• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 10,168 Views, 500 Comments

My Little Sly Cooper: Thievery is Magic - Deyeaz



Sly Cooper lost his last life... and becomes a pony.

  • ...
22
 500
 10,168

XXI - Bad Vibes (A Canterlot Wedding - Pt. 1)

~My Little Sly Cooper: Thievery is Magic~

Written by Deyeaz

with the help of the ever-brilliant Alex Rite

XXI - Bad Vibes (A Canterlot Wedding - Pt. 1)

“All aboard!”

The conductor’s shrill yell blared through the station as the Mane Six and the Cooper Gang boarded the train to Canterlot once more. Sly and his friends remembered the last time they were here: the whole charade with the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness and all the other deserts being eaten still stuck to his brain, a benign leach on his subconscious that always arose when something of it reminded him. Sly had decided to go home for a second and quickly change his clothes back to his usual yellow and blue style, but he had insisted on keeping the goatee, saying he thought it was a good look for him.

Sly sighed. “Well, here we go again.”

“Don’t worry,” Twilight assured, kissing his cheek. “You’ll be fine. We just gotta hide you really well from... well, my brother.”

“Relax: Hiding’s what I’m good at.”

“Other than being a thieving little bilge rat...” muttered Carmelita under her breath, her words unheard by Murray, who was sitting next to her, yet distracted with a paddle ball.

“Carmelita, no matter how much you flatter me, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m already taken,” said Sly, trying his best not to snicker at Carmelita’s angry face.

Carmelita turned away and grunted. “Stupid Cooper.”

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were having a conversation on the other side of the train.

“A sonic rainboom? At a wedding?! Can you say ‘best wedding ever’!” said Rainbow Dash excitedly.

Best wedding ever!” said Pinkie, not getting what Rainbow Dash had meant.

Just then Spike jumped into the conversation saying, “So you all get to help with the big fancy wedding, but I’m the one who gets to plan the bachelor party.”

“Do you even know what a bachelor party is?” asked Bentley.

“I have absolutely no clue,” said Spike. Everypony started to laugh.

Everypony but Twilight, anyway.

“Twi, you sure you’re okay?” asked Sly, worried about his marefriend.

“I'm just thinking about Shining Armour. Ever since I moved to Ponyville we've been seeing each other less and less. And now that he's starting a new family with this ‘Princess Mi Amore Cal-whatshername’, we'll probably never see each other.” said Twilight.

“Cal-whatshername. Good one,” said Sly, trying to cheer her up. Seeing that being funny wasn’t working, he decided to switch tactics. “You’re his sister, Twi. He’ll always make time for you. I would.”

“Couldn’t seem to make time to tell me he was getting married!”

“Ya know, you’re really making cheering you up hard.”

Just then Pinkie Pie jumped up shouting, “We’re here, we’re here!”

The passengers looked out the windows to see an incredibly disturbing sight. Canterlot was not only surrounded a huge amethyst force field, but the whole place was enveloped with squad upon relentless squad of Royal Guards, spears sharpened, armour polished, and mouths curled in scowls.

“Whoa, what’s with all the guards?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“They probably knew Sly was coming,” said Carmelita, sticking her tongue out childishly at an annoyed Sly.

“Oh please, Carmelita, I’m sure they’re just taking the necessary precautions. Royal weddings do bring out the strangest ponies,” said Rarity.

“But Pinkie was invited,” Bentley said, snickering a bit.

Rarity gave Bentley an almost playful smack on the back of his head and said, ”Now let’s get going, we’ve got work to do.”

“And you’ve got a big brother to congratulate,” Applejack added to Twilight, patting her on the back to comfort her.

“Yeah, congratulate. And then give him a piece of my mind,” said Twilight.

“Well, this should be fun to watch,” Sly said to himself. “Hey, Twilight! Wait up!”


Twilight and Sly walked towards a tower where the former had said she was sure they would find Shining Armour. While Twilight was still upset, Sly was beginning to get a little worried about the entire situation. Sly was about to say something to Twilight as they were only a few yards away from the tower, but Twilight beat him to the punch.

“I’ve got something to say to you, mister,” Twilight said to Shining Armour, who was standing on top of a wall giving orders to other guards in his purple armour.

The guards drew their spears at the possibility of an oncoming enemy, but Shining Armour stopped them when he saw his sister.

“Twily!” said Armour. He then noticed the gray stallion standing behind her. “...and Cooper.” He said with only mild distaste. He then walked down the stairs to the two of them, his mood changing back to being pleasant.

“Aw, I’ve missed you kid!” he said to Twilight. “How was the train ride? I-”

“How dare you not tell me in person that you were getting married!” Twilight said, cutting Shining Armour off. “I’m your sister, for pony’s sake!”

Shining was shocked by his sister’s statement, but he then began to explain. “It’s not my fault! Princess Celestia has requested a major increase in security. Didn’t you see all the guards at the train station?’

“Oh, we saw them,” said Sly. “And then a joke was made at my expense because of them. They’re guarding the wedding, right?”

