• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 998 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 998

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Maybe once more

The ground of the Everfree forest is uneven, cluttered with untamed plants and fallen leaves and branches all blended perfectly to the slick wet dirt from the previous rain that must have fallen in the forest.

But the dark forest's uncertain terrain doesn't slow the four young ponies as they continue to quickly dash further into it. Instead there gallops are slowly coming to an end because of their own will, not because of the unknown world around them that they still foolishly ignore.

"T-that was great!" Bell's slightly out of breath voice rings around the forest no longer worried about alerting anypony and ruining their plan.

The tan stallion leans to a mossy tree trunk as he wiggles his hoof a little up in a weak cheer, "Yay...can we go now?"

His comment sparks the orange stallion next to the lavender mare as he nods, "Ya, what if Pearl tells on us?"

"HA! That pony tell on us?! She knows we have caught her doing somethings she don't want anypony finding out about...Besides you heard her, she'll get us back at school." Bell gives another little laugh as the stallion begins to steady his breathing, "...And that's like two months from now, so we're good."

Sparky gives a little nod to the comment as the pegasus stretches his wings out a little, "Should we get back? That parasprite should have scared everypony off by now."

"OH come on Sparky, live a little...Besides we're only a few short gallops away from the farm." As Bell's confident words end a tree branch snapping sends a cold reality bringing chill through the four ponies spines.

Violet's ears perk up to the sound as her horn takes on a bright blue glow, but she hesitates on a spell not knowing where to look.

"H-hey maybe Sparky's right *pant* we should head back..." The tan stallion moves from the tree as he turns back towards the way they came, "You know, that way we don't become timber wolf food or something? Ha-ha?"

The blue unicorn's lapsing confident tone comes back as he nods his head, "Ya lets get moving."

As he moves his way back to the group Violet and Sparky start to follow after their friends as they still hold a keen eye and ear to the world around them. But the light purple mare's horn starts to drop its glow to more of a simple path lighting dimness as Bell's voice comes back to the group as he tries to lighten their moods.

"So how is this for a send off huh Sparky?"

The almost pointless conversation is snatched up by the pale orange pegasus as he speaks up, still holding his stuffy nosed voice down to a low as to not stir the world around him, "Ya it was great..."

A faint laugh comes over Bell as he nods to the young mare that now has moved to the middle of the group to better light the uneven forest path, "How come you're going to Canterlot again? I mean come on Violet is a filly prodigy so we know why she's going, but you, you can't even get past the clouds when you fly."

The light purple mare picks her head up a little proud to the stallion's words as she trots more towards the front of the small group.

Sparky on the other hoof just blows his friend's comment off as he speaks up, "You know i'm going there cause my dad wants me to attend the Wonder Bolts academy."

Futty and Bell both let out a low chuckle as the tan stallion speaks up, "Really? Come on Sparky you're not going to be the next Soarin or Visk Bolt, heck you couldn't even hold a feather to Fleet Foot?"

The orange pegasus just rolls his eyes to the two young stallion's laughs as he speaks up, "Ya I know that...I want to be a cloud shaper, you know create all the sculpted clouds you always see at a Wonder Bolt track."

Bell nods to the comment as he still holds his light chuckle, "Ya ya, you get a cutie mark from carving yourself into a cloud and suddenly you think your the best cloud sculpture."

Sparky's ears flop down a little as he shrugs the comment off, "So...I like it."

The blue stallion turns his head to the mare in front of him as he changes his tone up, "What about you Violet? We know you're going for that unicorn school but what do you want to be?"

Violet's ear flicks to the comment knowing she can't just stop her trot to bring her hooves up, luckily her response is not needed as the tan stallion speaks up through the slight smacking of his lips, "Mhmmm I want to be a baker....oh ya...just make pies all day long..."

The blue unicorn squints to the tan stallion's far off gaze as he just roll his eyes, "Right?"

As Bell's words end the tree line to the forest gets a little more sparse and the light from the half moon shines in a bit brighter. Without a word all four of the young ponies start up in quick gallop that brings them to the end of the forest's hold and back into the low bushes in front of the farm's outskirts.

But there gallop halts as they bring their eyes to scoop out the world around the barn, there is no pony in sight but they still all hesitate to move.

"Hey...Violet, time to see if that spell worked huh?"

From Bell's words the light purple mare's horn starts up in a dim blue glow, that flickers on and off like a beacon. With each flicker the light chime of her magic rings around the group as Sparky comes up beside her to finish the last bit of t their plan.

Violet's magical beacon comes to an end as she smiles to the yellow ball of bug wings that zigs and zags towards her. But the blue glow doesn't stay gone for long as she lowers her horn and brings it to spark up in a quick firing bolt.

The snap of light from Violet's horn hits the bug and brings it to the ground as it's bug like wings become a frosted and stopped mass.

Bell and Futty start up in a laugh as they trot pass the readied pegasus, "Looks like we didn't need you chasing that thing down after all."

Sparky just gives a nod with a slight bit of disappointment that he didn't really get a chance to chase the bug down.

The blue stallion's horn sparks up in a low pink glow as the jar that was left from there gallop comes to the parospite and scoops it in, "Don't worry about this thing, we can let it out you two should just head on home."

Violet holds a happy smile as her hooves and ears start up through a motion as the blue unicorn tries to follow the fast paced sentence. But the young mare stops her motions as he speaks up, "Whoa whoa whoa, you're going like a gallop a second..."

The mare rolls her eyes to the words as she start up the motions again. Over the years the three stallion's have learned Violet's hoofing and the light purple mare knows to usually keep her speed down for their sake. But still repeating even a simple hoof motion has always kind of annoyed the young mare, as she gets through her motion the blue stallion again just cocks his head, "What about Apples?"

Sparky speaks up as the mare rolls her eyes again, "She wants to know if you two know were to take it?"

Futty and Bell both blow to the comment as the tan stallion speaks up, "Ya, don't worry."

"Alright." Sparky turns towards the quiet mare as he speaks up, "Um...I can walk you home if you wan to go?"

Violet blinks to the stallion's unsure tone for a moment, but she doesn't give it a second thought as she starts her trot pass the orange stallion.

But there trot doesn't get too far before Bell's voice comes back to their ears, "Hey..." Violet and Sparky turn their heads to the muddy blue stallion as he nods his head, "...Good luck."

They return the nod as there trot comes back to them.

- - -

The trip back from the edge of the Sweet Apple acres has been quite, partly because both Violet and Sparky are a little exhausted from there night but mainly because the orange pegasus knows he can't really hold a conversation with the mare beside him. However the lack of a distracting conversations has made the two ponies's bodies a little more susceptible to the cool night's nip as it runs past the wet mud that still slightly clings to their bodies.

But the quite stallion's stuffy nosed voice comes back to him as the lights of the library tree house starts to mold the building just down the road, "So uh Violet...Are you looking forward to the train ride tomorrow?"

The light purple mare turns her head to the stallion's pointless small talk as she shakes her head.

Her gesture turns the orange stallion's head into a copying nod as he tries to hold the conversation, "Ya, me neither..."

As his words end a quiet and slightly awkward silence falls over the pegasus as he looks over the house that has rapidly approached them, "Well i'll see you tomorrow Violet." A friendly smile comes over the stallions face as he stops his trot a little ways away from the library as he brings himself to his wings, "Night Violet."

Violet just nods her head to the words as she continues her trot towards the house.

- - -
(Inside the house)

You've moved one of the chairs to sit right in front of the red painted oak tree door; from your seated position you have cut off all access to the upstairs unless you decide to move.

The thought brings a smile over your face as you continue to hold your eyes just begging the door to come open, that's right Violet...Your shape shifting father has taken on the form of a stair blocker. Your dumb smile widens as you hold that thought and continue to run through the speech you have prepared for the young mare that is currently pass the time she said she would be out.

Although the moment of strange badassery that you currently have is cut short as the sound of Twilight's voice from the main library hits your ears, "Are you going to help me in here or not?!"

From the mare's slightly moody sounding tone you quickly stand up from your seat as you trot to the threshold of the library, but as you do you halt your legs as you just blink to the cluster of books that fill the floor of the library.

You hold your confused stare as you drift your eyes to the puffed sided lavender mare with slightly curled mane that bears a resemblance to her mother's style. You bring your eyes to her slightly impatient stare as you speak up, "What?"

"What? Do you mean what? You said you would help me put the books away after I packed Violet's school stuff." Twilight's heavy body keeps her from lifting her hoof as she nods her head to the over stuffed satchel that sits to the table in the middle of the room.

You just blink to the stuffed bag as you trot more into the room with a faint laugh, "You said a few things? I didn't know we were breaking her back?"

Twilight rolls her eyes to your words as the sound of her heavy carrying hooves clap to the library, "No, why would I say that? It's Violet's first year, of course she's going to have a lot to do."

The mare's moody tone holds as you bring to float the books from the ground with your own magic, one thing that you have learned over Twilight's magically forced extended almost two year pregnancy is that when she's in a mood the best thing is to just do what she says...It's better for her and much better for you.

As you focus to reshelving what looks like half the library the sound of the front door closing turns your head.

"Oh Violet you're bac-...what happened?" Twilight's voice turns your head as you slightly drop the books in your hold as you turn your head to the young light purple mare that looks to have been rolling around in mud.

You know Violet's gotten bigger over the years but you always have to do a double take when Twilight stands next to her. Sure she's still not as tall as her but the filly has matured into an almost spitting image of her mother...at least when she styles her mane like her of course. Although this time there's no double take as you look over the dirty young mare; your mind blanks your pre-planned speech as you trot over towards her, "Are you alright?"

To the words Violet's eyes drift down to herself as she starts to realize running around in the forest after it's been raining may not have been the best idea. A sheepish smile and nod come over the young mare as she responds.

Before you can speak up again Twilight's voice has come back over the house as she trots back towards the crammed satchel, "Well you need to take a quick bath and get a good night sleep, you can't be tired on your first day."

Violet gives a confused stare to the overstuffed bag but she gives a respectful nod of the head as she floats it towards her with a little effort.

As the bag floats next to the young mare your mind starts to bring your slightly faded speech back to the front of your mind. You straighten up your stance as you attempt to hold the same confidence you had before, you even bring your hoof up a little as you speak out, "Violet do you know what ti-..."

"Oh and don't forget to pack your winter boots, Canterlot may have different weather then Ponyville but it still is going to get a little chilly." Your voice is cut off as Twilight moves back towards the light purple mare, "Come on what are you waiting for sweetie? You still need a good night sleep?"

Violet nods her head as Twilight's words don't end but continue with an even more excited tone, "How did it go? Did you find your way to Applejack's ok?"

The light purple mare gives a concealing smile as she nods her head and hoofs out her reply, of course to the response you speak up, "What dance? You went to a dance? I thought you needed Stony's Parasprite for something?"

The words spark Twilight's eyes a little wider to the young mare as she speaks up, "Parasprite? You had a Parasprite?"

Violet gives a little smile as she quickly shakes her head and gives a fake yawn. Her left hoof comes up as she taps it to her mouth and closes her eyes for a second, as her motions end she starts her trot to the stairs.

Twilight just blinks to the response as she holds her confusion to the conversation, "A-alright good night, and be ready to get up early."

You follow after the light purple mare as she quickly makes her way up the stairs with the magically floating satchel beside her. Your voice comes up as you take your first steps to the stairs after her, "Hey, you don't think you're getting off that easy do you?"

Your words halt the mare as she waits for you to trot up behind her, as you come next to her you cock your head as you try to hold some authority over her, "You still were out later then you said you would be and now-..."

Your words are cut off as you feel a quick hugging embrace come around you, the hug ends as Violet just shoots you a little smile. You ignore the dirt that now has been pressed onto you as you squint your eyes to her as you speak back up, "And you think making me dirty with a hug will stop me?"

Violet quickly nods her head with a wider smile as her soft blue eyed gaze begins to work over you much like the way Twilight does when she doesn't want to admit defeat. You tighten your stare to her as you try to hold some kind of parenting anger, but you're unable to hold it for long as the sound Twilight's voice comes up from down stairs, "So I guess i'm just supposed to clean theses books up by myself?"

You turn your body back to the stairs as you begin to trot down them, "Coming..." To your words Violet's trot rekindles, but it stops as your head swings back to her as your trot halts to the stairs, "...Get a good night sleep sweetie..."

End of chapter 1

Author's Note:

Chapters will be updated daily or every two days