• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 302 Views, 1 Comments

A Chance Flip By Life. - kento124



What if a single event could change your life? Whit if it was a coin of all things? Would you call heads or tails?

  • ...
 1
 302

Well, There's Gose Poker

“So where do I begin?” Bale raised hoof just under his chin, mimicking deep thought. He eyed twilight out of the corner of eye, seeing her give him an irritated look.

“How about,” she paused, turning to the bookshelf that held the potion. Without any effort, she levitated the potion off the shelf, across the room toward her. “What exactly did I make? Why is it gray? What is it for-”

“Okay now, lest start with one question at a time.” As he moved to cut her off, Bale could of sworn he saw Twilight grinning. “Now, what you made with the spell is a love transfer potion.”

Twilight just blinked at his statement, 'Love Transfer potion?'

“Right, it's effects is to drain love. The spell it self that you preformed, refined which love it would take.” 'So that's explains the two pages of footnotes and reference pages for them.'

“So I'm to assume that gray was meant as neutral then?”

“Truth be told, I don't know.” he stated, giving a chuckle.

Twilight's mind sputtered for a sec, “Wait, then why-”

“Gray? I really don't know.” He noticed the book sitting just on the edge of desk. Walking towards it, “As you well know I did most, well, actually all the writing. By the time he finished making the spell that resided in here,” he said, taping the book with a a hoof. “He kind of lost his mind.”

“Wait, I read that note. Who was Angle horn?” Twilight wondered about the unicorn, mostly out of the thought, If he was capable of this what else did he do, what creations did he make? The sheer idea of a pony just as wise him existed her and thrilled her to the possibility of more.

“Um,” Twilight notice a slight change in his demented. His shoulders slumped a bit, the smile he had wavered, and what she thought was regret in his eyes. It seemed she hit a sore spot. “You've read the note right?” twilight nodded. “Yeah, he did go mad. I mean, all the work and studies in this field of magic were astounding. But messing with this, even worse failing and being hit by the rebound messed with his head,” as he finished, his eyes drifted to the book.

“I showed him this magic's possibility, its raw power.” The tone of voice he gave was cold, drained of all emotion. “Out of a deal of course,” he finished, meeting twilight's eyes.

“What kind of deal.” She couldn't help but asked.

“The same as yours,” as those words left his mouth, he heat skipped a beat. The look in his eyes was...cheerful? “Ha ha! Now that look was priceless.” He suddenly burst into laughter, slumping forward, failing to stay up right. The emotion of fear was giving way to anger, shutting her eyes in hope she wouldn't do what she was thinking. While catching a glance of the slowly enraging Twilight, he quickly quiet down his laughter.

“Now, now, it was only a joke!”

“So what happened then?”

“He did go crazy, like coo-coo nut-bag crazy. It was around the time he wrote the emotional control section of his book. You see, a recoil from one of those spells have a good chance to shatter ones mind. Sadly to say, by the time I came upon his book, his mind was gone.” A ting of sadness pulled at Twilight's heart. 'All that he could accomplish, gone.'

“So, what become of him?” She notice the same shift in character from before, she wasn't going to let him get a hooves up on her again. The book rose slightingly from her desk, disappearing in a flash of light.

“His foot notes made no sense, it would go on about doing something with a chicken or some kind of bird.” The depressing tone of his voice seemed to match what she was feeling. “By the time I meet Angle again, his mind was beyond gone. His wished to know ones mind so, I pointed him in that direction. I personally, don't think its my fault that he went off and killed a pony because of it.”

“Wait, he killed a pony?” she asked, trying to process the sheer idea of a pony killing another pony. The idea alone was Disturbing, the thought it happened was sicking.

“Yeah, he kidnapped a young stallion and proceed to do something. Something I wish not to repeat.” he shifted his gaze over to a window, it seemed like he was sad about what happened. She soon snapped out of her sad mood with a single thought, He's probably trying play some kind of joke again. Not this time buddy.

“What was the stallions name? What happened after the...murder?” She hopped that the questions weren't to much. Twilight still had some reserves about the whole contract thing, she still even doubt that he's even old than Celestia. He gave a heavy sigh before he began to speak again.

“Well the royal guard found him and...the kidnapped stallion. The stallions name was Silver Hoof or was it Iron Hoof? He was later convicted for first degree murder. Celestia in all her wisdom was beyond and realm of mercy an sentence him to life but before he could be sent off, he escaped or tried to. He injured several guards and attacked Celestia. She ended up killing him.”

His whole statement made her stomach turn. It was impossible, Celestia doesn't kill any pony. She even removed the death penalty, only giving life in prison as the highest punishment. There hasn't even been a murder or a war for the last thousands hundred years. Twilight kept he self composed, trying not to let her disbelief show. The sound of him clearing his throat pulled her attention back to him.

“Lets change topics shall we?” he said taking the potion away from her. “You see, the potion work like this; it will drain the motherly love you have for Celestia. After that, you will only feel a connection to the Princess only as a friendly level. Any questions so far?” Twilight stared at him with a blank look before shacking her head. “Awesome, now as I said before. Drinking this is like signing a contract. You will become my apprentice and cut off Celestia as a teacher. You'll the proceeded to finish a particular spell and work with me for ten years. So do you accepted these conditions?”

He levitated the potion up to her face. 'This is it, do this and it becomes permanent.'

“There's no going back is there?”

'Nope. You'll disconnect Princess Celestia from your life.'

Its when the reality of that thought hit, the uneasiness in her stomach increased ten fold. Her balance began to waver as she try to maintain her balance. She nearly fell to the floor, only thing that was stopping her was her two front hooves she locked in place. Twilight's back legs weren't so lucky, buckling under her as her plot hit the floor.

Her eyes locked on the potion, on the very liquid that was sealed inside. Its dull was the center of her thoughts. If she drank this, a whole new world of knowledge would be open to her but she will lose something in return. 'Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.'

“You know, it's all rig-” he stopped speaking as twilight balanced on her hunches. Her front hooves quickly garbed the potion, yanking it away from his magical grip. Bale watch as she proceeded to chug the entire concoction down to its last drops. Only then did she drop the the glass vile. The sound of it hitting the floor echoed through out her bedroom. 'Weird' she thought looking toward Bale again.

“Well...I would have recommended.... tooo sslloo...” His voice became waving and deep, she tried to forces on what he was saying but completely failed to. She almost fail to notice the wall be hind him wall slowly morphing, turning into a strange shape. She looked about trying to figure out what was going on. Her bedroom looked to be melting, pieces of the ceiling and walls were oozing down toward the floor. She started freak out , turning to bale in some hope of finding out what was happening.

She found him sinking into the floor, fighting to stay afloat. She tried to move toward him but found her back legs were stuck in the floor. Twilight's heart was beating even faster now as she tried to free her self. In her her panic to free her self, a sicking crunching sound caught her attention. Her sight came back to the wall, finding it had began to move toward her. Her fear was in full swing now as she watched a head had began to form.

With each second that passed, the more she struggled. The head was inching its way over, slowly forming ears, eyes, nose and a horn. It extended a part of it self to construct a snout, “tummight.” Her heart skipped as she heard it hummed something. In a burst of new fear set in, she ripped her back leg out of the floor. The pain that shoot through her was nearly unbelievable as she scrambled backwards away from the pony shaped head.

“tummight,” it hummed again as she tried to get away. She felt something solid hit her back, turning to see it was one of her bedroom walls. The wood on the floor reformed and lock her hooves in the floor once more. She struggled in vain to free her self, only looking ahead as a new noise began. She watched a the he began to rip, the sound was horrible. It was as if its skin was tearing it self apart. Twilight watched in horror as its mouth began to take shape, reveling rows of sharp, jagged teeth.

“Why, Twiiiliiight?” Even in fear, its voice sound familiar. The kind genital tone replaced with one of anger and sadness. The features on its face seemed more defined now, more well know to her. It was then her heart stopped.

“Celestia?”

“Why TWILIGHT! Did you go” She was frozen in fear as the head drew closer. She was too stunned to even speak. “WHY!” Celestia yelled, stretching her jaw to a sickening degree. The head launched it self towards twilight. All she could do was scream.




Twilight bolted straight up, screaming with all the air her lungs held. She lasted for a good minute before trying to breath. The air she breathed in was stale, making it hard to swallow. Something fell just in view, from her head. It was a slightly damp rage. Before she could wander why it was on her head, there was a clicking sound. Twilight snapped her head in the direction of the noise, finding Spike standing out just behind a door.

“Oh, Twilight, your awake! Great, I made something for you to eat.” the sight of Spike standing there confused her, it confused her even more that he was holding a tray of Hay Fry's and a Dandelion sandwich. It was then she noticed that she was in her own bed room which made her heart beat a bit faster. “You've been asleep for two days now, I was getting worried when you'll wake up.”

“T-two days,” she said realizing her throat was significantly raw, making it hard to talk.

“Yeah, you were screaming in your sleep the whole time. I had the local Doctor come by and check up on yo. He said you developed a terrible fever and to stay in bed for the next few days.” he said, walking toward her bed. He placed the tray down on the night stand that sat next to her bed. She eyed the food with hunger till a thought crossed her mind. 'A fever? I don't remember being sick.'

“It scared me and Rarity nearly to death when we found you past out on the floor. She tended to you as I ran to grab the Doctor.” She gave him a smile and a kind nod. He brought an arm up to the back of his head, “He-he, yeah, I better go see Rarity. She wanted me to find her when you woke up. I better get going.”

Twilight eyed Spike as he made his way out of her room. She wonder if what happened was a dream. Her gaze turned from the door to the desk, finding that it was cleared. Before she could question why, a figure's shadow loomed over her right side. She snapped to her right, finding that same stallion standing there.

“Well then, good morning there sunshine.” Her mouth hung open, she astonished by the sight that stood before her. The same stallion stood there, with the same tan coat, the same blue hoody, the same charming smile. The only difference was that his hood was down this time. His deep purple color of his eyes contrasted amazingly with his short banged cut ocean blue main. The slightly toned features of his face seemed simple marvelous to Twilight.

“Am I really that ugly?” She instinctively shock her head. He looked away for a sec with what she thought was him blushing. “All right,” He said clearing his throat, levitating a small shot glass with what look to be some strange green colored liquid in it. “You should drink this before you eat. It'll help with your painful throat.” Being half groggy and sore, she half mindfully accepted the drink. As soon as the shot content touched her tong, she was instantly hit with a wave of disgust.

A vile taste of Seawater mix regurgitated grass with a splash high grain Buck Daniels. The liquid it self mange to enter her stomach but with thought causing her to gag and cough horrible. It was then her stomach began to twist in pain, as what ever she just drank bubbling away. She had the sicking notion of throwing up just then, only realizing it past as quickly at it came. It was confusing, she felt the exact same before she drank that vile liquid. As though nothing has changed in the slightest.

“What did I just drink?” She thought out loud, just noticing that she could now speak comfortable without her throat hurting.

“A small potion that cures a terrible sore throat.”

“What happened? Spike said I was out screaming for two day straight?” 'there couldn't have been anything wrong with the potion. I preformed the spell correctly and I used the higher end of ingredients to make it.'

“Yes, that was my fault I'm afraid. I forgot to warn you to only lightly sip at it. It has a hell of a kick back, creating a horrific nightmare to the straight of the emotion that is taken away. I do say that your motherly love for Celestia was strong indeed.”

A wave of relief washed over her, hearing that what she just went through was a dream. A very frightening dream but a dream no less. The was a slight grumble as her stomach complained of it emptiness. He gave a slight chuckle, causing her to look away a little bit embarrassingly. It wasn't till her eyes landed on the food tray that stood on her nigh stand that a particular questioned formed. 'Why did Spike act so...normal and how was she...'

“So, what was your name again?”

“Bale Wind or Shadow, what ever you prefer.”

“Mister Bale, why did Spike act like the past couple of day were normal?” The cheerful look that adored his face, disappeared at Twilight's cold words. He tried to say something but the stare he got from her caused him to fumble the thought. “Just what did you do?”