• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 9,927 Views, 817 Comments

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - AnnonyMouse



Sweetie Belle attends Hogwarts... What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • ...
35
 817
 9,927

Chapter Six

Disclaimer: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro. Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling. This is a free fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, services or goods.

Please refrain from commenting on any spelling and / or grammatical errors. Rather, PM me and I will see to fixing them in due time, thank you. For more information, see my profile.

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
06

“Oh no, where am I?”

Sweetie Belle looked back the way she came, but the hall looked identical to the one she had been walking down, and she knew she'd only moments ago turned a corner.

But that corner was nowhere to be seen.

“There's no need to be frightened...” She told herself, but almost didn't believe her own words.

The she heard something...

A growl.

Sweetie backed away from the direction the growl came from. Squinting her eyes to see in the dim light of this strange hallway. Then she saw it.

Something frightening looking, a dark form, feral, with eyes that gleamed crimson in the dim light.

Sweetie Belle didn't consider herself a coward, by no means. Still, she was also not stupid, by any means. Then there was the fact that she didn't know what that thing was. She could tell that it moved like it was stalking her, inching closer and closer.

It looked feline, and it had to be about her size, maybe larger.

Sweetie Belle was by no means a cat pony. Rather, all her experiences with Opalescence had left her with quite a dislike of cats, as well as a slight fear of them... and that was the small ones like her sister's pet.

This one, though she couldn't see it clearly, looked mean, and bigger than herself. If Opal could scare her, then imagine what she was feeling right now.

“D-don't be scared...” Sweetie Belle lied to herself. She was most certainly afraid now.

The feline monster moved closer, its crimson eyes locked onto her smaller form. It let out a low, predatory growl, and that was all the filly needed for her hooves to start moving on their own. She spun and bolted down further into the dimly lit corridor, as fast as her tiny cloven hooves would carry her.

Heart pounding, ears plastered to her skull, her eyes wide with her pupils down to terrified pinpricks, the filly ran for her life.

She could hear it, the monster, giving chase after her, enjoying the sport of the chase before the final catch and...

Sweetie Belle didn't want to think about it, but her mind was filled with images of Opalescence bring dead 'gifts' home to Rarity.

While Rarity hated her cat doing that, she still praised her pet for being so generous. It was, after all, a display of love for their owners.

Sweetie did not want to be a gift to anyone, so she ran faster than she felt she'd ever ran before.

Ahead, she felt relieved as she saw a room with the door slightly ajar. She bolted inside and bucked the heavy door as hard as she could with her surprisingly strong little legs. With a loud bang, the door slammed shut behind her.

Collapsing into a gasping, wheezing heap, Sweetie Belle finally rested, at least till she heard the scratching at the door.

It only took her moments to push a dresser, crate, sofa, small statue and a few other objects against the wooden surface, and prayed to Celestia and Luna that those would be enough to hold the door closed from the feline monster outside.

Again she collapsed before looking around.

This room, it was filled to the brim with all sorts of stuff, some piled so high as to nearly reach the high, vaulted ceilings which looked to be held up by tall pillars and arches.

The room screamed of mystery, and if there was one thing Sweetie Belle enjoyed, it was a good mystery novel. That, and exploring new places, of which Ponyville has a shortage of.

So here she was, in a mysterious, unexplored new place.

Her curiosity got the better of her, and after checking the door one last time and placing a few more objects against it for good measure, she headed off to look around.

A few steps in, and she froze. Checking her back... her precious package was missing... most likely having fallen off her back when she fled for her life from that creature. Hopefully someone would find it and come to her rescue, or maybe there was another way out of this room she could use to escape.

“Everything will turn out for the best... I hope.” She whispered to herself and moved further into the room.

Everything looked so old and mysterious. Oddly, she could smell soot in the air, like there may have once been a fire in here. She hoped that she never got caught in a fire that would most likely fill this whole place.

She then stopped before a huge mirror, and she instantly thought of the spell she could use to return to Equestria. But if she did that and Rarity learned about that monster cat, would she ever allow her beloved little sister to return to Hogwarts?

