• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 405 Views, 9 Comments

Memoirs of a Blank Flank - SakuraSama



My life in Canterlot has been always relatively easy, if not a bit charmed. One could easily say my life is even perfect. Perfect, if not for the fact that I'm already a full fledged stallion and STILL don't have my cutie mark...

  • ...
2
 9
 405

Journal Entry Three: Part One

12th of Spring, 10:30 AM -- Canterlot Heights Train Station

I seriously think I must be the most unlucky stallion alive.

I can't believe I let Mother talk me into these kinds of things! I need to learn to speak up for myself more. I would rather be at home, out of the public eye, but due to my stupid night terrors, I am waiting at the stupid train station in the stupid morning cold.

I have to wear all this annoying clothing as well, like I usually do when I go outside. At least wearing clothing is fairly common, if not standard, in Canterlot. It's not my preference, but it helps when I want to cover my...FREAKISHNESS condition.

Ugh. I can feel my mother's eyes boring into the back of my skull right now, but I don't care. I never wanted this and she knows it. She can glare all she wants. I'm going to Ponyville for the summer, but I don't have to like it.

The nightmares have returned in full force, but it's only been a week. I wish I could manage this better, or at least, more quietly. While I was still in school, the nightmares were fairly infrequent. I worked my schedule around the problem, using nights to study and stargaze, and sleeping in the early morning hours.

Now I hardly want to close my eyes for even a quick nap, for fear of slipping into more subconscious horrors.

My mother came to my most recent visit with Dr. Helping Hoof, and proceeded to tell him that the nightmares, the screaming and the insomnia had returned, after almost a year of progress. He grew very concerned at this and suggested that I needed some "time to get away from it all" and relax. I had been getting hardly an hour of sleep each night, the rest of the evening plagued with fear and paranoia, so I wasn't completely against the idea.

I desperately need more rest, but spending my entire summer in little, backwater, "who the hoof has even heard of" Ponyville wasn't what I had in mind. What about Las Pegasus? Or even Manehatten? I'm more of a city pony, to be honest. The countryside has sunshine, bugs, dirt and a bunch of other stuff I don't care for. Not to mention there's nothing to do there. I suppose it will be peaceful there, though.

Mother says we supposedly have family in Ponyville, some relatives on my father's side who moved there long ago. I'd heard about them when I was much younger, that I had even had a filly cousin there who was about my age. She still lives in Ponyville to this day, but Mother says you'd swear she had just arrived by chariot from Canterlot yesterday. She even has her own shop, which doubles as her living space. Hard to believe she's actually a year younger than me.

According to my mother, as soon as Rarity heard where we were visiting from, she extended the invitation immediately. She insisted both my mother and I stay with her at the boutique, my mother for a few days for sightseeing and myself for the remainder of the warm season. She sounds like a nice enough unicorn, but if she's anything like real Canterlot snobs, I doubt we're going to get along very well. Maybe I can find a dark corner to hide in and read until I can finally return home.

At least I managed to snag the newest Great and Powerful Trixie comic at the newsstand before we bought our tickets. I want to read it now, but I'm thinking I'll save it for the train ride instead. I wish I had a mastery of my magical talents like Trixie does.Or like my dad, for that matter. Heck, just some confidence wouldn't hurt. Or maybe something to be confident about?

I suppose confidence comes easier when you're actually doing something, instead of waiting for your life to start.

The train leaving for Ponyville has just arrived, though we still have a bit of time before we need to board. The station isn't overly crowded, but I don't mind boarding last, to avoid any unnecessary attention. I'll find a nice window seat in the back and get some enjoyment out of this forced vacation .Once I'm settled, I can write some more later.

Hidden Talent

Author's Note:

( Was thinking of calling entries that fall on the same day 'parts', what do you think? I'm having a lot of fun writing this so far. :3)

Comments ( 6 )

Fiction so nice, you did it thrice :pinkiehappy:

I guess he doesn't follow hoofball, then. :pinkiehappy:

3648649 Nope, Hidden Talent is an egghead to the core. :twilightsmile: He can get rough if need be, though. :twilightblush:

3648562 I was gonna wait to post, but I couldn't help myself... :twilightblush:

Las Pegasus, I see what you did there :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment