• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 254 Views, 1 Comments

The Story of Two. (After Story) - Genesis Swift



This is an after story of A Thespian's Pride; the story is truly the after story of Thespian's play write "The Story of Two."

  • ...
 1
 254

Drought of Tears.

The Story of Two. (After Story)

By Genesis


A final cold breeze is felt from winter and the snowfall stops; whats left begins to melt. While one colt looks upon a grave, then up to the sun's first rays illuminating his grey coat, and illuminating him only.

Thoughts parade in his mind, thoughts that bring tears to descend from his eyes; yet he continues to look up. This is Frosten Dewlovich a unicorn that as of a few months ago, began life without a sister. This is why he is up so early, to feel the sun of the new season; but to feel it alone wondering if his sister Icelia felt the sun too.

Frost blinks the last of the tears from his eyes and turns to head home. Truthfully he wasn't completely alone, Frost had a whole town that loved him; a whole town that also mourned for his loss. These friendly ponies adored Ice and Frost's company, they couldn't help but brighten up at the sight of the two siblings. All taken away by an illness that once started out so small grew into a year long problem, and when it seemed to finally pass the illness became fatal.

Just a block away from home Frost looks upon a view that gives him a deja vu of events that happened just over a year ago. A courtyard with a fountain now flowing water that was once crystal solid from being frozen, a crooked lamppost was the landmark of choice that guided him though.


"Time is a common enemy that can only be outlived. Fate allies itself with time and it is cruel to some, preventing those that most deserve it from outliving time. Time may forget them but I cannot."
~Genesis


A kitchen, a place Frost is most fond of is where he spends his time. Frost brews two boiling mugs of chocolate delight, one with marshmallows the other without. As if events were unfolding again, playing out so well with just to much change truly involved knocking is soon heard at the door.

"She always has such perfect timing," Frost says to himself as he answers the door.

At the door, Tundra Glisten a pony who was always so kind to Frost and his sister that she spent every moment during Ice's illness with Frost for comfort; while often sometimes visiting Icelia herself as well to keep her happy. A radiant pegasus mare to which Frost decided he wished to spend his whole life with.

Tundra enters with a smile, "Good morning Frost," she says embracing him in hug continuing quietly whilst holding him, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," he says returning the hug and quiet volume, "You feel pretty cold why don't you lay down and I'll get you some hot chocolate I made."

"Okay that sounds nice Frost, thank you," she says before kissing him and proceeding towards the living room, "But only if you join me."

Frost and Tundra have been together for quite awhile and yet he still glowed a deep red at any affection Tundra gave him, "Of course."

Fetching the hot chocolate Frost lays down next to Tundra; setting the steaming liquid in front of her via magic. Tundra sipped at it and turned to Frost looking at him.

He didn't quite understand why, "I-is there something wrong?"

She giggled at his confusion and used her wing to pull him closer, "No need to be shy Frost, it's okay."

Frost blushed at how close he was and how strong Tundra's wings really were. He just looked down at his hot chocolate seeing the marshmallows spiraling around, slightly causing some bad memories to resurface making him forget his other feelings for the time being. Tears slid off his eyes and hit the floor below, drawing Tundra's attention to his sudden sadness.

Frost continued to look deeply into his mug some tears hitting falling in, "Icelia," he cried silently to himself, "I miss you so much," with that he began to mourn for his passed sister in full once again.


Time of passing: 2:16 pm

Tundra lays there holding Frost crying onto him knowing that he felt so much pain on the inside. They cried until their tear ducts ran empty and couldn't cry no longer; instead sniffles and dried tears were left in their place. How could an illness put her in the hospital for a whole year all of a sudden and after all of that when it seemed almost over, time betrayed her.


Frost lay there sobbing next to Tundra causing her eyes to fill up with the same liquid that's been spilling since Ice's death. She held Frost close comforting him with nuzzles. Frost finally let out a long sigh and used levitation to pick the glasses up to wash them. As he was washing the image of Ice would flash around him an image he could never let go.

Her image began to speak, "Together forever, right brother?"

Frost hurt deeply from this and knew responding had no good benefit yet he did anyways, "I truly wish that were true," he sniffled, "But it isn't like that anymore now is it," he questioned the image.

Icelia's image began to cry, "I thought we were together forever Frost," her image dropped tears that dispersed with contact to the floor.

Frost falling victim to his own mind's illusion, he rushes to her side in an attempt to comfort. Frost could not contemplate on why and how this image felt so real, for Ice wrapped her hooves around Frost in a hug burying her face full of tears in his coat. He felt unusually happy.

"I'm always with you brother don't forget that," Ice smiled and hugged him tighter.

Frost realized Ice was right, just how she was right about everyone being part of a family; he began to smile and returned the hug to the image.


Time of passing...

Frost was spooked to find himself awake here standing next to the hospital bed; why was he here?

Giggles are heard from in front of him, Frost looks down to see his sister holding him perfectly happy and healthy. He instantly burst into tears, this was no image this was life.

"They're releasing me tomorrow brother," Ice says being smothered in hugs.

Embracing his sister happily, joyously repeating, "I love you Ice," tears still ran down his face, "I love you Ice."

Tundra walks into the room witnessing the two, "I just couldn't imagine you two without each other."

End.

Comments ( 1 )

I totes forgot to put the prequel in till just now. Fail on my part:facehoof:

Oh well I liked it. Better luck next time Gen it was fun hehe.

Login or register to comment