• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 994 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 994

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Castle A Lot

The air hangs thick with a dense and slightly heavier feeling as the last unicorn of the eleven pony group begins to quell his magical screaming horn. Despite their initial test taking a better part of the early day none of the young ponies have even batted an eye or considered how long they must have been standing with their heavy school prepared bags around them, instead everypony has hung to each spell performed. Half because of the majesty that comes from the feel of magic that runs through every knowledge seeking pony in the courtyard, but also because its the best way to size up their fellow classmates...Everypony here is here for there own reasons, but everypony here still wants the glory and prestige that top of the class brings; and being known to Celestia and Luna is never a bad thing.

However the young ponies dazzled and distracted minds come back to reality as Celestia brings her voice up when the last new student takes his place in the rounded circle they mostly stand in, "Thank you everypony, performing in front of others for some may be no feat but for others this was a great accomplishment; and your first test."

Violet's ear flicks to the words, it's become abundantly clear that this was more than just a simple show off of magic but to actually finally hear the words first test, the light purple mare begins to doubt her own spell's performance. Truthfully no other pony was able to push through a spell with such ease but that doesn't mean her's was the most memorable.

Her blue eyes slightly drift to the crystal mare on the far side of the group as Celestia's words continue on without the mare's mind really tracking them as she just looks over the mare. Starlight Bright was the only pony that Celestia asked the name for, sure Violet was called by name but its no secret that she's met the white alicorn more than just once.

The light purple mare's stare is cut short as Celistia's voice comes back to a more heightened tone, "...Now, in regards to your next test you have two and a half weeks to prepare...In which this time you shall hopefully be able to better understand your own magical abilities." Celestia pauses as she straightened her posture a little more, "You will not be able to change your spell for the next test..."

Violet like every other student blinks to the comment as they perk their ears up a little to the white mares trailing words, "...This way you and we will be able to see improvements and where improvements can be made, which will lead to your third and final test of the year; in which you will pick a new spell you believe will be able to perform better than your first two."

A slight bit of tense silence holds to the young ponies as they try to pre-plan the next weeks that are almost out of there hooves. To the hard stares of the ponies in front of her Celestia's calm tone starts up in a faint giggle, "But that is still weeks away...Today is something new for all of you as I have said and you should enjoy it."

The white mare along with her sister beside her take a step aside as Celestia brings her hoof up to point to the golden and white carved doors to the castle as she speaks up, "If you would all please come inside we will personally show you to where you will be staying."

There's a moment of hesitation as the young students look to the space in between the two princesses that lead up the stairs to their destination. But with a wide and giddy smile the first pony starts there hooves up to trot proudly forward, which causes the floodgate of other ponies to follow.

Sparky stays to Violet's side as the two ponies hold the same smiles as the other ponies, there young hooves bring them through the castle's threshold as they stop to the elegant white marble entrance way of the castle.

Celestia and Luna come in behind them but do not stop there trots as they lead the way down a hallway with Celestia's voice breaking the stalled ponies, "Follow us everypony..."

- - -

The inner workings of Canterlot‘s castle are as elegant and well crafted and placed as the formal throne room, every detail to the decorative castle have been painstakingly hoof crafted giving this old monument of a building its own unique and unmatched personality.

With each slow clap of Violet's hooves to the floor her mother has traveled so many times, this thought has hung over the young mare's mind since she started into the castle. Both palpable pride and a tangible fear of messing up; but her smile and bright blue sparkled eyes only show her burning desire of confidence as her trot like the ponies around her stop.

Celestia turns back to her following flock as she speaks up, "This is the mare side, your rooms have been marked. I hope you all leave this place with both knowledge and enjoyment." A smile holds to her face as she continues, "And do not worry about being lost in the city, I have arranged a few upper class ponies to escort you to the school tomorrow with the morning's sun."

The few stallions in the group drift to one side of the hall as the mares of the group start there trots to the hall and start to drift into the open doors around the hall. Sparky freezes for a moment not knowing if to follow or not, but Celestia and Luna's trots come up without really noticing the sheathed winged pegasus as they trot back down the hallways, "Would the stallions please follow."

Even though her friend no longer is by her side Violet's trot holds as she swings her eyes to the names that must have magically been put to the doors. But her trot takes her to the last few doors before she finally finds her name, 'Violet Sparkle', the slightly goldish glow reassures her of the magical naming as she takes her first steps into the room.

As Sparky stealthily drops away from the unicorn stallions he quickens his trot to the room the light purple mare went into, and as he rounds the corner of it with only a few looks from the other mares he pauses.

The room is nicely furnished obviously intended for a royal guest and not a magical student, but the large dark bluish desk with a stool in front of it could possibly pass for a study area.

Violet waste no time with her horn as she floats the two heavy bags to the dark red covers of the neatly made bed that extends from the left side of the room out a little to the middle. As she rolls her neck a little bit just enjoying the absent weight she turns her gaze back to the stallion still at the threshold of the door as she notices him still admiring the room.

A faint smile comes up as she hooves out a comment.

Sparky's eyes catch the mare's motions as he nods his head, "Nice? Ya i'd say that, heck you even got your own bathroom in here."

Violet rolls her eyes as her magic closes the open bathroom door that sits towards the back of the room, as she does this she moves over towards the window of the room as she looks out it.

The view from her room of the castle that's nestled onto it's secluded mountain peak is nothing less than spectacular as her eyes take in the lush green, orange and red of the fall world of Equestria that sits from her window. Her side of the castle doesn't have the Canterlot skyline and nor does it have Ponville in the distance but the lay of the land still looks amazing all the same.

"We are sorry but there are no stallion's allowed in this wing of the castle."

The slightly lispy but regal sounding voice turns Violet's head from the world as she looks back to the door that now holds the familiar dark mare.

Violet's hooves spark up quick to Luna's sight.

A nod comes from Luna as she returns Violet's comment, "And we are pleased to see Violet Sparkle as well." Luna turns her head back to the stallion still in the room as she speaks up, "Now we must ask you to leave-..."

Sparky's voice comes up a little as he nods to Violet, "I'm Violet's friend from Ponyville..."

The dark mare turns back to Violet as the light purple mare gives a nod, "Oh..." Luna looks over the stallion as she cocks her head a little, "...We were not aware of Violet's assistant."

Violet doesn't contest the mare's words as she continues to talk, "Even so, you may not stay in these quarters overnight."

Sparky nods his head as he speaks up, "Y-yes Princess Luna."

The dark mare gives a faint smile to the comment as she holds her hoof up a little, "Thank you Violet's friend." Her blue night colored eyes turn back to Violet for a moment as she starts to drift them a little around the room, "This was your mother's room when she attended our sisters school..." Luna squints to her own words as she trails on, "As we understand it she preferred to not attract other ponies attention...I perhaps thought you would enjoy this room as well."

Violet smiles to the comment as she nods her head thankfully.

As the light purple mare's nod comes to an end Luna tilts her head back to the hallway as she takes a step in and closes the door behind her, "Our sister has told us how we affect the unicorn school...And she has made clear that no pony will be receiving special help from us first year, because our sister wishes to put more of the studies to the will of the pony...But I feel as though you..." Luna's slightly lowered tone pauses for a moment as she thinks for the words, "-Are not as fairly equipped for the regular teachings of first year, and we would wish to extend a spell that would help you."

Violet blinks to the words as she holds her mouth open a little surprised, but she nods her head as she waits for Luna to continue.

The dark mare gets a slightly happier smile as she sparks her horn up, "Excellent, Twilight has stated you have the ability to learn a spell after being shown...An ability most ponies do not have."

Her voice again goes low as she holds her low blue glowing horn, "This spell is a very uncommon spell and you will not be able to truly use it the way I am able...But we are sure you will find use of it."

Luna's eyes turn to the stallion next to her as she speaks up, "This spell requires another if you please."

Sparky's eyes go to an almost oh crap stare as he looks over the mare's magic filled horn, "um...ok?"

Luna nods as she motions her hoof towards the floor, "Please seat yourself Violet's friend." Her eyes drift to Violet as she beckons her to do the same.

To the mare's motions Violet brings her trot in front of Luna as she sits her flank to the ground in front of where Sparky sits.

"If you would, please close your eyes..."

Violet follows the mares voice as the sound of Luna's magic starts up a little louder.

End of chapter 6