• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 340 Views, 0 Comments

EC Tales Book Three: The Point of No Return - mynameisTheodore83



Silver Shield forms his own organization, and Shadow's sphere of influence continues to grow. An event also happens that changes Shadow.

  • ...
 0
 340

Chapter Five: Irreversible

Shadow sat alone for a long time. It had been a few days since that fateful trip westward, and the journey back had largely been spent in silence. Thunder was the only one who seemed oblivious to what had happened.

"Well that was fun, wasn't it guys?" he inquired as he bounded along. "Maybe we can make something out of it. The fifth week after every equinox or solar system! A quadri-annual road trip! Where should we go for the next one? I'm thinking Canterlot!"

Shadow didn't have the heart to tell him to settle down. He didn't have much of anything at the moment, aside from disbelief. All of his problems were supposed to be over now, but nothing had changed. The world was still unequal, and the pain he had felt had not disappeared; if anything, it was inflated. He pondered as he walked, but it took him a long time to realize that two wrongs don't make a right. He had spent all of this time plotting and planning an uprising, but he feared the fire had died.

Sky Strike looked over in worry. "So what now?" he asked his friend.

Shadow sighed. "There's no turning back. This is the path that I and so many others have chosen... Now I must see this goal until the end. I cannot let those down who have put their trust in me. I will make no more errors. Equality must be given to the people. I am but one soul of many. My needs have become insignificant. As more and more people follow, I must do my best to deliver what I promised."

"While I may have achieved my goal, my thirst for equality in Equestria has not been quenched!" The hundreds of ponies watching Shadow speak were cheering their approval. "I will stop at nothing to lead you to what you so desperately seek, to what you deserve! Alone, we are worthless, but banded together, there is not a force in Equestria that will be able to stop us!" Shadow looked over the cheering ponies who put his trust in him. He knew that this change was irreversible, but he had no fear or regrets. "Believe in me, believe in yourself, believe in the Conspiracy!" he bellowed.

The enormous crowd replied in a loud unison, "Equality and justice for all of us!". Shadow's face held a devious smile.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment