• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 563 Views, 19 Comments

Text Me, I'm Lost - Lolsternater



Five students, aged fifteen to sixteen, find themselves lost in Equestria. Alone, without each other. But they can communicate through their only living asset. Their cellphones.

  • ...
3
 19
 563

Richard Prologue: Waiting for Reply

To the east of the great city Canterlot, past the snowy ridges of Foal Mountain, deep within the trees and dark, lies a small town hidden from the world. Populated by boarded windows and smashed doors, the town had not seen the light of any living creature, or even the sun, for quite some time. Not even spiders dared touch the place so cobwebs were not an addition to the scenery. Deep in the forest surrounding the town, blue lights danced and sang with a silent tune no ears could understand.

Hollow Shades, a ghost town that most had forgotten about. Those who did remember that long since passed away or moved beyond the reach of other ponies. Yet, in the town square once only home to dirt, something stirred.

Known by his friends as the Welshmen, Richard had never really been part of the brony community. It had only been a slight interest for him, so he could put up with his friends mad conversations and ridiculous behavior influenced from the show. However, it was thanks to this that he was familiar with the art style and visuals of the show, and it was that that sent a chill down his spine as he walked around the strange town.

"Where the fuck am I?" Richard gazed around as confusion dug its claws in. Panic wasn't immediately setting in, but his senses were upset as he started to explore. There truly wasn't anyone here, no people, pets, wild animals, nothing. The place was dead silent.

Finally, he decided to check what he had available on his person, and found the only item he had was his cellphone. An Android touchscreen, something he had gotten for his fifteenth birthday, and had kept it running for over a year. Turning it on, he was relived to find it still work, and that he had a signal. Well, kind of. The signal bar kept hopping from one bar, to two, three, four, then no signal. It repeated the process and didn't stop. Deciding that was fine, Richard opened his contacts to get hold of his parents, who should be able to tell him where he is.

But they weren't there. His contacts had been emptied, everyone's numbers that he knew, friends, teachers, relatives, everyone, were gone. Except for four. Eli, Piri, Taran, and Tim.

"Where the fuck have all my contacts gone? The hell?"

Sighing deeply, he knew that these four had to still be on there for a reason. But it just had to be them. Moving into the writing the text, he used the option 'Send to all contacts' just so he wouldn't have to retype it.

'text me, pls, im lost'. It was a simple message, but it got the point through. Well, at least Richard hoped it did. He pressed send.

A screech rattled the town, forcing Richard to cover his ears and fall to the ground. Around him the windows burst from their frames and embedded shards all along the dirt road, some scrapping past him and leaving cuts. The world seemed to shake around him as old planks fell, their nails rattled lose, and some of the older buildings collapse. Abruptly the sound stopped, once again leaving the town silent.

A faint light could be seen around the corner ahead of Richard, and as he cautiously rose and watched. A blueish glowing object, too bright to make out the shape of, paused at the corner of a building, a sign of a mirror hanging in front of the door.

After the light seemed to watch him for about a minute, it suddenly leapt forward in a bee-line for Richards position. It scrapped against the side of the mirror shop, only for a moment, and seemingly jumped back; as if that was a horrible mistake. In place of where the object had touched the building, a gaping, smoking hole had appeared. The light reflected on the mirrors inside and lit the street up in display.

Richard flinched at the sudden bright light poured over him, and that pushed him from his frozen stare. That light was danger, and he knew it. He moved as quick as his senses would allow and sped down the street, a look over his shoulder showed the object was in pursuit.

It was quick, and he couldn't outrun it in a straight line. So without really thinking he dived left through an ally. The object was quick to follow, but avoided the walls. Exiting out the other end, Richard paused for just a second, and saw on the other side of what looked like a narrow arch shaped memorial monument, which had just enough space to slip through.

Wasting not a second, he drives himself through it and kept running, another glance back showed his pursuer unable to pass through without burning the monument down. Ahead of him was a train track, heading off to the left. He followed the tracks as they winded through the town, his breath growing heavy and his legs starting to give in.

The tracks finally left the town and led into the forest, and at the far end of the tracks was a beacon of light; a possible exit. Richard reached the edge where the flat ground turns to roots and trees, then was forced backwards despite his momentum. He landed on his back, smacking his head. Looking back up at what should be freedom, he was greeted with more lights. Hundreds of them, all blocking the way.

They didn't chase him like the other one, but just sat there, unmoving. Richard was trapped.

Author's Note:

Thank to the Wordsmith Bellatrix for the location of the recently abandoned town of Hollow Shades! Check out their other ideas here: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Wordsmith%20Bellatrix

I feel that didn't go quite as I'd have liked it. Doing a chase scene is kinda new to me, so anything you guys can point out that could of been better would be appreciated. Cheers for reading guys.

Comments ( 6 )

3430694
This is a collab, so to know why you've got to ask TheLuckyPucker about his chapter. The others do it fine, though.

3432732

I didn't know about this British grammar rule. Strange, I thought I was being taught Oxford English... Still, considering that other stories use the double quote, and for consistency reasons within this collaboration, can you please change the single quotes?

So you do you need an editor for this story? Just wondering?

3451534
This is really more of a project that I can do two things I love most at the same time, write and hang out with friends.
This is also secretly an attempt to get my friends writing so we have more in common.

3451984Kinda wish I could do what you're doing. I tried before, none of them went for it. Though they did say that what I did write about them was "awesome". Still, none of my friends like writing.:ajsleepy:

:applecry: It's cancelled... but it was so interesting.:raritydespair:
And now I'll never know what plan they are using!

Login or register to comment