• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 998 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 998

Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Snail's crawl faster than your morning

The air being held above the warm encloser of your bed is a slight annoyance you can live with as it drys out your well rested and snoring a gasped mouth. But with one last loudish intake of air you close your mouth and begin to crack your eyes open to the world as you think, theres no way that snore was mine....

You shift your eyes to the lavender mare that still rest in your front hooves hold, you never start your sleep with bringing your hooves around the mare. Half because you don't want to put pressure on her swollen belly bulge and half because you don't want to wake up with a basically dead right leg...But as you feel her content breathing you push the thought about your soon to be needle feeling right leg aside.

From where your left hoof is draped over the mare you can feel her stomachs warmth dancing into your body, a faint smile comes over your face as you sigh a little and turn your eyes to the late morning sun...Oh today she sleeps in.

You turn your eyes back to the tangled mess of her two tone purple mane and highlights as you start to rub your hoof over her belly. However you don't even get halfway through a circular motion as her voice comes up in its normal groggy tone, "...I have to go to the bathroom...But its cold..."

A faint chuckle runs from your mouth as you speak up, "Thats what you get for staying cozy for so long."

Her head shifts a little to the pillow as she speaks up with a slightly annoyed tone, "Mmmm and your breath smells..."

You continue your rubbing of the mare's stomach as you think over her complaint, "I told you to let me cook." Another light chuckle comes from you as you direct it's chime to the mare's ear that flicks to every word.

A deep sleepy sigh comes from the lavender mare as she starts to stretch her hooves out, but her motions end quick as she starts to bring her heavy hooves towards the ground.

You watch the half closed eyed mare leaving the bed for a moment as you roll over onto your back and just listen to her fading hooves leaving the room.

A slight yawn comes from you as you just shift your eyes around the room as you try to plan your new day...But as you do this you notice a slight challenge to it, with Violet gone and Twilight not wanting to do anything from her pregnancy nearing its end there really is nothing to do...You blink to your mind's thoughts as you start to realize something to yourself...How long have I been a stay at home dad?

The sound of Twilight's heavy hoofs slightly dragging to the floor breaks your mind's hold, but Twilight doesn't get to hold her trot for long as the sound of a loud magical flaming belch runs through the house.

With in a moment the sound of Spike's claws tapping to the wood hit your ears, you sigh to the slightly annoying chatter.

Twilight snaps from her sleepy haze as she turns to the little dragon coming into the room, "Is it a letter from Violet?"
Spike unrolls the blueish scroll of paper as he speak up, "Uhh...It didn't taste like Canterlot paper."

You squint to the comment as you think to yourself, paper has taste? Since when?

"...Oh, it's from the crystal empire?" Spike turns the paper towards Twilight but she doesn't take it up into her magical hold nor does she bring one of her heavy hooves up.

Instead you take hold over the paper as your purple magic brings it to you as you sit up in the bed, you look over the slightly shining paper as you start to read from it, "Twilight, we were wondering if you could tell us what you felt like when you used magic when carrying Violet. Cadence hasn't really been feeling too good after the last Crystal heart celebration and we are wondering if you could tell us how magic affects the early stages of a pregnancy. Sincerely your loving brother Shining."

Twilight blinks to your words as she gets a wide smile, "Cadence might be pregnant?" But the smile doesn't hold as she takes a hoof forward, "Oh no...What kind of spell did they use?"

To her stare you just shrug not knowing if she really needed or wanted an answer from you.

"Ooooh I hope she's alright...Come on Spike lets start on that letter." Twilight's newfound goal starts her trot up as she moves towards the door with Spike following after her.

You fold the letter as you move it to the nightstand next to you, as you start to move from the bed. As you picture the way you want it to look with your building magic, as the light chime of your purple magic comes to the covers you start to think to yourself about how Violet's own magic stuff is going.

- - -

(Back at Canterlot)

The late morning sun beats with a nice warming feel to the light purple mare's coat as she and the other group of unicorns near the large two story weathered looking white stone building. Above the arches of the entrance theres a few gold sun colored words that slightly glissen with a magical aura as the morning rays strike against them.

