• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 1,036 Views, 21 Comments

The Disarray Trilogy Part 1: Of Harmony and Chaos - Ink Blotch



Discord's legacy resurfaces to challenge Twilight Sparkle's and friends abilities and faith.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,036

Epilogue

The Disarray Trilogy

Part one: Of Harmony and Chaos

Written by Walker “Ink Blotch” Holden

Epilogue

In the heart of the mystical land of Equestria lay the small town of Ponyville. Within Ponyville, atop of a small puffy white cloud, sat a light blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane, looking with pride at the beautiful day that had been her own doing.

“Just another job well done by Rainbow Dash!” the cocky Pegasus exclaimed, continuing to look at her work. “Yep, don’t know what Ponyville would do without me. I guess I just have to--

HEY!”

At that moment a cloud had lazily drifted over town and was threatening to cause shade on it. “Oh no you don’t!” Faster than a bolt of lightning, Dash had already flown to the cloud and pulled her arm back ready to deliver a devastating blow to the cloud. “This’ll show you to cross The Dash! Eeyup still has that ring to it.”

With the force of a stampeding buffalo, Rainbow launched her attack to the cloud. Without looking at her target’s fate, Rainbow brought her hoof up to smooth back her mane. “Yep, just goes to show you when you mess with the Pegasus you get the-- huh?” It was now that Rainbow noticed that the cloud was stuck to her hoof and mane, and also that but the cloud was pink.

Rainbow Dash growled in annoyance. “This again! I thought I told him to stop.”

Rainbow sighed and glided down into the park. She sat on the park bench and made to pull the cotton candy from her mane but to no avail. “Ok I need to think.” She thought out loud.

Rainbow closed her eyes and counted to three. When she opened her eyes she was met with a pair of red eyes.

“I would advise you to move your arse NOW!”
“Wha!” Rainbow screamed in startlement. Rage was standing in front of her in his police recruit uniform. The uniform was a standard one; blue denim with a hole on the flank where the cutie mark would be if Rage had one and a blue cap.

“Don’t do that Rage! You scared me.” How Rage had passed the background check to Ponyville police academy nopony not even Monarch knew.

Rage chuckled “Always happy to protect and startle. Now you really should move.”

“Oh yeah? Why?” Rainbow Dash’s patience was wearing thin.

“Well… Aw it’s nothing. Hehe. Come on I’ll help you get rid of that cotton candy.”

Rainbow gave an incredulous look. “Uh… Thanks but I don’t feel comfortable letting any pony chew on my mane.”

Rage looked confused for a second but then smiled and said “I'm only one eighth Pinkie Pie. Chewing on your hair is not my initial response to this situation.”

Rainbow was suspicious of Rage’s sudden change of character but graciously accepted. Rage lead her through the park to the fountain. On the way they passed other ponies who saw the two and fought back giggles. When they got to the fountain Dash dipped her hair and hoof into the water and Rage scooped water into her mane washing the cotton candy out. With his help it took no time to get it out but still ponies were giggling as they went by. Now Rainbow was curious what was everypony laughing at? Then she saw it. In her reflection all along her back was a white stripe of paint.

Rage lost it and laughed at her face. “I-I told you that you shouldn’t have sat on the bench.”

Rainbow shoved Rage into the fountain. He sat in the fountain soaked but kept laughing. Rainbow had had enough and took off to find Silver Lining so she could take some of her anger out on him. After gliding over Ponyville she found what she was looking for: A moderately sized house that looked like any other in Ponyville except for one difference. Some of the windows on the upper left hand room were smashed or boarded up. Rainbow went to the closest window but before she could tap on the window to call its inhabitant there was an explosion from within blasting off the remains of the windows and boards and sending Rainbow backwards. When she re-orientated herself she looked back to the window and saw a soot covered unicorn gasping for air with smoke billowing behind him.

“*cough* Well now I *cough* know what happens when I cast that spell on those chemicals. Oh hi Rainbow.”

Monarch attempted to smooth out his hair but it made little difference. Since he had succumbed to the part of Discord within him he had started experimenting with various spells, chemicals, plants, etc. for no real reason other than to find out what would happen. His hair had become shorter and burnt at the ends from negative outcomes of experiments. His tail was still the same length though but had somehow gotten an orange highlight that he refused to say how he had gotten it.

“What can I *cough* do you for?”

“Well I was wondering if Silver was in I need to talk to him.”

Monarch sighed “What is it this time? Does it have to do with my accidentally made virus that causes the same effects of poison joke?”

“No I- Wait your what now?”

“Erm, nothing. Anyway he’s not at Pinkie’s she was just here letting me borrow some… stuff to from her.”

Rainbow did not even want to know what the self declared scientist was doing. “Well thanks anyways I guess I’ll go check his usual hiding spots.”

