• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 411 Views, 0 Comments

The Girl Who Followed a Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



The adventures of Ghost continues, but nothing can prepare him for the task that will soon befall onto him. Will he be able to handle this risky new responsibility?

  • ...
 0
 411

The Beginning of a New Journey



The next day Onyx awoke to the sight of her friend Snowy looming over her.

"Wake up sleepy" she said with a cheerful smile.

Onyx rubbed her eyes before smiling back at her friend, "what are you doing here?" she asked stretching to get out of the bed.

"Well duh! Im checking up on you to see how everything is in your new home" she said giggling anyway there's something weird I saw last night that I think you should know.

Farther upstairs Ghost just walked into Celestia's room, she sat upright as if she was waiting for him the whole night.

"What did you want to talk about Ghost?" she asked lightly before smiling.

Ghost frowned a bit "well...I wanted to ask you what exactly happened to Luna and why was she banished to the moon" he said nervously.

Celestia's smile dissapeared before turning into a slight grin, "how come you only ask now all of a sudden?" she asked raising an eyebrow at him.

Ghost sighed "well she is supposed to come back sometime this year and I just want to make sure that once she comes back that it doesn't happen again, so everything can be averted" he said looking away.

Celestia frowned "I don't know the whole story, but I do know that Luna was exposed to nightmare forces and the forces fed off of her jealousy that not enough ponies appreciated her night and she lashed out against us" she sighing. "That's all I know, Ghost it's alright try not to worry about it Im sure she'll be fine when she comes back" she said warmly resting a wing on his shoulder.

Ghost looked back at Celestia "Im still going to look into it just to be safe, Im going back to see Twilight" he said turning around slowly and walking out the room.

"Are you serious?!?!" Onyx asked Snowy with a look of shock.

Snowy nodded slowly "I saw it once you went to sleep, and its growing too with every night" she said sounding concerned.

Onyx looked at Snowy "this is bad, it's really bad" she said looking down. "What are we going to do?" she asked frantically.

Snowy shrugged "maybe it'll go away" she said simply.

Onyx calmed down "yeah...maybe it will...I hope" she whispered.

Ghost came back to a Twilight who looked to be sleeping on a book. He slowly prodded the mare with his hoof before she jolted back awake.

"What are you doing here!?" she demanded.

Ghost rolled his eyes "I need to know more about those nightmare forces you told me about yesterday" he said sternly.

Twilight looked at him before levitating a book over to him "well this book tells how, and why they come and where they originate from; there's ruins not too far out in the Everfree forest that is said to harbor many of them and that deep in it's depths lie the secrets to vanquish them. Yet its very dangerous to go down there" she said darkly. "Why would you want to go there though?" she asked.

"I have my reasons" he said before leaving just as quickly as he came.

A shy Onyx entered into Princess Celestia's room "Um...Princess can I ask you something...?" she asked quietly.

Celestia looked up from some scrolls she was reading "why yes, anything Onyx" she said with a friendly smile.

"Um..well..I wanted to know...why does Ghost sing, and who is it for..?" she asked softly.

Celestia smirked and stood up from where she was kneeling to walk over to the filly. "He sings as a tribute to his true love little one" she said smiling.

"Who is she and what happened to her?" she asked sounding more curious.

"The moon princess, her name is Luna and she ruled over the night skies, she made the night beautiful and majestic every night" she said with a soft smile. "Im sure you'll be meeting her soon as well" she said happily before returning back to the pile of scrolls.

Onyx looked in wonderment at Celestia and then ran back out the room where she ran into Ghost had just stepped into Celestia's room.

"Oh sorry Onyx" he said looking down before looking up at Celestia. "I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, I'll be done at Ponyville" he said getting ready to turn around.

"For what?" Celestia and Onyx asked in unison.

"Um...personal business, I just want to check out something" he said with a slight cough.

Celestia narrowed her eyes at him before answering "well take a chariot down" she said staring at him.

"Oh that won't be necessary I'll be walking down there" he said wanting to hurry and leave.

Celestia paused before nodding "as you wish anyway safe travels" she said before turning back to the scrolls.

"Im coming with you right?" Onyx asked looking up at him with a smile.

"No, you should stay here where you'll be safe er...I mean where I don't have to look out for you so you don't get lost" he corrected himself. He didn't want Celestia to get suspicious of what he was going to do and he didn't want Onyx to get in the way or hurt.

"Awww, fine" she pouted.

Ghost sighed "anyway Im going to get ready and I'll leave as soon as I finish packing" he said rushing off to his room.

Onyx stood there with a frown before noticing Celestia right by her side watching Ghost race down the hallway in a flash of silver.

"Follow him for me, see what he's up to Onyx" she said before walking back into her room.

Onyx nodded before dashing after to Ghost to see him taking off his armor with the insignia of the moon to replace it with standard guard armor leaving off the helmet and strapping his sword to his side. He also packed a book into the bag on his side as well as rations before turning around.

At this time it was just becoming dusk, the cool wind swept through his room, he turned to look at Onyx and paused.

"Who were those two ponies you said you saw with me back at the orphanage?' he asked looking down at her.

"Well they said they were your parents, they were both pegasus and they called themselves I think it was Starlight and Slayer they said their names were" she said looking past him at nothing.

Ghost closed his eyes and smirked "well those are my parents alright, anyway stay here and keep out of trouble" he said before walking past her.

Onyx looked at Ghost as he left, she could see what Snowy told her about, "please don't get into trouble" she said and she quietly followed after him.