But Violet's admiring of the older looking building is brought to an end as the mare leading the group speaks up, "Year one students go to the lecture room to the right when we get in..."

Violet's horn sparks up as she adjusts the light satchel around her side, but as she passes through the doors of the stone school her magical chime pops to a finish.

From the sound the slightly older mare pauses her leading of the group as she speaks up, "The flooring of Celestia's school are lined with sun stone. Which will cause all normal magic to cease and keeps the building to a studiable quite." A faint smile comes over the mare as she turns her eyes to the light purple mare near the end of the group, "The building is made like this so no first year pony can accidentally set off a spell out of the classroom." Her hoof comes up to the first hallway as she speaks up, "Your classroom is on the right."

Violet gets a slight smirk to her face as she follows after her classmates and as she passes by the older looking mare she sparks her horn up in a low green glow as she continues to adjust the strap of the bag she put on so fast.

The mare just blinks to Violet's magic as the light purple mare continues into the classroom, as her pointless showing off comes to its end her blue eyes trace around the large room.

The room Violet has takes her first steps into easily trumps Ponyville's small school house, and as she looks around the room's carved stone walls and large bright shining windows that are being lit from the outside sun, the impact of where she is really starts to sink in.

"Well don't just stand there gawking everypony...Theres much to do with your time here." The strange stallion's voice turns everypony's heads as they look over an old white maned and dull pale red coated stallion. A smile comes from the stallion's face as he speaks up, "I am Professor Strokes." His hoof comes up as he nods to the vast amount of large empty desk seats that sit around the room, "Please do take a seat."

Violet like the other ponies around her starts her trot up as she singles out a seat towards the front of the class. As she moves her satchel to place on the desk she looks to the older stallion standing in front of a large blank chalkboard, half heartedly expecting him to say the same good morning she's so use to hearing Mrs. Cheerilee say...But instead as everypony sits down the stallion trots back to the large dark wood desk at the from of the classroom, "Alright everypony, when I call your name please stand up and come to the front."

The stallion's horn sparks up in a gold glow as a pair of glasses comes to sit on his lower snout and a piece of paper comes up in front of him, "Ah...Cherry Blossom."

To the name a cherry maned mare with pink coated fur trots towards the stallion's desk, a smile comes over the stallion as he nods his head, "Splendid." His horn's magic pops as a large book, and a gold card appear on the top right of his desk, "That is your card showing you are a student of Celestia, it will pay for anything you need while you attend this school...And the book is your spell dictionary."

The stallion clears his throat as he turns his attention to the rest, "Ok...Next is Starlight Bright." To the name the cherry maned mare starts her trot back up as the crystal mare brings herself to the front of the classroom, the same two items pop to the desk as she floats them to herself.

As the same motions begin to roll on with the stallion's next name Violet moves her attention to the bag next to her as she floats out a quil and inkwell.

- - -

It takes a few good minutes for the stallion's expertly pronounced words to reach Violet's name but as it does the light purple mare starts her trot up like every other pony did before her. And as she nears the older stallion he cocks his eyes to her as the sound of his magically popping items appear to the table.

As she floats the two items from the table the stallion moves from his chair, "Alright and last but not least, I need Sir Jules."

The stallion sitting behind Violet stands up as he gives a little huff, "Whyyyy do we have to stand, I think it would have been easier just to have the things teleported to us."

Violet takes her seat as the whining stallion trots up to the front of the class, the older stallion smiles to the stallion's gaze as he speaks up, "Well yes but then I wouldn't have as good of an understanding of all of my students."
The younger stallion rolls his eyes as he takes his items to his magic and begins to trot back to his seat.

"Good now everypony has there things...And now I believe it's time to get down to business that way we can set the pace for the time you are here. Celestia and Luna will be testing your skills with magic, but I will be testing your understanding of magic..." The stallion's horn sparks up as he turns his attention to the board and begins to write what he says, "Your first assignment will be a ten page report on how magic affects and alters a pony and the world around them...Due in two days any questions?" The stallion's smiling face is turned back to the silent and shocked ponies around the room, but to the silence he nods his head, "Ah good, now you can find what you need at Canterlot's library, you will need to use at least ten books I would say."

Violet adjust herself to her seat as she takes a deep breath and moves a piece of paper from her satchel as she brings her quill to her hoof and begins to write, note to self, find Canterlot library.

But her writing is cut short as Professor Strokes's voice comes back up, "But for now you all will be doing a simple magic survey test, that will help show you as to what form of magic you are most suited."

His horn sparks up as a loud pop comes to the room, on everypony's desk a piece of paper poofs in the center of the desk.

Violet looks over the paper with a few multiple choice questions as the stallion speaks up with another smile, "The most truthful answer about one's self are ones where you do not think, so you are required to turn this paper into me in the next thirty minutes, oh and you must write with your hoof, no magic." He holds his smile as he takes his seat in his desk and brings a book to his hooves and begins to read.

To the stallion's quick ending words Violet turns her eyes to the weird color mixed looking page as she looks over the questions, luckily though theres nothing on the back and she starts her already inked quill to the paper without another moment's hesitation.

Q1: Magic is what to you?
A:Enjoyment
B:A challenge
C:Passion

Violet gets a faint smile to the foal like question as she's quick to answer and moves to the next one.
Q2: In ten words describe you.

The light purple mare still holds her thoughts about the easy first test as she begins to make quick work of her ten word list as she moves to the next question.

Q3:You come to a fork in the road, which way do you go?
A:Left
B:Right
C:Turn around
D:Straight

Her quick hoof's motion makes short work of the next few simple questions as in no time she brings her eyes to the last question as she reads it aloud to her mind.

Q10: There is a rock in your way, what do?
A: Smash
B:Walk around
C:Write your own responses

Violet squints to the question as she brings her hoof next to the third option and begins to write, the constant motions she uses to talk have brought an added benefit to her hoof writing as every word she writes comes out with a unique curve to it, making her writing more of an art work rather than simple text as she continues to put her thoughts onto the paper.
I would use my magic to clear the rock from the path, this way when I travel back I will not have to step off the path,; nor will I have to worry about the sharp rocks that may be created from smashing it.

Her blue eyes trace over the paper for a moment as she moves her quill to the desk and starts her trot towards the older pony's table.

As she nears the pony her hoof extends with the paper still being held to it, "Ah, Mrs.Sparkle...I had assumed you would be done fast." The stallion takes the paper from her hoof as he gives a smile, "I was your mothers second year teacher when she came here..." A quiet chuckle comes over him as his magic wraps to the paper, "This test is to help determine what kind of magic a pony is suited for...I would think your mother's knack for Spell Understanding and Spell Use would have been passed to you."

The paper in his magical hold turns a bright blueish gold as the light chime begins to ring down. "Lets see..." The stallion looks over the paper as he nods his head, "Oh, well it says you would be better with Conjuring, or perhaps creation spells would be better..." Another faint laugh comes from the stallion as he squints to the mare, "That trait is a little uncommon in mares, perhaps you owe your father a bit of gratitude." The stallion's words become long as the sound of another pony trots towards the front of class , but it doesn't stop his voice as he continues, "You know Star Swirl the Bearded was a famous conjurer, you should look into his work...Ah hello Mrs.Bright, lets see what we have here."

Violet takes a step aside as the crystal mare hooves her paper to the older stallion, but the light purple mare hesitates for a moment as she slowly starts her trot up still holding her ear to the conversation she's leaving, "Ah, you should try looking into Spell Understanding..."

Violet's ability to hold to the words of the low conversation fails as she comes back to sit at her desk. But as she sits down and she watches the crystal mare trot past her, the older stallion in front of the classroom picks his voice up, "Oh, if you are done you should look through the spell dictionary, it's quite fun."

The words flick the young mare's ear as she brings the large and heavy book in front of her, but as she opens it the book’s potent and abrupt smell of dried ink and old paper hits her snout. As she blinks her eyes and tilts her head a little away from the large book she regains her slightly lost sense of smell as she looks back to the very small text book on her desk as she gives a little sigh to the stallion's obvious misunderstanding of the word fun.

End of chapter 10