• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 998 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 998

Chapter 3

Chapter 25 – Better now than later

The sky over Ponyville has turned into a blueish white canvas with only a few trace hints of thin clouds that still shift a little from every cool fall breeze. However the calm sky has no effect on the young orange pegasus as his flight across town starts to near its end, it's a little later in the day then he had hoped to stop by his friend's. But the almost all day nap the stallion took was no ordinary rest, the unwanted wrath of Sombra's magic swirled under his coat for most of the time spent trying to recollect the sleep the young stallion didn't receive from his overloaded mind of yesterday. And by the time sleep finally came he fell deep into it without a budging, at least until the echoing ring in his mind came back to him.

The sleep may not have brought the escape from the world nor did it bring the rest his baggy eyes needed, but it did strangely cause his wings to feel as good as new.

Which the stallion now uses to his advantage as he quickly speeds himself to the oak library's red door.

Sparky's flight comes down as he sets himself to the doorstep as he knocks his hoof to the door and waits.

With in the moment the door comes open as the small light purple dragon stares to the door, "Oh...Great another one." Spike takes a step aside as he holds the broom in his right claw away from the now entering stallion.

But Sparky doesn't get to answer back to Spike's strange and less than friendly greeting as Sombra's echo comes out, (A dragon?) The echoing rings on a little from it's slight pause as Sparky just mussels through a nodding hello, (...I see nothing has changed, Unicorns are still commanding that all things are under their rule...Even that of dragons.)

"Finally!"

The slightly feminine high pitched stallion's voice runs through the room as Sparky turns his eyes to the three familiar ponies that have gathered in the room to his left.

"How-ya been Sparky? We've been waiting like all day for you." The blue coated unicorn holds his smile as he trots over towards his friend with the tan earth pony quickly trailing behind him as his own voice comes up, "Ya, how was the WonderBolts? Violet hasn't really talked about."

Sparky's gaze turns the the light purple mare that sits at the table with a large open book sprawled out in front of her, but their eyes meet she gives a little smile.

"Ya...it was fun."

Bell cocks his eyes to the tone as he nudges his hoof to him, "Come on, that's it?-.."

"Ya, you didn't meet some mare as afraid of heights as you?" A quick laugh comes from the rounder tan stallion as he sways his head a little awaiting Sparky's response.

Sparky gives his own smile, but it's not to the comment as he speaks up, "No-..."

Before he can finish his words the stallion's voice comes up as he wiggles his hoof to him, "That's because I haven't taught you my secret to getting a mare's attention." He puffs his chest out a little as he holds his head up.

But the stallion's self induced high is brought down as Bell knocks into him a little, "Oh ya Futty, what's that?.." Bell's voice gets a little lower in pitch to match his friends as he speaks up, "Hey...You want to share an extra-extra large milkshake with me?" A quick laugh and over the top laugh comes from the stallion as he leans himself to his friend and continues to repeat himself.

Futty just shakes his head to the joke as he adjust his body to his friend's weight that now leans to him, "Does anypony else think that's funny?" He swings his head between Sparky and Violet as he waits for a response, Violet quickly hides the faint grin brought on by Bell's reaction as she shakes her head.

"Oh, whatever..." Bell adjust his stance as he rolls his eyes, "I thought it was funny."

"No..." Futty turns his attention back to the pegasus in front of him as he speaks up, "Anyways, i'll teach you my secret for when you go back tomorrow."

"I'm not going back." Sparky's voice stops the room's slight joy as the two confused stallions just blink to him, "...I got kicked out for the rest of my first year."

Bell and Futty both just continue their stare as they slowly start to speak up, "W-why? You're not that afraid of heights are you?"

(A Pegasus, afraid of heights...I now understand why you have such guilt on your mind. Tell me, what shame does that bring to your-...) Sparky speaks up a little annoyed to the ringing in his head as he tries to shell out his comment, "I just wasn't ready for it ok?!"

The slightly sharper words turn everypony and Spike's ears as they look to the light orange pegasus, but Bell quickly brings his voice up as he lightly taps his hoof to Sparky's chest, "No sweat Sparky...You can always apply again right?"

Sparky swallows hard as he nods his head, "Ya..."

A moment of silence comes over the room for a moment, but it only last for a moment as Bell again speaks up as he turns his head between Violet and Sparky, "Well...We should get going." He cocks a smile to Sparky as he continues, "Turns out Pearl actually told on us, and me and Futty have to help her with the preschool foals now...You two lucked out leaving when you did."

Futty nods his head as he speaks up, "Ya, but don't worry about it we got Miss. Cheerilee to believe it was just us two." He stops his words as he turns a smile to the light purple dragon who continues to sweep around the library, "Hey! Can we take some of those brownies, there's only like six foals this year."

Spike's eyes shrink to the words as he points his claw to the tan stallion, "No, and I told you just because Pinkie brought a new box for Twilight today, doesn't mean that you get to have them."

"Ah...Mrs.Sparkle wouldn't mind would she?"

Spike crosses his arm as he shakes his head, "I don't know, which means no."

Futty and Bell both start towards the door as Spike's words come to an end, but they don't get to even get halfway out before Spike speaks up again, "And the next time you two come by, hows about you not track in so much mud?"
No response comes from the two young stallions as they close the door behind them with a slight laugh.

To the absent stallions Spike turns an eye to Sparky as he looks him over, "You better not have anything on your hooves...It's like impossible to get stuff out of this library."

Sparky gives a little smile as he shakes his head, to the gesture Spike turns his slightly waddly walk to the main part of the library.

(Library? This is what passes for a library in your town pegasus?...Knowledge has been wasted while I have slept hasn't it...)

The ringing echo comes to an end as Sparky starts his trot to where Violet sits, S-so...I'm not too late am I?"

Violet holds her gaze to his slightly off tone, but she can't place it as she instead turns her stare into a more friendly play. She cocks her head as she looks to the window, the sun has started to come close to the mountains that sit off in the distance of Ponyville but the daylight still has a few hours. Of of course the mare's expression only brings Sparky's voice up as he gives a little smile, "Sorry, i'm late...Maybe we could get it before you leave tomorrow?"

To the words Violet shakes her head as she rolls her hoof and sparks her horn up, the light purple satchel that must had been laying in the chair next to her now comes up as she stands from her seat and closes the book on the table.

"We're going now?"

A nod comes from the light purple mare as she floats the bag around her and starts to trot towards the door.

However Sparky's words turn Spike's head as he quickly comes back into the room, "Wait, you two are leaving?"

Sparky nods his head as he speaks up, "Ya, Violet wants to get something for school."

Spike blinks to the words as he taps his claws to the broom that now has been clutched in his two claws, "I-I don't think you two should go out alone...T-that's something your dad said not to do right?"

Violet taps her hoof to her mouth as she thinks over the words, but a silent laugh comes up as she hooves out a reply.

It goes unregistered to the little dragon though as he just stares to her.

"Um...Her dad said not to go out with strange ponies..." Sparky squint to the rest of Violet's strange sentence as he just pushes through it, "...And also not to go out with any green glowing eyed pony."

(Who is this mare's father? Pegasus? And why does he not come to speak with a stallion that have entered his domicile?)

Without even a thought Sombra;s question bolts out of Sparky's mouth as he turns to Violet, "We're are your parents?"

No answer is able to be hooved out as Spike quickly speaks up, "Twilight got a letter from Celestia earlier today, so they left just a little before you two got to Ponyville."

Sparky nods his head to the comment as he feels his coat take on a slightly more heated feel at the mention of Celestia. But he covers it up as he turns to Violet, "A-alright you ready?"

Violet nods her head as she brings her trot back up towards the door, but as she and the light orange pegasus leave the room Spike speaks up, "Don't stay out all night! I know that one goes for me and you!" The rushed voice of the little dragon is cut off as the door closes behind her.

End of chapter 25