“It has nothing to do with the wedding, Cooper,” said Shining Armour, a little mad at Sly for jumping in. However, despite his contempt to the coon-pony, Shining Armour was in a bind: he had no jurisdiction to bring about harm upon Sly, in fear of both Twilight's inextinguishable rage towards him later, and the stern talking-to that the Princess would give him; after all, Celestia herself had dropped the charges on Sly in the first place. Besides, he had more imperative matters to attend to than a two-bit thief who stole a cake recipe. . So, all he could do was hold back his anger and simply say, “A threat has been made against Canterlot. We don’t know who's responsible for it, but Princess Celestia asked that I help provide additional protection. This, you need to see,” he said, walking a few feet away from the two of them.

Shining began to concentrate as hard as he could, and his horn began to glow. There was a flash of light, and a beam shot from his horn and into the force field. Shining rubbed his head in pain from the spell he had performed.

“Dude... that was awesome,” said Sly, genuinely impressed.

Shining Armour smiled the smallest possible smile and, as he walked into the tower followed by Sly and Twilight, continued. “The burden of keeping Canterlot safe rests squarely on my shoulders. Staying focused on the task at hoof is... my top priority.”

“And, he’s lame again,” said Sly.

As they stopped on a bridge at the top of the tower, an army worth of guards marching underneath them, Twilight began to see her brother’s point.

“Okay, okay, I get it,” said Twilight, “You’ve got a really important job protecting Canterlot with a force field-”

“An awesome force field,” interrupted Sly, trying his best to end up on Shining Armour’s good side.

“An ‘awesome’ force field,” Twilight angrily amended, “that only you can conjure up. But still, how can you not tell me about something as big as your wedding? Am I not that important to you anymore?”

“Hey, you’re my little sister. Of course you’re important to me. But I guess I’d understand if you didn’t wanna be my best mare now.”

Oh, pulling an ace out of his sleeve, thought Sly. He’s good.

“You want me to be your best mare?” asked Twilight, stunned speechless by the proposal.

“Well... yeah,” said Shining.

Twilight was overjoyed. Her heart was racing in her chest as she bounced happily around her brother, then tackled him in a massive huge. “I’d be honoured!” trilled Twilight, smiling wider than equinely possible.

“Hey, does this mean I’m the best stallion or whatever?” asked Sly excitedly. At the death glare the alabaster stallion gave him, Sly disappointedly said, “I didn’t think so.”

“But I’m still pretty ticked you’re marrying somepony I don’t even know,” said Twilight. “When did you even meet this ‘Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?’”

“Hey, I just realized, her name is French... and Italian... I think!” said Sly, surprised at the fact he had missed that.

Ignoring him, again, Shining said, “Twily, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza... is Cadence, your old foal sitter.”

“Cadence? As in the Cadence? As in the greatest foal sitter in the history of foal sitters?”

“You tell me, she was your foal sitter.”

Oh man, thought Sly, seeing what was about to happen. As Dimitri would say, ‘Here comes the freak out!’

“Ohmygosh, ohmygosh!” said Twilight excitedly, turning to Sly, predicting that he was about to ask who Cadence was. “Cadence was only the most amazing pony ever! She’s beautiful, she’s caring, she’s kind. I was so lucky to have her as my foal sitter. She was pretty much my only friend other than Shining Armour.”

“Ya know, you really keep changing the childhood story you tell me,” said Sly.

Ignoring him, she continued. “How many unicorns can spread love wherever they go? I only know of one,” she said as she turned to Shining Armour. “And you’re marrying her!” She then began to jump around Armour until she ended up in front of two ponies. One was a small, or by pony standards, regular sized, pink alicorn mare with a dark purple, pink, and yellow mane. Her sparkling eyes were a purple hue similar to Twilight’s coat. The other was a light brown earth pony stallion with a messy dark brown mane and bright blue eyes that, for some reason were staring with pure hatred at something right behind her.

“Are we interrupting something?” asked the brown stallion.

At the sight of her old foal sitter, Twilight became very excited and started to do the dance they had always done together when she was a filly. However, the pink alicorn did not follow Twilight’s example.

Well that was awkward to watch, thought Sly.

“What are you doing?” asked the princess.

Confused, Twilight turned to her and said, “Cadence it’s me, Twilight.”

“Uh huh,” said Cadence, walking past a now frowning Twilight.

Shining Armour, putting his arm around his fiance began to talk. “I’ve gotta get back to my station. but Cadence and her wedding consultant, Time Turner–” he pointed to the brown stallion “–will be checking in with all of you to see how things are going. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn’t be more excited to have you here. Right, dear?”

“...Absolutely,” said Princess Cadenza, with no aforementioned excitement whatsoever. For some reason, the way she said it gave Twilight and Sly the chills.

“Well, we’ll let you get to it,” said Shining Armour, walking off with Princess Cadenza and Time Turner following closely behind.

After they left, Twilight turned to Sly and said, “Okay, was I the only one who felt creeped out by her?’

“No, no, I felt it too,” said Sly. “She gives me a worse feeling than this one time I got locked up in ‘The Hole’ by the Contessa.” At Twilight’s confused look, Sly began to explain. “It's a long story involving a person who I thought was our friend, but ended up betraying us, which is something I'm never gonna let happen again. Anyways, the point is I’m with you, there is something wrong with that woman, and her little friend as well.”

Let’s just hope it has nothing to do with those ‘future problems’ Discord was talking about, Sly thought worriedly....

Author's Note:

Okay, guys, so begins the Arc of The Canterlot Wedding, which I'll try and break into four parts. :)

We're almost to the end, guys. Just hang tight a teensy bit longer.