• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 410 Views, 0 Comments

The Girl Who Followed a Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



The adventures of Ghost continues, but nothing can prepare him for the task that will soon befall onto him. Will he be able to handle this risky new responsibility?

  • ...
 0
 410

Nightmares of the Past

"Are we done princess, sorry I just really need to ask your student something important," Ghost said sounding a bit impatient.

"What's your rush all of a sudden? We're supposed to be relaxing and having fun," Celestia said sounding concerned. "What do you need to ask her about so badly?" she asked as they began to leave SugarCube Corner.

"Well...Im not entirely sure yet, but it has something to do with that filly from the orphanage, anyway it's really important that I get back to Canterlot," he said rushing forward towards the chariot that awaited their arrival.

"Alright, but next time let's have some fun and take a break from the royal duties," Celestia reluctantly said before joining Ghost.

Onyx watch the two ponies board onto the chariot, she knew she needed to be quick with her actions if she was going to attempt what she was thinking. As soon was the chariot looked ready to leave she quickly dashed towards the back and grabbed onto the edge of the chariot. The chariot then rolled slowly before taking to the skies back to Canterlot.

Once they landed Ghost ran off to see Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's student. He met her a couple times and knew she was a very knowledgeable pony that loved reading books since she was a filly.

As soon as he walked into her library he was greeted by Spike, Twilight's helper.

"Hey Ghost, if you're looking for Twilight she's somewhere in the back reading," he said pointing down a long aisle of books.

Ghost sighed and nodded before continuing down the aisle to look for the lavender colored pony.

Outside Onyx was following Celestia back to the Canterlot Castle, she passed by many guards unnoticed and followed Celestia inside back to her room. A guard coming to stand watch outside her room noticed the child.

"How did you get up here youngling?" the guard asked sternly.

"I..I came to see the princess.." she said softly.

The guard narrowed his eyes at Onyx before nodding and gesturing her to proceed in.

Celestia looked back at the door to see the grey filly entering her room. "Well who might you be dear?" she asked with a warm smile.

"My name..is Onyx," Onyx said shyly. The little filly smiled latched herself onto Celestia in a hug once again.

"Oh you're from the orphanage down in Ponyville, how did you get here?" she asked stroking the top of the little filly's head.

"Princess can I stay with you and Ghost, I don't want to go back," Onyx asked looking up at the princess.

The princess looked uneasy before smiling, "sure little one you can stay as long as you like and I'll show you where you'll be staying," she said leading Onyx out of the room.

Ghost stopped to find the purple mare flipping through the pages of a chunky looking book. "Hey Twilight you got a minute?" he asked as he came closer to her.

Twilight looked up from her book "yes?" she asked.

Ghost stopped where he was, "have you ever heard of any instances of little kids seeing things that weren't actually there?" he asked carefully.

Twilight closed the book and came closer to Ghost, "well kids have imaginary friends but if we're not talking about that there have been instances in which supposedly the kids can see ghosts," she said.

Ghost smirked "well even if they are or aren't real tell me what you know about ghosts then" he said jokingly.

"Well they are said to be spirits of dead ponies, they have supernatural powers, and some are good while others may be neutral or bad. The bad ones are sometimes referred to as nightmare forces which feed off of hate,sadness, jealousy, etc. any negative emotions basically. They can take control of any pony who has these emotions and well...let's say the outcome is bad" she said looking away. "But then again they aren't real so no need to wonder" she finally said looking back at Ghost.

Ghost nodded "thanks" he said as he turned around to leave. He stopped and looked back at Twilight "if ghosts aren't real then how do you explain my name?" he said laughing slightly.

"Oh ha ha very funny," Twilight said rolling her eyes.

Ghost laughed before continuing to walk out.