• Published 1st May 2014
  • 2,147 Views, 33 Comments

Lost and Found - MyrrWhisp



Dusk the Riolu was once an ordinary wild Riolu living with his mother, until a great accident made him loose his mother and sent him to a world of ponies.

  • ...
4
 33
 2,147

Smiles are Contagious

"You did... What?!"

Applejack winced as she finished telling Twilight what happened, and Twilight was obviously not amused. "Sorry Twi." She sighed, closing her eyes in frustration. "Ah didn't see the creature till it was too late."

Twilight hoof-faced herself, calming herself from her shocked and angered state. It wasn't her friend's fault, and she knew it. "It's alright AJ." She let her hoof slide down to the ground, keeping a serious expression. "Can you tell me what it looked like? It did attack you with some type of magic, so it might be dangerous." Her mind working fast with all the new information, they would need a backup plan just in case reasoning didn't work.

Applejack gave Twilight a thoughtful expression for a few moments before responding. "The creature was a canine of some kind... about as tall as us." She narrowed her eyes, "It was blue with a black mask and two black-" Her face scrunched up as she looked for a word to fit her description "Eh.... things dangling from the edges of it's mask, kind of like teardrops." She smiled sheepishly, continuing. "It had a yellow collar, Ah think... and also two stones attached to it's arms." She ended, then her eyes widened in remembrance.

"Ah almost forgot! Ah reckon it was hurt as well! When it tried to protect the three bunnies, it's wound must have reopened." She shook her head at the image in her head. "The thing had a gash on it's shoulder."

Twilight frowned, that could be a reason for such aggressive behavior. "Okay, then we should probably-"

Twilight was interrupted as a certain yellow Pegasus opened the door into the library and flew into the room frantically. "Oh Twilight, something terrible has happened!" She cried, "I can't find Angel Bunny anywhe-" She stopped, settling down as she looked at the two pony's shyly, trying to hide her face into her mane. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know I was interrupting something..."

Twilight and AJ looked at each other for a few moments and then looked at Fluttershy. AJ trotted over to Flutters, sighing. "Fluttershy, Ah think ah know where Angel Bunny is...”

---

Light woke the wounded Riolu up from his slumber as the morning came, sneezing as a drop of dew fell onto his nose. He groaned in protest, curling his body around so that his large, fluffy tail covered and warmed his nose. "Just five more minutes...." Dusk murmured, letting out a yawn as he tried to deceive the evil rays of light that tried to get him from his slumber.

Despite his attempts to keep his blissful sleep upon him, his mind was waking, and so was his body's nervous system. "Oh great Arceus!" He growled in pain. Every muscle in his body was sore, and his wound was throbbing angrily once again. Grimacing, he forced himself up, crawling out from under the ferns and into the small clearing.

What did I do to deserve such pain... He thought sullenly, slowly stretching out his sore muscles, making sure not to affect his shoulder wound in any way. He knew it was best to leave it alone for now.

After he was done, he shook himself, it was time to find out where he was. His eyes searched for his Buneary looking friends, easily finding them all huddled together under the safety of a bush. He smiled slightly, they were peacefully asleep, probably not a worry in their minds. He sighed, oh how he wished he was the same.

Shaking his head to throw away the threatening memories, he scanned farther into the distance, his ears perking at a distant sound... well not that distant actually. Huh... I wonder what it is...

Curiosity filled his mind, oh he just was never one to not find out what something was! He still hesitated, this was just like what happened a few days ago, blindly running into things that could end in your demise. I just have to be careful He thought, Then I will be prepared if something bad happens!

Looking back to his fluffy friends, he sneaked cautiously away, following the sounds with his keen ears. Around trees, ferns, and brush, and across a small stream, which he simply hopped over with ease. His sore muscles where finally loosening up, making him sigh with relief as the sound branched off into many different sounds, and the volume grew louder.

Then the forest stopped, revealing what made him gasp in fear and hide behind the nearest tree.

A town.

Dusk took deep breaths, hoping no one could hear his racing heart. Don't panic Dusk! Don't panic! He thought sternly, slowly recovering from his state of panic. Slowly, he crouched down, closing his eyes as he let his consciousness flow into the town.

First, he only could say was this, LOTS and LOTS of Ponyta! From the Flying-Types, The Normal-Types, and the last kind he has yet to classify. The second, there was this Ponyta, a normal one, who seemed to have an overflowing amount of energy in it. It was much brighter than the rest, he was sure it must be very powerful.

Opening his eyes, he put his good paw on his chest, sighing. He couldn't imagine so many Pokémon could live like humans. He, finding his curiosity growing, peeked from the tree to watch the road between two houses.

He watched for a while as the Ponyta went on with their morning chores. Many adult Ponyta walked past, not giving him much interest. His eyes widened as he heard a squeal of delight and then laughter, watching as three small Ponyta, young in age, run past, three red capes blowing in the wind as they did so. He giggled, suddenly having the urge to play along with them. He shook his head, what a ridiculous though, these Ponyta couldn't even understand them, so he would only scare them.

Then, his interest changed to a Pink Ponyta as it hopped past his hiding place, a merry smile upon it's face. Blinking, he closed his eyes for a second, suddenly feeling all the aura this one gave off. He gasped in surprise, this was the one with the unbelievable amount of aura energy!

He flung his eyes open, looking over to look at the pink Ponyta again, only to suddenly yank his blue and black masked head behind the tree. The Ponyta was looking in the direction he was hiding. His cheeks burned, now he felt like he was spying on the Ponyta. Well.... I kind of am if you think about it.

He was yanked out of his thoughts as a pink face suddenly came into his vision, yelling something excitedly into his face.

"Ah!!"

---

Pinkie Pie hopped around Ponyville, Smiling and greeting everyone in her path like she usually did.

"Hello Derpy Hooves!" She called to the flying mare above her, waving happily. Derpy, who was in the middle of doing her mail service, waved back to the pink pony, flying speedily past.

"Hello Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, and Applebloom!" She called as the trio ran past her, greeting her as they went by. "Good luck with trying to get your Cutie Marks today!" She called after them till they were out of sight.

Her smile grew wider, she would be happy as long as her friends where happy, and her friends were super-duper happy, so she was super-duper happy as well! The thought as that grew her excited, hopping up and down even faster. What types of fun would she do for her friends today?

Pinkie Pie stopped as she heard a gasp of surprise coming from the edge of the forest nearby. Hm... I wonder who that is. She thought, looking over to see area, and she saw, if only for a second, a black masked blue face.

Ooh~ She thought, hoping silently over to one side of the tree, I don't think I have ever seen someone like that here before!

She then hopped into view right in front of the new creature, grinning widely as she looked down at him. "Hello!"

"Rio!" Was all it said, looking like it was scared out of its wits at that current moment of time. She then noticed how close her face was, and giggled, stepping a few paces back.

"Oops!" She said happily, "Didn't mean to scare you~" She then examined it, her face blank for a few moments, until realization took her.

"Weren't you the one that made that HUGE crater?" She asked, "That was so awesome! You did a sonic boom and everything!"

She quivered in excitement, this was so awesome, there was a new friend to be made today! "This is super-dooperly cool! I need to make you a party for this! My friends will be so excited to talk to you!"

"Ri... Rio Riolu" The creature frowned sadly, confusion in his eyes. Pinkie looked at him for a few moments, remembering just how much sadness she had felt when they went to the crater that was given off by this creature. She was reduced to a small, sad smile, "Everyone is happier when they have hugs." She said softly, giving it a reassuring hug.

---

He forced himself not to hyperventilate as he watched the Ponyta say a bunch of nonsense he did not understand at all. Sadness filled his mind, the Ponyta looked so excited and happy, and he couldn't even understand a word it was saying. How am I going to fit in this place if I can't understand anything?

"I ...." He looked down unable to look at the Ponyta, "Can't understand you." He then, with all of his will, he looked to the odd Pokémon, sadness and confusion clearly in his eyes.

All he could remember was his heart stopped beating as the Ponyta gave him a reassuring hug. So many emotions built inside him at that moment, shock, bewilderment, relief, and… happiness where just a few emotions that surged through him. His frown turned into a small smile, now noticing that he was actually had been tearing up.

“Thank you…” He murmured, watching as the pink Ponyta broke the hug, her smile growing wider as she noticed his small smile.

Dusk giggled, wiping his forming tears away. Somehow, this pink Pokémon found a way to make his day. “I know you probably can’t understand me, but I am glad you had found me.” He got up, wincing as his wound protested, but he ignored the pain. He smiled gratefully to the pink one, receiving a grin back in return.

---

Pinkie Pie grinned joyously as the ‘Riolu’ gave off a smile. Since he says ‘riolu’ all the time, I guess that I shall call it that for now. She nodded to herself in approval.

“Ri rio lu riolu rio riolu ri, rio ri lu olu olu rio riolu ri.” Pinkie Pie blinked, tilting her head to the side as Riolu tried to say something.

“Hm…” Pinkie examined him as he got up, her cyan eyes widening as he winced in pain. “You... are hurt!” She gasped, “Maybe Fluttershy could help!” She said excitedly, happy to help a new friend. “Stay right here! I’ll be riiiiiiight back~”

Pinkie Pie then sprinted off, searching for the yellow Pegasus with earnest.

---

Dusk gazed after the pink one as it sped away, slightly confused but now very amused. Well, it seemed like he knew at least one of these weird Pokemon was friendly. He scrunched his face up in deep thought, now only if he could understand them...

He looked up at the sky, blinking in surprise as the sun was high up in the sky. Oh no... He thought with a grimace, the three Bunneary would be up by now. He quickly had to turn around, only to see the trio staring at him with shocked expressions.

"What?" He yipped, blushing slightly, "I just wanted to explore a bit, that's all!"

The white one but his paw to his face, keeping it their for a but before letting out a sigh and signalling him to follow them. Dusk shrugged, a little smile on his face as he continued their little journey through this forest.

Author's Note:

Gah, sorry this took so long.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, since I have EOCs soon, my next chapters might take a while. We shall see.

Comments ( 11 )

Well, looks like the next chapter is done, it is a bit small though. :twilightsheepish:

Anywho, I hope you like the new chapter!

about as tall as us.

so ponies are only 2'4"?

Nice storie i hope you continue it

Hello all! Its been a while since I last posted, but I am here to just brief the news that is in my blog post. :pinkiesmile:

So basically real life was being a but and i couldn't get on my computer for a while, but now I am back. I am now writing the next chapter, or what I had of it so far, but it is going to take longer since I am taking my time so the chapters to come will have more quality and quantity for you all to enjoy.

Now, the writing begins! :yay:

nice story. but know I am just waiting for the next chapter.

This is pretty awesome! Can't wait for the next chapters! :twilightsmile:

This is very well written. Please update soon.

4758476
Is this dead? Are you dead? Is life meaningless? Is god real? Are we even real?!?!

Login or register to comment