• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 9,924 Views, 817 Comments

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - AnnonyMouse



Sweetie Belle attends Hogwarts... What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • ...
35
 817
 9,924

Chapter Thirteen

Disclaimer: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro. Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling. This is a free fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, services or goods.

Please refrain from commenting on any spelling and / or grammatical errors. Rather, PM me and I will see to fixing them in due time, thank you. For more information, see my profile.

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
13


Watching the Hogwart's students from an alleyway, the short, plump man known as Crunk Burger scowled.

Nowhere could he see any of the younger students. Those he could see looked to be all third years and up.

“Ah bugger. We messed up on our plans.” He scowled as he turned and hurried back to the Hog's Head Tavern to report to his partner. “She ain't gonna be none too pleased with this news.”

Entering the establishment, he could see some students enjoying their non-alcoholic beverages. A quick look and he spotted the tall woman sitting in the darkest, furthest corner. He made his way over and sat down.

“From the look on your face, I'd be led to believe something is wrong.” She glared at Crunk.

“You could say that.” He sighed. “Ain't nothing but third years and up here.” He let his head fall to the table with a hefty, and slightly painful sounding thud. “What are we going to do now Madra? We already have the buyer lined up. He's going to be none too pleased if we fail to get the promised merchandise.”

Madra leaned back in her chair, thinking. “Well... I'm a patient woman, but not so patient as to wait three years to get what we want. We're going to have to change our plans.” She grinned. “Now, here's what we're going to do.”

Scootaloo peaked out of the small alcove she was hiding in, keeping an eye out for Applebloom. She hoped her hiding place would let her win their game of Hide and Go Seek.

She had made certain that no students who walked past spotted her. She was still wary from the chase earlier, and decided that the less who saw her, the better.

Then she heard the telltale clip clop of small hooves coming toward her. She grinned and hid behind the statue that decorated this alcove.

Applebloom waled into view and looked into the alcove. “Ah wonder where Scootaloo is. Ain't seen wing or tail of her anywhere.” She hid a grin and trotted on.

Scootaloo held her breath, breathing shallowly for a good minute till she felt that she was safe. It was a good hiding spot, but the goal of this game was to reach a safe spot to win. And the tiny pegasus was fully intending on winning.

Peeking out to see if the coast was clear, she came face to face with Applebloom. “Ah rats. How'd you find me?”

“Your tail was sticking out from behind the statue.” Applebloom grinned.

Scootaloo looked back at her tail. “Dumb tail. Ok, you got me. So, have you found Sweetie Belle yet?”

“Nope, but I spotted her runnin around a corner a little ways back. Ah followed her but she went and vanished.” Applebloom huffed. “Ain't fair. She knows this place better than either of us.”

Scootaloo nodded. “I know, but now there's the two of us looking for her.” Her grin matched Applebloom's. “So let's keep looking.”

Sweetie Belle looked down from her 'hiding spot' on the ceiling. That gripping spell, created for use on the Cloud Skimmer, also worked on her hooves. She watched the pair as they headed down the hall, making short work of all the alcoves.

Knowing she was clear, she walked across the ceiling and down the wall and finally back onto the floor. She took a deep breath, and called out to her friends. “I'M NOT OVER THERE!” With that, she bolted, laughing out loud.

It took Scootaloo and Applebloom a few moments to realize what was happening, and gave chase.

“How the hay did she get behind me?” Applebloom huffed. “Ah bet she use some spell or secret passage or something like that.”

Scootaloo galloped alongside Applebloom. “Well, we didn't say no magic or flying. I mean, I can't fly myself, not till Sweetie Belle can make me a flying board too.”

“Next time, we're adding that as a rule, to make it fair.”

Every time they rounded a corner, they caught the sight of Sweetie Belle disappearing around another corner. Neither could figure out how she was staying ahead of the two more physically capable ponies. Unicorns just didn't have that level of physical strength or stamina.

Then they ran around the last corner they had seen her vanish around, and came to a dead end.

They both blinked and looked back and forth.

There was no Sweetie Belle to be seen.

“What the hay?” Applebloom growled. “This ain't fair. She's gotta be using magic or something.”

Scootaloo nodded in agreement. “Ok Sweetie Belle, you win. We can't catch you.”

The giggle came from behind them, and they spun to see Sweetie Belle standing there, her wand floating in her magic. “I really win for once? I've never won hide and seek before.”

“Only cause ya used magic.” Applebloom huffed.

Sweetie Belle smiled and hugged her friends. “Ok, next time I won't use any spells.”

“Or potions.” Applebloom added.

“Or magic items.” Scootaloo added.

“Aww.” Sweetie Belle pouted. “Then I'd never win.”

The two non-magic using ponies looked at each other for a moment. “I dunno about that.” Applebloom said. “Ya certainly kept ahead of us pretty good.”

“I did, didn't I?” Sweetie Belle frowned. “That's only because I used my featherweight spell on myself so I could run faster.”

Scootaloo giggled. “Really? That explains that. Anyways, we've been playing for a couple hours now. I'm getting hungry again.”

“You're always hungry.” Applebloom poked Scootaloo's belly. “But ya ain't ever gotten fat.”

Scootaloo looked proud and nodded, buzzing her wings. “Sure I can't fly, but I can flap my wings faster than anypony else.”

“That's true.” Sweetie Belle agreed. “You must burn off all that food you snack on.”

The trio talked and joked and laughed as they made their way through the halls of Hogwarts. As they walked down a series of rather dimly lit, winding halls, they became aware of a lack of any other sound other than their own hoofsteps.

“Um... where are we?” Applebloom asked. “And why is this hallway so narrow?”

Sweetie Belle looked back up and down their current hall. “I-I don't know. I've never seen this place before. We should keep going.”

Scootaloo shook her head. “We should go back, that way we get unlost.”

“That ain't a real word.” Applebloom snipped.

“Is too.”

“Is not.”

“Is mfff?” Scootaloo found a white hoof in her mouth.

Sweetie Belle's ears were twitching, and seemed to focus down the hall. “I hear something. Voices.”

Applebloom looked happy to hear this. “Good, we can get outta this cramped place.” She galloped ahead, quickly followed by her friends.

Finally, they came to the end of the hall, and a pair of stairs leading up to what looked like a slab of stone.

“Ah bummer.” Scootaloo frowned. “A dead end?”

Sweetie Belle climbed the stairs and pressed an ear to the stone slab. “I hear voices up above.” She pushed on the stone, but it didn't budge. “Come help me.”

The three working together managed to lift the heavy stone and slide it aside. They poked their heads out and saw what looked like a store room. There were voices coming from behind another door.

Emerging from the hole in the floor, they pushed the stone back into place, and all memorized where it was.

Using her unicorn magic, Sweetie Belle turned the doorknob and cracked the door open enough to peek out.

All three filly's eyes went wide at the candy wonderland that lay before them. Scootaloo pushed the door open and made to rush out, her sweet tooth demanding to be sated.

Applebloom grabbed her tail and pulled her back into the store room, and just in time as a huge pair of boots nearly stepped on the Pegasus.

It was Hagrid.

Sweetie Belle knew they shouldn't be here. This was not in the castle, and she was not allowed out of the castle. She backed away and pulled the door closed. “We can't go out there. I'm not supposed to be here. Only third years are allowed.”

“We're not students.” Scootaloo said after wiping away some drool. “And I'm hungry.”

Applebloom had to agree with Scootaloo on that point, but also agreed that Sweetie Belle would most likely get in a lot of trouble if she was found out here.

Before they could make plans, the door started opening.

Three fillies bolted and hid among the various boxes and crates, and just in time to see Hagrid and another large man enter the room, carrying what looked like a large and heavy crate.

“Where ya want all this rock candy?” Hagrid asked.

“How about right there.” The other man grunted, nodding his head toward a clear spot on the floor.

Sweetie Belle wanted to panic now. That spot was where the hidden passage was.

With a grunt, the two man put the heavy crate down with a loud thud. “Whew, rock candy is really heavy.”

“Aye.” Hagrid agreed. “But we got it in here, so we don't gotta worry bout it no more. Let's get outta here.”

After the pair left, a much smaller trio emerged from hiding.

“We have to move that box.” Sweetie Belle looked more worried then the other two.

Applebloom nodded and she tried to push it aside, but the crate refused to budge. “Golly, this box has gotta way a ton.”

Sweetie Belle tried to move the box, even casting a spell with her wand before trying a second time, but with no luck.

~Munch munch munch.~ “This candy is great.” Scootaloo said as she munched on what looked like tiny jelly beans. ~Munch... PTOOY~ “Eww! That one tasted like a dirty hoof.”

“And just how do ya know what a dirty hoof tastes like?” Applebloom asked, eyeing the now discarded box of jelly beans.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. “Because you've shoved your hoof in my mouth more than once.”

“Mah hooves ain't dirty.”

“You walk on dirt.” Scootaloo countered.

Before Applebloom could argue, Sweetie Belle shoved a caramel apple in her mouth. “Shh. We don't want to get caught.”

Scootaloo sighed. “I guess we should try to find another way back to the school. Do you know the way back from wherever we are now?”

Sweetie Belle pondered a moment. “I think the train arrived here. We took some boats across the lake to the school on the first night.”

The pegasai grumbled. “So, all we have to get through town to wherever the boats are, borrow one of the boats, and then row all the way across the lake, then get back into the school, all without being spotted?”

Sweetie Belle nodded.

Applebloom nommed happily on an okay tasting candy apple.

“Fiiine.” Sweetie Belle huffed. “Do either of you have any suggestions?”

“Nope.” Applebloom said between bites.

“Not really, sorry.” Scootaloo hing her head, her ears drooping.

Sweetie Belle's own ears hung a little. “Well, we need to get back before we're discovered as missing, and the boats are the only way I know how to get back, other than the way under that crate.”

“Oh, I know.” Scootaloo licked her lips. “We can eat our way to the trap door.”

Applebloom licked the now plain stick that once held the candy apple. “You gotta be joking. We can't even budge that thing. You expect us to eat it all?”

“It can't hurt to try.” Scootaloo started to climb up onto the large box.

Sweetie Belle pulled her back down with her magic. “Not even the three of us can eat enough of that rock candy to lighten it enough to move it. Maybe Pinkie Pie could, but she'd not here.”

“True.” Applebloom looked around and noticed another door at the back of the room, half hidden by some stacked up crates. “Oh, we can get out through there, maybe.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both nodded, and with some teamwork, they moved the boxes enough to pull the door open wide enough for the trio to slip out.

“Are you sure this plan will work Madra?” Crunk asked as they exited the Tavern.

The woman nodded. “Baring any complications, yes. So long as our friend in the school can help us.”

Crunk was unsure of this plan. “Okay, run the plan by me one more time.”

“Our friend lures the Unicorn, and if they can, the other two, through some secret passage that leads out of the school. We wait at the exit point, and the moment they appear, we throw the dust in their faces, scoop them into sacks, and then get out of there. Then we can meet up with the buyer, and earn more gold galleons than we'll know what to do with.” Madra grinned wickedly. “And by the time anyone finds out they're missing, we'll be long gone and rich.”

“I have another idea.” Crunk nudged Madra. “How about we sneak up on them right now and grab them.” He pointed toward an alleyway, where a trio of tiny equines were carefully peeking out from.

Madra blinked and stared. She blinked again and rubbed her eyes. No way could it be this easy. “Okay? Do you have the pouch of glitter dust?”

“Right here.” He pulled a small satin pouch out from his jacket.

“Perfect. Let's go get them.”

Sweetie Belle spotted a pair of adults heading right for them. “We've been spotted. Run.” She bolted back down the alley, her two friends right on her tail.

“Ah come on.” Applebloom grumbled, glancing back and seeing the tall pair easily closing the distance. “They're faster than us.”

“Split up and head for the docks.” Scootaloo said, and with that, they all went down different alleys.

The pair paused at the intersection, then rushed down the way the white Unicorn had gone.

Sweetie Belle heard their heavy footsteps quickly closing the distance, and rounded a corner. She pulled out her wand and cast her featherweight and wall walking spells, then started up the wall.

A moment later the pair came around the corner and saw her climbing up the wall.

“Since when can ponies walk up walls?” The man looked confused.

The woman pulled out something that looked like a wand and took aim at the Unicorn. She pulled the nob on the end and strands of sticky webs shot out at the filly.

Sweetie Belle squeaked and scrambled up onto the roof, having just barely evaded the... whatever that was. She carefully made her way up the clay tiled roof, feeling a few shift under her hooves on more than one occasion.

The short man climbed some crates in the alley and tried to get up on the roof, but his weight pulled down the tiles.

Sweetie Belle gasped and cried out in surprise as the tiles she was climbing slid out under her, sending her sliding toward the edge of the roof, and most likely to a fall all the way to the hard cobblestone ground.

The man staggered back as tile after tile smacked him in the head, sending him falling over backwards and off the crates, flat on his back onto the ground.

Sweetie Belle went over the edge, falling till she landed on something rather soft, and bounced off to land on her hooves. Looking back, slightly confused, she realized she'd fallen onto the prone man's belly, as he was holding it in pain from her landing on it.

“S-sorry. I gotta go.” She turned and ran.

The woman jumped over her partner, scooping the pouch he had dropped. She started closing the distance once again.

Sweetie Belle rounded another corner and ran right out into the street. She didn't stop and wove through the humans, startling more than one, and quite a few of her fellow students.

“I am so busted...” She was now worried she was going to get detention for this. Or worse, sent back to Ponyville with 'FAIL' stamped on her flank. She'd never live that down.

Finally, she entered another ally and chanced a look back.

Her pursuer was no longer after her. The crowd had prevented that.

But Sweetie Belle was not relieved. She'd been seen by people who lived in the town, as well as some students.

