• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 994 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 994

Chapter 3

Chapter 3 – That first hoof

Violet's blue eyes dart up to her combed mane as she starts her trot away from the door and into the warm fall day.

To the mare's movement Sparky trails after her as he adjust his wings to the two much less heavier satchels around his body, despite what the stallion already knows about the mare he now trots next to her as he brings his voice up, "S-so what's Canterlot like huh? I've never been there with you- I mean I've never been there you know." A nervous laugh comes over the slightly slicked back maned stallion as he continues through his worsening rambling, "N-not saying I wouldn't go there with you cause we are...right now you know but I just-..."

Sparky's words come to an abrupt end as the unicorn mare next to him sparks her horn up, wrapping the fumbling stallion's mouth closed with her magical binding. To the magic he turns his head towards her as he just barely talks through his wrapped mouth, which brings back the slight lisp he's mostly grown out of, "Too w’loud Viowit?"

The stallion's W infringed words bring a smile over the mare's face as she nods and releases her hold.

Sparky opens and closes his mouth just tying to adjust it from it's abrupt stopping mid-word.

For a minutes the two ponies hold the silent trot down Ponyville main street towards the train station in the distance, Violet every so often shakes her head still trying to flip the combed down mane into its normal loose style. But as another failed attempt brings a few confused staring eyes from the ponies that pass her she quits her attempts, leaving the now messed up Twilight like mane to sit.

However the short time of silence is brought to an end as Sparky again speaks up, "Do you think there's going to be a lot of ponies on the train?"

Violet rolls her eyes to the stallion's words unable to just tell him to shut up as she enviably just listens to her friend's trailing comment.

Sparky notices her expression as he gives a little smile, "Sorry..."

She copies the smile knowing that it's only going to quell the stallion's voice for a few moments. But her luck might be able to hold out a few more moment as the two young ponies trots bring them within a few hooves from the steam rendering stationary train.

Violet's horn sparks open one of her pouches as the pegasus next to her begins to fumble with his three hoofed trot as he digs to a side pocket of his satchel.

A slightly older looking chocolate coated stallion with a blue hat and a grayish blue vest stands in front of the doors of the train's cars as Violet trots over towards him, "Tickets please." The older stallion holds a smile to Violet as he brings his right hoof to extend towards her.

Violet returns the smile as she floats a golden ticket from her pouch and to the stallion's hoof.

"AH..." He hoofs it back as Violet's magic comes to bring it from his hoof, "...You are heading to Celestia's unicorn school huh?"

Violet nods to the words as the stallion continues, "Very nice, um the ponies for that destination are the car up here on your left...if you please." The stallion steps aside for a moment as Violet trots into the train, but she doesn't continue her trot as she waits for the still fumbling stallion.

"Uh...Here you go." Sparky's hoof extends his ticket to the older stallion as he looks it over. From the ticket still held in Sparky's hoof the chocolate coated stallion gives an almost amused smile as he beckons the stallion on board, "Wonderbolts huh? Good luck to you sonny, uh I believe you ponies are in the car to the right."

Sparky gives a nod as he comes into the train next to Violet, as he comes to stand next to her they both look to the slightly more cramped seating on there right. Most of the ponies sitting down are stallion's but a few are mares, the thing the slightly rowdy ponies all have in common though is that there fit, lean and very agile looking Pegasus .

The timid and slightly smaller looking stallion next to Violet gives a little smile as he turns his head to her, "Uh it looks packed on this side."

Violet shrugs the comment off as she starts her trot to the left side of the train's long car, Sparky follows after her as they push past the primarily unicorn side as they set their sights to the empty rows in the back of the train.

There trots quickly bring them to her eyes goal as they begin to move their bags to the train's seats, the light purple mare moves to the window as she sets her bags to the floor.

Sparky does the same as he takes the seat across from her.

The train still gives a few low hisses as they wait for it to start back up, but the hiss of the train is cut off as a feminine voice rings in from the seats across the walkway, "A unicorn from Ponyville going to Celestia's school? That's a first."

From the voice Violet and Sparky turn there heads, but both ponies give a slight double-take to the grayish crystally unicorn mare with dark green mane being held up in a ponytail with a few what looks like blue crystal clips.

Violet nods her head to the mare's comment as the stallion across from her speaks up with the same question she wants to ask, "What's so special about that?"

The mare gives a little smile as she shrugs the comment off, "Well Ponyville...from what I understand is predominantly an earth pony town, I have never heard of a known unicorn coming from there." The mare's words hold a well spoken chime to them as she waits for a response.

But the response doesn't come from the mare she has in her crystal eyed gaze, instead it comes from the stallion again as he laughs, "Well obviously you've never heard of Twilight Sparkle."

The mare blinks to the comment as she speaks up, "Well I would think that every pony has heard of Twilight Sparkle, if it wasn't for her and her friends efforts the crystal empire may not have been allowed back into Equestria."

The comment brings a spark to Violet's eyes as she gives a faint smile to the comment, but she's unable to continue the conversation she wants as Sparky starts up again, "Well you're looking at her daughter, Violet Sparkle."

Sparky's slightly excited words and happy face bring Violet's ears down as she just gives a smile to the crystal mare across the train's walk way.

However the crystal mare doesn't give a simple smile, instead she bows her head a little as she adjust the few bags beside her, "Well I am pleased to meet such a pony...I am Starlight Bright." A new found smirk comes over the mares face as she keeps her respectful head bow, "And much like you Violet Sparkle, I am the first unicorn of my fair city to attend Celestia's school." Her tone hardens a little to a more sophisticated banter as she continues, "But unlike you, I have waited a lot longer for this opportunity."

The mare's words bring Violet's hooves into motion as she feeds back her own response, but the short lapse in thinking comes to an end as she realizes the mare would have no idea what she said.

"You were saying?"

Violet blinks to the crystal pony's stare, from the motionless hooves the crystal mare speaks up, "Every pony in the crystal empire knows hoofing, now go on."

A new found confidence comes to her smile as it runs across Violet's face as she hooves out her response, and as her last expert motion ends it's course the crystal mare gives a little smirk, "You claimed to be a very determined pony Violet, and I can sense that you are not just doing this for the sake of your mother's name, you intend to prove something of yourself while you attend Celestia's school am I right?"

The light purple mare just holds a smile to the crystal mare as her ears stay pinned awaiting the mare's next response.

Bright shares the same sure faced smile as she nods, "Good luck then Violet Sparkle, because you're not the only pony out to prove something of herself."

The two mare's stares are broken as the train conductor from outside speaks up, "All aboard!"

Within a few moments the train beneath the seated ponies hooves begins to come alive as they start their journey down the rails.

Violet shifts her attention out the window to the white castle embedded in the far away mountain side as the train begins to pull from the station.

End of chapter 3