No, Sweetie Belle wouldn't risk that. This place was just amazing, so unlike anyplace she'd ever imagined before, despite the dangers she now knew that stalked the halls.

As she looked in the mirror, she noticed something.

Turning sideways, she gasped as she saw a mark on her hindquarters. “Oh my gosh! My cutie mark?” She stared at the cute pink heart with crossed wands over it. “Is my special talent magic?” She looked away from the mirror and stared at her own blank flank. “Wh-what?”

Looking back in the mirror, she once again saw she sported a cutie mark. This time it was a cute pink heart with a witches hat on it.

This confused the filly. “This mirror... it can't be telling me the truth.” She looked to her blank flank and again at her reflection. This time it was a cauldron with a pink heart sticking out of it. She knew now the mirror was playing games with her and she frowned. “Yea, it's trying to trick me.” She turned and walked away, deeper into the room.

For what felt like hours she explored, always finding new things at every turn. She had long ago realized she was lost in here, this impossibly huge chamber filled with so many strange things. She suddenly yawned and wished she was back in the dorm, and in her bed, even if it was the top bunk.

Rounding another pile of stuff, she saw a most welcoming sight.

A huge, comfortable looking bed. She smiled and crawled up onto the amazingly soft mattress with the thick down covers and large, soft pillows.

“A quick nap. That's what I'll take, to get my energy back. Hopefully by then I'll be rested and able to find my way out of this place, and away from that cat thing.” She crawled under the covers and rested her head on the pillow.

She let out one last wide, cute yawn, and then she fell asleep.

“Sweetie Belle?” A familiar voice called out from the soft, fluffy pink clouds that surrounded her, with the wide star filled sky above.

Sweetie Belle blinked and looked around, and saw a dark figure take form before her. She instantly recognized the tall Alicorn.

“Princess Luna? What are you doing here? I'm just dreaming, right?” Sweetie Belle looked up at the beautiful dark princess of the night.

“Yes, you are dreaming, and we are here, just checking in on you at your sister's request.” Princess Luna smiled. “How has your time been here at Hogwarts so far?”

“It's amazing.” Sweetie Belle beamed. “There is so much new stuff to learn. I bet that by the time I come home I can teach Princess Twilight something new about magic.” She pranced on the spot, a smile wide on her lips.

Luna smiled back. “We are glad to hear that, and your dear sister will be relieved as well. She thinks constantly of your well being. She has so many questions she wanted to ask you that sadly, We cannot relate with the little time we have together.”

Sweetie Belle giggled, then frowned. “Well, I'm kinda, sorta in a tough spot at the moment.”

This made Luna's frown fade. “Oh? Do tell.”

“Well, I kinda got lost after talking with Headmistress Mcgonagall and got chased by a really big scary cat monster and I lost the uniform Rarity made for me.” She hung her head. “I found a really big room filled with all sorts of stuff and got lost in it. Then I found a bed and laid down to take a nap.”

Princess Luna sighed, then giggled. “Sweetie Belle, you need not worry. All will work out, of this we are certain. For now, have sweet dreams, and we shan't tell your sister of your little adventure.” She touched her horn to Sweetie Belle's horn and was about to use some magic when she paused.

“Goodness. We feel powerful magic from you. Nay, not from you, but on you. We know this magic well, for it is our own, though ancient.”

Sweetie Belle's eyes went wide and a huge smile appeared on her face. “Oh yea! My wand. It's over a thousand years old and can you guess what? It has a tiny bit of your horn in it.”

Luna's eyes went wide, and then she beamed brightly. “You do not say. We are amazed the wand we aided in creating so very long ago still exists, and we cannot be more pleased that it has come into your possession. Did you know that the wand chooses their owner?”

Sweetie Belle nodded. “The man at the wand shop told me that too. He never thought that the wand would ever choose a new owner, but it chose me.”

This time it was Luna who pranced giddily. “Oh we are so very happy. You have our full blessing and pride to now own the Lunar Wand.” She then curled her legs under her and looked Sweetie Belle in the eye. “May we see it? It has been such a long time.”

