• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 996 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 996

Chapter 14

Chapter 35 – How's it going pony boy?

(A few moments earlier up the main street)

Your trot from the crystal trainstation has brought you about half way into the city, you may not visit the crystal empire a lot but you have a pretty good idea as to where you are. However as the slightly taller buildings of the inner city start to come to each side you pick your tired out pace up.

But the taller crystal buildings is not the only thing that now comes around you as you pass your trot to the what looks like waves of galloping ponies that are coming straight for you. There's no time to move as you just hope your not knocked down by the mob of ponies that now quickly dash past you.

"...He's back he's back!

"Run!"

"...I saw him I saw him!"

"...It has to be the king!! Run"

"...We're all going to be imprisoned again!"

You shoot your head around the scream talking mares and stallion that gallop past you as you try to understand their broken chatters, "Who? What are you talking about?"

No ponies stop for a moment as you continue to just swing your head around, however no answer needs to come from the ponies around you as the sound of a thunderous crack bounces from around the row of buildings to either side of you.

Your eyes turn up to the Crystal castle's seeable tip as you notice a thicket of darkening grayish clouds forming.

For a moment you can't believe it and you just stay dumbfounded to the growing span, but the moment is short lived as you start your gallop up as fast as you can weave your way through the mass of on coming ponies.

- - -

The low chime that holds the Crystal heart still chimes to Violet's ears as she looks around the orange shrouded world. Discord's dome of magic is able to be seen though on the inside, but the outside world is silent and has a deep orangey color.

"Do not fear Violet Sparkle..." Luna's horn sparks up in a bright teal glow as her and Violet's body becomes wrapped in her magic, a loud pop of magic comes to the chiming dome as they teleport only a few feet forward.

To the failed spell a laugh comes ringing around to the circular enclosure as Discord's figure starts to fade into color in a lavish red throne that he sits on, "Really? Teleporting?" his joking tone changing to a poor mocking lipsy feminine tone as he puts his paw and claw to his face in a dramatic fashion, "Oh...WE know, we shall use our sister's special teleportation spell! HA-ha ha!! Really Luna? That's your first idea?! Y-you couldn't even copy a teleportation spell in a thousand years! Why would you think my spell would be easy to break free from??"

Luna holds her head up high as she moves in front of Violet and stares to where Discord sits, "You are a fool Discord, our sister and I will not let you escape-..."

"Blah blah blah...yes yes, I understand. What will you be doing? Putting me in a stone prison!" Another laugh comes to Discord as he kicks his legs out with a child like glee.

The laughy words don't turn Luna's hard gaze as she sparks her horn up, "Do not mock our sister's actions."

Discord stops his laugh as he nods his head and turns a more questioning eye to the dark mare, "Yes..." A devious smile comes over Discord's face as he relaxes and folds his hands together, "Tell me Luna. Didn't it feel good to stand up to your sister all those years ago? Didn't it feel good to think your decision would be what Equestria followed and not your sisters?"

"Your trickery will not work on me Discord, now give up." Luna's voice has lost it's lipsy tone as the dark mare's mane starts to flow a little to her held magic.

"Oh Luna...No no no, I am not trying to trick you." Discord's voice raises a little as he points his claw to her, "I just want to know how it feels, how it feels to just give up on everything you wanted! I just want to know what it must feel like knowing that you must spend an eternity loney, how it feels to know that you may never love anypony because your sister believes it would be weakening! Tell me Luna TELL me!!" His joy loving eyes turn a coal black as he holds a tooth smile to the dark mare.

Discord's words again fall on deaf ears as Luna speaks up in a calmed tone, "It feels horrible...But my sister is right. Our jobs are to look after everypony...We can not be bound to somepony that is too important."

"Luna...Join me on my little endeavor and I promise you, you will have nothing to fear. You will have what you want without Celestia's scold." Discord cocks his head as he waits for an answer.

But there's not even a second thought as Luna speaks up, "Never."

