• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 758 Views, 8 Comments

The stallion that time forgot - Dusk Moonlight



In the early times of equestria, back when Clover the Clever was alive, Luna was banished in the moon alone right, Right?! In this tale of Dusk Moonlight, find out who he is and, most importantly, how he got sent to the moon with Luna.

  • ...
 8
 758

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Okay, this story is going to change POV's. Alot

Mainly, it is going to be in Dusk's point of view, but will be often changed to make a point or clarify something.
Have no worries, I'll tell you when it changes.

So, without further ado, enjoy chapter two.

Or don't, I can't tell what is good, but I can tell you what isn't, and this is probably one of those.

Just saying.

Oh, and by the way, I'm sorry it took so long.

Dusk's POV.

My head.

My head feels like it's on fire.

Those were my first thoughts as I came to.

I then notice where the pain was coming from.

My horn.

Slowly I cracked my eyes open and took in my surroundings.

I was in a fairly small room aglow with the faint light of surrounding candles. To my right there was a window letting in the soft moonlight of my namesake. Under myself I felt something warm and soft, and upon further inspection, I found it was a mattress. In entirety, the room was about as big as normal sized bed quarters. Suddenly a small snore interrupted my scouring for information on my location. It seemed to be off to my right.

I jerk my head in the direction of the noise. The sudden movement makes me yelp in surprise and pain. The snoring stops and I hear a yawn in the direction the snoring was in. My head is in such a position, that if I turn my eyes just a little to the left, I can see who the pony in the room is.

It's Starswirl.

"How art thee, Opacare?" he asks, his voice slurring from just waking up. I flinch, not from the pain, but because he used my real name. I don't like ponies using my real name because my father gave it to me before I was born. He left us while my mother was in labor, so I never knew him. Every time I hear "Opacare" it only reminds me of that.

When I answer I almost forget that it is traditional to use the Formal Equestrian language while on the premises of the castle.
"We are fine, how doth Dawn fare?" I lie, in all truth my head fills like it could explode any minute, but I am more worried about Dawn than my-self.

"We have checked and she fares quite well, she seems to show signs of recovery on every morrow."

I nod and memories of, what I assume, a day ago begin to surface in my mind. Even in retrospect, it all feels like a dream, like any moment I am going to wake up and realize that I wasn't just attacked in my own home, the only place I actually ever felt safe. I pinch myself and try to wake up as pain recedes from my leg. Nothing happens.

Looking at my memories, I remember an odd flash before I fell unconscious. I am curious as to what it was, but I cannot move without a groan of pain escaping my lips, so I decide not to pursue it until I am fully healed.

Starswirl breaks the silence that I didn't know was forming when he talks.

"Thou hath been asleep for four days."

My stomach suddenly feels uneasy and I just stare at him like he is crazy. If he actually thinks what he just said is true, he probably is.

"Impossible," I say it is, after all, impossible, magical flurries such as mine have only resulted in slight discombobulation, and with the more powerful ones, at most, two days time asleep.

"Yet," he begins,"here thy are, waking up four morrows later." He then points to calender to his left, a new invention by the princesses to mark the days, and there are small X's on every box until they stop four days after my birthday. It has been four days time.

I just stare at the board and then, back to Starswirl. His cloak and hat are on the floor to my left, revealing a soft grey coat and, at the bottom of his legs, white hooves which are a sharp contrast with my black ones. His beard and mane are both disheveled, with mane sticking out at odd angles. I can see a beginning of a smile in his old eyes, for some reason.

"You need your rest," he begins, his voice kind, dropping both his accent and his voice, as to not be heard," you are scheduled to meet with the princesses on the morrow after you wake up, and seeing how you just woke up....." he trails off though I already know what he was going to say, anyway.

My mouth goes bone dry, and I feel my heart rate quicken. I had met with the princesses briefly before when I and Dawn went with my mother as reported her findings in magic, but my mother was with me then and, judging by the situation, she probably wouldn't be when I meet with them now.

I nod slowly, partly because I don't want to hurt my head shaking too vigorously, and partly because my mind is occupied with fears of the many ways the meeting could go wrong tomorrow. I slide down into my mattress and press my head deep into the pillow waiting for sleep to come.

It doesn't and I'm not surprised.

After awhile I begin to hear the soft snores of Starswirl, and they begin to lull me to sleep.

The last thing to go through my head before I fall asleep, is fear of tomorrow.

*********************************************************

I awake to the soft pitches of a violin.

My eyes drowsily open to find a orange coated earth pony with a dark brown mane and startling pink eyes, softly playing away at said instrument. I instantly recognize him as Trumpet Philharmonic, the royal musician. He notices I am awake and smiles.

"Art thou well?" he asks using his well trained accent. It is so convincing that it wouldn't surprise me if if was his only way of speaking. It might be.

I smile and nod. This time I am not lying, as my head feels much better than last night, and now am far more relaxed.

"We have been sent to collect thee, for thy's meeting with the princesses." he says his face calm.

Suddenly I'm not so relaxed any more.

I gulp and nod. I try to talk as steady as I can, and surprisingly, it comes out clear."You may go ahead of Us and tell them We are on our way, We may be minute."

He nods and walks out of the room.

When he leaves I just stare at the wall in front of me. I didn't really have a reason to stay behind, I was just stalling as much as I could. Finally, after about one and a half minutes I get up and start in the direction of the meeting. I didn't want any guards to come retrieve me. While they put me in awe with their stoic faces and trained muscles, they also intimidated me greatly and being reprimanded by one was not on a list of things I wanted to do.

After a few minutes later, I realized that I didn't know where the meeting was.

About ten minutes, twenty questions about where I was supposed to go, and One busted vase hidden under the rug that I accidentally knocked over and destroyed, I finally found that the meeting was in Princess Celestia's living quarters and it would not include Luna, as she was still sleeping heavily after rising and lowering the moon, and staying up all night.

When I reached the door to her quarters, I raised my hoof to knock the door, but before I could a light voice sang out from behind the door.

"Come in." it calls lightly. I instantly recognized it as Princess Celestia's.

I comply as quickly and quietly as I can, careful not to brake anything.

The Princess is sitting at a table in the far right corner of the room, smiling. On the table are two cups of steaming tea, and as I get closer , I can smell it is peppermint.

"We are terribly sorry your Majst-." but that's as far as I get before she cuts me off.

"There is no need to be sorry," she says smiling, her voice light,"you do not need to use Royal Equestrian here. You also, may address me as Celestia."

I try not to gape, really I do, but the information just given to me is too much for my mind to handle, so a dumb expression finds itself onto my face.

Prin-, no, Celestia giggles at my face. It sounds like bells chiming in the wind.

Her face suddenly gains a serious air to it, thought it still contains her smile.

"Now," she begins, her voice the same as before,"do you know why you are here?"

I wait a few moments before I shake my head no.

She nods and begins to speak again.

"You are here because you showed extreme magical ability at your residence protecting your sister." she says.

"How-?" I begin but am cut when she answers my question before I ask it.

"When your mother got home, she discovered your house in poor shape and sent Starswirl to retrieve help. When I sent one our resident scientists and Royal Guards there, they discovered a high magical reading around several unconscious ponies, including you, and a peculiar rainbow potted plant."

I blush at the last part, turning my dark blue coated cheeks, purple.

"After much interrogation, we found out what happened, and decided on something."

"What is that?" I ask uneasily.

She smiles a large smile, revealing near pure white teeth.

"My sister is going to train you to use magic."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment