• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 231 Views, 0 Comments

Hello Again - Flaring Dawn



40 years have passed since the events of 3 Years coping with a broken heart and storm has lost yet another love. Now alone he must now cope with both losses.

  • ...
 0
 231

Chapter 2: A lesson of life

I awake to a knock at my door. I look at the clock on the wall and groan. I get out of bed and walk towards the door. I open the door and yawn as I look at the pony in front of me. "Is your name Stormdrift?" The mare asked with a smile. I simply nodded and let her in. She smiled and sat down on the couch. I looked at her and finally spoke. "Okay.... Who are you and how do you know my name...?" The mare just smiled and chuckled.

"Untrustworthy of me I see. That is quite alright but no need to be worried I was sent here by Celestia." The mare said with a smile. I Glared a bit but then calmed down enough to hear the mare out. "Okay then... Tell me why you are here.... Why did Celestia send you? And why did she send you so damn late at night?" I grumbled as I yawned a bit. The mare smiled and took my hoof. I looked at her and gave a weird look.

"What are you some kind of kissogram?" The mare giggled a bit before speaking again. "No I am not a kissogram Storm... My name is Mystic. I am a Psychic Who worked very close with Starswirl the bearded." I looked at her with astonishment. "That world make you thousands of years old but you don't look a day past Twenty three." I said with astonishment. Mystic smiled and moved closer to me. Her Azul eyes pierced mine as she spoke again.

"Celestia has told me about your dreams Stormdrift. I can help you if you want but I warn you... You may not like the outcome of this." Mystic said with a serious tone. I frowned and thought for a little bit. If she did this would my past come to her and ruin my chances at finding an answer. I looked at her and sighed.

"Tomorrow... Come to the castle tomorrow and I will speak to The princess about this." Mystic nodded and put her hoof to my face with a smile. "Alright then Storm I will. Get some sleep. By the way you are absolutely adorable when you sleep..." Mystic said with a grin. I blushed a bit and glared at her.

"Just be there tomorrow you big flirt!" I yelled a bit. Mystic giggled and teleported away to wherever she was going to. I sighed and went back to bed. So many questions plagued my head as I slept that night. Why did Celestia send a freaking psychic pony to talk to me in the middle of the night for? What is going to happen when I get to the castle tomorrow? I only can grind these questions till tomorrow however. For now I sleep hoping that the dreams do not plague me as I sleep.

I am in a corridor, wearing a white lab coat. I am very puzzled as to why until I hear a scream. A splash of blood hits my face as I as well am disgusted in what I see. A mare was being cut open and her organs fell to the ground in a heap. I gag and hunch over about to lose my lunch. A dark figure smiled menacingly as he threw the remains in a machine. Oh god... I was not in here... I couldn't be here... The factory... I ran so fast I felt as if my heart would blow out of my chest. I ran into somepony and fell on my haunches. I looked up to see Rainbow Dash only she was not friendly... She cackled and swung a knife at me. The chase was on. I ran for the exit only for it to be blocked by guards. I fell to my side and whimpered before a familiar voice rang out.

"Storm... Fight this fear inside of you!! Only then can you escape this nightmare!!" It was Luna I stood up and glared at Dashie. I charged her only to be flung into another dream. I was in Ponyville. I looked around and at myself and realized I was covered in blood. I gave a very puzzled look and took a look at the sky. A dark smoke cloud billowed from a building. I knew what was going on. Before I could speak Luna was beside me. She looked down and smiled.

"Hello again Storm. We are glad to see you are well." I nodded in return and frowned. "What is going on... My life is being replayed... What does this mean?" Luna smiled and placed a hoof on my shoulder. "Even we do not know why this happens in dreams but they happen... It is best to just let them play through." I looked at her and frowned.

"But this is... when I get assaulted by my friends." Luna shook her head and pointed to the ground. I saw myself down on the ground. Next thing I see is Grey Skies and his goons surrounding the past me. I swallowed hard. "Oh maaaan how embarrassing..." Luna sighed and pointed something out. A purple unicorn came out of nowhere and beat the hell out of the ponies and carried me away. A tear fell from my eye.

"That's right... This was all after... I lost Nimble Breeze..." Luna shook her head once more and pointed towards the ground. I saw something that brought a tear to my eye. A mare was carrying nimble on her back, smiling as the little filly slept on her. I grabbed Luna and cried a bit. Luna hugged me back and smiled.

"Always a silver lining somewhere Storm. Remember that now let us follow Twilight shall we?" I nodded and we were outside the window to the library. Twilight was wrapping my ribs and cleaning my wounds. I blushed a bit at the thought of being treated like a foal. Luna caught on. "Are you okay Storm Thou looks a bit flushed?" I blushed a bit more and glared.

"I am not flushed!!" Luna smiled and rolled her eyes as we continued to watch the past unfold. I was awake now and was being introduced to my now friends. I began to tear up at the sight of Fluttershy. I sighed and smiled a bit. Luna placed a hoof around me as the next dream took over. I was in the waiting room of the hospital. Illumi Nite and the rest of my friends were sitting in the waiting room crying. I realized where this was, and I wanted no part of this.

"Luna please... Not this... Anything but this!!" My cries were just a waste of time as I watched as my past self walked into the room. There she was as beautiful as I remembered her. I watched as my past self held her lifeless body and I watched as she was torn from his arms by the nurses. I looked to the ground and allowed tears to fall from my eyes. I continued to look on and saw another part of my life. The day I adopted Wild Wind. I smiled as the little filly jumped into my hooves. She giggled as I lay her on my back and walk to the house. I let out a small chuckle through the cascading tears that fell from my eyes. Luna smiled and spoke up.

"She was certainly a lively little filly back then wasn't she?" I nodded in response and continued to watch as I carried her. After a while I was thrown into another time loop only this time it was in a cemetery. I was standing near a grave, crying. I was puzzled and turned to Luna for answers. She looked on without a word. I watched as my past self punched the ground in fury and in heartache. I realized then that this was when I decided to visit Fluttershy's grave after her death three years prior. I began to tear up a bit as I looked on, now realizing that I acted like a fool. I saw Summerset come over and begin to talk to my past self. Another flood of tears fell down my face. Luna looked at me and smiled.

"Is it too much to take in at once? Now do you know what the meaning of this particular dream is?" I nodded. She smiled and continued to watch as Summerset hit my past self in the face. I flinched. "I can still feel that after all these years." I say with a chuckle. Luna chuckled as well. I then saw my life with Summerset and our three kids. I smiled as the memories poured in through my head and dream. I saw the entire time I had with her from beginning to her untimely death. Suddenly I was in a white room with only Luna there with me. She smiled and got closer to me.

"You mentioned before that you knew the meaning of this dream yes?" I nodded in agreement and before she could ask the next question I answered it for her. "Yeah I know exactly what it means. It is telling me that no matter what happens to me or my family, and no matter what hardships I have faced in my life there was always that little silver lining hiding away in my life. Whether it was My kids or the time I had with my family and friends. Those times I had were the silver lining through my life. Without them I would not have the strength to continue this life... Luna thank you for this.... But I have another question... You can see dreams right?" She nodded and spoke.

"That we can. And your dreams are quite the frightful but beautiful ones. I saw the dream that has puzzled you and I am sorry but I do not know what they mean." I frowned and sighed. "I guess I have tomorrow to find that out." After saying that I looked up to find I was the only one standing in the room of white. Suddenly I awaken from the dream.

I wake to the sound of birds chirping. I smile a little and get ready for the day ahead of me. Celestia was waiting for me at the castle as was that mare Mystic. I gather my things and head for the castle with the dreams of before swimming in my head.

I arrive at the castle gates and I am escorted into the main hall where Celestia and Mystic awaited me. I also noticed that Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Dashie were there as well. My children were also there. Nytefire, Stargazer, and Wild Wind all looked at me with a small smile.

"Hey dad... Long time no see. We all missed you so much!" Nytefire said as she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and was embraced by all of my children and friends. Wild Wind was tearing up when she hugged me. Stargazer just held me like his life depended on it. "We are so sorry dad... We should of visited you more..." I sighed and held them there for a bit until Rainbow Dash smiled and gave a sly grin.

"Took ya long enough old man." She said with a smile. I smiled back and spoke. "Wouldn't be talking about old Dash, your looking a little grey under the wing." Pinkie giggled at that one and hugged me tightly. I chuckled and hugged her back lightly.

"Good to see you too sis..." She nuzzled my nose and released the hug. Rarity and Twilight also hugged me and as did Applejack. I Grinned widely and spoke. "I understand it has been a while but what is with the hugs all of a sudden?" I said with a sly grin. Everypony laughed.

Rainbow Dash broke the laughter and spoke again. "So Storm, what is with these weird dreams of yours?" The others nodded in agreement. Rarity put a hoof on my back. "Yes darling, you have us quite worried." I smiled and before i could speak Pinkie blurted her two sense. "Worrying about a friend is suuuuuuper important you know. Cause who knows you could of dreamed about being naked in front of a crowd or worse!!!" I look down and smiled.

"Uhhhh Pinkie I don't recall wearing clothes in the first place...." Pinkie also looked down and blushed "Oh yeah well still dreams can be mean!!" Pinkie said as she smushed my face. Applejack took her off me and sighed. "Pinkie, he can't really tell us if yer gonna talk over him... Now what is botherin' ya about them dreams Sugarcube?" I sighed and began to tell them everything. I told them about the Fluttershy dreams and the dream with Luna. They all nodded as i continued to tell them about Mystic's visit as well. Celestia smiled.

"So Mystic found you all right? That is good to hear." I frowned and then told Celestia about Mystic's idea. "She want's to look into my life doesn't she...?" Celestia nodded. "Yes all the way into your childhood. I hope this isn't a burden to you." I shook my head and smiled. "Nah, i can handle it... The only thing I really can't stand is how much of a freaking flirt she is!!!" They all laughed as Mystic walked into the hall. She smiled towards me and walked closer. Nytefire smiled and nodded as did all of my children. "You can do it Daddy!!" My kids said at the same time. I smiled and nodded.

"Are you ready then Storm?" I nodded and sighed. "Yes... If this gives me the answers I need then have at it." Mystic nodded and then cast a spell on me. She began to sing and I began to fall asleep. All I remember then is the quiet melody of the stars.