• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 1,363 Views, 8 Comments

Liar - Ephraim Blue



Applejack can't take it anymore. She can't tell her friends anymore lies.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,363

Chapter 2 - Truth Will Prevail

Chapter 2 - Truth Will Prevail

Applejack felt glad about herself. She finally decided to reawaken the truth within her. Lies may bond some together, but nothing will bond you together like a truthful friend.

The Element of Honesty was nothing to be trifled with. Lies are deceiving, but trust helps others bond. The element was one of the greatest thongs that could happen to Applejack. Without it, she would have never realized what was important.

She has told the last deceiving lie to her friends.

"Rainbow Dash?" she called out to the cyan pegasus.

"Hey, Applejack," she called back. "What's up?"

"Ah wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

"For lying to ya."

"What do you mean? When have you lied to me?"

"Ah was always cheering you on. You always worked so hard to do everything that you can do or become."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Rainbow Dash, Ah'm sorry to say this, but I never thought you could become a member of the wonderbolts."


"Rarity?"

"Yes Applejack?"

"Can ya all forgive me?"

"For what, dear?"

"Lying."

"Whatever did you lie about?"

"You having a chance at becoming a fashionista."

"What are you saying Applejack?"

"Ah'm saying that I can't hold the truth back any longer. You're a great fashion designer and all, but I don't think you are there yet."


"Pinkie Pie?"

"What do you need, Applejack?"

"Ah need to tell you the truth."

"About what?"

"Pinkie, Ah'm sorry, but I broke a Pinkie Promise."


"Fluttershy?"

"Oh, hi Applejack."

"Can ah talk to ya about something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Ah'm afraid that I have lied to you."

"Oh, goodness! Whatever did you lie about?"

"Ah lied about almost everything."

"Why are you talking to me about it?"

"Because there is one thing specific to you that I lied about."

"What?"

"Fluttershy, Ah mean no offence, but you have too many animals."


"Twilight?"

"Yes? Oh, hi Applejack. What brings you here?"

"I need to tell you somethin' Twi."

"What is it?"

"Do you remember the night we went into the forest to retrieve the Elements of Harmony?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Do you remember when Ah told you to let go, and you were caught by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy?"

"How can I forget that?"

"Well, Ah lied to you back then."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah didn't know if you were going to be safe. Ah couldn't hold onto you much longer, and telling you to let go and be safe was a lie."

"You mean that-"

"Yes Twi."Ah lied to you to make you think that you would be safe then."


Well, Applejack thought to herself. That's off my shoulders.

"Applejack!" called a voice from behind her.

"Huh?" Applejack said while turning. When she did, she saw all 5 of her friends coming toward her. "Hi girls," she said dimly.

"Applejack, we all would like to know something," Twilight began the conversation.

"What's that?"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you tell the truth now instead of earlier?"

"Well, Ah thought that if Ah told you the truth earlier, ya all wouldn't forgive me for all the things that Ah've lied about."

"Applejack," Twilight began.

"You didn't have to hold back the truth," Rarity continued.

"Everypony makes mistakes, even the most honest," said Fluttershy.

"If you didn't think I would become a wonderbolt, you could have told me earlier and I wouldn't hold it against you," Rainbow Dash said.

"You may have broken a Pinkie Promise," Pinkie began. "But if you are truly honest about it, we will always forgive you."

"Really?" Applejack asked.

"Yes," they all said in unison.

"No matter what," Twilight said.

"You are our friend," Pinkie continued.

"Even if you go through hard times," Rarity said.

"Or even if you lie," Fluttershy said.

"You will always be our friend," Rainbow finished.

Applejack sat in silence as each of her friends ran up to her and tackled her into a big group hug. They're right, she thought to herself. No matter what happens they will always be my friends.

"Although," Pinkie said, "I still require you to repay that Pinkie Promise you broke."

Comments ( 3 )

Very nice story. Although the Twilight lie in particular was kind of important in her being an element.

Agreed. Ready for those other stories.

Login or register to comment