• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 10,168 Views, 500 Comments

My Little Sly Cooper: Thievery is Magic - Deyeaz



Sly Cooper lost his last life... and becomes a pony.

  • ...
22
 500
 10,168

X - What A "Heated" Debacle

My Little Sly Cooper: Thievery is Magic

X - What a “Heated” Debacle

Sly backed away rather slowly at the scene. The anger between both Carmelita and Twilight was so tangible that Sly could almost feel it corroding his skin like acidic mist. The others seemed to be feeling it as well, for they followed Sly’s example and retreated from the potential catfight that would break out.

‘God, I know I don’t pray to you much anymore, but if you can hear me... I’d appreciate it if you could, oh, I dunno, GET ME OUTTA THIS ALIVE!’ thought Sly anxiously, eyes as wide as dinner plates. Bentley and Murray were by his side, quaking in their newly-acquired hooves, while the Elements of Harmony followed their example with great gusto.

“And why should you care as to what happens to him?” Carmelita spat vehemently, fueling the other mare’s fury more. “He was never to be your responsibility. It was my duty to stop him from stealing so many priceless items, but that little rat,” she nudged her head at Sly, “kept on slipping away, no matter what I did. I know it was wrong for me to do what I did...” She closed her eyes and sighed in frustration before returning her gaze to Twilight Sparkle, who was still infuriated; “but what happened, happened. And while I wish I could take it all back... I can’t change the past.

“Besides, he’s a petty, lowly thief-”

“Oh, how you flatter me, Carmelita,” Sly murmured under his breath, doing all in his power to try and keep his cool by cracking a little joke.

“-who can’t help but take things that don’t belong to him and deserves whatever punishment coming to him. What does he matter to you, anyways?” Carmelita then questioned, her wings flaring out without her knowing of it.

Twilight Sparkle’s eye twitched at an uncontrollable rate, and her teeth were clenched. But before long, Sly, Bentley, Murray witnessed a sight they had never seen before.

Twilight Sparkle had come across a certain topic whilst reading a book titled ‘Magick Most Mystical’. The tome informed her of a condition known as a “rage-shift”. When a being of magical prowess, such as a unicorn or an alicorn, becomes infuriated, frustrated, or any strong negative emotion toward something that is responsible for such a response, the unicorn or alicorn in question “rage-shifts”, and the magical powers that the individual wields increases in strength and magnitude.

Twilight Sparkle had only rage-shifted once in her life: when she had been unable to explain and make logical sense of Pinkie Pie’s “Pinkie Sense”, a certain condition of Pinkie Pie’s that occurs whenever she thinks something might happen, such as a twitchy tail that indicates something falling, or a creaky knee that told her where somepony might be running away, and an itchy muzzle, telling her where that somepony is hiding: it’s how she could always find Rainbow Dash whenever the polychromatic pegasus ran away and hid from her.

In that moment, Twilight Sparkle experienced another rage-shift for the second time of her life. All of the occupants of the Books and Branches Library recoiled and cowered as Twilight’s lilac coat became a blinding, fiery white. Her amethyst eyes soon became as red as blood, and both her indigo mane and tail became a massive inferno, the fires licking the air and greedily devouring the oxygen in the room. The audience in the room was surprised the tree had not been sent ablaze by the mare’s fiery mane.

Without warning, Twilight Sparkle tackled Carmelita, the extremely angry mare showing no mercy in striking fear into the fox-turned-pony’s heart.

What does he matter to you, anyways?

EVERYTHIIING!!!” roared the enraged scholar, the spiteful question from earlier ringing in her ears like pots being struck repeatedly. Carmelita was cowering in her position on the floor, her pupils contracted to such tiny spots that they were almost nonexistent. Twilight bent her head forward, her now-glowing horn aimed directly at Carmelita.

Just one spell, one little incantation, and-

“Twilight, stop!” The voice the scholar recognized far too well caused her to snap her out of her malevolent reverie. She felt a hoof on her shoulder, and she turned her head to the side to see the one who she was trying to protect.

“Please stop.” Sly was looking at her with the most determined look upon his face. Twilight Sparkle’s fur was incredibly hot beneath his hoof, but Sly did not recoil.

At once, the rage-shift had passed. The flames of Twilight Sparkle’s blazing mane and tail soon died down and became her regular indigo mane and tail with purple and hot pink highlights. The hot white coat returned to a lilac hue again, and the red eyes return to their grapelike color.

Twilight Sparkle shook her head fervently, the glow in her horn dying down.

Almost immediately, Carmelita backed away as quickly as possible, hiding behind Murray and Bentley.

“Thanks, Sly,”murmured the lilac unicorn, a weak smile upon her face.

“Don’t mention it.” Sly nodded and turned to the three newcomers. “Y’know, I’ve noticed something. When I first came here, all I could speak was French, even though I could speak English perfectly fine back home, and Twilight here gave me a translation spell. But when you guys got here, you all could speak their language, Equestrian, like it’s nothing. What gives?”

“I think,” began Bentley, who was cleaning his glasses with his newly acquired emerald fur, “it was that Automatic Translation Device I threw in to the Multiversal Transporter while I was building it back home. Somehow, it might’ve just selected this language before we arrived; I had it installed in case the Transporter misfires and sends us somewhere else.

“However, as to why you could only speak French when you got here is an utter enigma to me,” Bentley concluded.

“I don’t have a clue...” Sly put a hoof to his chin and pondered the mystery. If he could speak perfect English back on Earth, why was he speaking nothing but French when he got here?

Moreover, once you get there... you may not like what will happen to you.

Sly sighed. ‘Darn it, Death... I finally see what you mean what you said that.’

“And how did you get like this?” Sly then asked. “Were you just like me?”

“I think it might be the magic that’s in the air. It’s practically everywhere, you know,” answered Twilight Sparkle. "Perhaps it altered your form when you got here?"

“But what are we gonna do about... this?!” He pointed his hoof and swept it all across the array of ponies in the room. “This’ll be just... sheer pandemonium if this keeps going on.”

“What you do mean?” said Murray and Spike in a unison of confusion.

“What I mean is that Carmelita and Twilight can’t be within two feet of each other without being visited by the urge to rip each other’s heads off.” The two in question bowed their heads in a small bout of shame. “Moreover, how the hay are we gonna all fit in this one tree?” Sly didn’t even notice the fact that he had said “hay” rather than the regular form of the word until about five seconds later.

‘I really need to stop being a pony: their ways of speaking is already getting to my head.’

“Sly’s right,” agreed Twilight Sparkle, picking up her head to create eye contact with Sly. “Me and Carmelita,” she said the name in a seething tone, “shouldn’t be next to each other... at least until we can calm down.”

“Seconded,” huffed Carmelita. “But what are we to do about those two?” She pointed her hoof at Bentley and Murray, but the task was rather difficult: she wasn’t used to being a quadruped.

“Lemme think for a second...” Twilight Sparkle hummed. She looked at Bentley, the green unicorn, then at the fuschia earth pony known as Murray, then at Carmelita, the pegasus that was the color of the Equestrian sunset. She then looked amongst her friends for answers.

“How’s ‘bout Ah help this Murray feller over here be a real Earth Pony, Twi?” suggested Applejack.

“Ooh, ooh, can I help as well?!” screeched Pinkie Pie, bouncing excitedly. “We can throw a huge party for you three, a “Welcome-To-Ponyville” party, and there’s gonna be cupcakes and candy and cake and cookies and ice cream and punch and-!”

“Okaaaaaay, Pinkie!” interrupted the cowpony, stuffing her orange hoof into the pink mare’s mouth to silence her.

“I’m liking this already,” Murray whispered.

“Me and Flutters could teach Carmelita how to be a proper pegasus!” declared Rainbow Dash, putting a hoof to her chest in pride. “Right, ‘Shy?”

“Oh, yes. I don’t mind at all,” Fluttershy muttered. “I would be honored to help.”

‘Great. I get stuck with the timid doormat and the brash athlete...’ thought Carmelita spitefully.

“And me and Twilight shall help Mr. Bentley here in becoming the unicorn that he is destined to be!” exclaimed Rarity, her eyes shining like the gemstones she so adored.

“No, please, I don’t wish to cause any trouble,” Bentley returned,” I think I could teach myself how just fine-”

“Oh, but you must!”

“No, I-”

“You must!”

“But-”

“YOU MUSSSST!”

Bentley retreated a bit from how close Rarity had gotten, her azure eyes staring at him in pleading. “Okay, just... please back up? I have claustrophobia,” he whimpered.

“Marvelous!” Rarity said.

“Then it’s settled,” Twilight Sparkle said: “Bentley, since I’ve got Sly living under my roof, how would you like to live with Rarity for the time being?”

“I wouldn’t mind in the slightest, Miss, uh...”

“Sparkle,” the scholar completed, holding out her hoof. Bentley carefully reached out and shook it. “Twilight Sparkle.”

“Very well then, Ms. Sparkle. But I honestly hope that Ms. Rarity here doesn’t mind,” said Bentley.

“Please, darling, it’d be my pleasure,” said Rarity.

“Murray? Ya wanna choose who you wanna live with?” asked Sly.

“The pink pony! Definitely!” declared Murray with a huge smile.

“Whoo-hoo!” Pinkie Pie cheered, bouncing ten feet into the air, somersaulting twice, and landing spectacularly on all four hooves. “You and I are gonna be the best of friends, Murray!”

“And Carmelita, who do you wanna live with?” inquired Sly to the fox-turned-pony. Carmelita glanced between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, mulling over the possibilities and outcomes of living with one of them.

“I-I could take her in,” offered Fluttershy, the gold-hued pegasus walking over to Carmelita with a kind smile. “It won’t be a problem at all.”

“Well, then it settled.” Bentley stretched his legs. “Off we go, I guess?”

“Eeyup,” Applejack chuckled. With that, all the other ponies save for Twilight Sparkle and Sly exited the Books and Branches Library. With the room now more spacious, Sly gave a large yawn, barely stifling it with a hoof.

“I’m going to bed,” he hollered as he walked up the steps. “There’s been just too much crazy stuff going on for my brain to handle right now...”

With a chuckle, Twilight said, "I agree with you on that one." And so, she and Spike followed the coon-pony upstairs in the hopes of retiring for the night.