Sweetie Belle nodded and reached a hoof into her mane and pulled the wand out. It glowed with the same beautiful dark blue of Princess Luna's own magic, reacting to the presence of the one who helped create it. The filly could feel the joy and love radiating off her wand as Luna touched her horn to it.

“Yes my dear one, you are in the best of hooves, but then again, you already knew that.” Luna spoke to the wand. “Sweetie Belle, this wand, it contains a portion of my magic within it, and that includes the power to look into the dreams of others. We do, however, hope that you do not abuse this gift, as it is a powerful magic.”

Sweetie Belle nodded and hugged the wand to her chest. “I will never do anything like that. This wand, every time I hold it, it feels like I'm being wrapped in your beautiful dark wings. She makes me feel so calm and comfortable.”

This made Luna's heart swell with joy. “She feels the same when wrapped in your magic. She feels your joy, your love, and she wants nothing more than to help you to be your best.” She then stood up, still smiling. “We had best be on our way, and once again, we wish you the sweetest of dreams.” She touched her horn to Sweetie Belle's horn, and they both glowed, the dark blue and pale green magic intertwining. “I have given you my blessing. Your dreams cannot be invaded by evil or nightmares so easily, for a while at least. Good night My Little Pony.” With that, Princess Luna flew off into the star filled dream sky.

Sweetie Belle's heart beat strong and calmly as she lay down in the soft clouds and drifted off into wonderful dreams.

“Sweetie Belle?” A firm, but soft voice whispered into the filly's ear, waking her softly from her slumber.

“Hmm? Rarity? Five more minutes please.” She rolled over.

A chuckle that was not her sisters greeted her ears. The filly then remembered, she was lost in some huge room.

Her eyes snapped open and she sat up and looked around. The first thing she saw was Headmistress Mcgonagall's smirking face.

“It would seen you had a little misadventure last night.” She said as she lay a familiar package onto the bed.

“I-I was chased by a really scary monster cat into this room where I got lost for a long time and then I found this bed and fell asleep.” Sweetie Belle refrained from mentioning Princess Luna's visit in her dreams.

Mcgonagall nodded. “I see. Well, odd it may seem, but I had a dream that you were in here. I don't often have dreams of such clarity, so when I do, I feel they are of importance. Oddly, this room's ceiling has been replaced with the night sky, yet I recognized none of the stars.” She tapped her chin, pondering what that meant.

Sweetie Belle knew instantly what had happened, but didn't say anything. “Thank you for finding my uniform and for finding me. I was so scared being chased by...” She then froze...

That cat was sitting on a dresser, no less than a few yards away, and staring at her with those crimson eyes. It looked dangerous, feral, mean and just plain unfriendly.

“C-c-c...” Sweetie Belle hid under the covers in a feeble attempt to hide from the cat in question.

“Ah yes, this is Ms. Norris. She is our caretaker, Argus Filtch's cat. Best you stay out of both her and his way.” Mcgonagall then turned to Ms. Norris. “And you, Ms. Norris. This little filly is one of our students. Not some wild animal that wandered in that you may stalk and hunt at your whim. I expect you to leave her alone from now on.”

Ms. Norris's answer was a growly yawn before she hopped down to the floor and walked out the door, which oddly had not been anywhere near the bed anytime last night.

“Now, Sweetie Belle, it is still late at night, and this is not the safest place for any student to be at the best of times. Let us get back to the Gryffindor dorm, and you safely in your own bed.”

Sweetie Belle peaked out from under the blanket and nodded before climbing out of the bed and placing her package on her back. “I'm sorry for causing you trouble.”

“No trouble was caused my dear. I had drifted off to sleep when I should have been working anyways, though I awoke feeling more refreshed than I have in years.” Mcgonagall smiled and led the Unicorn back to her own dorm.

“One more thing Sweetie Belle. I have received the reasonable request to change that room over there into a bedroom for you. I shall see it is tended to in the morrow. Now, off to bed with you.”

Sweetie Belle nuzzled the Headmistress's leg, smiled cutely up at her and said in the most sucrose and innocent voice ever heard by any human “Thank you.” She then trotted to the stairs and stated working her way up them to the third floor to get a good night's rest.

To Be Continued...