"Very well..." Discord's eyes change back to their colorfull brightness as he leans a little to get a better look at Violet, "...I believe your name is Violet Sparkles yes?" A smile comes over his face as he nods, "Good choice Sombra..."

Luna's ear flicks to the name as she holds her building magic, but her voice or spell doesn't stop Discord's words as the serpent tongued beast continues, "Tell me Violet, did you know that Luna can't attack me?" A faint chuckle comes over Discord as he smiles, "Did you know that the Princess in front of you can't actually protect you??"

Violet's eyes slightly turn to the mare in front of her as she shifts her gaze between the mare and Discord.

He moves his clawed hand to the crown as he continues, "This little crown is more than just an element to maintain harmony...It's also a way to control ponies. Many ponies, all kinds of ponies. One of which is Luna." Discord tilts his head back and forth a little childish as he starts to bring a kiddy tone to his voice, "Back a looong time ago, your mommy and her friends used the Element's of Harmony on Luna...Turning her heart and mind back to the feeling of unity and joy. And if anypony were to strike me down right now, well then lets just say I would enjoy Equestria a lot more."
Discord licks his lips for a moment as he pauses, "Now...Step aside Luna, I need something from that mare."

The words hit Luna but the dark mare doesn't move as she starts to lower her horns glow.

To the sight of the unmoving pony Discord nods his head, "Well...I guess I could have some fun." A devilish smile comes from Discord as he jumps from his seat and sends a dark orange bolt towards Luna.

With a flash of her horn she blocks the magic, Violet moves from the dark mare as Discord continues to hammer away bolt after bolt to Luna's defencive spell.

"COME ON LUNA HIT ME!!" A laugh comes from Discord as he starts to make a game out of his flicking wrist, almost as if he was trying to copy some kind of interpretive dance.

Luna's horn continues to halt Discord's spells but the process of his magic has started to buckle her stance as she's forced to back up further and further to the dome of magic.

Discord notices this as he sends the next bolt to the dome's wall, it ricochets back to Luna's figure as the mare lets out a pained yelp and falls to her front knees in a pant.

"WHOA! That was a work out." Discord snaps his claw as a sport bottle comes to pop in his claw, he squeezed the bottle as a little bit of water comes to shoot into his opened mouth. But he pops it away as he takes in a deep breath, "Now...We're where we?" His eyes turn to Violet as he holds a smile.

(...I have seen enough. Violet, what I must do I can not guarantee your safety...But I fear as though it is the only option. Take a deep breath Violet.) The echo ends to the lavender mare's mind as she closes her shifty eyes as she takes in a deep breath.

Discord losses his smile a little as he looks over the mare's glowing horn that starts to bring a light magic to her body.

- - -
(Outside of the bubble)

The gallop you started on the outskirts of the city has now finally brought you to the city's center as you're now able to gaze to the orange bubble of magic that has formed under the castle. Your heart bounces to your chest as you look it over, but your eyes and hooves quickly start up as you gallop yourself towards the few familiar ponies that stand towards the staircase up to the castle.

Overhead the sky has darkened and the sound of thunder starts to ring around the city, however there's no rain yet.

Your tired and rushed voice comes from you as you near the small group, "W-what happened?! Where's Violet?"

Cadence is the first to turn to your voice as she just stares to you, however you start to slow your trot as you blink to the small crying white coated and two toned blue maned foal in her hold.

The pale pink mare's voice comes up as she takes a hoof towards you, "Y-you're here? Where is Twilight?"

You ignore the words as you speak up, "Violet, where's Violet, what's going on?" Cadence's words go silent as you hold your eyes to her, but you don't hold to the silent mare for long as you quickly change your stance towards the light orange pegasus that stands near Spike and a few dumbstruck armored ponies. You don't even bother to asked why the stallion is there, but you figure he has to know where his friend and your daughter is, "Violet?"

Sparky holds his hoof to the orange bubble of murky magic that you've been forcing yourself to ignore.

But the stallion's hoof send the world around you almost into slow motion as you turn to the tall white alicorn that still stands just staring to the anomaly in front of her.

"What are you waiting for..." Your voice takes on a deep and dangerously calm tone as you hold your eyes to the back of Celestia's head.

There's a moment of only the chiming orange magic and a few low thunderous cracks from above the castle you stand under. But the white mare's words find their way through her mouth as she turns to you with a sharp eye that you were not expecting that's held with a seriousness that's almost unheard from the calm mare, "Discord has the Element of Harmony...And some how he is able to use them."

Her tone sparks a deep anger in you as your face becomes flushed, "Oh ya! You want to know why he has that huh?! Because Twilight got a letter from you!" In the bottom of your heart and the back of your mind you've come to the conclusion that the letter was never from Celestia, but the white chariot you saw at the castle still makes you hold a doubt to your thoughts. You hold onto that thought as you continue, "...And you know where that letter told us to go, Vanhoover, and you know what's there Almighty Do-Nothing? A fucking changeling castle." Your intense words make you take a bold step towards Celestia as you raise your hoof to her, "Why is that Celestia?! And HOW did you not notice Discord's statue gone huh! How could you have missed that?"

Celestia is just silent as the multicolored maned mare just waits for your built up frustration and fear to run your energy to talk down.

...Of course her silence only fuels your anger towards her as you continue, "Maybe if you actually did something Discord would not have the Element's of Harmony-.."

"But he does." Celestia's tone breaks your words as she responds, "With the Elements in his control all ponies touched by it's magic could be killed if he is struck down before the bound between him and the crown has been severed...Until the crown is removed I can not do anything."

You nod your head with a smile as you stop your hoof to the ground, "Of course you can't-.."

"And neither can you." Celestia holds her head up high as she bares her hard stare down to you, "If you were to strike him down now, not only would you kill yourself but you would harm Twilight her friends and all ponies who the Element of Harmony's magic has touched and affected."

The words bring a silence to you as your heart skips a beat.

Celestia capitalizes on your lack of voice as she shells out her last comment, "I have to believe my sister can do something...O-or I have to believe your daughter can do something. And until this field of magic is put down I can not see when Discord has removed the crown."

To the words Cadence speaks up as she tries to quell the crying foal in her hold, "C-couldn't we overload the bubble's spell? All protection spells have a limit."

You swing your head between the two alicorns as Celestia blinks to the words, "It's possible that we might be able to overload it...At least then Discord would not be hidden...But." She turns to you as she continues, "I had thought of this but pushed it aside with the knowledge of you and Twilight still in Ponyville. But with you here you might be able to overload the crown for a moment."

The words bring a mixed emotion to you as you perk your head up, "Why me?" It's not that you are against the idea but your annoyance to Celestia's lack of action still holds your defiance to the mare's request.

"You were the last pony to charge the Elements, you should be able to break the spell...But..." Her head turns back to the dome of magic for a moment as she speaks up, "But there's no way of knowing how powerful Discord has made this spell...And if he recast the spell while you try to break it the extra magic from the crown could recognize your magic and intern drain you."

A slight chuckle rolls from your mouth as you shake your head, "S-so a suicide all or nothing?" You shake a little to the idea as you wait for Celestia's words.

But she only nods her head.

Your silent for a moment as you just listen to the sound of your breathing, but you turn to the light orange pegasus beside you as you speak up, "D-dose Discord know who Violet is?"

Sparky blinks to the words for a moment before he nods his head, "Ya."

You close your eyes to the thought as your mind races both with the desire to return to Ponyville and the cold hard reality of knowing that Violet is right now trapped with Discord. Your eyes open to a half closed stare as you take a step forward, note to self, try to think of something something badass say.

A dumb laugh comes to your mind as you bite to your bottom lip as the anxiety to your idea sinks in. It's been four years in this world, you can't even remember the life you left and the only family you know is the one you've made...A slight tear starts to build to your eyes as you take up a stance and begin to build up your magic. The only family you know is the one you've made, you lick your lips to the words about to leave your mouth as your mind runs through one last thought, I promised you I would always keep you safe...Your voice stays quite as your mind holds to your thoughts.

End of chapter 36