• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 997 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 997

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Later then the mornings Sunday

The sound of Twilight's hooves clap to the walls of the library with a faint echo preceding them like a chorus as the mare continues to aimlessly trot around the library's bookshelves. You stand at the threshold of the main library just continuing to trace your eyes to the mare.

You've never really been able to understand why everyday is so different with Twilight, somedays she actually plays the role of a pregnant mare quite well; either being lazy which you have no problem with or with a certain craving that she won't stop talking about until she gets it.

"AH here it is!"

...Other days however, she's her normal independent self.

Her words spark a sigh to you as you watch the mare struggling to withhold using her magic and instead pull the slightly high up book down to her hoof as she balances to her three hooves."I don't know why Spike put this back so high..."

You immediately trot over to her before her words can even come to an end as you float the book out, and begin your trot towards the table in the other room.

Twilight follows behind you as she brings her voice up a little sheepishly, "Thank you..."

You just nod to her comment as you set the book to the table, but as it sets down you turn your head back to the lavender mare, "Twilight, I can look over the book you should just go and lay down for a little."

Your words spark the mare to quickly laugh to the comment as she trots past you and over towards the table, "Oh I lay down all the time, and besides what if you mess up the spell?"

"Then the book burst into flames and I have a headache for a few minutes." You give a little smile as Twilight rolls her eyes, "See and that's why I need to help you. Learning a new spell is never easy, and this will be the first time you ever really tried it."

Another sigh comes over you as you give into the mare's demand. The last time you and Twilight went to the doctor for her check up you were both told Twilight's pregnancy looked to be nearing its end, and because of that Twilight has been a little too careful with her own magic use and with what she does. Most days now you can't even get her to even take a trot to Rarity's or even Pinkies when she wants something.

You come over to the lavender mare's puffed out sides as you wait for her voice to come back up, although your saved from a magical practice as a knock to the door comes chiming into the house.

But before you can even go to open it the door springs open to a pink and cyan flash of fur as the sound of a loud party popper runs through the house. Sure enough you feel the multicolored confetti hit your face as it embeds your mane and lays over your snout.

"SURPRISE!!!" Pinkie's voice ends as she holds a bright smile for a moment, "We'reheretosendVioletoffinstyle!!" Her slight jump to her words ends as she looks around the room, "Hey..."

The fading smile of the cyan pegasus next to her comes to an end as she speaks up, "What gives? Where's Violet?"

You give a little smile as you take the colored paper from your face, "You missed her, we got up early so that she wouldn't be late."

"Ahhhh." Pinkie's voice comes up as she slumps her head, "Oh well, at least this trip wasn't a waste." Her comment stops for a moment as she takes a box from the pink satchel around her that slightly blends into her coat's color, "Here's those brownies you wanted Twilight..." She gives you a little smile as she continues, "I figured you wouldn't have time to stop by, not with the party you sent Violet off with."

Twilight's horn sparks up with no trouble as it's faint purple glow comes over the enclosed box, "I'll put these up...Thank you Pinkie-...Hey these don't have that sleep bark do they?"

"Of course not silly." Pinkie rolls her hoof as she holds her smile to the lavender mare that trots away.

As Twilight moves from the room she leans her head to you as she whispers, "They do." She winks her eye as you nod.

To Pinkie's moment of silence Rainbow speaks up, "So where's Spike? You send him off to?"

You trace your eyes up the stairs as you bring your voice back, "Mmm, he probably went back to bed."

Twilight's hooves come back to the room as she looks over her two friends, but her voice doesn't get to chime in as the cyan mare's comes up over hers, "Hey Twilight is Violet going to stay at your parents or something?"

"OH no, first your ponies all stay in Canterlot castle’s guest wing, seeing as how any pony can attend the school the Princess doesn't want to have to worry about first year ponies getting lost around the city." Twilight's answer comes back quick as her slight smarty pants tone holds.

"Pff, lucky." Rainbow rolls her hoof as she continues, "Heck that's a lot better then when I went to the wonder Bolts stuff, you have dorms kinda." The cyan mare flexes her wings a little as her tone becomes a little more tomboyish, "Ya, I was in the best one though, top flyers get first picks and I got the one closest to the track."

Twilight nods to the comment as she looks between her two friends, "So will you two be staying for a little?"

Pinkie shrugs to the words as she smiles, "Welllllll, Mr.Cake said that we were going to make some muffins for some special order so I don't think I can."

"I can't, on the way over we ran into Miss.Cheerilee and she said a few ponies from last night's dance saw a parasprite. I figure I better go and see if that thing is still around Aj's farm."

You and Twilight give each other a look as the lavender mare speaks up, "O-oh a parasprite huh? Are you sure? I can't imagine one coming back into Ponyville."

The cyan mare shrugs to the comment as she flips a few strains of mane from her face, "I don't know, but better safe than sorry in case there is one close to Ponyville..." She smiles as she hoofs to the lavender mare, "Not like we can just get Twilight to round those things up."

You blow to her words as you puff your chest out, "I could get them."

The room goes a little quiet as the three mares turn an eye to you, but you don't pay their look any mind as you hold your proud stance.

Rainbow gives you a cocky smile as she speaks up, "Oh ya? You would probably just burn the little things."

You nod to the comment as you speak up, "Still would get it before you would."

"Pff, tell ya what if there is one of those things around Aj's i'll bring it back...Just to prove you wrong." Rainbow cocks an eyebrow as she waits for your response.

But you don't continue her game of one ups as you just nod. To your nod Rainbow turns to Twilight, "Alright well I should get going, c-ya later Twilight."

Pinkie follows the cyan pegasus words as she pokes her head a little closer to her friend, "Bye Twilight..." The pink mare's voice goes a little high pitched as her gaze sets to the mare's puffed out sides, "...And bye little fillyorcoltthatwedon'tknowthenametoyet."

Twilight gives a little giggle to the mare's fast words as her two friends move to the door. It only takes a moment for the two mares to leave as the door comes to close again, and as it does the lavender mare next to you starts up, "Alright well lets start on this spell again."

You think over her words as you move towards the kitchen, "How about a brownie Twilight?"

The mare's ear flicks to your words as her stare goes a little long, but her voice comes up almost like she doesn't care as she just tilts her head, "Oh no-no...well...just one er-two, but small ones! Not big ones!"

You nod your head with a smile as you think over the mare's response, yep you played that craving off well Twilight...hardly even noticed it.


- - -
(Elsewhere in Equestria)

The grey and deep brown stones of the mountains outside run fast past Violet's eyes as the slight rumbling howl of the trains wheels yell to one of the last bends before the sight of the white marble castling city; that is her destination.

Without another moment the bleak stone scene outside her window opens to the blue canvas of a sky that only has a few wispy white painted clouds outlined on it. But the young mare's eyes latch onto the white marble city as a brief smile comes over her face, knowing her journey is close to over.

As her stare holds her personal space its altered as the stallion across from her leans into to get a better view of the world outside the mare has unintentionally hid from his eyes, "Whoa...We're really high up."

Sparky's voice sparks Violet's head to move back as she adjust herself to her seat. The light orange pegasus turns his gaze to her as he follows her motions, "Hey I don't really have to be at the Wonder Bolts academy until a little after midday...You think I could tag along with you for a bit?"

Violet blinks to the stallion's words, they both kind of knew they would be hanging out a lot more anyways. Both because they really don't know anypony in the city and because without Violet's help Sparky most likely won't be passing any math. But Violet's response is short as she just nods to the words with a smile knowing that her nerves will be a little bit calmed with a friend near her.

Her thoughts are brought to an end as the sound of a familiar flame scorching paper hits her ears. To the homey sounding noise she turns her head, halfheartedly expecting to see the familiar purple dragon she's known her whole life.

Instead the mare's blue eyes link to the crystal mare still sitting across from the train's walking path. But it's not just the crystal pony she notices this time; as her eyes look over a small iguana looking crystal lizard that's sitting on the satchel bag draped across the mare's bottom legs that are still pinned to the trains floor.

To Violet's less than ninja like confused stare the crystal mare turns and speaks up, "This is Sparky...He's a wheezing Iguana of the Bison desert."

The name turns the pegasus's head as he looks over the lizard that mindlessly traces its two eyes around the train car, "Sparky?"

Violet holds a giggly smile as she slightly turns her eyes to her friend, but the crystal mare is unfazed to it as she speaks up, "Yes, I named him that because of the magic these little guys have..." The mare straightens up her posture a little as she continues, unlike Violet the crystal mare hasn't had anypony to talk to and her need for conversation slightly shows, "All wheezing Iguana have dragon's breath, meaning that they can send anything to a designated area...If it's small and burn able."

Sparky just nods his head still too hung to the name as Violet's hooves come up.

To the light purple mare's motions the crystal mare speaks up again almost with a laugh, "Of course you can bring a pet, a student of the Celestia's school is allowed one assistant...And I would much rather have something that doesn't complain, and is magic proof."

The mare squints to the stallion across from Violet as she rolls her hoof, "I take it you're Violet's assistant correct?"

Sparky blinks to the comment as he and Violet both just exchange a look, "Uh n-no i'm here for the wonder Bolts academy, but I mean we're friends so of course I would help out." A smile comes over his face as he looks to the light purple mare.

But it's the crystal pony again who speaks up as she looks over the pegasus, "Oh Wonder Bolts...Well good luck Sparky."

A light chuckle comes over the stallion as he squints to her words, "How did you know my name was Sparky?"

The train's wheels screech to a halt as it pulls into Canterlot’s station, but the sound only stops the crystal mare for a moment as she begins to ease the crystally scaled lizard into her bag again, "I have a heightened sense, I learn a lot from ponies...Even when they're not talking." A nonchalant smile comes over the crystal mare as she floats the other bag sitting next to her around her body, "Well goodbye for now."

Violet and Sparky both just stare to the mare still trying to understand her comment as they watch her leave. But they don't stare for too long as they begin to move there own set down things back around them as they ready themselves to trot out and into the new city awaiting outside.

End of chapter 4