• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 1,008 Views, 5 Comments

Touch of Darkness - The Red Chronicler



Dark forces plan on releasing their influence onto the world of Equestria. What are these dark beings and what is their goal. And why would it involve Tirek, Sombra or Luna/Nighmare moon. Only those whom have that knowledge will tell.

  • ...
3
 5
 1,008

Part 3

Touch of Darkness Part 3

Lord Darkus and Dark Chronos appeared in the throne room at the castle of the twin sisters, back when it was pristine and before it came to ruin.

“So, how do we get Luna?” Dark Chronos inquired knowing full well what they were about to do.

Lord Darkus laughed, “We will head for the throne room and wait for her to arrive. She and her sister are both aware of our presence, but do not know what we are. It is day time so we will not have any immediate problems involving Celestia, though I would love to see her turn into her more enraged form.”

Dark Chronos raised an eyebrow, “You mean when she becomes what some have called ‘Solar Flare?’ I wonder what would be enough to make her turn into that form.”

“I would presume that she will be enraged once she finds out that someone had corrupted her sister. And therefore try and destroy them, or in this case us,” Lord Darkus said with a malicious smile.
The two then moved

They became silent as they heard the sound of hooves approaching. And by the sound of them, it could only be either Princess Luna or Celestia.

“Who dares trespass into our castle and disturb my rest.” Said a female voice whom Lord Darkus could tell was Princess Luna.

Both Lord Darkus and Dark Chronos approached the lunar princess. When they came into view, Luna noticed something off about the two individuals and realizes that she shouldn’t have come alone. Lord Darkus sees the fear in her soul. “It would seem that you now realize who you’re dealing with,” he said, “And now you find yourself cornered. It would appear that your sister won’t be able to save you from me.”

Luna took several paces back. “You don’t scare us. Our sister will come and destroy you.” Only then does she realize that the one she was talking to did not have any features aside from the other being beside him.

“You’ve noticed that I don’t have any facial features like him. That is because I am Lord Darkus, the eternal lord of darkness and master of the realm of eternal shadows. And you are going to play a role in my plan to cover everything in darkness.”

“We will never help you demon.” With that statement Luna sent a bolt of magic at the dark lord only to find it redirected to a black sphere held by the other individual. Shocked and bewildered, Luna nervously asks, “Wh… What sort of magic is that?”

Smiling coldly Lord Darkus said, “That is only a fraction of the powers that my servants are capable of using.” Lifting up his hand he summoned a black sphere which pulsed with dark magic.

“W What are you doing with that?” Luna nervously asks while continuing to back away from the dark being, only to bump into something. As she turned around she found that the other individual was standing right behind her. How has he gotten behind us, Luna thought as she tried to get away only to be held in place by the creatures arms.

“Good work Dark Chronos, now we shall begin.” Luna looked in horror as the dark being came closer to her with his hand holding the sphere extended. All she could do was scream as the dark object came closer until it had touched her horn.


Elsewhere in the castle

Princess Celestia was in a middle of a meeting when she heard her sister’s screams. “I apologize, I must go, something has happened to my younger sister.” With that she ran to the throne room where she had heard her sister’s screams come from. Once she entered the throne room she had found Luna standing at the thrones. She also noticed something was off about her sister. “Luna, are you okay?”

“Why have you come here?” Luna asked with a hint of hostility.

“Wha… Luna what has gotten into you?” Celestia said, realizing that something was off about her sister. Not only that, but she also felt a dark presence that she hadn’t noticed before until now.


Lord Darkus and Dark Chronos watched the events unfold while standing in the darkened part of the room by the pillars.

“It would seem that Celestia has finally realized we’re here but it’s already too late.” Lord Darkus said with a dark smile.

They watched as Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon and blast a hole in the ceiling, latter chasing Celestia as she flies out through the hole. A while later they see Celestia fall through and land on the ground, only to get back up.

“Sorry sister but you leave me with no choice,” she said. And Lord Darkus and Dark Chronos watched as the floor opened up to reveal the construct holding the Elements of Harmony.

“So that’s what the Elements of Harmony looked like before they came into possession of the Mane Six,” Dark Chronos said as Celestia flew off with the elements in tow.

Soon they heard a loud boom and then silence. “Our job is done,” Lord Darkus said. But before they could leave an angry Celestia flew back into the room and glared in the direction of the two.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SISTER!?!” Celestia screamed in the royal Canterlot voice.

“What’s the matter,” Lord Darkus coldly replied with a smile, “Are you mad that your sister has become a monster and found out that I was the one who did it.”

Celestia glared at him, “You have corrupted my sister and now you’re going to pay.” Using the Element of Harmony, Celestia sent a blast at the two, only to watch as one turn into a dark cloud and dodge the blast while the other just stood there with a smug look on his face. Once the light died out Celestia noticed the one she hit was no longer there but still felt his presence. Turning around she found him standing at the doorway of the throne room with the other one beside him.

“The Elements of Harmony will not work on me,” Lord Darkus proclaimed, “Not without the aid of Lord Elemental.” With that he gave Celestia a dark smile one last time before he and Dark Chonos both disappeared in a blaze of black flames.




Deep in the dungeons of the castle

Lord Darkus and Dark Chonos reappeared in a darkened corridor within the underground sections of the castle.

“Why are we down here?” Dark Chronos asked while looking at the various decorations in the corridor.

“Don’t assume that corrupting those three was the only thing that I have done.”

They both watched as a dark robed unicorn approached them. “My lord, we have been expecting you.”

“So this is what you have done.” Dark Chronos said as they followed the unicorn to a portion of the castle to a dead end.

“We have arrived at the secret entrance,” the unicorn said.
Using his magic, the unicorn opened up the doorway into a hidden chamber. Going in the doorway closed behind them.

“My lord, we are the cult of shadows. And we have been eagerly awaiting your arrival since your meeting with our ancestors before the days of Lord Sombra. Have you come to finally cover this place in you wonderful darkness? Has your servant succeeded in her task?” The pony asked.

“No, she is merely a pawn for a much greater plan. The time of darkness will not come until the return of Tirek. And by that time we should already be prepared.”

The three turned as more robed ponies came into the chamber from another entrance way. “So what do you want us to do?” One of them asked.

“Continue with your tasks,” Lord Darkus replied.

A blaze of black flame revealing a slender woman with long black finger nails and long dark hair kneeled before Lord Darkus.

“Ah Clawma, what news do you bring me.”

Clawma stood up and said, “Lord Darkus, it would appear that the universe that you have created has a Silver Scorpion in it from the Halo universe that you had merged.”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?” Lord Darkus roared, causing all but four of the cultists to run out through the entry way.

Realizing that this was not the best of news she has given, Clawma continued, “It would appear that this one does not possess SilverBane nor is there any sign that the sword exists in that universe.

Rage subsiding Lord Darkus tells Clawma, “Is there anything else to report.”

Clawma quickly replies, “Yes, the one known as Silver Hooves has been found in that universe and is living in Ponyville. He also doesn’t possess the sword but we have confirmed where it is hidden.”

Lord Darkus smiled, “Very good, we won’t need to worry about him for the time being. I want BladeEdge to go to that universe to eliminate him should the time come.”

“What about Anex?” Clawma asked, thinking the shadow spear warlord was going to be given another task.

“He will deal with this Silver Scorpion should he appear on this world.”

Turning to the four ponies still standing there Lord Darkus exclaimed, “It would appear that you four have proven yourselves worthy to receive my gift.

The four gave confused looks and one of them asked, “You mean the gift that you have given to the three individuals you has chosen?”

“No, what I have given them is nothing more than shadow seeds. With those seeds, they are nothing more than batteries to be used to help me gain enough power to break open the shadow gates from this side.” Looking at the four ponies Lord Darkus continued, “This gift will make you as my servants, the Shadows. However, once I do this we will face against your Light counterparts. Do you accept this gift?”

Looking at each other they nodded, “We would be honored to join the Shadows.”

Lord Darkus smiled, “Now, remove your robes as you will not need them for this.” They dutifully obeyed, revealing themselves as two earth pony stallions, a pegasus stallion, and a unicorn mare. Lord Darkus extended his arm out and chanted a spell in a seemingly ancient language that, to the ponies, dates back even before the royal sisters came to Equetria. Dark tendrils flowed from his fingers and into the three ponies through the eyes, nose, ears and mouth until their manes turned black, their coat a dark shade of brown, and the whites of their eyes turned black and their eye color bright yellow.

“Now you have become Shadows.” Lord Darkus said to the four as they knelt before him. “And now you are to watch over this cult until the day that my plan comes to action.” With that Lord Darkus, Dark Chronos, and Clawma disappeared leaving the four ponies in the chamber.

“We have been given a task. Let’s be sure not to fail him.”

They departed to lead their parts of the cult should the need arise that they are to help in the return of their dark master.

Author's Note:

And now the final chapter is finally finished now that I've gotten off my lazy butt and get to typing this. Once again I apologize for any errors I had made. As to what is going to happen in future stories is for me to know and for you to find out. I hope some of you enjoyed reading this fic as I'm going to work on some more. If there is any questions pertaining to any of the characters that I have made, let me know.

Comments ( 4 )

Interesting. Only noticeable problem is the constant use of, "it would seem". Very mysterious and secretive but very promising. Keep up the good work.

4964685 Thanks. And I don't intend on revealing too much, but I will tell you that this will only lead to what happens in 'The Cobalt ODST' and the next story that will come after.

Is this also a Halo crossover?


7219044 In a way yes. It leads up to the events that occur on the first chapter of 'The Cobalt ODST' in which the main character somehow finds himself in Equestria. I've done a few chapters on it so give it a read if you're interested.

Login or register to comment