• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 1,561 Views, 49 Comments

Lucid - Rutilus.Luna



Upon Mane-iacs capture and trial, she finds herself admitted to an insane asylum.

  • ...
5
 49
 1,561

In The Visitors Home

Recording - 1345

"-insist on recording everything in your life?"

"Only things that are important to caring for my patients."

"I see. That doesn't explain why you want to talk to me though. Yes that, creature, was my sister at one point, but not any longer. Although I suspect that you already know that."

"I listened to the recording between you and your sister, yes."

"Are you here to press charges then? I assure you that I was not kidding when I told her that I owned the facility. Technically you are employed under me."

"I am not. Mane-iac was adamant that I don't. I am here to learn from the source what her life was like before her accident. Her records seemed to have many details missing about her life pre-accident. I seek to rectify that."

"Right. And what possible reason do I have to help you? As far as I'm considered, good riddance to bad rubbish. She ruined our father and deserves to pay for her crimes. Besides, with what she did to you, I'm surprised you still want to help her. She attempted to kill you. A first for her, if I recall."

"She did try to kill me. Maybe. I think she reacted in surprise. She didn't actually do the damage until security came bursting in. And, I have never failed a case I've taken on that could be fixed. I refuse to let your sister be the one."

"So its a matter of pride for you? A vanity project? Heh, I suppose I can respect that, but your barking up the wrong tree. You will only be a dedicated fool."

"Maybe to some extent it is a matter of pride, but I took an oath to help others in need and I intend on seeing that through to the end."

"...Bearer, a pot of tea and some scones if you would."

"You're willing to talk?"

"Yes. No. I willing to answer some questions. If I feel your questions are pointless, I will let you know. And have you removed from my sight."

"Thank you for at least giving me a chance."

"Get on with it, I have much better things to do with my time. I assure you."

"I'd like to start early on if you don't mind. Mane-iac mentioned in one of our sessions that your mother left and that you helped raise her. She seemed to think that you both had a healthy relationship when you were younger."

"We're sisters doctor. Despite our current mutual despise, we grew up together. As for our mother, I'm not surprised that is her version of events. She was yound when our mother...passed on."

"Your mother is dead? My condolences."

"It is of no matter. She passed on a while after my sister was born. I'm not sure what happened, but after the birth something seemed to change. She got extremely aggressive and mean. Constantly starting fights with our father. She became a bit of a nightmare. Then one day she simply disappeared. About two days later we got a cop at our door to announce her suicide. I was there when my father was told the news, I doubt he had the heart to tell my sister."

"No one ever informed her? She seemed to think that your mother simply left one day."

"Father didn't want me to mention it. After sometime it was simply habit to not discuss it. I'm not sure if you've had somepony close to you die, but it is frequently considered to be bad form to constantly speak of the dead."

"My apologies."

"..."

"So, what happened after her passing?"

"It is not entirely inaccurate to say I helped raise her. Our father did not take mothers suicide well. He had a hard time adjusting to her lack of presence. I stepped up to the plate and decided to take charge myself. Father would go to work, return, and accomplish nothing else. For a while we fell into a rhythm. I took the place of our mother, while father grieved and played with my sister."

"He abandoned all of his responsibilities on you?"

"Yes, and he gave all of his affection to my dear little sister. I tolerated it for some time. Then he called me by our mothers name and our rhythm fell apart. We never saw him much after that. So I helped raise my sister because I was the only one around to do so."

"And you grew to resent your sister?"

"Not immediately, no. It was after I graduated from school. I was so proud of myself. And yet he still showered all of his attention on to her. No matter what I did, his light was always my sister."

"I see. What would say was the final breakdown between you and her?"

"Her accident, obviously. I'm almost offended you had to ask."

"I have to ask. I attempt to assume little in these scenarios. Introduces more bias. What happened after her accident?"

"After she lost her mind? Our fathers went right along with it. He threw everything he could at helping her. Celestia's sake, the Power Ponies worked for my father for the longest time. It was never about saving the city. It was about protecting his baby girl from herself. All I could do was watch as our father drove himself to an early death. I will not forgive her. I can not forgive her."

"..."

"Did you want me to have some grand revelation? 'I LOVE MY SISTER!' or some other trashy feel good movie nonsense? Sorry to disappoint."

"What was your sister like before the accident?"

"Good of you to change the subject. Sister was quiet. Always had been. Not necessarily anti-social or any of that garbage but she always had a desire to never waste her breath. She was determined, and shockingly intelligent. She constantly did better then me academically. It was no surprise her business venture was successful, it was simply a matter of time."

"Did she have many friends?"

"Heavens no. Acquaintances galore but she never let anypony close. And good on her for it. Waste of time."

*Door knocks, opens and closes*

"How much more time of mine do you intend on wasting? She is a lost cause and your denial wont help either of you."

"Madame, you have a letter. A currier said it was urgent."

"Thank you Bearer."

"I will say this has proven to be quite valuable. I can use this information. I do want to help your sister, and I am, was, making progress. She was opening up to me."

"Whatever floats your boat doctor. It's your life to waste."

"That is the only other thing I was going to ask you."

"More?"

"After the accident, Dr. Anagra removed me from the case. Since your word has quite a bit of pull, I would appreciate if you would reinstate me as your sister official doctor. As her lone surviving family member and her mental state, you do have say on her treatment."

"Do I now? And what if I were deem her unsuitable for treatment. After her stunt, it wouldn't be difficult to get Anagra to agree. He isn't fond of his employees getting injured."

"I don't think that you would. Your father would be rolling in his grave if you made that decision and I don't think you would be able to live with yourself."

"And I think you've overstepped your bounds doctor."

"Am I wrong?"

"One third of your pay. Every paycheck. Or I will personally see to it that you lose your job entirely."

"What could you need my money for?"

"Truthfully? Nothing, but you need it. And to test your resolve, I want you to pay to be her doctor."

"..."

"I'm waiting doctor. As I said, good riddance to bad rubbish, and I'm not keen on recycling."

"Fine."

"Excellent, I'm glad we could agree."

*Tearing sound*

"And it appears that you're in luck, she has been recaptured. Oh, and they are asking my permission to have your mane cut off."

"Don't. Part of her mutation is that her mane has nerve endings. She would be in agony."

"I see. Well then, we cant have that can we? I suppose I'll just check this box marked yes and put my signature on it. Thank you for helping me make that difficult decision."

"..."

"There is nothing more to discuss. Bearer, please escort the doctor off of the premises. Good day to you doctor."

"..."

Stop - 1532

Author's Note:

What is there to say? Full time work, college classes, and a generally waning interest in mlp are the reasons as to why this took so long. A talk with my gf, who actually doesn't like the whole brony thing or mlp for that matter, is actually the reason for the continuation. Something, something, finish what you started, something, something.

Comments ( 8 )

Jeezus. Her sister's a bitch, that's for sure.

Glad to see this revived!

Yes!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy:, finally!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:, (spreads arms) hug me Mane-iac!!!! (embrace)...(weak voice) too...tight...(gasps) better...:yay:

How long until the next chapter, if you had to guess? A month? Three months? 6? I hope I am not bothering you.

6829997

Soon. It's mostly written down in my notebook. I just have to transfer it to the computer. I usually prefer to write by hand.

>>Rutilus.Luna
Are you any closer?


6832681 Any closer (sorry for double post)?

This is really good, please continue :twilightsmile:

Please continue
I love this fic

Login or register to comment