• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 1,934 Views, 10 Comments

I Got This - Madame Hellspawn



Scootaloo and Rumble like each other a lot. They just face the problem of telling each other how they feel.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,934

It Happened Again!

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for doing this. It was late when I wrote this, and I thought this was hysterical. So here you go. Like it or not, I thought this was kinda worth posting. Probably isn't, but I don't care.

Scootaloo was awake.

She had been for a while—at least twenty minutes—but she didn’t clamber off the bed like she normally did. Instead, she lay there motionless and stared at the ceiling with impenetrable concentration, internally mustering the courage to do what she promised to herself only days ago.

She was going to ask Rumble he would be her special somepony. .

Scootaloo thought long and hard about what Pinkie Pie said three days ago.

All you have to do is be yourself and tell him how you really feel! You want some sprinkles with that?

Scootaloo wasn’t really sure why she went to Pinkie Pie for help with dating, but she gave some good advice to go along with all the cupcakes she made. Scootaloo did want to see what Twilight had to say, but she couldn’t wait anymore. She needed an answer from the colt, and she needed it desperately. It drove Scootaloo mad that she could either stand aside and watch Rumble get with some other girl or manage to be his one and only.

Scootaloo closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she climbed off her bed and made her way to the bathroom. If she wanted to get Rumble’s attention, she wanted to look good doing it. Each step she made down the hallway eased her mind, and her heart rate slowly decreased. Her breaths came in at a steadier pace and her body stopped it’s shaking. A small smile crept across her face.

Scootaloo entered the bathroom and twisted the knob for the faucet. She stared at her reflection, trying to figure out what could be changed. She splashed water on her face, wiped her face and looked back at her reflection. Her mane was a mess, but that’s something that could easily be remedied with a few quick strokes of a hair brush.

She repeated numerous ways of greeting her friend, each time she doubted herself more and more. So many ways to express love and all of them sounded way too cheesy for her tastes. Maybe Rumble was that kind of colt? Someone who liked hearing a filly spew out romantic ways of saying ‘hey, we should go out’.

The second hardest part about this whole ordeal was telling Applebloom and Sweetie Belle that it was either a success or a failure. Either way, approaching them to tell them about it was hard for Scootaloo to even imagine herself doing. Scootaloo didn’t want to dwell on the subject anymore, but couldn’t help but find herself thinking about the two possibilities.

You can do this Scoots! Just tell him how you feel! That's all you got to do!

“Okay,” She whispered. “Mom! I heading outside!”






Rumble stared at himself in the mirror.

As far as he knew, he looked fine; not a problem in sight. His mane was brushed back like normal and there wasn’t anything on his face that he couldn’t feel or see. No imperfections that could ruin his big moment.

He was going to ask Scootaloo to be his special somepony.

Rumble had no real guidance other than what Thunderlane had to say, but even then, his older brother didn’t really help all that much.

Look that filly in the eyes and tell her you love her?

Cloudchaser and Flitter hadn’t been around to help, but even if they were, Rumble didn’t think he had it in him to communicate properly with them about asking for love advice. If he did, he’d have to suffer an eternity of teasing from the twins. So they were obviously out of the question. It was all Rumble here.

Just him.

Rumble took a deep breath before leaving the bathroom and going into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass from the cabinet and opened the refrigerator, and grabbed an orange juice. His ‘focus juice’ as he called it from time to time. As the nickname would imply, orange juice helped to clear Rumble’s mind. In moments like this, Rumble needed every drop of orange juice he could get.

Okay Rumble, The colt thought to himself, getting himself hyped for the approaching moment. His plan was to go to Scootaloo’s house, ask if she could come out, hang out a bit and eventually ask her out. All the pieces to the figurative puzzle in the young colt’s mind fell together and fitted together perfectly. Let’s do this!

“Thunderlane!” Rumble yelled.

“What do you want?” His older brother yelled from the back of house, all the way in his room.

“I’m leaving now! I’ll be back later!”

“Alright! Pick up some milk on the way back!”

“Got it!”

Rumble left his home with childish apprehension. The cool breeze met against his face, his hooves digging into the moistening soil of Ponyville’s roads. Another deep breath out of Rumble’s nose and he set off to find his friend’s home.

“You got this Rumble,”






Scootaloo left the confines of her home, taking a deep breath and flexing her short wings.

“You got this Scoots,” She muttered. “His house should be by the town square.”

And so Scootaloo grabbed her scooter and began to speed down the roads of Ponyville, narrowly dodging the ponies walking by and maneuvering around crates and stalls. Scootaloo smiled as she noticed a ramp ahead, and flapped her tiny wings faster, speeding up.

“Woohoo!” She exclaimed as she flew through the air, a smile painted on her face as she did so, and braced for her landing. She turned a hard left and cut through the marketplace before she noticed him. He was walking around, lost in the sea of ponies. He struggled to walk through them, and Scootaloo struggled to ride her scooter through the crowd. She hoped that he would stay where he was and not move away from his position. Scootaloo locked onto him with military-like intensity. Her heart soared at the sight of him, just standing there clueless.

He noticed her approaching, and jumped, though Scootaloo hadn’t noticed it. Rumble just smiled and walked towards her, his heart pounding in nervousness. He let out a nervous sigh and continued to give her the same nervous smile. Scootaloo did the same thing, but didn’t smile, just kept her best poker face.

“H-hey Rumble,” She greeted nervously.

“Hi Scoots,” Rumble replied.

“What’re you doing?”

"Just getting milk for Thunderlane," He answered. "We're running low again. What are you up to?"

"Oh, nothing, just taking my scooter for a ride." Scootaloo responded. She opened her mouth to say something, but instead of her scripted line she had rehearsed before leaving, she said, “I’ll catch you later. I gotta go.”

“Yeah,” Rumble said, his ears dropping low. Scootaloo sped away before Rumble could say anything to her. He cursed under his breath, and dropped his head low. “Damnit, you missed your chance. Again.”

Scootaloo, as she sped through the crowd of ponies slammed her head against the handlebars repeatedly, berating herself. “Damnit Scootaloo, you were supposed to tell him today."

Comments ( 9 )

... Romance tag?

4193422 Whoops, sorry, I thought I added that:twilightsheepish:

"I got this" is up there with "what could possibly go wrong" on the Jinx meter.

4193930 No, it wasn't really bad, just... I was expecting them to get together. Or something. It's not even like it's incomplete. It's just "im gonna ask her out" "im gonna ask him out" *both subesquently fail to ask each other out*. I dunno.

Sequel? Continuation? Please?

Once again in the Friend Zone.

Login or register to comment