• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 231 Views, 0 Comments

Hello Again - Flaring Dawn



40 years have passed since the events of 3 Years coping with a broken heart and storm has lost yet another love. Now alone he must now cope with both losses.

  • ...
 0
 231

Epilogue: Words from the Stars

A cold winter wind blew through the streets of Ponyville. A stallion clad in Royal armor walked up to the creaky gates of the Yard of Heroes. He smiled softly as he opened the gate and entered;a small filly following his every step. She giggled and danced around the stallion as he picked her up and smiled.

"Now,now Sunrise...We are going to visit a very special pony today...You must be on your very best behavior..." The filly nodded and hugged close to him for warmth. The stallion snuggled her close to keep her warm as they continued to walk towards a gravestone. The little filly gave a confused look as the stallion sat down by the grave and took off his helmet. Sunrise jumped on the stallions lap and looked up at the towering statue that read Here lies Stormdrift. Famed for his loyalty to his friends and family. Missed by all now dancing in the stars above.

"Big brother Star... who was this pony??" Stargazer looked down at his little sister and smiled warmly as he hugged her close. She giggled warmly and nuzzled into his chest as Stargazer sighed. A tear fell on Sunrises nose. She looked up at her big brother and frowned. She wiped the tears from his eyes and hugged him. He hugged her back and smiled warmly.

"He was many things...Brave,bold,loving....but most of all he was...our father." Sunrise gave an innocent giggle and looked to the grave. "So this was daddy!! Hi daddy!!!~" Stargazer chuckled and held her close to him. Sunrise laid back and looked up at Stargazer with her big blue eyes and spoke.

"What was daddy like?" The question made more tears fall from Star's eyes as he spoke. "He was...The best dad I could of asked for...He loved us with all of his being and wasn't afraid to protect us from all that would harm us...He was funny as well...He was even a Wonderbolt!!" This made Sunrise's eyes light up.

"A WONDERBOLT!!!~" Stargazer nodded and then continued. "Yes..He was the best flyer there... He worked for the Princesses as a guard...even was a bodyguard to a lot of royal blood. Even with that schedule he had time for us kids...He never made excuses and he never took a day off from giving us a life worth living...He was..the most amazing pony ever..." Stargazer began to tear up and held his sister close. Sunrise smiled and hugged him close.

"Hey cheer up big brother!! Would daddy want to see you sad?" Stargazer gave a chuckle and picked her up and held her close as he noogied her softly;causing the small filly to giggle softly. Stargazer stood up and set her on his back. The filly yawned as she snuggled into his mane and began to fall asleep.

"Goodnight daddy....I love you...Sweet dreams." Sunrise fell asleep leaving Stargazer alone with his thoughts. Star covered Sunrise up and laid her next to him as he sat by the grave. He smiled weakly and placed a hoof on the cold stone of the monument. Tears began to fall as he spoke.

"Isn't she beautiful dad? She's a rescue...I saved her like you would of...She has a strong heart like you." Stargazer rested his head on the grave and began to choke up as he continued.

"I made it to the Royal Guard...just like you said I would...Thank you for believing in me....The orphanage is doing well Sky Seeker is seeing to that...Gotta say he is as stubborn as you are when it comes to that place..." Sunrise began to shiver and cuddled closer to Stargazer. He held her close and sighed;tears falling from his eyes as he continued to speak.

"I miss you everyday...I cry myself to sleep at night wishing you were here.... I miss all those times we spent together and I cherish them all. You were the one pony to really get me...Like father like son they always say right dad?" Stargazer wiped the tears from his eyes and reached into his bag and pulled out a large picture frame with Him,storm and the rest of the family smiling and having a good time. The sight of his dad's smiling face brought tears t the young stallion's eyes as he sat it by the grave and cried.

"I always see you in my dreams dad...every night you are there telling me it will be okay... Telling me that I have nothing to be sad about...You tell me that you will always be there for me... I know you will is what I say and right before I can embrace you I wake up..." Star looked at his sleeping sister and smiled.

"It's funny how this world works..How this life works.. So many lives come and go leaving behind a legacy all their own... One legacy I will never forget is yours dad... I love you so much...Remember that..." Star stood up and set Sunrise on his back. He saluted the grave and spoke once more.

"It was an honor being your son...Goodbye my father,my friend,and my guardian...I will see you again soon... Be at ease.." He then turned to walk out of the cemetery; He was stopped by a feeling of warmth. Star turned to face the grave and gave a weird look. There sitting on the grave was a purple rose. Stargazer smiled as a vision of his father appeared and smiled. It then spoke

Goodbye my son...I am proud of you...Take care of them..." It then vanished leaving Star smiling warmly as he left the cemetery; memories of his life then and now playing through his mind. All the while he was singing quietly to himself the same song heard so many times before.Rest your head upon the clouds...No more worries no more frowns...

Author's Note:

This story is dedicated to the memory of:
Joel W Morse. A loving father and amazing friend. May he rest in peace. Rock on Joel. I love you.
Alan Bailey. Who treated me like his own son and who was always there for me when I needed him. May his soul be in peace with god. Goodbye my friend but not for long.
The Along came a broken heart series is also dedicated to those who are suffering with the loss of a family member. Remember they may not be with you in person... But they will always be in your heart. Goodbye is not forever...

~~~THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!~~~

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment