• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 885 Views, 59 Comments

The Club - Gohma Dameon



An innocuous package left on Twilight Sparkle's doorstep marks the beggining of a journey of self discovery, which will challenge her perceptions of Equestrian society, her relationships with the ponies closest to her, and even her own sexuality

Comments ( 8 )

Not a PinkieDash chapter but I will try to commit in some detail tomorrow evening (my evening of course). First impressions are good and I think the game did not bog down but I will need to read again to understand everything ( I am SO tired right now).

Still not approving of the RariLight and Twi's compliments of Rarity still hurt my eyes.

Still, at least there is more focus on politics and how this one club could get an influence into Equestrian policy. So I can live with that.

Didn't mind the length of the description but I'm not 100% sure I understood the game's rules. The scene with the spa sisters was great. Head Turner... frankly with the false names I assumed they weren't an OC and I just didn't know their real identity. Having OCs is not, by itself, the real problem in fanfics, it's the way they're inserted into the story rather than being a part of it that makes them suck. Your OCs (villainous or otherwise) are fine; they all have an identity within the world that is believable, at least from what we've seen so far. Using the fake names makes it easy to not notice which ponies are OCs, too.

5171654
Crimson! One of my most consistent commentators. :pinkiesmile: I've missed hearing your two cents; I never seem to have enough psychic change these days. I eagerly await your more complete thoughts on my writing. :rainbowkiss:

5171810
It's still wonderfully gratifying to know that you enjoy the plot of my story in spite of the overt sexual themes and choice of shipping. I know for a fact that the next chapter will be Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, but the following chapter will finally see Twilight Sparkle in Canterlot and bring us right up to the cusp of the much anticipated vote. I must apologize in advance, the first draft I'm working on has the opening scene intermixed with Twilight's recollections of recent sexy fun lesbian times, so you may find yourself slogging through more of that. :facehoof: I'm so sorry, but also not.

5173259
Oh, dear. I had never intended to obfuscate the identities of OCs using the aliases. To be clear, when a character is introduced by Club name (and has a speaking role), I will allude to their identity as a character from the show, if they are one. Mind, I use the Club names since Twilight may not know them, and in the context of the scene it is appropriate.
That aside, I wish you would elaborate on the scene with the twins a bit more. I want to know what works well for my readers and what doesn't. For instance, my attempts to use tasteful euphemisms. I'm never sure if it's more trouble than it's worth or possibly just aggravating.

One thing I'd like to ask anyone bothering to check the comment section: Should I make... let's call them Supplemental Chapters - that explain things that may not be entirely clear? Basically, if my readers leave me comments about things such as the card game, I will post 1,000 words or less that just explain it in greater detail. Not actual chapters, but more than just comment responses. It's an idea that I've been toying with, and the FiMFiction chapter by chapter format let's me respond to readers in this way. I could potentially leave the chapters unpublished and just let everyone know what the password is to see these "hidden" extra bits.

Use blog posts to answer questions/clarify.

I'm not sure I can give useful data for the smut; I'm pretty easy to please with that stuff. Language was fine, wasn't too dirty or too flowery. Twilight's lines weren't very sexy, but I'm always more about the bondage/submission. Encasement felt kind of tame, but that may be because she kept repeating how much she liked it.

5174714
Yay, we have a dialogue going! I'm always kind of wary about using the blog overly much. I feel like I might add clutter some people's feed. Not to mention my other, non-sexy story may have netted me some watchers who wouldn't so much want posts related to my smutty story. I'll think about it.
The encasement was tame because she liked it? I thought I made it clear that the encasement was sort of more intense than what Twilight liked. She mostly responded positively to the less severe bondage and sadism/masochism I thought. Looking back, I'm fairly certain none of Twilight's lines suggested she enjoyed being totally unable to move.
Lastly, how could I have made Twilight's lines more provocative? I went for somewhat passive, but needy. Should I have made her more sultry? More hesitant?

5175029

I don't know quite what I meant about the encasement. Maybe the problem was that it was in a room full of friends? It didn't feel like she was really trapped. The idea that she would be left that way waiting for Rarity later was what I liked most.

I'm not sure anything she could say would improve my experience; I'm not big on the talking while they're tied up, generally it's the imagery or internal thoughts that get me.

Really, though, my preferences are somewhat due to my kinks; bondage is a bit on the periphery for me, and it's the submission I tend to focus on. I personally would have liked more focus on her doing it because Rarity ordered her to, but stuff I like tends towards less healthy/realistic relationships so I really don't expect something well written like this to be exactly my kind of thing.

Sorry for taking so long I have been quite busy with work and the like (things are still pretty crazy so here is a very basic set of comments).

Your gaming section reminds me of the Sabaac (spelling probably is wrong) in my old Han Solo novels which is a good thing as I greatly enjoyed those novels. I think this can work for you as long as you don't concentrate too much on the rules in later installments (because they should not be needed so much then) and more on the drama created by the situation or use it as a backdrop for thinking about other things. As that it can be a very effective vehicle of drama.

As for being a politician that makes sense to me so no problems there. I have no problems with OCs so long as they do not overshadow our favorite characters since they are the focus of the story (not likely here but worth mentioning).

The sex scene is hard for me to evaluate as it is not my type of sex scene so I am not really sure how to view it. I have no problem with it but it is not how I tend to view/do things so it is hard for me to really discuss with any sort of expertise. On the surface it sounded like a good sex scene with some detail but I do not think it was too gratuitous. How does it affect their relationship? Well it seems like they both like it whereas I personally would not. I would feel mistreated in that sort of relationship but that is why I am not into those sort of things. I think you need somebody that likes this sort of things or at least really understands why they like this sort of thing (I am neither). Sorry I could not be more helpful with that.

I found it fun having Twilight thinking through the game and her thinking about the sex act and how it confused and yet excited her.

I can't wait for the Pinkie and Dashie chapter. I just love seeing that relationship develop and theirs have a lot of room to develop since they are barely even dating yet.

Login or register to comment