Bliss nuzzled up against him, eyes closed slowly walking alongside him. The droplets started to grow into a sprinkling of rain on the two when Bitz nudged Bliss with his wing.

“Hey.” He looked up. “its starting to rain, but you know I can’t help but to feel like its soothing.”

Bliss looked up at him, a little puzzled but when he moved around to face her she was a little confused until she saw that smile on his face that seemed to make her feel at ease.

“The rain is soothing. But you know what? I think its more soothing just being here with you.” Bliss emphasized as she took a few steps closer to Bitz to nuzzle his neck.

Bitz took a few short steps closer to Bliss and took a deep breath. Bitz was thinking of all sorts of ways to say what was on his mind to Bliss, but from all the creative and complex ways he could think of doing it, he simply let it flow.

“Bliss?”

Bitz’s voice brought Bliss from her quiet soothing nuzzle, the rhythmic heartbeat replaced by Bitz’s voice.

“Hmm, yes?”

“I . . . you and I are best friends you could say right? Like I mean, we’ve been through quite a bit together and from whats happened recently, our friendship has grown to something… bigger.”

Bliss moved back a bit to look up at Bitz as he continued but nodding to him.

“I know that we’re still trying to find our place and all but something is telling me that everything is going to be alright.”

Bliss continued to listen but something deep inside of her started to spark as key words started resonating inside her head.

“Bitz, I think that everything happens for a reason and that no matter what happens, if you’re with me, everything’s alright.”

The small sprinkle started picking up gently to a little rain shower while the two continued. Bitz moved back gently and lowered his head to Bliss as she finished and gently kissed her on her lips. Bliss was caught a little off guard but then closed her eyes and tilted her head to deepen the kiss.

Bitz moved his head back to break the kiss and he put his muzzle to hers when he spoke.

“I love you, Siren Bliss.”

With those five words, the world seemed to not matter any longer. The only one that mattered was the stallion standing before her as she reclosed her eyes and nuzzled against his chin with a slight gasp.

“And I love you too, so very very much.”

Hearing those words, Bitz no longer cared that the rain was getting him and surely Bliss wetter than they wanted to be. He no longer cared, in fact, an unseen force was making his body move as if to a slow waltz getting Bliss to follow. The two lovers alone in the park, standing on a small pathway with the rain as the only sound while the two moved together in a dance.

Bitz stopped dancing making Bliss to look up from her contented yet wet embrace.

“Sweetie, can you rear up and hold onto my shoulders?”

Bliss nodded and after doing what Bitz instructed, he held her close as he stretched out his wings. He then started up their dance again while embracing her within his wings.

Feeling wrapped up by Bitz, Bliss felt like she was being protected inside of a cocoon of warmth and love. By the stallion she loved more than she knew how to express. Suddenly, the little spark inside of her head felt like it linked with her heart and exploded into something she could no longer contain. But it came out softly and lovingly:

“Short steps, deep breath
Everything is alright
Chin up, I can't
Step into the spotlight
She said, "I'm sad,"
Somehow without any words
I just stood there
Searching for an answer

When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down
They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright”

Playbitz moved his wings and gave a mighty push up, lifting the two gently into the air. Bliss still holding on opened her eyes after her little song and quickly closed them again. She was never one for heights yet alone flying but she trusted Bitz with all of her heart.


Comments ( 1 )

Awwww.....*swoons*

I seriously love this story!

Login or register to comment