• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 961 Views, 23 Comments

Friendship is Magic ~NEW~ (SEASON 1) - KiyoHosokoawa00



A Different Take on the Original FiM Canon! Twilight and Vinyl Scratch are Adopted Sisters and students of Princess Celestia. What happens when Twilight discovers the Nightmare Moon Prophecy? What's Vinyl's thoughts on this? Does she suppor

  • ...
2
 23
 961

SPIKE PROLOGUE CHAPTER: Just a Dragon and his Mom... Right?

Spike the Dragon.

Spike the Dragon...

Spike the Dragon.......

...Spike... The... Dragon...

"Sweetheart, stop muttering your name please?" Princess Celestia spoke out to the young, Purple Dragon not far from her.

Spike the Dragon was staring at himself in the mirror. He frowned at himself. He studied his body everyday, but was disappointed with himself. He sighed and looked away from the mirror, walking toward Celestia's bed, and plopping down at the bedside, curling up to his knees.

Celestia knew this sigh and looked down at him at the bedside. She smiled and got down to the floor with him, lying down next to him and pulling him close.

"Alright, What does my little Spike have on his mind?" She asked with a very motherly tone. "I don't think I've ever seen you this down before."

The Dragon looked up at her. Celestia's flowing rainbow mane gave off a feeling of security. Her smile always calmed him. And her voice was always like music. He sighed again and put his chin into his lap.

"I guess i..." He started, "...want to get out more... in the castle... I dont feel like I'm anything more than... 'Spike the Dragon'..." He said with a mocking tone. "I want to see more outside of the castle walls! What more is out there, Mom?"

Mom...

The word always struck her heart harder than another word she would hear the guards and locals muttering about. Needless to say, despite this, she enjoyed hearing the word from Spike, as it gave her a sense of strength to keep going on. Hope, maternity, and happiness. Then again... Maybe she just liked hearing him call her that.

"Mom?"

Celestia snapped out of her thoughts and looked down at Spike, who was looking up at her confused.

"You alright? You look like you've had a lot on your mind lately..." He stood up and walked around to her side, hopping up on her back and lying down on his stomach, "you feeling alright?"

The Princess of the Sun smiled and leaned back to nuzzle the young Dragon's Cheek.

"I will be. After the next few days..." The Princess stood up and walked over to the window, looking up into the night sky and looking at the moon. "After tonight, I'm sure that they will be ready."

"They?" Spike asked.

The Princess nodded and sighed sadly.

"On the Eve of the Summer Sun Festival of the 1000th year, the Stars shall aid in her escape." She said. Spike looked up at the moon and noticed the symbol.

"Oh... oh right..." He leaned down and wrapped his arms around her neck into a hug. "Don't worry mom... I... I know you didn't mean to... you said it yourself! The Darkness corrupted her! It sounded like she tried fighting back!"

Celestia remembered every moment of the battle between her and her sister. Granted, many things happened. But to this day, she blamed herself. Every moment, she blamed herself. But now, she feels that she may be able to apologize for everything very soon.

"I just hope the Prophecy is right..." She said quietly.

"Prophecy?" Spike asked before burping obnoxiously loud, and belching a bright emerald green burst of fire, to which a Scroll formed and dropped into his hands. "Oh... Scroll..." He opened it up and his eyes lot up. "It's from Twilight!"

"From Twilight?" She asked as she took the scroll from him and read it through. To which... she frowned and sighed... "Twilight Sparkle... I never thought I'd actually have to resort to such immature writing but..."

With a brief poof of magic, the writing in the scroll disappeared and a quill levitate to Spike's reach. She held her head high.

"Spike, take a letter. Dear Twilight Sparkle..." She started. Soon after, the letter was done, and Spike rolled it up, but looked concerned. Celestia noticed this, realized just how childish it really sounded... and thought for a second... she looked up, looking embarrassed. "Too much?"

Spike was silent for a moment, but smirked and shook his head.

"Nah! I actually think this might work this time! Vinyl Scratch will definitely give her a good talking to!" And with that, he blew his familiar green flames, and the scroll dissipated. He looked at the Princess gave her a thumbs up. "You're awesome, Mom."

Celestia giggled mischeviously and winked very child like.

"Oh I Know, Spike. I know."

Spike chuckled and ran over to her, wrapping his arms around her foreleg in a hug. They shared a precious moment together in silence, and finally broke apart. He smiled up at her.

"I really needed our little time together, Mom! I don't feel so bad anymore!" He said with a big smile. "I know I can't get out much, but if it means being able to be here with you, then I'm ok with it!"

Celestia thought for a moment... then an Idea came to mind as she smiled cleverly.

"Actually Spike, How would you like to be a part of my little side project for Twilight?" She asked with a familiar glint in her eye. "Remember my old friend, Carrot Cake?"

Spike's mouth immediately began to water as he remembered several things about her friend.

"DO I!?" He almost shouted. "He made me that awesome Habanero Topaz Cup Cake for my birthday last year! How can I not remember him!?"

The Princess chuckled once more and patted him on the back.

"Well, his wife is with foal, and he needs another hoof around the kitchen." She explained. "I know how good you are with cooking. His second hoof he currently has can show you the ropes of Baking. If you're interested~"

The Dragon's eyes lit up.

"I... are you sure?"

She nodded with a soft smile.

"You'll leave tomorrow afternoon before Twilight does. I want you to fill in for help with Mr. Cake, but I want you to watch over Twilight Sparkle and Vinyl Scratch." She explained with a stern tone. "I just want you to observe how they're doing and send me daily activity logs of your own stay. You will be rooming with Mr. Cake's other residential mate, but I want you to keep a close eye on Twilight." She smiled and nuzzled him. "I'm expecting just as much from you as I am from Twilight. Make some friends while you're out there as well."

Her last words she said with another wink. Spike laughed and nodded as he jumped up at her, hugging her very tight.

"You got it!"

Author's Note:

And that note, I'm proud to announce, I'm Back!

The good news? A new Chapter!

The bad news? It's another Prologue.

The other bad news? For some people, it's a Spike Chapter.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So for my followers who had been waiting awhile for this, only to come to another prologue chapter featuring Spike, my excuse is this:

I still want Spike to be a part of the story because 1) He still has a part to play. 2) It's an AU, so Spike has to be doing something. And 3) Spike is my buddy, ok?

In the meantime, I DO have a job and my unpredictable schedule makes it next to impossible to do my typing when I want. Let alone, I'll be writing the chapters via the website from now on. Too many incidents with my tablet led to several chapters having to be rewritten over and over and over and over and over again...

Yeah, that bad...

So to this, please, forgive my absence, and follow me further and deeper I to both worlds of Friendship is Magic ~NEW~!

Comments ( 10 )

I quite like this.

Awesome twist

Well I sure am happy with this update and where it's going so far!
Also I hope you can get another chapter soon even though you have a lot on your plate.
Good luck!

7480061 Well I am incredibly honored and glad you're enjoying it! I am now currently working on (The REAL) Chapter 1 AND Spike Chapter 1, rotating between the two. I am making sure that the events are indeed happening in unison with each other. Though many spoilers for everyone reading the comments as well...

Spike will NOT have a chapter after each main chapter every time. Generally, Spike Chapters will happen as Omake Specials that show how certain events in each main actually happened.

I'm trying to give Spike more purpose in this verse as an actual key character to the story, instead of him acting as comedy relief, an assistant, and just another episode with him.

So again, I thank you for reading!

7481674
I certainly am enjoying this new take on Spike, and giving him his own chapters.

Interesting, Spike rooming with Pinkie at the Cakes as Celestia's assistant as opposed to living with Twilight as her son/brother/assistant. Added with Twilight having Vinyl as a sister and I can already see a great deal of Chaos and cacophony emerging from this situation.

Well done.

is this story still ongoing?

9940412

It's very hard to say. Real life has been catching up with me and with the expiration of my previous device, I had to start from absolute scratch for the next chapter. But I have been working on it. Please be patient and expect an update in the future!

9940642
okay thanks for the reply I will follow so good luck

Login or register to comment