• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 741 Views, 5 Comments

The Sweetest Love. - hghmpegasister



This story tells of how the owners of Sugarcube Corner came to be

  • ...
3
 5
 741

Hearts and Hooves

Cupcake skipped happily off to school. She was excited it was Hearts and Hooves Day. On the way there all she could think about was Carrot Cake. As soon as she got to school all the fillies and colts were gossiping about Hearts and Hooves Day and who was going to be whos special somepony. Cupcake looked around and she finally found mare. Working on a diagram.
"Hi Mare." smiled Cupcake.
"Cupcake!" squealed Mare."Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!"
"Thanks." I smiled.
"I got you something." I grinned. Then I pulled a card out.
"Oh Cupcake." she exclaimed "Its beautiful."
"Im going to frame it!" she announced.
"Sure." giggled Cupcake.
Then I pulled out a red velvet cupcake.
"Well im not going to frame that." she said licking her lips.
That both made us laugh.
I smiled im glad I have a good friend like mare.
Suddenly Cheerlie ran over to us. "Is it true?" she exclaimed.
"Is what true?" Cupcake asked.
"Was Filthy er I mean Rich about to kiss you then Carrot Cake saved you just in the nick of time!" squealed Cheerlie.
"Where did you hear that?" I questioned.
She pointed toward Green Breezy. "Mr. Breezy pants over there saw the whole thing." she exclaimed.
"Wait does Carrot Cake have a crush on you?" squealed Mare.
I rolled my eyes and blushed.
Then they started squealing and jumping up and down like a bunch of love struck idiots. But who could blame them it was Hearts and Hooves Day.
"Can we go now." I muttered.
Then Cheerlie ran off to talk to some other ponies.
"Oh I almost forgot!" exclaimed Mare. "Then she handed me a pamphlet?"
"Have Hearts and Hooves Day!" she squealed. "Its not a card but a pamphlet on how Hearts and Hooves Day was made.
I smiled of course instead of a card Mare would make a pamphlet. That is just her. Shes going to do something great one day I smiled. Then headed into the schoolhouse.


Ms.Bee started announcing the rules about passing out cards.
But through the whole instruction. I couldn't pay attention.
Cause Carrot Cake was staring at me. I looked at him and he looked away.
This went on like forever. When finally Ms. Bee stopped talking and said we may get started.
Well Mare came over to my desk and started talking to me about the history of Hearts and Hooves day reading from her pamphlet.
But I wasn't really paying attention. Colts and Fillies kept coming up to my desk telling me Happy Hearts and Hooves Day and I would thank each one of them. When suddenly Carrot Cake came up to my desk. Mare grinned a mischievous grin. Lemon Chiffon and Maybeline looked my away their mouths dropped to the floor.









"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day." Carrot Cake blushed.
"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day. Cupcake smiled.
Then Carrot Cake handed me a purple box. I slowly opened the box. I pulled out a cupcake with yellow and hot pink frosting all swirled with heart shaped sprinkles.
"Oh my gosh." I exclaimed "Thank you this is the most beautiful cupcake I have ever seen."
"Here you go." I blushed then I handed him a orange box.
He blushed then opened the box. "A carrot cake cupcake!" he exclaims. "And its one of my designs."
"I saw you doodling-"
But before I could finish my sentence your father had hugged me.

"Then there was that time Mare broke into the election poles and tried to run for Mayor at that age. But thats another story." smiled Mrs. Cake.
Mrs. Cake smiled at her husband "I love you."
He smiled back "I love you too."

"AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU!" squealed Pinkie hugging all of them.
"We love you too Pinkie." exclaimed Mrs. and Mr. Cake.
Because love was the true thing that filled the air.



THE END

Author's Note:

Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!

Comments ( 4 )

Not bad, this made me smile.its nice to read stories like this especially in Valentines is coming up. nice work!

3934010
You said it!:pinkiehappy::heart:

Yay!:yay:

P.s. It was good:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment