• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 302 Views, 1 Comments

A Chance Flip By Life. - kento124



What if a single event could change your life? Whit if it was a coin of all things? Would you call heads or tails?

  • ...
 1
 302

For Knowledge

By the time the words left her mouth, she instantly felt a twist in stomach form and strangely enough some weight lifted off her shoulders. She over all felt a tingly light sickening feeling as she fought to stay balance. In a heartbeat she just gave up Celestia for books? Twilight couldn't help but give a slight laugh as she sat down.

“Twilight, since this is a big thing I will give you some time to think over it. I mean-”

“If could explain more into what I would be losing then,” she cut him off in mid speech hoping to understand what she just gave up. The stallion shifted as he began to walk near the book case nearest to him. He gave a slight breath, slowly peering over the titles that laid there.

“Well I would guess the best way to explain it is to say emotions are very powerful. Any of them really,” with a slight tug with his magic, he pulled a book of the shelf and cracked it open. “You see, just like how changelings feed off of love. There's a spell that does the same thing, but even then the choice of emotion to emotions is not given.” As he spoke, the countless bookcases began to return to where ever they came from. Twilight winced as they rushed pass. By the time they were gone, the site of stallion standing just in front of her gave her a small shock.

“Yes, you see this book contains a modified version of that spell that will only remove that particular emotion for that particular pony. Now you're probably wondering why I want it. The strength of the love is what I want, not the love itself. Stronger the emotion, better the charm one could make with it. Strangely, most relationship ships I end up helping in are the one way kind.”

“That still doesn't tell me anything”

“Ok, think of it like this. The relationship between sister and her brother. They have two types of love, sibling love and just general love for each other. Take away their sibling love and they're left with the general kind. They wouldn't just out of the blue hate each other. They'll still see each other as siblings just with less love and more dirty thoughts.”

Twilight's mind tried to processes what he said but it was cut short as a floated up just in front of her face. The bland tan color of its papered bound cover seemed disappear within the her homes far wall. The title, written in bold silver lettering 'The Charm of love, With a Little Hate,' By Angle Horn and Bale Wind. As the thought registered, the book floated toward the couch, “That book has the spell you'll need.” By the time the book was placed on the couch, he quickly proceeded past her toward the door. “Just cast it and I'll take that as a yes. I'll be going to see what this Ponyville is all about.”

He passed through the thick wooden door, leavening Twilight mentally stunned. Her eyes frozen to the door still trying to understand what just happen. Her thoughts flashing from whom the stallion was to why someone would name their child Angle? But one question seemed to jump ahead the rest of her mind. She quickly looked to a near by window, “Wait, he going to look around town this late?!”

The sound of snoring caught her attention, turning to see spike peacefully sleeping on the floor just in front of the couch. The sight of him snoring on his back in some sort of bliss with only a small click in the background for noise. A strange feeling of emptiness started to fill the room. Twilight slowly slumped down, the surprising tension draining away. The encounter replaying in her head, the choice she made restating it self , 'I said yes. I said yes to leaving Celestia.'

The full weight of the choice baring down on her. Her heart seeming to ache with betrayal at her answer, with the thought of leaving her motherly teacher gave Twilight a chill through her body. Even though she felt guilty at making the decision, she soon found her eye raising up to the tan book he left. The lightly worn cover seeming to call to her. Her mind thinking as to what the book contains, what she could possibly learn from it.

With a little shakiness, Twilight slowly stood up. The guilt falling to the back of her mind as a simple thought played in her head, 'He said he'll take me performing a particular spell as a yes, so I'm still free right?' her steps became lighter with each one by the time she reached the book. Gently Twilight raised her hoof, pick up the book. 'It wouldn't hurt to look would it?' answer her own question, she turn to Spike saying, “I think there wouldn't be, if don't cast the spell he wants.”

A small grin formed as she heard Spike mumble out something she couldn't make out. Not paying much attention to how the state of the library's main floor, levitating Spike on to her back. After picking the book up in her teeth, she made her way to the staircase to her room. She entered quietly, trying not to wake Spike as she placed him in his basket near the foot of her bed. The thought of how to explain what just happened to him in the morning puzzled her. “Maybe a little reading would do me good?”

Twilight made her way to her desk sitting in the far corner of her bedroom. Stepping lightly, trying to avoid making noise. She placed the book down, pulling the chair out. It took her a minute to get comfortable in the chair be for she cracked the book opened. 'The Charm of love, With a Little Hate,' written and researched by Angle Horn and Bale Wind.' The small note on the cover page caught her attention, 'Ps. Trying to find Angle Horn or anything about him would be impossible. He went mad, so when he finished the formulas and killed somepony. I thought why let his research disappear. On that, most of the hard magic studies were done by him. I just gave him words. Enjoy.'

The note to her seemed out of place but paying little attention and pressed on.

'Welcome to the craft of love charm or any other types, which by the way is a lot. Before we dive in, I have a little warning. This magic falls into a realm that tends to change someponies. The more you would read, the more you'll understand. Most of his research was done either with or on changelings.

'There's not really much to say about them. If you know them I could help but if not, I has no reinvents then. So at this point, I extend a welcome to Alchemy of the Mother Goddess, Angus. True as her name, her connection to the chain of love and Union is hard to understand. Her true ways have been lost even before me but from what Angle found. We can slightly replicate it now.

Twilight took a pause, trying to understand what she was reading. 'What is this? None of this make any sense.' Thinking just to close the book and call the whole thing a nightmare. But the next few lines drew her attention back.

'Now to those unicorn or ponies who don't know who Angus is. The magic that you could learn in this book is call Alchemy or the magic of Druids. These 'mages' view and use magic in a way unknown to most. The magic they use is known as the 'Magic flow'. It encircles all living thing or nonliving such as other ponies, trees and pretty much everything. The energy that give unicorns their magic could be used by a Druid, no matter what kind of pony they are.'

With that last sentience, an old habit, one of her ouldest. The time slipped away through the early hours, her Snout never leaving the book. Even with Celestia sun slowly rising up or the questionable voices down stairs wondering where she's at. She stayed there, reading away.

Tiring from the endless search for somepony to follow or at least watch, finding a seat on a bench in what he thought was the town's square. As he sat there wondering why no pony was around, he leaned back and look at the sky. “Well, so that's why. For a sec, I thought I was out in so far off town in the middle of nowhere.” It wasn't till the dawning of the sun that he began to see life. A gray pegasus lifting a hat onto her head, tooting what seemed to be a mail bag. His eyes following her as she flew, swaying side to side to each of the mailboxes.

“An where can a birdy go? To fly yonder...'Hic'” What he thought was a drunk mare wandering down the street singing. Her dark pink main sticking out in strange directions. 'Seemed to be one heck of a night out.' She slowly turned her head toward the bench, suddenly stopped singing as her gaze met his. She tried to make her way toward him, just barely making it to the bench. With a grunt, she climb on the bench passing out not a few minutes later.

“Maybe I should get out more? This was just weird,” he backed away looking for something different to do.

“Colgate, easy on the cream. It tickles,”

Or at least step away from her. Out of the corner of his eye, a orange mare pulling a cart. Only stopping to brush some stray strands of her blond mane out of her face. The cart was filled with what seemed like most of the apples he's seen. 'Well an apple a day one said.' Quickly before the bench mare grumbled something else, he jumped off the bench into a sprint. As he got near, he shifted to a walk as he followed her down the main street.

The mare didn't stop, not even after meeting what Bale thought was her friends. Watching her as she waved good morning to most of the morning ponies. 'Well, good old fashion friendliness.' by the time she got to the towns local market place, the sun was well over head as he watched the mare set up her cart into a stand.

“Come in get em', fresh Sweet Apple Archer's apples for sell!” Her voice mixed in with the rest of the other vendors in the market. The tomato vendor yelling at some Stallion about price, the carrot laughing with her customer and the others yelling out deals trying to steal each others sales.

“Hm, for a small town this is a bit of cut throat.”

“Well ya, We're all trin' to nab some kind of business.” 'Oh,' he forgot that he was following the apple mare, that and he was now standing right in front of her stand. 'Better make a good impression,' he thought as he turned to meet her gaze. The sight of her emerald green eyes and her blond mane hanging just over her shoulders was simple amazing.

“Ya, ya, I know I look strange without ma hat. Laugh it up.”

“What, you wear a hat? Why? You look beautiful like that,” taking a step closer, Bale leaned forward till his head was at ear distance. “I think the vendor of the carrot stand, has been eying you with interest since you got here.”

“W-what?” she drew back, her cheeks slightly crimson.

“Its all good with love.” He stated as he pulled himself back standing in front of her stand. Levitating a Ten bits out of his hoody pocket, placing them into a jar that sat near the far end of the stand. “I'll take two of the green, got a appointment to keep. Good luck with the affection.” Before she could say any thing, he made his way to the direction, where he thought that Twilight girl lived. Applejack was left in a daze by the experience, stealing a slight glance of Carrot top. Soon as Carrot top met her gaze, she quickly broke it off trying to call for more customers.

“Who in tarnation was that stallion?”


“Spike! Spike!” she yelled after scanning the library shelf's for the fifth time.

“Twilight, I'm right her-”

“Where is the basic of magical theory? The one by Star Swarl the Bearded.”

“Twilight, you've been up since-”

“Spike, where is the book.” She didn't even bother to look at him. Twilight knew sooner or later he would cave. 'With all that I can learn form this book, why can't he just...' she stopped in mid thought as Spike was standing next her with a book. Its blue covered and childish poss of a blue bearded unicorn on the cover was hardly a novelists book. “Thank you Spike.”

“No problem,” Twilight noted his less than enthusiastic response. But before she could say something, the sound of a opening and closing of a door caught her attention. 'I put the close sign and a note that said I was sick. Who would come bother me?' She slammed the book she was reading which, caused Spike to jump.

“Spike, can you go see who just came in please?”

“S-sure Twilight, no problem.” The sound of spikes heading out of her room and down the stairs seemed to relive stress that was built up from her research. No matter where she looked, be it in the magical teaching or Equestria history, there wasn't a single reference to the magic spells or incantations that were in the book that stallion gave her. The hours of searching had began to push her to desperation, the young filly section. She levitated the book Spike found in front of her. Giving a deep sigh, Twilight opened it.

“My, you do have a inner child? I wouldn't have guessed that.” Twilight instantly spun around, hoping out of her by doing so. Launching the book she was reading at her surprised visitor. Like before it flew right through him, slamming into the far wall of her bed room. “Okay, we already found that doesn't work. So why?” He asked as he glanced behind him toward the book. Twilight's relaxed soon as she reconsigned who was standing in front of her.

“So your back. Um, I was surprised?” He just shrugged his shoulders, levitating a green apple he was eating. A another apple appeared from behind his back, being levitated over towards her.

“Here. I think you can used this more than me.” Without even thinking she accepted it. As she took a bite, the sour taste of the apple was all to familiar. It was a Green Granny Apple from Sweet Apple Achr. Twilight could hear him giggling, looking annoyed at him. He pointed toward a mirror that sat upon her dresser. “You must of just woke up hungry. As the saying goes; A apple a day, keeps the doctor away.”

As she approached the mirror, the sight of her appearance would have Rarity faint. Her eyes were completely blood shoot, the bags that formed under her eyes added ten years to her completion. Her main was sticking out in all directions, like she was just thrown into a twister. 'At lest I don't need make up.' Just now realizing what she looked like, she bolted to the bathroom. 'Oh dear Celestia, they both saw me like this,' she thought embarrassingly as she ran a brush through her main. 'Wait, if he was...'

Twilight throw opened the bathroom door, looking for that stallion. She found him looking over the her notes that laid out on the desk. He raised his head to her abrupt entrance, putting a hoof over his mouth trying not to laugh.

“What did you do to Spike?!”

“He's fine. Just sent him off help who ever Rarity is. Lord, the thoughts he has fore her.” As her mind conjured up a mental image of what it could have been. She instantly blushed a bright crimson.

“What?! No! I didn't need to hear that. Ah, the thought alone i-is...”

“Wow, you have such a dirty mind,” he said, falling to the ground laughing outrageously. Twilight was so red that her face look like it was on fire. She backed up back into the bathroom slamming the door. The sheer strength she used, made the lamp that was siting on her nightstand to fall and crash on the floor. 'Dear Celestia, I wish to disappear' she thought as she assumed the fetal position.

He was trying his hardest to breath between laughs, falling horribly as it began to sound like he was gagging. Only when his eye fell upon a glass vile that was sitting on, what was her private library shelf. Bale calmed him self down getting to his hooves, walking toward the shelf. As he examined the dark gray liquid that it contained, a kind smile formed on his lips.

“Well done Twilight.” He turn and headed toward the bathroom door. He stopped just in front, giving the door a knock. “Hey, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I teased you to much. It's been like five hundred years or so since I've actually talk to anypony. And even long since I had a conversation that lasted more than five minutes. Look I'll even tell something embarsing about my self. Okay? ”

Twilight listened to his apology, sniffling and wiping away a stray tear. After waiting a minute, she slowly got up and stood in front of the bathrooms mirror. 'Can't go looking like I was just mauled by a Manicore' she thought as she finished fixing her main. By the time she was done making herself look presentable, she hesitated just in front of the door. A idea formed in her mind.

“So what was you most embarrassing moment?” 'I'll get him back one way or another'

“Um, well, it had to do with and drunk aristocrat,” she took his pause as a good sign.

“And?”

“Okay, it was about seven hundred years or so ago. It was at a festival of the seasons, it was for the coming spring festival. She wished for a kid.”

“A kid? How is that embarrassing?”

“Well, she wished a kid from me, as me be the dad. I was a bit weird out by that and said no but.”

“but?”

“She tried to rape me. I mean for being the only one that could fiscally touch me. She wanted sex and a simple no didn't work. So she cased me around the festival trying. By the time she corner me, it got a bit steamy. The thing was I ended up on a pro-former's stage by then and well it was far from sound or sight proof...” As he trailed of, the gears in twilight's mind began to turn.

“So you did it in front of a crowd?!”

“No! The local guards stopped it before any thing. Her father made a assassination order for my head and she lust after me even then. I held up my end, so do you expect my apologies then?” Twilight gave herself a small congratulations laugh, hopefully not loud enough for him to hear. She opened the door looking like her old self, or in this situation, something like it.

“Yes I do.” A smile appeared on his mouth, it sent a strange feeling through her.

“Awsome, so getting to the point. You did that spe-”

“Yes, I wanted to asked you about that. Why was it a spell to make a potion?”