• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 9,931 Views, 817 Comments

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - AnnonyMouse



Sweetie Belle attends Hogwarts... What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • ...
35
 817
 9,931

Chapter Thirty Seven

Disclaimer: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro. Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling. This is a free fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, services or goods.

Please refrain from commenting on any spelling and / or grammatical errors. Rather, PM me and I will see to fixing them in due time, thank you. For more information, see my profile.

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
37

Sweetie Belle spun in circles in excitement before she skidded to a stop, making a few extra spins. Her eyes spun for a few moment longer before they focused on her cutie mark.

It was the most amazing mark she'd ever seen before, and not because it was HER cutie mark.

A soft pink pair of 'ribbons' made the shape of a heart, intertwining with the light lavender cloud and soft blue moon. A green star that matched her eyes floated in the middle of it all.

"I got my cutie mark..." She was so happy, and tears were in her eyes.

Luna knelt down, examining the mark in amazement. "Such a complex cutie mark..." She admired the star and the moon especially. In a way, it reminded her of her own. "I would love to learn more about it, but we need to go after Adalade Crouch. If she is the one who somehow took Radiant Heart away, then we have no more time to waste."

Sweetie Belle nodded, as did Tumult.

Phineas just crossed his arms and looked away. "Good luck."

"Oh, you are coming with us young man." McGonagall snapped at the boy, causing him to flinch.

"Y-yes Headmistress McGonagall." He knew better than to act out in front of her. He looked back at Sweetie Belle. He wanted to hate her, to make her life hell.

Yet for some reason, seeing her so happy at getting some strange magical tattoo on her butt, it struck a chord in him. He felt... happy? He was happy for the filly, and it made him mad that he couldn't understand why.

Sweetie Belle looked up at the witch and nodded, then took everyone by surprise as she smoothly shifted form into her human form. She was smaller than any other student by nearly a head, but her features remained that of Sweetie Belle, minus her horn and tail, obviously.

Even her cutie mark remained on her hips.

Phineas and McGonagall blushed as Sweetie bolted to grab her clothes to get dressed. "Sorry about this." She called out from behind the screen. "Um... how do these panty things work again?"

...

Sweetie Belle, now a human, much to everyone's surprise, was following Luna as they made their way from the school grounds and toward Hogsmeade. Following behind Sweetie Belle was Phineas, who was unusually somber and quiet.

McGonagall followed in the rear with Tumult, and the two were chatting away.

The Headmistress was actually rather impressed with how keenly perceptive and intelligent the monster in human form was. Oh, and he was quite a charmer too.

Had he actually been a wizard, she might have taken an interest.

The little Animagus joined Princess Luna up front. "Princess?"

"We will visit the village to search for any clues." She replied to the cute, tiny human girl. "It is best we know who we are dealing with before we attempt to capture them. What can you tell me of this Adalade Crouch?"

"She's really smart, like, Princess Twilight smart, but she's completely different. She hates people, or at least has no interest in making friends and goes out of her way to keep others from trying to befriend her." Sweetie Belle hugged herself and shivered a little, not because it was too chilly, but because she felt bad for Adalade. "Why wouldn't anyone want to have friends?"

Luna smiled, but had a sad expression on her face. "It is complex. I know where she is coming from. I wanted to be loved so bad, but everything I did pushed others away, that thousand years ago. I went mad, driven insane by my own feelings of inadequacy."

Sweetie Belle hugged Luna around the waist, and got a gentle pat on the head in return. "And you know what happened after that."

"You became Nightmare Moon." Sweetie Belle replied, releasing Luna so they wouldn't risk tripping.

"And then I got grounded for my temper tantrum." Luna giggled.

McGonagall knew a little of the history of Equestria, thanks to ongoing correspondence with Twilight Sparkle. Her eyes widened and she spoke up, ignoring a rather humorous anecdote from Tumult. "Hold on a moment Princess. Temper tantrum? Grounded? You were banished for a thousand years."

Luna nodded. "Yes. And remember, My sister and I are immortal. We are older than the human race."

This brought some perspective to Minerva's mind. "Older than... How is that possible?"

"We are, in fact, Goddesses, my sister and I. We do not brag, nor lord our power over our subjects. We guide them toward a better tomorrow, forever and always."

Luna slowed and let Minerva catch up. "My sister and I guided the sun and the moon for millennia, but for a time, we allowed our little ponies to take control, to guide them on their own, to allow them to evolve and grow. It wasn't until Discord arrived and threw the world into chaos that we chose to return our celestial bodies to our control, though we had to rely on some ancient artifacts to do so. Mr. Tumult is by far one of the most powerful gods on Equestria, even more-so than Mother Faust."

Sweetie Belle lowered her head for a moment and smiled. "Mother Faust."

Just to be clear, Equestria didn't actually HAVE any religions. Sure, there were gods and goddesses, but they were not worshiped. They had no need to be worshiped, as their natures drew upon natural forces.

For some odd reason, Phineas lowered his own head and whispered her name. He didn't know why, but he felt that the name alone deserved the respect just by acknowledging it.

The boy kept quiet as the adults talked.

Sweetie Belle slowed and walked beside him, smiling. "You know Phineas. You and I are friends, even if you can't remember it."

"Why would I want to remember something like that?" He harrumphed, crossed his arms and looked away.

Sweetie Belle placed a tiny, slender hand on his forearm. "You were so much happier, and everyone liked and respected you. Your grades even improved a lot."

Phineas didn't pull away in disgust, as he'd thought he would. He just stayed quiet.

"Many of us would form groups and study together. Griffindor and Slythrin. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw." Sweetie Belle continued. "Rather than always competing with each other over every little thing, we would get along. That doesn't mean there wasn't healthy competition. There's plenty of that between the houses." She giggled a little. "And from what I have been told by the older students who remember the earlier years, the school has never been so unified."

Phineas sighed. "So... this is all because of you?"

Sweetie Belle blushed. "No. I may have started it, but it's because everyone else put aside their differences on their own. You also helped a lot too you know."

Phineas flinched. "How? I... I bullied you."

"Because you bullied me. Everyone started pulling together, and... sorry about turning you into a colt. We couldn't change you back because we believe you're an Animagus."

Phineas stopped and stared at Sweetie Belle in shock. "What? How? There's never been an Animagus in the Malfoy family, ever."

"That's my fault again. I transformed you with super powerful magic, and I think that's what caused that magic to awaken within you."

Phineas actually smiled. "So... I can become a winged horse? Sorry, pony?"

"Yea." Sweetie Belle smiled brightly up at the blond boy. "And you loved flying and resting on the clouds."

"Wait, what? That's not... ah, pony magic, right?"

A nod was his answer as the group finally came within view of the dingy looking village.

...

Radiant Heart was trapped inside an enchanted sack which fit within the man's smelly jacket. She was not able to get out, but thankfully the sack was open just enough for her to be able to breathe.

Still, it was too cramped for her to get out on her own, despite her struggles.

She could hear a couple humans talking about how they were going to be insanely rich once they sold her off to someone.

This did not sit well with the mare.

Though it was cramped within, she managed to pluck a feather from her wing, hissing at the pinching pain. Though she knew almost no magic, she had learned a few interesting charms.

She focused on the wizarding spell, how the magic was constructed as the charm was cast. While being no expert, she felt she could, hopefully, pull this off.

Radiant Heart channeled her heart magic into the feather, weaving a message into it. She felt that the only reason this might work was because it was her own feather, with her own magic within it.

Slipping it out through the opening in the sack, she pushed the magic of flight into it. "Minerva McGonagal." She whispered, and instantly the feather took off, flying out the small open window before either of her captors could react.

She just hoped that the message would find its way to its target.

...

"I'm sorry I can't help you much more Mr. Potter." Aberforth Dumbledore shook the younger man's hand. "But that's all I can tell you."

Harry smiled, pleased with what he'd learned. "Don't worry Abe. Now that I know about those two, I can track them down."

"Not likely. They have magic items, and can use them, even though they're muggles."

Potter frowned. "Muggles using magic is very dangerous. Do you know who their parents are? They're obviously not related."

"No, but one time I heard the lady mention her mother was a cruel witch who deserved it when she was executed in a muggle jail." Abe leaned filled a mug when he spotted one of the patrons signal for another pint of ale. The barmaid carried it off. "So, she might just be a squib, not just a muggle."

"Now that's interesting. Would explain how they can get magic items. Again, thanks Abe." He placed a few golden galleons on the counter, which quickly vanished into the older man's pocket.

"Remember, normally I'd tell you squat, but kidnapping a teacher from Hogwarts would reflect badly on me. I hope you can get them."

"That is assuming there was a kidnapping. Anyways." Harry waved and headed for the door, only to stop when a tall, extremely beautiful woman walked in, standing tall and looking extremely confident in herself.

A moment later some other entered with her. Minerva, a tall, strange looking man... and two first years.

"Oh, Children not allowed. Git out." A shrunken head yelled at Phineas and Sweetie Belle.

Potter stared for a moment. That girl and boy looked strangely familiar.

The two toned hair and green eyes, only one other being had such hair, and the blond boy with the high ponytail as well. "Minerva? Sweetie Belle?" He then looked at the boy. "Phineas Malfoy? What are you doing here?"

"Ah, Mr. Potter." Minerva smiled. "I was hoping to catch you. Come along, we have much to discuss, and little time to do so."

Harry blinked, a little confused as he was led from the tavern. "Is this about the missing student and teacher?"

Minerva nodded. "Yes, we have a lead on their direction."

The young man's eyes lit up at that. "Really? That would make my job so much easier. I think I have a lead on who may have taken your teacher as well."

Sweetie Belle tugged on Harry's sleeve and looked up at him with her big, soft green eyes. "Adalade Crouch, I think she somehow ponynapped Radiant Heart and smuggled her out of the school somehow."

"Hmm, that works with what information I have. One Vanellope Whorl and her companion, Crunk Burger. They were the ones involved in the attempt to kidnap you and your friends before."

Phineas stared wide-eyed at Harry Potter. He was standing in the presence of the man who had basically saved his family from eternal damnation, but destroyed their honor forever. He had mixed feelings on the man.

But the way Sweetie Belle was talking to him, a girl who honestly seemed to like and care about the boy, she seemed to respect Potter. Harry spoke with her and the adults, not acting arrogant at all. Rather, he was polite and even acknowledged the boy politely.

His father, when he did speak about Potter, it was with a mix of dislike and respect. Meeting Harry Potter had not been something Phineas had ever expected, and the man was a lot nicer.

"So, those two are said to be living in one of the shacks on the south side of town. I was just heading over there now."

"Then we shall accompany you." Minerva replied.

"The more help I can get the better." Potter said as he lead the group toward the small tightly packed group of shack housing. "And that's the one right there."

They approached carefully, the children staying back with a rather nonchalant Tumult.

Potter used a few scanning spells, and he detected someone was inside. He hit the door with a spell, throwing it open and rushed inside, wand at the ready.

Adalade Crouch lay in the middle of the floor, a bloody lump on her forehead.

Luna stepped up. "Harry Potter, allow me to tend her wound." She knelt next to the girl, her own magic examining her for the extent of her wounds. "She hath taken a blow to the head by a blunt object." She laid her hand over the wound, ensconced in a deep blue glow. A moment later, the girl groaned.

"Adalade Crouch?" Minerva stepped up as Luna moved away, giving the girl's teacher space.

"Headmistress?" She shook her head. "What happened?" She touched her face, still coated with some sticky blood and paled.

"Shh my dear. You are alright now." Minerva stood over the girl as Potter helped her to her feet. "What happened here?"

"I..." Adalade looked away, shame written all over her face. "I was bewitched to do their bidding. I know you have no reason to believe me but I'm so sorry." She cried and latched onto Minerva, crying into the woman's robes.

Sweetie Belle, Phineas and Tumult peeked into the shack and kept quiet. It was strange to see Adalade crying, latching onto the rather stunned McGonagall as she was and apologizing as much as she was.

It took the witch a few minutes to get her to calm down enough to explain things.

"I... I was tricked into signing a magic contract that forced me to do whatever those two wanted." She looked away, obviously ashamed. "Vannelope is my aunt. They heard about Sweetie Belle and her friends and wanted me to try to capture one and bring them to her. I couldn't refuse because of the contract."

Potter had a neutral expression on his face, but a fire was burning in his chest. He wanted to demand how a family member could do something like that to their own. "Miss. Crouch. You will return to Hogwarts. There will be an investigation. Do you know where the contract is?"

Adalade pointed to a small metal bucket filled with ashes. "They burned it and released me. Then Mr. Burger swung a club at my head... After that I woke up to see you here."

"Minerva, please take her back to the school. I'll try to return with your teacher as soon as possible. Sweetie Belle, Phineas, Princess Luna, you are with me."

"What about me? What am I? Chopped onion?" Tumult pouted.

Potter glanced at the man. "Like you would listen to anything I have to say. I know who and what you are Mr. Tumult, so please, help however you feel. Just try to be subtle about it."

Tumult grinned, then looked toward Luna. "Well Moony? Do I have the allowance to help?"

Luna eyed Tumult warily for a moment, then nodded. "Subtlety is most important in this world."

Tumult frowned a little. "I will try my best, but no promises. We all know how chaos works, don't we?" He snapped his finger and vanished.

Minerva turned back toward the school with Adalade. "Oh yes, Adalade, do you know exactly why your aunt wants a pony?"

"Money. She wants to sell a talking magical pony for as much money as she can get." The girl replied. "I don't know who to though. She never told me anything other than what I've overheard. I'm in a lot of trouble, aren't I?"

"Perhaps." Minerva guided Adalade back toward the school.

"I am so expelled..."

...

The going was slow on foot, and Harry was starting to get annoyed. "Is there any way the three of you can move faster?"

Sweetie Belle nodded. "I could summon my Cloud Skimmer, but I don't think Phineas can ride on it with me. It's made for me to use as a pony. Phineas, I could change him back into a Pegasus and he could fly."

"And what of myself?" Luna asked. "Twas Tumult who transformed me, and I am unable to reverse it."

Potter chuckled. "Can you ride a broom m'lady?"

"Never tried before." She countered flatly. "I normally have wings."

"Ah, well then. You can ride with me. I'm pretty good on a broom." He reached into his robes and pulled out a black, polished broom and straddled it. "Sit behind me, wrap your arms around my waist." He grinned slightly as the beautiful woman pressed her chest to his back after she mounted the broom as well.

Sweetie Belle summoned her Cloud Skimmer, and in a couple minutes it arrived, but not before she returned Phineas to his Pegasus form, clothing shifting with his form as well. She too shifted back to her native form and hopped onto her board.

Phineas flapped his wings, surprised that he knew the basics of how to use them. "This is going to be different."

"You'll love it. You always have." Sweetie Belle took to the air, followed by Harry and Luna, then finally Phineas. They turned in the direction of the wand and started flying...

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Next, on toward the rescue!
My DA link: cutie mark