• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 997 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 997

End of Part I

Chapter 12 – The calm before the storm

"...Now remember this spell is all about picturing the object being whole again. Once you’re able to get through this spell we should be able to try it on the crib you broke-..."

You stare unamused to the perfectly broken plate that floats over the table you've been trapped at for most of the late afternoon as you think, I didn't break the crib...it was like that already.

You give a little sight as you continue to listen to Twilight’s speech about how to do the spell... It's not that you don't like magic, truthfully your magic has gotten a lot easier to use over the years, but Twilight's normal explanation of spells have become a lot more lengthy with Violet out of the house...You drift your eyes back to the lavender mare as you speak up, "So like a teleportation spell right?"

Twilight blows to the comment as she tilts her head up, "Of course not, every spell is different."

Her words spark a response from the purple dragon next to her with the open book still in his claw's grasp as he continues to stand in for a living book pedestal, "Ya, if every kind of magic was the same then every pony could have dragon's breath."

You squint to his comment as you look over his proud face, dragon's breath? Please...I burn things with my mind.

"Now, picture the plate as a whole and clear your mind to just focus on it." Twilight's voice holds her low wise tone as she keeps her eyes to the purple shrouded two pieces of plate as she waits for you to spark the spell up.

You turn your gaze back to the plate as you just look over the crack that has split the two pieces as your purple magic starts to come a little deeper. The warm magic runs under your coat as you give another low breath and begin to just picture the plate coming together.

For a moment your magic just bounces around the room with it's steady chime, but after a few moments you start to notice the crack in the ceramic plate starting to glow a little brighter. As you noticed the glow you slowly start to move the two pieces towards each other.

FFFFHHHH!!!

Only a few inches from your face the rush of greenish fire belches from the purple dragon on your right. The heat of the flame and pure shock of it breaks your concentration as a loud plate shattering sound rings from your purple hold as it turns bright green and snaps the two pieces into four that then drop to the table.

"Spike?!" Twilight's voice comes up as the purple dragon bends down to scoop the book he dropped, "Sorry, sorry, I guess Celestia is using a different magic or something." His face turns a little sour as he squints his eyes, "...And it taste like old socks."

Sock? You blink to the words as you turn your eyes up from the destroyed plate and to the dragon.

Twilight doesn't pay attention to Spike's words as she squints to the rolled up letter, "Why would Celestia send a letter so late-...OH no! What if it's about Violet?" Her horn sparks up in a purple glow as the rolled up letter quickly springs from the table and towards her face.

You hold your ears to the mare as her slightly rushed words come out, "Dear, mom and dad..." A sigh of relief comes from the mare as she gets a wide smile, "It's from Violet."

Spike sighs from the words as he speaks up, "Great...She must want to send her letters from the old library's magic paper..."

You shake your head to his words as you bring your ears back to Twilight's voice.

The heavy mare starts to turn more to the room as she trots aimlessly around it with her voice ringing out, "...I can't really write to long of a letter because i'm working on a paper for school due in two days..." She pauses for a moment as she trails her eyes over the letter,"I also learned a spell I can't wait to show you..."

You stand from your seat as Twilight's voice starts to lower more to her smiling face, "What else does it say?"

No answer comes from the lavender mare as she continues to trace her eyes down the paper, but there motions stop quick as she speak up, "Awww, she's already got her first book report."

Her wide smile slightly confuses you as you shake your head, "Yay?"

Twilight starts her trot towards the library as the paper in her magical hold trails after her through the air, "I wonder if I could help her from here! I mean sure I still have Star Swirl's book I want to finish for Celestia, but I could have Violet send her things to me and I could do a few tweaks for her."

You blink to the words as you speak up, "Come on Twilight, I don't think you should worry yourself with Violet's stuff...You should, you know rest?"

The lavender mare ignores your words as she turns her eyes to the main part of the library, you follow after her as you listen to the heavy mare's hooves clap to the circular room. As her stare comes to the shelves you take the letter from her magical hold with ease as you read it for yourself.

But you stop your eyes on one of the lines as you read out the rest of the sentence Twilight just so happened to stop at, "...but don't worry, i've already found the library...." You tilt your eyes up from the slightly lengthy letter as your words come to an end, "You hear that Twilight, she's already started..." You give a little laugh to your words as you bring the paper back to your eyes...She already started, you think the words over as you shake your head. Two days? Heck I would have started tomorrow.

Your eyes come back to the lavender mare as she tries to free a book from the shelves as she balances her self to her three hooves. To her motions you float the paper to Spike as you trot next to Twilight and place your hoof to her extended front leg, "Come on Twilight, I think she's got this..."

Twilight turns her head back to you with an almost annoyed face as she speaks up, "She could still use some help, it is her first report for the school after all."

You look over the mare's face for a moment as you hold an unfazed smile and bring your hooves up with a thought, Twilight follow's your motion's as you run through Violet's favorite saying.

The simple motions end fast as Twilight's soft purple eyes flutter and she turns away from you, "Oh..." Her voice comes back with a slight sniffling as she speaks up almost angry to your hoove's comment, "No, she's not a BIG filly until I say she can be...."

A light chuckle comes from you as you move your side to her puffed out body, "Aww, is somepony finally feeling an empty nest?"

From your close stand next to the lavender mare you feel a kick resonate from within her swollen stomach.

A sniffy giggle comes from her as she shakes her head, "N-no..." Her voice stops as she turns her soft purple eyes to you, from your stare her tone drops a little, "Well...Maybe."

You nod your head to the mare's words as you speak up, "Good, now i'm not the only one." You take a deep breath as you tilt your head up, "You know...I think we want a brownie."

Twilight moves from your side as she shakes her head, "Pfff, what are you trying to fatten me up?"

You look over the pregnant mare as you smile and start your trot towards the kitchen, "Might be."

End of chapter 12