• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 741 Views, 5 Comments

The Sweetest Love. - hghmpegasister



This story tells of how the owners of Sugarcube Corner came to be

  • ...
3
 5
 741

A Mare at School.

Cupcake walked down the steps of their bakery home. She looked up at the bakery then looked up above at her bedroom window. She tightened her yellow saddlebag. Then trotted off to school. She paced all the strange houses. Not as nearly as the ones in Canterlot but in a way they were more interesting. More quaint. More happy. Not so regal and serious. But laid back and happy. Cupcake smiled she might like it her after all. Maybe. Even though she just moved to town yesterday. Cupcake knew where the schoolhouse was. She could see it from her balcony window. She could see everything up here. When she was up there she noticed a vacant building like this on the other side of town in the distance. Maybe i'll live there one day she thought. Cupcake crossed the purple bridge. For some reason ponies would do musical numbers for no reason. Everypony would think its normal and go along with it. The horror of them moving in with a welcome song. With a huge dance number. All she could think the whole time is did they plan this? What are they doing? Am I the only one bothered? Then I looked up at my parents and could see they were bothered too? What the hay? Cupcake still couldn't get that song out of her head.



WELCOME WELCOME

WERE GLAD YOUR HERE TODAY WE HOPE YOU WILL

STAY AND STAY FOR WE IN PONYVILLE LIKE NEW FRIENDS WHO LIKE TO SMILE

WE HOPE YOU STAY HERE FOR A WHILE------------------------------------>



Let me tell you I wasn't smiling. But today it was clear. No musical dance numbers. Yet. I kept walking until in the distance I saw a red schoolhouse. This is it. The one I saw on my balcony. There were fillies and colt running about. It must have been morning recess. Like at my old school. I looked around. All I had to do was make a new friend. I looked around. When I spotted a mare with a tan coat and glasses. With white curly hair. She was reading a book. I trotted over to the tree was under. I trotted up to her expecting her to look up but she didn't. She was entranced in the book she was reading. POLITICS FOR FOALS!




"Politics?" blurted Cupcake.
The mare looked up and glanced at the cover for book."
"Yes." she smiled.
"Oh im sorry I didn't mean to interrupt your book." replied Cupcake sheepishly.
"No its ok thats really never happened before." smiled the mare. "Not to be rude but why are you talking to me?"
Cupcake smiled. "Because your all alone. I thought you could use your friend."
"My friend?" questioned the mare. "Um I don't have any friends."
"Well I could be your friend if you want." grinned Cupcake.
"Really?" squealed the mare.
"I mean sure." smiled Cupcake.
Then the mare jumped up and hugged Cupcake.
"Cant breath." gasped Cupcake.
The mare let go.
"Sorry." she blushed. "I just have never had a friend before."
"Thats ok." smiled Cupcake. "How come you have never had a friend?'
"Well everypony thinks im a dork." frowned the mare sadly.
"Thats not very nice." concerned Cupcake.
"Ya." frowned the mare. "But don't worry im used to it."
Cupcake frowned maybe she should change the subject.
"Hey whats your name?" smiled Cupcake.
"Marion Muesly Mare the second." bellowed the mare. "But you can call me Mare."
"Well that won't be hard to forget." giggled Cupcake making them both laugh.
"So whats your name?" questioned Mare.
"Oh im Cupcake." smiled Cupcake.
"Cupcake? I like it!" beamed Mare.
"So do you like school?" smiled Cupcake.
"Oh schools fine." whispered Mare.
"Are you sure?" questioned Cupcake


"Well you see there's these mares you need to stay away from." whispered Mare.
"Whos that?" questioned Cupcake.
"Maybeline and Lemon Chiffon." whimpered Mare.
"Whos that?" asked Cupcake.
"Only the meanest ponies in school." exclaimed Mare.
"Well, well, well. If it isn't dorkzilla." a voice retorted.
"Oh no." cried Mare.
"Who said that?" I yelled.
"You don't know you must be new." replied the voice.
"Im Lemon Chiffon." retorted a filly coming from behind a tree.
"And im Maybeline." echoed another voice. Then soon enough another filly came from behind the tree.
"You must be new."retorted Lemon Chiffon.
She was a peach blonde color with orange blonde hair in a perfect bun. With a rose clip in hair.
"I've never seen you before." scoffed Maybeline.
She was purple with blonde hair in a perfect braid. But the thing about them they were both wearing tons of makeup.
"Shes new." whispered Mare.
"Im sorry dorkzilla was I talking to you?" spat Lemon. "I was talking to her!"
"Hey don't treat her like that she was just trying to help." yelled Cupcake.
"Honey, you have the looks so why don't you come hang with the cool ponies. Before dorky over here ruins your brain?" laughed Maybeline.
"No thank you." replied Cupcake. "Im going to hang with a pony who doesn't make fun of others."
Mare smiled. But Lemon and Maybeline were shocked.
"Did you just say NO to us?" gasped Lemon.
"You heard me."
"No one says no to us." barked Maybeline.
"Well I just did." replied Cupcake blankly.
"Come on Mare." Cupcake replied.
Mare couldn't believe it who is this pony?
Then with that she skipped after Cupcake.
"Who is this pony?" questioned Lemon Chiffon.
"I have no idea but shes to pretty and wit minded to give up on." replied Maybeline.
Then the bell rang. School had now begun.

Author's Note:

All the ponies named in this story are real characters. :) Hope your enjoying so far.