• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 302 Views, 1 Comments

A Chance Flip By Life. - kento124



What if a single event could change your life? Whit if it was a coin of all things? Would you call heads or tails?

  • ...
 1
 302

A Pair of Two's

He tried come up with some answer that wouldn't sound too...evil. Sadly the stare he got from twilight, just wouldn't let his mind come up with an excuse. As he felt the harden stare morph into a gaze of anger. He he shifted his weight uncomfortably before he took a seat near the far end of her bed, turning to meet her gaze once again.

“It wasn't anything bad,” his to tone was less than convincing to twilight.

“What did you do?” she demanded once more.

“I altered some of his memory.”

Twilight’s mind, being built like the a filing system, quickly connected the words 'Altered' to 'control' and 'memory' to 'mind'. She then reached a sub category of dark magic, leading her to on conclusion of his statement. 'He placed Spike under a mind control spell and now he's Bale's slave.'

“How dare you place him under mind control! I have every right to beat the living crap out of you!” she instantly blurted out, jumping off the bed, shoving him across the room into wall with her magic. As she step closer to demand he release Spike, she caught the look of pure confusion on the stallions face. The look alone raised a question for her but not no more than realizing she just through another pony across her room into a wall. Or that fact she just threaten to injure him as well.

“Well, I can easily say I wasn't expecting that.” The sound of him wheezing out his words scared her to her core, causing bale fall to the floor as her magical death grip loosened. She watched him cough as he caught his breath. Why did I do that? she questioned herself, trying to get a get hold of her self. Twilight could feel the intense hatred, the unbridled rage for what he did to Spike. The sheer amount of forces that she wants to call upon for retribution terrified her. Not in all her years did she ever feel this way about anypony or any thing before.

“Right, note to self, remember to put a section down in the book about forgotten emotions.” Bale still felt a bit shaken, not by the lack of air but the unaccepted unbridled rage that Twilight just exerted. He cursed him self mentally for forgetting about them, he really needed to remember a lot of thing. As he raised his head, getting to his hooves, he noticed Twilight with a belief of shock written across her face. If he didn't know better, she seemed about to burst into tears at any second. “Now Twilight...”

“I just tried to kill you?” Her voice unsteady as she started to back up, bumping into the wall that her bed sat on. She slumped down to the floor repeating, “I just tried to kill you.”

“You need to listen to me...” he said trying to sound soothing and kind as he moved toward her. She cringed as her got closer, “What you feeling now is abnormal. There known as forgotten emotions.” He could see tears starting to flow down her face, the sight seemed to tugged at his heart a bit. I've all ways hated a crying mare, he thought as he continued. “They are the emotions that get lost or pushed away when something stronger over powered them. Think of a couple who are in love but one day they break up. The mare wished to forget the love she had and did the same spell you did. She forgot it but the love she felt at the time taught her not to be selfish. So without it, she felt her self be selfish the first time in years.”

She sniffled as her eyes looked up to his, her violet staring in to his. He took that as a note she was listening, “You see Twilight, what your feeling is abnormal yes but in the same sense normal. You just never had felt that type of anger or protective rage before because of the love you had for Celestia was blocking it.”

“So me throwing you into the wall, ready to beat you senseless was normal?” Twilight's voice still shaky but she seemed to be getting a handle on the emotion.

“Well, that was like jumping into a debate about bobby pins with a sword, threatening somepony in the crowd to eat a taco. There's just no way to respond to that.” He watched for a sec, finding the lack of reaction a little uneasy. “If it makes you feel better, I didn't use mind control on that Spike fellow. Just a simple post hypnotic suggestion and that is all.”

“Honestly, I would recommend a day or two to recover, to get use to feeling that anger, that frustration. If you don't, well, just think of the next pony you snap at.” He was trying to sound sincere but it came off sounding a bit to demanding for his tastes. Bale was trying to find something to say to her, something to comfort her. He could stand to see her curled up in a ball, crying her heart out. It wasn't the cry that got him but just the sheer sight of a pony having a mental break down of any kind is weird. They mumble, complain, or just wail out in irrational thoughts which irritated the hell out of him.

Now that is just depressing, he watched her pull her purple tail up between her hooves; cradling it. He watched for what was a good twenty minutes, hopping Twilight would get some kind of hold on her emotions. Sadly, she didn't, Now she's just mumbling incoherently about a guy named Tom, Bale sighed as he walk over to Twilight; taking a seat just by her self cradled head.

“Now Twilight this is going to be weird,” he said to her not really caring if she heard or at least alone understood it. His horn glowed as he prepared a spell, Twilight being none the wiser as she rocked back and forth. He moved his horn to touch the base of her skull, were her horn laid. With a steady breath he finished the spell, quickly diving away covering his ears. Even to his best efforts and abilities, he failed to block what could have been recorded as 'Equestria loudest Scream.'

Its sheer strength left him disoriented. He mental kicked himself from choosing this method but what was done was done. The scream it self didn't last long before it subsided as twilight tried to gain control of her breathing. She felt confused, no lost as she try to understand what she just did and why? Her mind felt jumbled with the conflict of emotions that are brimming in side of her. She felt scared, scared that some devilish creature just tried to kill her. But in the same sense Twilight felt her self being the creature, feeling it joy of hunting her self. Tear slowly formed as she looked around the room for a reason why. Her sights fell upon an familiar stallion, who was trying to stop the defining ringing that was now plaguing his hearing.

“W-What did you d-do to me?” Twilight asked, swiping away the lingering tears. She watched Bale as he wonder a few steps mumbling about something before turning to look directly at her.

“As I said, your now feeling a fluctuation of you emotional self...”

“Yes! I know cause I can feel it but that doesn't tell me why!” She growled at him, instantly felt like laughing at the whole statement now. There was one emotion that never changed throw out the entire moment. Fear.

“Its because you gave me that emotion, your love for Celestia. When one give up a emotion, no matter which one, his/her's mind has to adjust its self. Right now your trying to figure out how not have her as a motherly figure will change your actions. Its like you never had her compassion,” he sighed heavily, “Its very difficult to explain. Just try to relax, zen out for a sec is the only likely workable advise I can give.”

Twilight listened with curiosity and confusion. Mostly do to the fact that some were deep down she wanted to rip off the head of this insufferable stallion. The hallow feeling that swarmed her mind caused her to shiver. The fluctuations of her emotions left her feeling dizzy and slightly nauseous as well. What is going on with me? The room it self felt like it was spinning as she looked around only to shut her eyes in hope of keeping what ever wanted up from her stomach from saying hello to the floor. Her mind wandered a sec as she heard hooves steps, assuming it was the stallions and payed it no mind. Maybe he's right about trying to relax. I mean I could really use a nice hot cup of tea right now, with a nice long book, on a warm sunny day in the shade of one of the trees near the lake.

Her mussel relaxed as she imagined the perfect day of relaxation. Rarity and Fluttershy may have the spa but all she needed was a great day and even better book. With the tension leaving Twilight's mussels, the nauseous and the constant dizziness was also subsiding. Right, what do I have to be worried about? I've spent years learning magic spells and incantation along with the other junk I had to learn. Just as sentience formed in her head so did the nightmare. The image of the her Princess, her mentor, maybe even a step mother attack her out of anger and disgust. The feeling of fear was slowly returning, the fear of failing Princess Celestia, disappointing her, to cause her to cry. It felt like daggers shoved straight into her beating heart as the sheer thought of her doing that.

Why should you feel bad?

Twilight's mind halted to a stand still as those words echoed out of no where but seemed to be whispered straight into her ear. The realization of what she was feeling, the whole idea of failing her mentor, the pain she was feeling for these thought, all felt...wrong. Why should she feel bad? Because of a nightmare or even thought of causing the Princess disappointment? No. There's no logical reasoning for her to feel fear or to even feel bad. If any thing she should be proud that Twilight is finally stepping out from her role of a student. If any thing she should feel ecstatic for now she has no limits to what she could study.

With the last of the dizziness and nauseous finally leaving her and a new feeling of joy taking its place, she reopens her eyes to her room. Finding that he did move from where he once stood, Twilight gave a quick glance around her bed room as she stood up. The room it felt different as she took in its familiar features. It felt new and old, giving the sense of déjà vu from the same old bed to book shelf that stood on the opposite wall. It all most felt...like she was in some other pony's home. Her sight fell upon her desk and and the same stallion messing about it contents.

“Hey, what are-” her thought was cut of as her bedroom door busted ope the door. The simple idea of all the abuse the door had seen since an before she moved in,it was surprising that it hasn't fallen of its hinges yet. But before the idea took root though, the site of a obviously distress mare panting in the door way off setting. Her coat and mane were well maintained to a degree she instantly assumed obsessive. The droplets of sweet that hung to here overly bright white coat and purple mane seemed to shine in the light. The panic look showed in every inch of her eye's.

Just who is-

“My dear, is every thing alright?! I was speaking with spike when we hear your scream clear across town.” The white mare said trying to catch her breath.

It took Twilight a seconded to place the voice, only to realize it was Rarity. It was puzzling, why didn't she instantly reconsigned Rarity? An why dose it feel weird to find her standing in the middle of her bedroom door way? She tried to say something to her friend but found her self at a lost of words.

“Twilight are you all right? Do you still fell ill? Dear me I wish-” Rarity's voice abruptly stopped as she walked closer. Twilight caught the absence of her voice, blinked in confusion. Only realizing that Rarity was eying a particular stallion messing about her personnel desk still. Rarity only continued to stare only to briefly switched it to Twilight then back to the stallion. The gears in Twilight's head finally started to turn as a sting of panic stated to rise.

How am I going to explain him being in my house? How is Rarity going to react to him being here? Sadly what bugged her more for some reason was, why was it only Rarity who came and not any other pony in town?

“Hey, Twi, just got back from-” Rarity jumped abruptly by the the new voice to appeared just out of no where. Her gaze shot to him with a small glare.

“Spike! what, don't sneak up on me.”

“Hehe, sorry.”

A wait seemed to be lifted off her as she watched spike. The sight of him with thought harm some how put her entire bod at ease. She almost forgot about the fact Rarity barged into her room an found her with a strange tan stallion. What could she say to fix what ever misunderstanding her friend was having?

“hum, oh, we have a visitor?” The sound of Bale's brought her brain back to one hundred percent, working on a way to explain him being here, in her room, while she was supposedly sick.

I'm screwed.

“Hey, Bale, so I take it that every thing is finalized?” Spike's statement confused not only Rarity but Twilight as well. What did he finalized? Was it her agreement she made with him? But how did he know what she did? Wait! If he new then the princess could know and...strange. All she felt was strange.

“Yep, just got done signing the lease. So as soon as I get this to town hall, will be roommates.”

“Awesome!”

What?

“What?”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment