• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 410 Views, 0 Comments

The Girl Who Followed a Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



The adventures of Ghost continues, but nothing can prepare him for the task that will soon befall onto him. Will he be able to handle this risky new responsibility?

  • ...
 0
 410

The Nightmare Within

"Where did Ghost run off too he was supposed to be back by now," Twilight said pacing around. "It's urgent that I get there to warn Princess Celestia," she said looking over to Spike and Onyx who were playing.

Spike looked over at Twilight, "don't worry yourself about it he's probably running fashionably late," he said nonchalantly.

"Yeah besides he's probably going to the celebration already so let's go," Onyx said running about excitedly.

Twilight smiled at the filly "you're probably right," she said as she got ready to leave.

Spike and Onyx ran excitedly out the door and chanted, "we're going to the Sun Summer Celebration!"

Meanwhile deep in the Everfree forest Ghost continued on venturing. He had no intentions of returning in time for the celebration as he had seen it hundreds of times. He slowly trekked through the overgrown vegetation.

"Where are those ruins? I was pretty sure they were around here," he said looking around. Without warning he felt a sharp pain in his head that made him cringe. It also came with a cold chill that roamed through his body.

"A voice seemed to echo out of nowhere, "you're getting clooooseeeerr," it said evilly.

Ghost continued slowly with the pain worsening before collapsing to the ground in pain. He closed his eyes and opened them to notice he was close the ruins he was seeking.

Back at Ponyville the whole town was in shock, Princess Celestia was missing and Nightmare Moon had threatened to shroud them in eternal night.

Twilight and five other ponies were in the library conversing when Onyx slowly came in.

"Um Twilight Ghost never came to the celebration," she said sounding concerned.

Twilight looked over at the little filly, "Im sure he's fine besides we have a bigger problem we need to stop Nightmare Moon," she said urgently. "To do this we have to find the elements of harmony," she said turning to the others.

"Well let's go!" a pink pony jumped up and yelled before zipping out the door.

Back at the ruins Ghost was slowly crawling on the floor towards the ruins. The pain was intense and the air felt as if it was in a deep chill. It felt as if ice was growing on his body. He could also hear whispers all around him, the words were inaudible though.

A voice erupted in his head, "It's right in front of you," it said darkly.

Ghost looked up to see a deep black scythe stuck in the ground. Skeletal remains littered the ground around it and it seemed to have a dark purple glow to it.

"The secret to stopping nightmare forces..is a...scythe?" he asked himself weakly. His breathing was heavy and labored as he kept inching his way closer towards it. his magic felt as if it had been drained out of him already. He was right in front of the scythe before he reached out a hoof and touched. The pain and the chill seemed to have disappeared in an instant. He stood up feeling unharmed and checking himself. He then turned back to the scythe that stood in front of him. Ghost tried grabbing it using his magic, but when he did the scythe gave off black electrical sparks and broke his magic.

"Hmm..." he said looking around before concentrating intently. He was going to try and use dark magic. He grabbed it with a black and purple aura that the scythe seemed to accept, but before he could bring it closer he became surrounded by a swirling torrent of black magic. He stood his ground unflinching but then realized it was coming closer and the previous ailments returned to him immobilizing him in the magic till it consumed him.

Two hovering pegasus watched in horror as their son was consumed into the darkness.

"We need to find Onyx," Starlight said as the both disappeared to find the filly.

By this time Onyx had followed the six ponies and watched them defeat Nightmare Moon with the elements of harmony when she was greeted by Ghost's parents.

"Onyx Ghost is in trouble something bad happened to him," Slayer said with urgency in his voice.

"You have to tell the princess," she said pointing to the inside of the structure where Princess Celestia appeared. "Onyx please hurry I sense he's in great danger.

Snowy appeared next to Onyx, "he's at the old ruins not far from here.

Onyx nodded before running inside. She noticed Celestia was with a small alicorn that was a blue-ish color. All the other ponies were bowing to them. Onyx ignored them and ran up to Celestia.

Celestia opened her eyes to noticed Onyx, "oh hey Onyx what are you doing here?" she asked. She looked around "where's Ghost?"

The small blue alicorn looked up, "did you say Ghost? He's here still?" she asked with a small excited smile.

Onyx nodded, "yes but right now Ghost is in trouble he's at the old ruins not far from here."

Celestia looked a bit shocked, "we have to hurry everypony follow me," she said before running as the rest of them followed closely behind.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment