• Published 26th Mar 2014
  • 1,350 Views, 22 Comments

The Princess and the Penny Pincher - The Cake Devil



The ruler of all Equestria on a dinner date with the cheapest person in all of Gravity Falls. Grab some popcorn and watch the show.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,350

A Light in the Darkness

Chapter 3

“What the heck was that?!” Mabel asked, bursting into the men’s restroom where Stan was waiting.

“Mabel, I’m not sure we’re supposed to be in here.” Twilight said as she half heartedly hid behind Mabel.

“You got an old couple arrested,” Mabel continued, ignoring Twilight. “Where in your book of romance does it say that getting an elderly couple incarcerated on the first date, is a good idea?!”

“Wow, easy there kid,” Stan said, putting his hands up. “I panicked alright, the way I saw it, it was either them or me, and I love me way too much to let me get taken away from a date.”

Mabel gave a frustrated sigh and rubbed her temples.

“Okay, minor hiccup Mabel, nothing that can’t be fixed, Twilight,” she blurted, causing her to jump. “Give us something to work with, here. What does the Princess like? We need something that these two have in common.”

“Well,” Twilight said, scratching the back of her neck in thought. “She loves books, politics, history-”

“Stan, anything sounding good?” Mabel asked.

“Unless she has a passion for Gold Chains for Old Men Monthly, no. The other two are overrated and not worth my time.” Stan said bluntly.


“Grrrr,” Mabel growled as she pressed her hands to the side of her head. “Come on Twi, keep’er goin. There’s gotta be something in common between the Princess of an entire Kingdome and Stan!”

“Eh look kid,” Stan said, rubbing the back of his neck. “It’s nice that you’re trying to do this for me, and I really do appreciate it. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that you can’t force something to work. Kinda like crossing a cow with a pig. The resulting offspring would be delicious, but the parents just don’t have enough in common to form a lasting relationship.”

“Come on Stan, you can’t give up,” Mabel said with a small frown. “ I’m sure there’s something.”

“Nah kid,” Stan said walking past the two girls. “I think I’m just going to apologies, pay my tab and go home.”

“Think Twilight, think,” Mabel said, clasping her hands on Twilights shoulders and roughly shaking the girl back and forth. “Give me something, anything.”

“Um, uh,” Twilight stuttered. “Baked goods, the sun, pranks.”

Mabel suddenly stopped her shaking, a massive smile on her face.

“Say that last one again.”

“What, p-pranks?” Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

“You hear that Grunkle Stan?”

“You bet I did kid.” Stan said turning back around.

“I think there just might be hope for this date yet.” Mabel said rubbing her hands together.

Author's Note:

Dear Dahlings.

What's this, The Cake Devil, on time with a promised date? Yes indeed my dears it would seem that I'm on time for once. Anyways, as promised I have been working on FAM, but unfortunately school takes priority over fic writing so I was only able to get the first thousand +words done. I'll definitely try to work on it in the coming week, but with finals just around the corner, I wouldn't expect much.

Hugs and kisses, Yours Truly, The Cake Devil.

Comments ( 6 )

dear mr.cake devil
this has made me feel better and I can't wait for more :scootangel:
from Twilight 517828

I guess Celestia knows how I feels to loose your sibling for a very long time... I'm listening to lullaby for a princess and if it was made more manly it could work for Stan and Ford! Idk I'm just spit balling ;) good story by the way!

I only read this for the sheer "what the heck" factor of the idea of Celestia and Stan on a date.

Looking at the last update, I guess its unlikely you're going to update this. Bummer, I was curious to see what you where going to do with this ridiculous idea.

6734323
Dear Mr. Knight.

As of late, I've been rather absent from my projects on this site. College has sapped away most of my energy, but seeing as to how my most recent school semester is over, I'll be jumping back on the fic train, for a while at least. I can't promise, but I'll try to show a little love to my most neglected brain child within the coming weeks.

Glad I could entertain, sincerely Yours, The Cake Devil.

6734391
*Ms. :derpytongue2:

Understandable, life comes first. I just recently finished my first fanfic in ages, so I can sympathize. (A Gravity Falls crossover of my own. I was checking out what sort of crossovers others have written which was how I found yours.) Anyways, no need to rush, but if you do end up updating, I got this on my watch list. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment