• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 231 Views, 0 Comments

Hello Again - Flaring Dawn



40 years have passed since the events of 3 Years coping with a broken heart and storm has lost yet another love. Now alone he must now cope with both losses.

  • ...
 0
 231

Answers

I glared at Mystic with fire in my eyes. Nerith was dead. I knew he was dead so how could he be here? And why in the hell would he want to help me? Mystic backed away a bit as I advanced on her. I slammed my hoof on the ground and fell.

"I would rather die then have help from that trash!!" The words fell out of my mouth like venom. She looked at me with a sorrowful look in her eyes. She sighed and opened my door. I looked at her and got up from the ground and entered my home. What I saw sitting in my chair chilled me to the bone.

"Nerith... No impossible!!" Nerith chuckled and stood up. I lost it and charged him and tackled him to the ground; anger plastered to my face as I grab him by his throat. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!!!!" Nerith growled and threw me off of him. I crashed into the door frame with a thud. I gasped as the air was knocked from my lungs. Nerith looked at me and scoffed.

"Hello to you too Storm... I see you haven't changed. How long has it been now?" He gave a grin as he stood above me. I growled a low and guttural growl. Mystic sighed and used her magic to separate us. She sat me down on the couch and sat Nerith down on the chair. She glared at both of us as she spoke.

"Honestly boys I thought you would be more grown up about this..." I Glared at her and stood up from the couch. I looked down at the ground and swore at myself. I looked to Nerith and fought the urge to kill him where he sat. I spoke directly to him.

"What do you think you can help me with Nerith? The nightmares? Most of them are caused BY you!! Every waking moment of my sleep is tainted by your presence!!" Tears began to fall from my eyes as I spoke to him. " All this time and now you decide to show your god damn face to me?! WHY!!! Can't I have a normal life!!? Or is that too much to ask for!!?" Nerith looked to the ground and sighed; knowing I was right. He walked over to me and looked me dead in the eyes. What he said shut me up.

"Are you sure it is me that is haunting your dreams Storm? Or is it your own conscience showing your true fear." I froze as the words escaped his mouth. I looked to the ground and chuckled. "What do I have left to fear... You made my fear a reality... My family is dead..." Nerith shook his head and placed a hoof on my head. What I saw terrified me. I saw my name on a tombstone, I saw my children surrounding it crying their eyes out. I saw my death. Nerith removed his hoof and gave a smile.

"I know Storm... It is a lot to take in all at once isn't it?" I glared at him; tears falling from my eyes. I hated to admit it but he was onto something with this. I just didn't want to believe him was all. The only reason I didn't kill Nerith right then and there was Mystic speaking up.

"Storm... Do you know what that means for you?" Mystic said with a small frown on her face. I looked to the ground and sighed. The fear was replaced with sorrow and hatred for Nerith. I looked at them and shook my head. I pointed to My families picture before I began to speak.

" It means that they will be without a father right? That I am going to die right? How is that possible for you to know?" I glared at Nerith as i continued. "You took everything from me Nerith so you have no right to say you know me... Or you don't have say on when I am to pass on... So why?" Nerith sighed and walked over to me. He placed a hoof on my shoulder and I instantly Growled at him only to be silenced by a glare from Mystic. Nerith looked into my eyes and spoke.

"Look I know you don't care to believe me Storm but I have seen it. You have seen it as well." He gave a small sigh as he continued. "You're death will come... Just as everyone's will at some point. we all die and there is nothing we can do against death's iron grip. I will leave you to ponder." He goes to leave but pauses outside the door as I yell to him.

"Then how are you here Nerith... I killed you..." He chuckled and turned around. "you saw what you wanted to see storm. All you killed was a changeling nothing more." I turn to Mystic and give a small smile. "Seems to be a pattern huh?" She laughed and walked out with Nerith. Nerith turned to me and frowned. I noticed a tear in his eye. "Storm... I know we hate each other and I know we may never really see a day when we can be friends but know this. I am truely sorry for taking your life from you... Not a day has gone by that I don't regret what I have done to you... Have a nice day Storm." With that he was gone; dissolved in a puff of wispy smoke. The only two left in the room were me and Mystic. I looked at her and frowned.

"Why after all this time did he decide to help me Mystic?" Mystic gave a sigh and walked over to me; placing a hoof around me. I begin to tear up and hug her. I felt like a colt again bawling into my mothers chest. I Didn't want to see him.. But for some reason he also apologized to me. Mystic Sighed and hugged me back.

"Storm he is truly upset that he did this to you. His life isn't the best right now. He has four days to live Storm..." My eyes shoot open and I give Mystic a bit of a glare. "And this was kept from me why? I mean I hate the guy but why was this kept from me!!?" Mystic smiled weakly as she released the hug. "Because he didn't want any unnecessary tears. He knew you would feel bad for him Storm. He didn't want that at all." I looked to the ground and tears began to stain the ground.

"I-I see... I got to go..." I then leave Mystic inside of my house and walk towards the cemetery. When I entered I saw Nerith standing by my parents grave. I sighed and walked towards him. I sat next to him and looked up. Before i could speak Nerith spoke up.

"your mother was very beautiful..." I looked at the picture I had placed on the grave. I smiled. "Yeah... I know... A lot of stallions wanted her you know. Mostly for sex but nonetheless." Nerith chuckled and looked down. His eyes had a sad feel to them as I looked into them. He spoke again.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I was forced to kill them?" Storm chuckled and looked to the ground. "Honestly Nerith... No..." Nerith gives a humble chuckle and places a hoof around my back. I just laugh with him and we both look at the grave. I looked back to him and sighed.

"I forgive you Nerith... For everything. I know that You didn't want to hurt my family..." He puts a hoof up and frowns. "I don't need your forgiveness my friend..." He looks to the graves and smiles a bit. Something inside of me told me he was truly sorry for what he did. It killed me to think that he was going to die. I looked to him and began to talk.

"So uh.... Four days huh?" I flinched a bit knowing that it was a touchy subject for him. He simply smiled and looked to me with tears. For the first time in thirty years Nerith was crying. Something I thought was not possible. He wiped the tears away and then spoke.

"Yeah... four days... All those years are catching up to me my friend. The one and only thing I wanted to do is make amends for my cruelty. I also wanted redemption for all the lives I have destroyed... Especially yours Storm... To take a young colt's family from him... Unforgivable..." A tear fell from his eye as he continued to speak.

"I have caused so much pain... Now the world is getting back at me... Funny huh? I always thought I would meet my end by your hooves." I chuckled and looked to him; jokingly putting my hooves up in a fighting position. "Hey there is still time..." He shoved me to the ground and smiled. "As if you would have a chance my friend... Storm I have to go now... Be with my family and all that jazz... Look... take care alright?" I nodded and stood up. Without warning he hugged me. "Take care of them will you? My family..." I simply nodded and hugged him back.

"I promise... I will take care of them for you..." Nerith smiled and then vanished into a puff of smoke. I was standing alone by my mom's grave. I began to walk out when I heard a voice. "Huh? Who is there?" I turn to see a shadow waving me further into the cemetery. I gave a weird look and followed it. after following it for a long time it began to take the form of someone. Who i saw made me tear up.

"M-Mom....?" I walk over to her and look at what she was leading me to. It was an empty grave. I gave a weird look and before I could ask about it she spoke. "See you soon my son." Then she wisped away. I ran out of the cemetery with a little fear in my heart. How could i die? How could I leave my children without a father? Well if I was looking for answers..... I got them.