• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 998 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 998

Chapter 16

Chapter 38 – Might be for us

The cold fall air has a nip of winter to it as it runs through your coat, chill of the world is both annoying and awaking as you continue to trot down the dirt path from the library.

The world is dark and the moon has not yet risen even slightly to the world, which only makes your tired mind crave sleep even more. You have no idea what time it is and you really do feel as though the train back was a longer ride.

Violet and Spike both hold to your sides as you all continue your journey that had left the library a little while ago. Really you didn't want to stop at the house before you got the the hospital but you could tell Violet was just as beat as you were, and there would had been no way for Spike to carry everything...Still the idea of having the pegasus that has continued to follow your little group carry everything did kind of cross your mind.

The thoughts to your mind seize for the moment as the outline of the hospital comes into sight through the murky dark world's light.

A deep breath comes up from you as you start your trot up a little more, your new set pace becomes the groups movements as you begin to near the building nearer and nearer.

"Violet, Spike...Don't tell Twilight about what happened." You give a little smile as you turn your head to her, "...We can tell her tomorrow or something ok?"

The light purple mare nods her head as her eyes continue to focus on the bright glass doors of the hospital that have come to hooves reach.

Your the first to take a hoof inside as the warm embrace of the building comes over to your body, however as the heavy smells of disinfectant and just all around doctor odors come to your nose you begin to become a little anxious and nervous.

Violet, Spike and Sparky move to one side as the young ponies and dragon wait for you to do most of the talking.

The waiting room is empty, which is no real surprise seeing as how Ponyville is such a small town and it being so late...You waste no time as you trot yourself over to the pink coated mare with light pink and white mane that cradles around the red cross nurse cap, "W-what room is Twilight Sparkle in?"

You take a deep breath again as the mare blinks to you and begins to think, "Mrs.Sparkles...OH." Her eyes widen again as a brief smile comes over her face. The simple grin sends a wave of relief to your body as you listen hard to her on coming words, "...That foal must have been waiting for you, please follow me...We took the foal to Twilight after she was better rested."

Without hesitation the mare moves from behind the desk as she starts to beckon you to follow after her, but you freeze to the mare's quick trot as you begin to think. Really you feel as though you should have been more prepared for this day, but all the events that have lead you to where you now stand today begin to weigh onto you...And the worst part about it is the regret you now feel.

Your trot slowly comes up as Violet, Sparky and Spike trail after you, your silent as your mind continues to race...Everything today has just been a cold hard reminder of how cruel and unpredictable this world really is, and now you and Twilight have just brought another little filly or a colt into it.

Each closed or open hospital room you pass continues to build to your mind as you follow after the mare to what looks like one of the last rooms on the left.

"Here we are." The mare stops as she holds her hoof to the door awaiting you to open it and go inside.

You nod to her words as a forced smile comes to your face...Your heart pounds and your body shakes as you put your hoof to the door and begin to crack it open.

As the door opens to the room your eyes lock to the purple mare that sits her upper body from the hospital bed's dull white covers. To the sound of the door her eyes have come up as she looks the few ponies standing in it over.

Twilight's soft purple eyes are a little teary, but there's no sorrow to her face as she gives a little smile to you.

You pause for a moment as you look over the purple blanket that the mare cradled in her front hooves. With a little bit of courage you trot closer.

However your trot closer brings Twilight's voice up as she watches you, "Y-...you should have heard your sons first cry.."

Your emotion builds to your voice as a chuckle rolls from your mouth, "Ya..."

Twilight slowly moves her front hooves with the small colt bundle up a little towards you as you take your first steps towards where Twilight sits up in the bed.

Your now watery eyes look over the beautiful hornless little colt as you just study him. His coat has just about the same color as yours only a little darker, and his mane has the same shade as your own. But the thing that strikes you a little off are the two pinkish button eyes that stare up to you.

Another light chuckle rolls from you as you poke your head a little closer to him, "...Hey..." The words that steam from your hot breathed mouth are so simple and dumbly executed that you can't help from laughing again as the little colt blinks his eyes to your words.

Twilight gives a little giggle to the colt's reaction as she turns her gaze to the light purple mare still at the doorway, "Violet...Would you like to meet your baby brother?"

To the words Violet nods her head as she comes to stand next to you.

The colt's eyes shift a little to the new pony as the colt's bright eyes stare to Violet.

"Aerolight, can you say hello to your big sister?" Another tired out giggle comes from Twilight as she just stares to the small dark creamish colored colt in her hold.

A faint and quite yawn comes from the tiny colt as it starts to close it's button eyes to the world.

You hold your smile to it as your previous thoughts just mix into one as you bend your head to kiss Twilight's head.

The nurse mare takes a step inside as she speaks up, "Now everything should be okay for tomorrow, but until then I think we should all just give these ponies a little rest."

She holds a smile to you and Violet as she waits for you two to move from the bedside, with a nod you take a step from Twilight as you speak up to her, "We'll be back in the morning Twilight."

A slight nod comes from her but her attention now comes full to the little colt as you and Violet slowly trot towards the door. You hold your trot to the young mare as you bump into her a little, your voice still has a little emotion to it but you're able to bring it out as you trot into the hall, "No longer the little filly huh?"

Violet gives you a sweet smile as you hold your loving stare to the young mare.

"It's a boy right?!" Spike's childish voice comes up as he and Sparky start to trot after you and Violet.

To his words you speak up as you nod your head with a little laugh, "Yes...yes he is."

A happy laugh comes from Spike as your little group starts to quickly near the exit of the hospital.

As the cool air comes to your coat you stop a little as you just take a deep breath. However to the paused trot the mostly silent pegasus speaks up as he starts to flex his wings out, "I uh...I should head home."

You turn your head to him as you nod your head, "Alright Sparky..."

The stallion's words bring Violet's hooves into a quick motion, however she doesn't say a word as she just turns to embrace her friend with a hug.

Sparky blinks a little to the sudden mare's motion as his gaze slightly turns to you with a faint sense of fear. But you just ignore the stallion's eyes as you begin to replay a little bit of your day to your mind, Violet's hug to her friend ends quick as she gives a little smile and hooves out her goodbye.

"Night Violet..." Sparky's wings come up as he gets ready to take himself into the cooled down air, but he halts his flaps as you move a little next to Violet as you speak up, "Thanks for knocking into me earlier."

A light smile comes to the pegasus's face as he nods his head to your comment.

Without another moment he takes himself from the ground as he starts to bring his flight up and into the air. As the young stallion's wings carry him away you turn your attention back to Violet as you start your trot up again, "So..." You shake your head to your question as you try to think it out, "...So what happened in Canterlot?"

End of chapter 38