• Published 8th Oct 2013
  • 2,268 Views, 25 Comments

Awakened - King Sombra11



Sombra returns and this time he shall not fall.

  • ...
3
 25
 2,268

Final sacrifice

"Luna"

Luna turned around sharply. she knew that voice. Knew it all to well, even as deep and distorted as it was she would recognize it instantly. King Sombra stepped out the shadows. But something was off, the look on Sombra's face... it was almost as if he deeply remorseful or in pain. Her wonder and surprise grew as a single tear ran down his face.

"Luna" he moaned again a low pitiful sound. "Luna, what have I done? what have I done?!?"

"He must be delirious" she thought, but she thought she glimpsed his coat turning a lighter shade. But before her very eyes saw it turn back to its the glossy black colour. Sombra shook his head and looked up grinning.

"So sorry about that dear. A bit of momentary confusion and weakness." he snarled the last word.

"Sombra" Luna said "why have you come?"

That remorseful look returned.

"in truth I don't really know" he replied, with a frown. his voice was no longer a snarl or growl but held a rather sullen tone to it. Luna frowned this was the behaviour of Sombra's former self. Could it be? Could he be reverting to his old self. the thought filled her with glee until Sombra went and smashed it.

"Do not think me soft princess" he spat "I see that look on your face, I came here to do naught but try and convince you to change teams so to speak. But obviously that cannot happen I shall see you tomorrow princess... on the battlefield" With that he stepped back into the shadows and disappeared.

"No wait!" Luna cried, but upon realising he was gone she collapsed, and started to cry.

Sombra stood, he heard the thumping of hooves in the distance, the distant sound of war drums and the fanfare of the trumpets. Next came the sound of his own troops assembling, taking position and his general bellowing orders. As he trotted outside, he saw the form of the celestial sisters, behind them the royal guard and the rest of the army. He grinned, it was a sadistic smile the one of a predator that was going to play with is prey.

"OUR TIME IS NOW!!!! GO FORTH AND DESTROY ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE OUR RULE!!!" Sombra roared, at once the legion rushed forward screaming and shouting furiously.

Celestia turned to face her forces.

"The time has come to defend your homeland my brave ponies, may you be strong of heart and arm go forth and protect us all" Celestia yelled.

The battle had been raging for hours. The barbaric forces of Sombra's legion had descended on the equestrian defenders with ferocity and without mercy. Ponies screamed as Sombra's troops stabbed and hacked with their crystal blades. Celestia used her magic to turn the legions troops into ash, but even she was getting overwhelmed. Sweat beaded her muzzle. Luna was faring no better but her problem was of a different nature, the raging battle, the corruption, all the hatred was flowing through her awakening the one thing she feared the most.

Meanwhile Sombra was in paradise, Fear, Hatred, Pain, Suffering. This was HIS domain, the power literally hummed through him, black shadow oozed out of him so much was he overcharged. A royal guard managed to slice his flank with a sword, a thin bead of blood leaked out. Laughing Sombra reared up on his hind legs and stamped down...HARD. Crystals erupted out of the ground in a ten mile radius. The tips where razor sharp as they pierced the flesh of the ponies, screams filled the air, the battle was finally pushing in Sombra's favour!

Meanwhile Twilight and her friends had snuck around the edge of the battlefield, upon seeing Sombra though they rushed into the fray and immediately charged up the elements of harmony.

"Now girls!" shouted Twilight. Perfect shot.

Sombra screamed while the magic of the Elements surrounded him. IT BURNT SO MUCH. His coat blistered and the shadows began to burn. Soon there was just a smoking crater where Sombra once stood. Around the battle stopped, with Sombra gone the legion as one screamed and dissolved into nothingness. Soon the whole of the Equestrian forces where cheering, they had won! But no one had noticed Luna struggling with her inner demons everyone except form Shard. Out of the smoking crater a small unicorn had rose out and rushed over to Luna. Twilight noticed the small unicorn and rushed over with glee.

"I did it, I reformed you!" Twilight shouted. But trailed off when she saw Shard trying to help Luna, But it was too late>

"I HAVE RETURNED!!!" The sun was ripped out of the sky violently and replaced with a moon so big ponies could see the detail on it even from the earth. Stars shone brighter than they ever did, almost burning with unholy light. Nightmare moon had returned.

"Shard save her!" Celestia cried. Muttering to himself Shard reached down and pulled up all his hatred all of his anger all of his corruption. with a roar Sombra had returned. But something had changed within the evil stallions heart.

"NIGHMARE MOON, RELEAE THIS FORM NOW!" Sombra roared.

"Fool!" she cried "Your love has made you weak, now I shall rule".

Sombra snarled, suddenly leathery wings that ended in sharpened talons whooshed out from his back with a long creeeak. He flew up to nightmare moon. He suddenly grabbed her. Roaring in fury Nightmare Moon impaled him with her horn, all the while channelling dark magic into him.

"give me your hatred, my love" Sombra whispered. Suddenly Nightmare Moon began to shrink. Soon Luna lay in the weak grip of King Sombra. her eyes slowly opened to see just in time Sombra smile one last time.

"what?!? Shard?" she questioned. Sombra too began to slowly shrink in size, until and small unicorn was in his place.

"Luna, never forget I always loved you" Whispered Shard.

"what? I don't understand?" Luna said. But then Shard fell to one side, in his chest was a gaping wound. Surely nopony could survive anything last night. Celestia and Twilight and her friends trotted over.

"No!" Luna cried "no, no, no!" she continued hysterically. Celestia and the rest just stared on in silence.

"shhhh Luna, there is nothing you can do" Shard said weakly. Craning his head he looked at Celestia, the intensity of his stare made her shiver.

"He is coming you know, the one who turned me. He is older than time itself and is merciless, worst of all Celestia he is awake and coming for equestrian next" Shard said. he then turned to Luna.

"It was the greatest honour I could ever obtain, that my last action in this world was to save the one I love" he whispered and with that the light left his eyes and his body went limp. Luna looked up at the sky and screamed.


Luna sat in the royal garden, a tear ran down her muzzle. A large wing draped itself around her. It had been almost seven years since the rise of the crystal empire. The events where still fresh in her mind and so was the pain. A statue stood in front of her a large one, it was one of the most detailed in the gardens, upon the pedestal stood a unicorn flanked by an alicorn. One was Shard, the other was Luna. Both were shadowed by their other selves Nightmare moon and King Sombra. But the statues did not look vicious or evil but rather at peace with themselves. As Luna turned away from the statue of her lover she remembered his warning, and his final sacrifice. She would never forget him.

Author's Note:

Hi guys would appreciate feedback. I have finally finished so hope you enjoy!

Comments ( 8 )

Your story's shorthand premise is eerily similar to mine :rainbowlaugh:
I am going to browse through this when I get the chance. Lovely idea, mate.

3667335 Why he died !! is soo sad!!

:applecry::fluttercry::fluttershysad::raritycry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sombra died!!!!!!!!!

4878005 I could not resist. I had to kill somepony after all.

As a Luna/Sombra Fan I enjoyed it, :pinkiehappy: it has a good background and a good Story. :raritystarry:
I am kind of trying to write my own Luna/Sombra fanfiction, there is going three Stories, the first one is almost finished, it is call Purity and Corrupt, it is only got one more chapter left. the only problem is that I can write good dialogue just not good background.

This story is sad yet sweet. :applecry:

Login or register to comment