“Ok I’ll tell him that you want to see him if- OH DISCORD THE FUNGUS HAS SPREAD!”
Monarch ran into his room to combat whatever monstrosity he had spawned. Rainbow could only stare and thought “That’s what I was afraid of a few months ago?

Rainbow glided off hearing sounds of spell casting behind her. The first place she checked for the rouge weather team member was his usual spot in the well. Rainbow pulled up the bucket and sure enough found Silver Lining asleep in the bucket. She flopped the unconscious Pegasus onto the ground.

“He could at least try to find more places to hide…” Rainbow thought out loud. “Silver, Hey Silver wake up!”

Silver Lining continued to snore.
“Oh for Celestia’s sake… Hey Silver I’ve got some hay fries I wanna share.”


Silver Lining sat straight up eyes wide and bright. He twisted his head back and forth searching for the proposed snacks. When his gaze met Rainbow Dash’s stern stare his smile faded slightly.

“Oh hi Rainbow.” Silver said slightly nervously.

“Two things. One: During work hours as my subordinate you are to refer to me as Ms. Dash or The Dash. Two: During work hours you are to WORK!”

Silver Lining hoofed the ground nervously. “Uh, yeah I was working but I took my lunch break-”
“Its nine forty-five.” Rainbow said.

“Anyway I conjured a cotton candy cloud to eat and I guess I fell asleep.”

“At the bottom of a well?” Rainbow asked sarcastically.

“Yes, I mean I fell down the well when I- I am not helping myself am I?”

Rainbow shook her head.

“Well at least I cleared the south clouds like I was supposed too. In fact why did you look for me if my work for the morning is done?”

“You let some of your ‘lunch’ get away.”

“Those clouds are going to be the death of me someday.”

“Look you are really good with clouds but you have got to stop making those cotton candy clouds. They mess with everything and they can’t be destroyed easily. So either keep tabs on them or don’t make them. Ok?”

Silver sighed and said “Ok Rai- Ms. Dash.”

With a smug smile Rainbow said “Good, now go clean up the north sky. I hear that a cold front might be coming through.”

“Yes Ms. Dash.” He said unenthusiastically.


Silver Lining spread his wings and took off to the north to take care of the cold front. When he was gone Rainbow chuckled to herself and said “Well looks I get the rest of the morning off.”

“That isn’t very nice Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow looked over her shoulder and saw Twilight Sparkle standing there with a saddlebag full of books.

“Oh hi Twilight, and before you say anything in my defense this is the third time this month that Silver has pulled something like this.”

“The clouds or the slacking off?”

“Both.”

“Ah. Ok then”

Rainbow thought for a moment and then asked Twilight. “Hey Twilight you know how the princess gave you Discord’s manual for those guys.”

“Yes and?”

“Well…Does it have a spell to make Silver Lining… I don’t know less Silver Lining?”

Twilight sighed. “No Rainbow Dash and even if there were I wouldn’t use it. Would you want to be the one to explain to Pinkie what happened to her coltfriend?”

Rainbow did not need to think of that for long. “Um no. Changing the subject away from awkward what

have you found out in that book?”

Twilight pulled the notebook with the cube on it from her bag and levitated it in front of her.“Well it’s hard to say. Most of the book is in ancient unicornian and I can’t really test them without some risk. But I have been able to decipher a lot. I found a section on language control, the immobilization spell Celestia cast and a list of names.”

“Names?” Asked Rainbow Dash. “What are they for?”

“I don’t know. Some have crosses threw them, some don’t and then some have check marks next to them… I think that they might be Discord’s ‘failures’”

This got Rainbow’s attention. “Really? What kind of names are they?”

“Well” Began Twilight. “There’s Harvest Moon, Grey Hoof, Cobble, Water Lily, Starlet the list goes on.”

“Wow I never thought Discord would name them all.”

“Neither did I. We really don’t know what Discord was like all those years ago.” Twilight thought of what it must have been like. “Living forever watching your friends and family pass away. Only Celestia and his work to keep him company. It was no wonder he went insane.”

“Yeah I guess. But then what makes his creations insane?” Asked Rainbow.

“What do you mean?”

“Monarch’s science lab.”

“Oh yeah. We need to get him out of the house more don’t we?”

Rainbow smiled mischievously. “Maybe he needs a fillyfriend. You could help him with that.”

Twilight looked confused. “What do you me- Oh! No, no, no. Monarch is not my type. He’s only my friend.”

Rainbow continued to give Twilight a mischievous smile. “Oh really Twilight? Then what is your type?”

Twilight blushed. “Rainbow! I don’t want to talk about this now.”

“Oh fine.”

Twilight feeling that the conversation was starting to get awkward decided now would be a good time to leave her friend for now. “Well Rainbow I need to go but I’ll talk with you later.”

“Yeah ok Twilight I guess I should head back to Silver. It wasn’t very cool of me to have him go by himself.”
“That’s very mature of you Rainbow.”

“Plus if I hurry he will still be half asleep and I can scare the feathers off of him!” She chuckled to herself.

“That’s less mature.”

Rainbow laughed flying off to the north.








Hi everypony! This is the great and powerful INK BLOTCH! I just wanted to thank everypony for their support while I made this fan fiction. I especially want to thank my friends for their support and help while I wrote with the Disarray brothers. Since then I have grown on the brother’s back story and am looking forward to continuing to write on their past present and future. Once again thank you all. Now I still have about one thousand words to reach the minimum length requirement so I thought that the following short story would be interesting.

In The Blink Of An Eye.

(Monarch’s Cutie Mark)

“Now Sleep.”

Discord snapped his fingers and the small unicorn colt sitting in the bed in front of him eyes began to droop.

“Daddy I don’t think I can do it.”

“Hush now. I made you to be able to do it.”

The colt desperately tried to stay awake. “But I-”

“No buts, bottoms or rumps! You can do it I know you can and remember take care of your brothers.”

The colt losing consciousness fought to stay awake. The last thing he saw was his father shedding a tear.
The little unicorn blinked, when his eyes opened his father was gone.

“Daddy?”

He recoiled at the sound of his own voice. It was deeper and darker than it had been a moment before. Also his hair, his hair was over his eyes. It had been only a couple of inches long now it was in his eyes.
He attempted to get off from his bed recalling that he had needed help to get on. He stepped off without a sinch.

It came back to him. Daddy had explained the process. “But” He thought aloud. “I didn’t understand then why do I understand now?”

Then like a flood of a tsunami knowledge came into his mind.

The process of flash aging-Star Swirl the bearded possibly one of the greatest minds hold Rubik Cube-two plus two does not equal fish-to make a satisfying cesar salad-E=MC2-Commander Hurricane’s ruthless tactics won over many wars-All you have to do is take a cup of flower-Allonsy means lets go-King Concentus while appearing a just ruler lusted for the takeover of Raptorn-Never go into Everfree forest if your life depended on it-Ponyville was founded by the Apple family and Dirty Rich-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-up up down down left right left right B A start-A+B=C-If you put a cat in a box- Never go into Everfree forest if your life depended on it-Never break a Pinkie promise-Twilight Sparkle can be your best friend or worst enemy-Applejack would die for her kin-Nightshade berries are one of the most potent natural poisons-Mother rocs are extremely protective of their young.

The colt sat there gasping for breath his mind full of fresh knowledge staring at his reflection from a mirror covered in a layer of dust.

He now knew what he was, why he was and where he was. He also knew what he needed to do. He took in his surroundings. He was standing in a triangular shaped room in each corner there was a bed. Each third of the room was decorated differently. One corner was painted blue and small puffy white clouds drifted lazily from one side to the other. In the center was a larger cloud with a blue pegasus sprawled out on it. The other corner was more like normal bedroom. The walls were painted white and two windows existed by the bed. These windows were enchanted to display a false image of outside. The bed was a plain one and under its sheets an earth pony slept face down.

Finally his own corner was much more luxurious. The kind of place that most unicorns lavished in. Before he had blinked he had found the gold and ruby swirls on his walls pretty to look at and would usually stare at them for times on end. Now he found the colors too flashy and wished for something more subtle.

He shook his head “No. I have to get to work.

He turned to the others. This was his first test, he would have to awaken the both of them and make them acknowledge him as their leader. He had known them before. Both had been babies before and would most likely not recognize him now. But he had no choice.

Slowly he approached the slumbering earth pony. Unsettling dust as he walked. Halfway there he stopped. “What do I call him? What do I call myself?

He stood there with a blank mind. Suddenly a single thought crossed his mind “Wisdom” He said aloud. It wasn’t a great or good name but it would have to work.

Wisdom made his way to the pony’s bedside. Gazing upon his brown face and red hair memories of those days in the nursery came back. Wisdom had watched as the earth pony had smashed the building block creations of the day older pegasus who sobbed for his older brother to help him. Wisdom had only watched, he knew not what to do.
Coming back to the present Wisdom thought to himself. “I'm supposed to be a leader. How? I don’t know how to be one.

Wisdom looked once more at the sleeping pony in front of him. He remembered his father's parting words. “Take care of your brothers

He didn’t know how to be a leader but he would have to be. For their sake. He raised a hoof over his brother's body considering the best way to awaken him. He shook his brother’s body semi-vigorously.

This seemed to work; slowly the pony’s eyes opened revealing deep red eyes. Half opened they glared at Wisdom almost piercing the soul. There was a moment of silence both looked into each others eyes waiting for one of them to make a move.

The earth pony punched Wisdom in the face causing him to topple backwards. When he restabled himself and massaged his face he looked to the pony to find he had rolled over and gone back to sleep.

Wisdom was in slight shock from what had just happened. He glared back at the earth pony’s unconscious body with anger. “That little brat!” Wisdom wanted no more to do with the pony for now. Instead he trotted to the blue painted side of the room. The pegasus had always looked up to Wisdom. Always a smile on his face humming a little tune to himself. Now the same pegasus was sprawled out on a cloud before him snoring loudly.

Wisdom attempted the same method as he had on the earth pony. The pegasus remained asleep. Wisdom shook a little harder to no avail. Finally Wisdom shook him so hard that the pegasus fell off of his cloud and onto the floor. He was still sleeping. Wisdom looked at the pegasus with astonishment.
he returned to his corner to think of what to do. As he sat on his bed again Wisdom considered his situation. “Ok I am a genetically engineered pony with his brothers. We are to release Discord so that he can release us from our military hold. I am their leader and it is my responsibility to formulate a plan for us to succeed. In order to do this I must make them accept me as their leader. Otherwise we will-Oh Discord I'm starving!” Wisdom had not noticed it before but now the feeling was present in his gut. He needed to find food.

One more look about the room yielded a door in between where the walls went from gold and ruby to blue. Wisdom went to it and pushed it open. Once through Wisdom was in a hallway with doors lining both sides. He stepped to the closest door and made to open it. The door would not budge; locked. Wisdom knew he could try magic but if Discord had not wished for him to enter this room there was no point in trying.
The next room he tried was much more fruitful. Literally. The room was a cupboard filled with fruits, vegetables, cereals, canned goods and a magic fueled hotplate. Wisdom took an armful of assorted cans, a bushel of apples, a pot and the hot plate.

Carrying his loot back to the room Wisdom continued to think about what to do. “What makes a leader?

He continued to ask this question to himself while he made his meal; canned minestrone. To bide his appetite he munched on an apple. “What makes a leader?” He thought aloud. “What makes a leader?”

“Maybe sharing food with other ponies?”

Wisdom’s heart nearly stopped. He had been so in his thoughts he had not noticed the pegasus had made it from his bed all the way to across from Wisdom and his cooking soup.

Before Wisdom could respond the pegasus was talking again. “Sorry didn’t mean to scare you but I smelled that food and it woke me up. It’s so weird but yesterday I couldn’t talk or walk but now I can do both do you know what could have happened? Oh wait I remember you now! You’re the orange one I like you! You are a lot better than the brown one. He always was mean to me. Is he here? Oh yeah I see him now over there. How long have you been up? I haven’t been up that long. Now then back to the important matter. Do you mind if I have some of that? And maybe an apple or two or three? Hey I can count! One, two, three, four, five, si-”

“SHUT UP! JUST SHUT THE TARTARUS UP!” The earth pony was sitting straight up in his bed hooves over his ears.

This was all happening so fast for Wisdom a few minutes ago he had wanted nothing more than for the two to awaken but now he had no idea what to do.

The pegasus gave an honest smile and happily chirped “Aw what’s the matter? I'm just talking. It is amazing what noises I can make with my mouth besides words.” The pegasus started making all sorts of noises with his mouth sticking out his tongue, blowing up his cheeks and snorting his nose.

The earth pony was not amused. “What the tartarus is that supposed to be?”

“Oh come on can’t you smile?”

“I can smile just fine I just don’t want to look like an idiot like you!”
Wisdom looked on to the ensuing chaos. All he could do was watch.

No” He thought. “I can do so much more!

The two squabbling ponies were still going at it but something was growing in Wisdom. He did not know what it was but it was about to burst. He caught it before it got out and he took it for his own. He was calm and composed. He knew this was his element.

Rising to his hooves Wisdom looked to his brothers. They had yet to notice him. “BLISS! RAGE!” Both brothers stopped and looked to Wisdom. He had no idea where the names had come from but that was what the both of them were called now. “Both of you stop your bickering and listen to me.”

Both brothers sat down and were silent. “Now then. My name is Wisdom and I am your brother and leader. If the both of you want to survive I advise that you listen to me.”

Wisdom let out a breath. Both of his brothers were still silent and stared at him. He did not know what to expect from either of them. All he knew was that he had done right by himself.

The brown pony glared at Wisdom for a moment and then said sarcastically “What would you have us do oh great and powerful leader?”

Wisdom smiled and glanced down to his flank where he saw a newly formed cutie mark of a golden crown. “Well” he said. “I have a few ideas.”

Comments ( 1 )

That was a good story. I especially like the way you made the story follow everything that happened in the show, but filled in all the gaps with your own elements. I'm interested to see where you take this in the next part.

Login or register to comment