• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 1,561 Views, 49 Comments

Lucid - Rutilus.Luna



Upon Mane-iacs capture and trial, she finds herself admitted to an insane asylum.

  • ...
5
 49
 1,561

Session #3

Recording - 11:30

"Miss Nightshade I beg you to reconsider. So far you have been the best at subduing Mane-iac for transport."

"That, thing, licked me! I refuse to deal with it."

"She licked you? I'm sure that you've probably encountered worse in this profession."

"Shut up Shield! Nopony asked for your opinion."

"Chill out. I'm just confused is all. You have been working here, what, 23 years or so? A single lick doesn't seem like that should be cause for you to threaten resignation. Unless, where did she lick you?"

*Smack. A door is slammed*

"Miss Nightshade!"

"OW! BUCK! Why?! It was just a question! Damn Nighty, that hurt. What the hay was up with that Doc?"

"Are you so dense?"

"What?"

"This is why you are single. I will leave it at that, my patient is waiting. And don't attempt to convince Miss Nightshade to return, leave that to me."

*Door opens and closes*

"I still don't get it."

"Mane-iac, why in Equestria would you- what happened to your eye?"

"I opted for a new make-up."

"In the design of a black eye?"

"Oopsie! Looks like I've been found out. You're so clever. Someday I hope I may be able to get something past you."

"What happened? Was it Miss Nightshade?"

"Turns out most of the security here isn't terribly appreciative of comments related to the size of their batons. And who is that?"

"She claims that you licked her, and you have no idea who she is?"

"Oh, her. She needs to take a bath, I saw an opportune moment to lend my services."

"What?"

"Cats do it all the time, no one questions them. Why should someone in an insane asylum be questioned for the same behavior. Maybe for just a brief moment I thought I was a cat."

"You're toying with me."

"Meow."

"Really?"

"Meow, meow."

"Must you be so difficult?"

"Bwahaha! Must you be so serious all the time? It only entertains me for a while."

"I'm your doctor, not your entertainer."

"You're a fool on an errand with the wrong job title, truly."

*Sigh*

"Mane-iac, I realize you are going to take this as a game. I realize that you don't care about getting better, that you would rather continue making this city pay for unspecified crimes, but I have a job to do and I am going to do my best at it. I know I can't make you take this seriously, but for just once can you try?"

"..."

"..."

"Let's try this again shall we? Why did you lick my coworker?"

"Boredom, mostly. Besides, it's not like I have much else at my disposal, with the straight jacket and my mane restrained. Consider it a hug."

"She was quite distraught with your action. She is threatening resignation."

"A shame, she tasted rather sweet."

"..."

"Are you blushing? Bwahaha! I suppose you learn something new everyday."

"Does it bother you in the slightest that you caused a fellow pony to consider quitting her workplace of 20 years?"

"No, why should it? I doubt you would car if I swatted a fly and annihilated it's existence. Why should I care about I pony I don't know? Life is full of change anyhow. Who's to say it wouldn't be a blessing in disguise. Maybe she hates it here, hates you. I know I don't. The second one at least."

"..."

"If she enjoyed working here, truly, why would she be so quick to quit? Put things into perspective Redundant, this facility doesn't revolve around you, much less Maretropolis or Equestria."

"You enjoy sowing discontent?"

"I enjoy opening ponies eyes to the truths they willfully ignore in exchange for fragile comfort. I have my eyes open, and that is why this city must burn. It doesn't deserve to exist any longer. You think of your job as helping me, I think of you as ignorant."

"Then help me see what you see. Tell me why this city deserves such destruction."

"It is a pinnacle of oppression. Look at the crime system here."

"The crime rate is excellent here."

"True, but have you ever thought to question why?"

"I can't say I have."

"Next time you go out, pay attention. You'll see it, the presence that pervades everything here. This city is a testing ground for a massive amount of control, and it is working. See how many eyes watch you, see how some ponies never seem to leave certain areas. This city is under lockdown by those damn Power Ponies and the Royal Sisters are in on it. The Elements of Harmony are a weapon against the other nations, and the Power Ponies are the secret police."

"Okay."

*Writing on paper*

"This is why I resort to other methods. You and the others eyes are sewn shut. It may hurt to see again, but you will all love me later for it."

"Is that what you want from everything you have been doing? Love? Recognition?"

"Does that surprise you? Did you think I craved power? That I wanted control? I want none of that. I want true freedom and the destruction of this corrupted Tartartus of a city is just the first step. If ponies want to adore me, I can't say I would complain, but it is not what I want."

"I think you have an interesting view on the state of things."

"I think that you would have quite the interesting taste."

"A shame that won't happen, isn't it? Unfortunately we are out of time for this session. Contrary to what you may believe, I do have other responsibilities around this facility that do not revolve around you."

"And the little kitten bares her fangs at last! Bwahaha! I'll look forward to playing with you from now on."

*Door opens and closes*

"Don't say a word Shield. Mane-iac wants this to be a game, and the only way i am going to get anywhere is to play along. Banish whatever crass thought you have swimming about you."

"Wasn't going to say anything Doc."

"Good, now where is Miss Nightshade?"

"I think she went up to the director's office. If you hurry, you may be able to catch her."

"Excellent, I will leave you to turn off the equipment."

"Sure."

*The sound of running down a hallway*

"How the hay do I even turn this off? I've never bothered to give it a good look at, much less bother to learn how to use it. That...no. Hmm...I wonder what Nighty tasted li-"

Stop - 14:00

Author's Note:

And here it is, after taking forever to actually sit down and write the damn chapter. Work, life, and everything else conspired against me. Hopefully everyone enjoys this one. I think the stories going to really get going from here on. Let me know what you guys think, or not, whatever works.