She was about to surrender and emerge from the ally when she saw sparkles in front of her face all of a sudden. With a startled gasp, she got a handful of sparkles in her face, and then a thick sack engulfed her, scooping her off the ground.

Applebloom had instantly realized that those humans were not after her or Scootaloo, but were focused on Sweetie Belle. “Maybe they work for the school and Sweetie Belle is going to be dragged back and then thrown into detention or sent back to Ponyville with a fail stamp on her flank.” She worried and doubled back to follow them.

She rounded one corner and saw the shorter human getting up off the ground, pulling shat looked like a small pouch from his jacket and rushing off. As quietly and as quickly as she could, Applebloom followed the man. She nearly stopped following him when he entered the street and started crossing it. A little ways down the street, she spotted Sweetie Belle emerge from the alley and weave trough people till she vanished into another alley.

The taller woman had not emerged from the alley. Applebloom did notice that everyone was looking down the street, seeming to be wondering what had just happened.

Taking this moment of distraction to her advantage, Applebloom rushed across the street to follow the man. She easily followed as he was not rushing. She then watched him throw a handful of sparkly stuff into Sweetie Belle's face and then scoop her into a sack.

“Stealth doesn't matter anymore. That looks more like a ponynapping than anything a teacher would do to bring a student back to school.” She rushed forward, jumping up onto a crate and launching herself at the man, aiming for his gut.

He had not been expecting to get tacked in the gut, nor to have another small pony rush in behind him to trip him over, flat on his back.

Pain erupted from the back of his head as he smacked it on the cobblestone.

Not even pausing to check if he was alright, Applebloom grabbed the Sweetie Belle weighted sack, threw it on her back, and rushed back the way she had come, with Scootaloo right on her hooves.

“Good to see you Applebloom. I saw they weren't after me, so I turned around and saw they were after Sweetie Belle. I crossed the street when everypo... er, human was distracted. I then saw fatso there try to ponynap Sweets.”

“Yea, same here.” Applebloom grinned and rounded another corner, only to find their way blocked by the tall woman. “Oh pony apples...” She spun around with Scootaloo, but found a very unhappy looking 'fatso' blocking their escape route.

“Enough of this you little ponies. You're comin with is.” The man growled.

The woman pulled out another pouch and scooped out some glitterdust, and threw it at the pair of fillies.

Scootaloo jumped in the way and buzzed her wings, creating a sudden gust of wind which blew the dust back into the woman's shocked face.

Applebloom and Scootaloo made a break for it, rushing down the ally and away from the humans. The man staggered over and helped the woman to her feet, offering her a damp cloth to wipe the glitter from her face.

“Damnit. We lost them.” She growled, squinting through the glitter that clung to her face.

Sweetie Belle was being jostled around inside the sack something fierce. Thankfully, the sack had rubbed most of the glitter from her face, and she had not breathed in any, having held her breath the moment she'd seen it.

Suddenly she was dumped on the ground. She pulled out her want and got ready for the moment the sack was opened.

When the opening was loosened, she heard two voices she was happy to hear.

“Sweetie Belle, are you alright?” It was Scootaloo.

“I think so.” She crawled out from her 'prison' and hugged her friends. “I'm so glad you were here and could save me. I don't want to know what would have happened otherwise.”

Applebloom giggled as she and Scootaloo got glitterdust all over their coats, but she didn't care. “I'm just happy that you're safe.”

“Who's safe now?” A deep, gruff voice startled the trio. Spinning around, they saw the massive Hagrid staring down at them. “Whatcha all doing outta the school? Yer only first years. Yer not allowed to be out here.”

“I'm so sorry Mr. Hagrid.” Sweetie Belle's eyes watered, a little from her actually being sorry, but mostly from that blasted glitter. “We got lost in the school and followed this weird hallway till we entered a candy store. You came into the back room and we hid while you blocked off the passage back.”

“I thought we blocked off that blasted tunnel years ago.” He wondered for a moment. “Ah, that don't matter.” He scooped the three fillies onto his shoulders. “I'm heading back to Hogwarts right now anyways. I'll bring ya all back, then we're gonna stop off at my hut an have tea n crumpets.” He grinned. “Always do love havin company I do.”

With that, he started on his way back, three fillies somehow defying the laws of reality and hiding in his hair and beard as he walked through town.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Hmm, Crunk and Madra failed to catch Sweetie Belle, but wow they came close. Good thing her two best friends were there to save her.

I wonder what those two bad people will do next time they get a chance to try to catch Sweetie Belle. Well, we'll all have to wait to find out.

Also, I'm sorry I took this long to finish this chapter. My editor / husband was busy with work. He gave it a quick read over and fixed exactly 18 errors, though I'm willing to bet he didn't catch them all. PM me with any you may spot.